GTANetwork SA:MP Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic
AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

I perfectly understand you Zx, but that little amount of people that is frequent still doesn't have IV, and will probably get it in a few months, so they would love to enjoy the server it its final months before they get IV, in my opinion SA:MP and its events should live on GTAF til the end of 2010, then we should all fully move to IV PC, consoles and in 011 there probably will be a new GTA too.

Also, dice says he knows cheaper hosts, so talk to him, maybe you can find a better deal!

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

A cheap host is easy to find these days, the problem is they'll probably go down in a few months, the admins kinda suck and the services are not that reliable.

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:49 PM Edited by Zxirius, 10 February 2010 - 07:13 PM.

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Feb 10 2010, 12:37)
I perfectly understand you Zx, but that little amount of people that is frequent still doesn't have IV, and will probably get it in a few months, so they would love to enjoy the server it its final months before they get IV, in my opinion SA:MP and its events should live on GTAF til the end of 2010, then we should all fully move to IV PC, consoles and in 011 there probably will be a new GTA too.

Also, dice says he knows cheaper hosts, so talk to him, maybe you can find a better deal!

I'm personally afraid to use anything too far below the amount I'm paying now. Last night, I thought if I found a host that was a bit cheaper than what I'm paying now, that maybe it wouldn't bother me as much. I found a host called ServerZ, which was offering 500 slots for only 7.50~, 100 slots for only 3.50~. Hosts like that sound a little too good to be true, considering EVERYONE is asking for much more.

Though, you missed the point again, Andy. It's not the amount of money I'm putting towards the server, it's that I'm putting any money toward it at all and we barely get five of you guys on there a week. That's kind of a waste, even if it's a few bucks. I'm not even close to being cheap either. You'd feel the same if you were putting some of your hard earned money toward something like this, too.

---------

Here are some things you guys can do, which have been available to you guys since the beginning. I know a few of you know how to make maps of objects; you have always been able to make object maps, code little additions, and even find good filterscripts/additions from elsewhere that you think would be fun that we could add to the server. This is a community server, and I have been pretty open to adding additions like this since the beginning. More of this would not only add more to the server, but might even make it more fun for you guys too, causing you to play on it more often.

Ed, Dice, Ryan, and I can only do so much with the time that's offered to us. So, everyone can help out if they think it would make playing on there more fun.

QUOTE (uni)
A cheap host is easy to find these days, the problem is they'll probably go down in a few months, the admins kinda suck and the services are not that reliable.

Exactly.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

Cheers for keeping the server online Zx. Is there a way to hire the server only few a few days a week, ie; only on the days where there's bound to be more activity? That would make the money worth it.

I agree with SA:MP getting old, the server isn't as crowded as it used to be. Although, I feel that it isn't time to throw in the towel yet. There's still interest here, we just need to find if its possible to make better use of the server.

SA:MP events help in improving activity. I for one have started to spend more time on the server after joining the SA:MP racing league, both for practise as well as races. I think a lot of us here are beyond having free-roam meetups; we're looking for something more organized. The server gamemode presents a lot of possibilities, making it an ideal place to host events. Players who aspire to organize something on their own could make good use of the server, that will significantly increase the server's utilisation.

Regarding maps - Perhaps a community map project? We could team up and make stuff like that Lost Island. The MTA Map maker is very easy to use and anyone can lend a hand, irrespective of the level of their technical knowledge. More than the satisfaction of having made something, I believe its the thrill of playing with our own creations that makes this lucrative.

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:01 PM Edited by Now or Never, 11 February 2010 - 02:05 PM.

QUOTE (GTArv @ Feb 11 2010, 13:56)
Cheers for keeping the server online Zx. Is there a way to hire the server only few a few days a week, ie; only on the days where there's bound to be more activity? That would make the money worth it.

Yea this, in our old Y samp server i know dice used to open the server only from time to time and usually just for meets,
I dont know can you do it, or how will it work for you zx, but that should solve most of the problems.

Regarding maps - Perhaps a community map project? We could team up and make stuff like that Lost Island. The MTA Map maker is very easy to use and anyone can lend a hand, irrespective of the level of their technical knowledge. More than the satisfaction of having made something, I believe its the thrill of playing with our own creations that makes this lucrative.

