Photo

Help with The Driver mission

5 replies to this topic
zero19
  • zero19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

i can't get him to twist and every time i think i win the race, he winds up dying after i cross the final check point. will someone help me please sad.gif

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

In Prop Inc, party finds you!

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

What do you mean you can't 'get him to twist'? I'm not sure why he'd die after you finish the race, unless you're trying to blow up his car, which I'm quite sure would mean failure of the mission.

Well, barring any glitch you're experiencing, if you're having trouble just beating him outright, I suggest trying to ram the backside of his car from the side, spinning him out. The best place to do it would probably be on the second straight-away, the one past the first bridge, where your wanted stars first pop up. You shouldn't be too far off him at that point, and can probably sideswipe him just enough to turn him around and buy you some distance. From there, if you don't get caught up in traffic or hit anything (try to use the handbrake for sharper turns), you should win with relative ease.

Also, if you would just like the mission completed for you, there is the Save N Play topic.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

Are you on PC, I seem to recall an issue with the collision data causing hillary's car to fall through the road and into the water and drowing... I want to say it occurs on one of the bridges....

What I did on PS2 was get a 3 star wanted level prior to starting the mission-- this causes the police to use road spikes which pops hillary's tires (he won't drive around them) and it slows him down a bunch-- and he shouldn't get far enough in the race to reach the bridges--- when I did this (years and years ago), it took me 3 cars to finish the race and about 5 minutes (police beat the heck out of me).

I've also heard of parking a bus across the road near the police station effectively blocking him

Another thing you can try is parking a fast car like the Hotring racer at the first light after the start-- and swith cars to this one and race with this one... you will pass him early and should beat him handily.

If you park a vehicle as mentioned above, do not get in another one on the way to the Malibu as this may make them disappear.

If on PC you can also utilize save n play or timevault to pass the mission for you--- timevault is a mission passer code tool-- see pinned thread...

babydoll2050
  • babydoll2050

*ROAR* Omg, it's a kitty!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

Mission: The Driver
Link: http://gtasnp.com/22007

Thanks to whoever is helping me! colgate.gif

GunzBlazin
  • GunzBlazin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Dec 20 2009, 21:42)

Another thing you can try is parking a fast car like the Hotring racer at the first light after the start-- and swith cars to this one and race with this one... you will pass him early and should beat him handily.

If you park a vehicle as mentioned above, do not get in another one on the way to the Malibu as this may make them disappear.

That's how I do it, with the Hotring racer as Spuds suggested. I park it with my back bumper touching the pole on the left side of the road just before the first right turn in front of the Police Station. The front of the car should be facing SW, blocking the left lane. RUN to the club from there and activate the mission.

Sometimes Hillary will smack into your racer slowing him down a little, but if not, no biggie. Once you switch cars you'll be much faster, making it a piece of cake to catch up and leave him in your dust. He wasn't even in my rearview when I finished the race.

TheCoolest2
  • TheCoolest2

The Johnster

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

Hmm he fell in the ground once so i kept going he didnt fall into water he went into the ground halfay, half of a car ontop and half bottom on the bottom, i just driven by, i use KITT mod for gta vc based on the hit tv series knight rider from the 80's not the 09 one, i use pursuit mode i go so face the race is over in 3 seconds, good luck with your problem!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users