GTANetwork SA:MP Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic
Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:06 AM Edited by Zxirius, 23 December 2009 - 12:14 AM.

* Changelog for Version 2.0.1 *

Minor Updates
  • Flamethrower ban in /dm13 issue fixed. (players who were banned because of it are now unbanned)
  • /farm command readded, but now spawns you at Blueberry Acres.
  • Join/Leave messages reenabled.
  • Information lists updated/fixed.
* Known Issues (As of 2.0.1) *
  • [NEW] When two players kill each other at the same time in a deathmatch, the countdown doesn't spawn you properly.
  • Gang cars sometimes fail to spawn on gang locations.
  • Spectate countdown sometimes doesn't run if the player has very high latency.
  • Welcome screen sometimes doesn't disappear at start if the player has very high latency.
  • 0.3a vehicle streamer can make gameplay a little choppy when loading home vehicles, because of the high amount of vehicles loading at the same time. Will be more noticable on low end PCs.
  • Lag. Yes, latency. The server is not responsible for this. If you experience bad lag, it is caused by your Internet connection and/or your location from the server.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Zxirius @ Dec 23 2009, 01:06)
When two players kill each other at the same time in a deathmatch, the countdown doesn't spawn you properly.

I've noticed this when i was DMing once, we both killed each other at the exactly same time, he spawned, and i spawned too but in some ghost world and kept flying up. Couldn't do /home or even /kill so i had to rejoin the server. But it doesn't happen always only if you manage to match the kills perfectly equal.

And thanks for the unban.

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Dec 23 2009, 02:11)
And thanks for the unban.

Well, of course I had to unban you guys, it wasn't your fault. tounge.gif Although, next time, don't tell other players to do what you did so they also get banned.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, sure. tounge.gif

Just one question, for the races, can we spawn more rc thingies on /rcbattlef, aka can it be done by an admin, just for the race tour thing me and grease are planning?

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

Spawning RC vehicles just for that event doesn't seem like a problem. That's definitely how it's going to have to be though, because there are enough RC vehicles, that spawn there at the start, for now.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (GTANetwork SA:MP @ Dec 18 2009, 14:32)
*/loadtrack [name] Loads the track you specify.

How are we meant to know all the race names?
Can you either write them out in here or add a command that displays all the race names?

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2009 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Dec 24 2009, 17:26)
QUOTE (GTANetwork SA:MP @ Dec 18 2009, 14:32)

*/loadtrack [name] Loads the track you specify.

How are we meant to know all the race names?
Can you either write them out in here or add a command that displays all the race names?

This has been asked before:
QUOTE (Zxirius)
For the race thing, that's not how it works. Races are made by players in the server, not the staff. The list would eventually become too long, so that's not really a good idea. You'll just have to remember the name of your race.

If members make a race, they can feel free to share it with us in this topic. Maybe I'll add a section in the first post for all of the popular created tracks, but there aren't enough at this time.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:26 AM

sigh.gif

Ohey, me and Greasepalms made 32 races for the event we're starting in a few days, so here's the list, of course, we may change it maybe add a few more before we start it that is, but feel free to race on them while we prepare the topic and all that. smile.gif

Airport-Run
off-roading
round-the-farm
quarry-mess
mount-chilliad
cave-explorer
air-ace
circuit-race
bridge-drag-2
hover-race
ls-beach
bayside-circuit
rc-race
Free-race
Black-Project
8-track
countryside-tour
naval-base-circuit
LS-circuit
desert-tour
KACC-kart-race
golf-quad
lc-snow-confusion
strip-lv-drive
SA-boat-race
SA-boat-race-II
into-ls.
air-race
boat-master
lvair-drift-drag
sa-terminal-velocit

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 27 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

That's excellent. Thanks Andy.

