» «
Photo

Omni lights (red, green, white) for Heli

6 replies to this topic
mikeson
  • mikeson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:50 PM Edited by mikeson, 21 December 2009 - 05:12 PM.

Hi guys, i'm new here, i am finishing UH-60 Heli for san andreas, and i have a problem:

How can i add flashing (red, green, white) lights on my model? I know it's done with omni, but i can't figure out how... i tried everything and i just can't figure it out... mercie_blink.gif

Using Max 9 and kams script...

here is a sneak-peak biggrin.gif

user posted image

any help is appreciated!

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:25 AM Edited by JohnPro, 28 December 2009 - 09:28 AM.

Hi the Omni doesnt control the lights it simply gives the coordinates of the 2dfx data.
To make 2dfx or partile effects (like in ghost rider mod) you will need Dexx Sa Effects script for 3ds max.
Now import your model into max. click on the omni and in dexx script click add Light info.
Go to light info and choose the type of light you would like to use.
Repeat this step for the other omni's
Export it using Dexx script once done.

You will now have an SAE file. This SAE file needs to be imported into the dff using RWanalyzer.

So there are many sections you will need to open the ORIGINAL dff of san andreas and check to see where they placed the 2dfx data.

Now open YOUR dff and look for he section similar to the original. Right click the blue extension and click Add Section Data, under the menu look for "2dfx"
Click OK!
Now you will see a orange 2dfx data that has 0kb info right click on it and import section data. Of course you will point it to the SAE you exported before, once done it will turn green. Save and test.

This is a very very rough tutorial and assumes that you have basic modding knowledge smile.gif

May I ask where you found your model? I kinda need Military vehicle models since I am not very skilled in scratch modelling .

mikeson
  • mikeson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:02 PM Edited by mikeson, 28 December 2009 - 05:18 PM.

thx dude! i'll go try it right away! smile.gif

and about the model, i really don't remember where i found it, but it was free and i had to re-texture it and do a lot of modding to make it look decent in gta...but i guess you can always try google and hope one good will eventually show up on page ~134... smile.gif

edit: hmmm, i'm not sure where to place it in hierarchy of my .dff... and the original dff has no similar parts...

i use rw analize 0.4b but there are no 2dfx options in add section... and where are supposed to be 2dfx data in original, it only shows unknown sections there?

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:53 PM Edited by JohnPro, 04 January 2010 - 02:59 PM.

Yes you need the updated RW_Secs.ini
to be able to add 2DFX

Rw_secs.rar

Good Luck!

MarcelloRocha
  • MarcelloRocha

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hello I am having the same problem, only that the link you posted is broken is to get another?

cyrilaeshell
  • cyrilaeshell

JESUS a megmentő

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

please give a link to the updated rw

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

No need RW_secs.rar its just to make life easy using RW_analyzer.

but I recommend ZAZ RW analyzer method, its the manual way but sure to work.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1059980387

Good Luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users