And yes we really need to get together and work on this, it will be fun, and the samp "community" will not be going down so fast
(of course I'm talking about the Gtanet server and whole GTAF).

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Zxirius @ Feb 10 2010, 19:49)

Here are some things you guys can do, which have been available to you guys since the beginning. I know a few of you know how to make maps of objects; you have always been able to make object maps, code little additions, and even find good filterscripts/additions from elsewhere that you think would be fun that we could add to the server. This is a community server, and I have been pretty open to adding additions like this since the beginning. More of this would not only add more to the server, but might even make it more fun for you guys too, causing you to play on it more often.

I'll work on that for the weekend. icon14.gif

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Could you update /fix with the new function?

RepairVehicle(GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid));

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (uni @ Feb 12 2010, 11:44)
Could you update /fix with the new function?

RepairVehicle(GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid));

/repair uses that function. I like to open all options when making the commands, so I didn't update /fix with the body damage function, just in case for some reason they don't want the body fixed. So, I updated /repair instead, since that originally was meant to fix your engine and body after sending you to a Pay'n'Spray.

If players would prefer me make /fix fix body damage too, that wouldn't be a problem.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:21 AM

Nevermind I didn't noticed /repair. tounge.gif

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

Ever thought of adding a climbing mode? There pretty fun

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

G0D> [ 7 ] [Y]MobBG
<G0D> [ 8 ] [Y]NoN
<G0D> [ 9 ] Lycosa
<G0D> [ 10 ] [Y]SuperPM
<G0D> [ 11 ] [KSF]Kanja
<G0D> [ 12 ] [Y]AndyGanteks
<G0D> [ 13 ] [SRS]Gronf
<G0D> [ 14 ] NTAuthority
<G0D> [ 15 ] [Y]Ats
<G0D> [ 16 ] [SRS]Ptikobj
<G0D> [ 17 ] [Y]lt_yao
<G0D> [ 18 ] [LFM]Lurch
<G0D> [ 19 ] [$$H]Oblivionz
<G0D> [ 20 ] [SRS]_GC
<G0D> [ 21 ] CJZera
<G0D> [ 22 ] lurtz
<G0D> There are 16 players online.

Highest number of people we got today, plus there were around 10ish more who were on the SA:MP Meet.

If that ain't enough to keep the server open, i dunno then what it is.

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:12 PM Edited by Edmachine, 27 February 2010 - 09:17 PM.

I don't think you quite get it. It's the fact, that it's a community server, so the community should keep it up by DONATING money. And this was just a meet, not a regular day (if it would be, I'd kill myself). Zxirius doesn't want to pay $16 (or whatever it was) to keep the server up for around 5 people a day. (at least, that's what I think he means)

Also, for the love of everything, please make sure someone's actually hacking before calling him/her a hacker confused.gif . It's really stupid.

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:34 AM

So you think, because we hit a record high amount of players in the last three months because of ONE meet, that that is going to make me want to continue paying for the server to continue to serve less than five players a week? Come on Andy. One meet isn't enough.

The meet was just a bunch of players bitching about players lagging and/or hacking anyway, and a couple players abusing exploits to crash the server. Yeah, THAT'S going to make me want to continue paying. It's one thing to think you should have gotten a kill rather than dying and moving on, but continuously bitching about how someone won't die and that they must be hacking, even though we know them from this site and know they wouldn't do that, is just going to ruin the game for everyone else. It's a video game guys, have a little fun. Don't take it so seriously.

On a lighter note, there might be something good coming out of this soon anyway. We'll see how that goes.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

Any news on the server return?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Mar 28 2010, 12:11)
Any news on the server return?

Good question. We recently got our own private forum here for server development, but for what I don't know considering the server is down.

Hopefully Zxirius can shed some light on it.

markjaysongalang
  • markjaysongalang

MarkJ-0699

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

It's down tounge.gif

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (markjaysongalang @ Jun 29 2010, 22:53)
It's down tounge.gif

I think you're right.

Don't bump old dead topics unless necessary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users