Kanja
  • Kanja

A Muslim Warrior

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:48 AM

@All Gangs Of GTA Forums: Sup guys how Are You. Guys as You know SA:MP Server is back and Now it is A lot Developed and Gang Scripts are Added those are Pretty Nice and i remember Before 2-3 month every one was Recommending That gang Scripts Should be added and as Now Added No one is Using and Testing What The Hell you are Doing Server admins and Owner made This Only For You Guys You should thank to them For this But No one is Interested in These and Even No one playing SA:MP guys Owner made this server For You He pays Only For You He made Scripts only For You then Why Not You using it i think We all gang Should enjoy and arrange Some Wars at Weekends BTW I'm watching that some peoples are leaving Play Sa:Mp Guys GTA SA is a game which has it's own Taste like Cod MW2 released But this isn't mean that we leave play GTA SA because GAMES releases Every day But That isn't mean that You Leave playing Your Current game BTW that's Your Choice. sly.gif

also There are Some Bugs So please any gang arrange Any wars For Checking and Making Server More Efficient tounge.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:58 AM Edited by GTArv, 01 January 2010 - 05:02 AM.

Gang wars you say? Good call.
(By the way, don't mean to be rude, but please use a little punctuation Kanja; its easier to read that way)

How do we start gang wars? Just get into the /wars mode and fire away?

Kanja
  • Kanja

A Muslim Warrior

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 01 January 2010 - 09:16 AM Edited by Kanja, 01 January 2010 - 09:19 AM.

Well as much i know We Do /wars Then it Teleport us into our gang base.after that Weif our 4 Members are active and also at least 4 Members active of other Gang then we can Start a Gang wars and Acquire Territory.But I Dunno how to attack :S i think Dice or Zxirius should make a Tutorial For All Functions

BUG:
Yesterday i get to /wars and i saw a Bug that When our gang Started i had $ 50000 and i Bought some Guns And my Remaing Cash was $20000 But when i entered My Cash was still $ 20000 But i had no Guns Even I bought and consumed Money Dice Should Check on this

Suggestion:
Guys i have a Suggestion To make /wars System Popular at Gang some one or Server admin Start a Turf wars Tour of Sa:Mp like Some Peoples already Started On PSN And Xbox I hope this will Help To Improve WARS System or may i Start this Event But i really Need Some one's Help Of any one can? Pm me.

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

I dont know dont know if you have seen/got this bug but /purchase and /call dont really work, when you purchase a car it just disappears, and if you "call" it just takes your money and thats it.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:45 PM Edited by AndySerb, 16 January 2010 - 07:16 PM.

Thanks for adding the boom command Zx, but it doesn't work, apparently only for me. I played today with copper, he did it fine, and all i did was get the text, youre already exploding and no explosions on me.

edit: Nvm, dice fixed me.

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Jan 16 2010, 19:45)
Thanks for adding the boom command Zx, but it doesn't work, apparently only for me. I played today with copper, he did it fine, and all i did was get the text, youre already exploding and no explosions on me.

edit: Nvm, dice fixed me.

Actually i think that command was made by dice, and now i doesnt work for no one, it just says "your already exploding". bored.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

try /boomstop

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:24 PM

I got bug reports here, Andy and I had a good DM ( I lose, sad.gif ) so first the boom that used to work smoothly aren't working anymore. I tried /boomstop, then do /boom 5 but it still said the same thing " You're already exploding " but in face there are no booms!

Now the second bug is while we had a good DM match, suddenly the respawn aren't responds. It just take me to weird UI. I got the pictures right here:
user posted image user posted image

Hope this bug reports are useful to fellow GTANETSAMP staff.

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:36 PM Edited by Zxirius, 04 February 2010 - 03:39 PM.

I'm sorry to say, but because of the lack of interest and activity on the server, I no longer feel my money is going to good use and I am no longer paying to keep the server up. This doesn't have to be the end of the server. This is a community server, therefore if you guys would like to keep the server up, donate. We have over 10 players that play on the server during events, and if each donate 1 (about $1.65~) per month, that will be enough to keep the server up. Our quota is to get at least 10/month (about $16.50~), which is the price of our hosting, by the 9th of each month.

I have also been quite busy lately, and really don't have time for much gaming on any GTA game right now. So, I'm not even playing much on the server at this time. So, for those of you who like to play on the server, the events, and want to continue it's existence, think of getting a few people together to donate once a month. All money will go toward the server, and the upgrades to your account mentioned in the first post will still be done if you donate.

If we get dedicated players to donate, and the server stays up, updates will still periodically be made to the server just as they have been.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:48 PM

Well, can you at least save the DM's and the race script, so that when at some point you get the money from people and restart the server 24/7 the races we've made don't get recycle binned, or in other words, just give the script or whatever that's called where the races we've made are stored so that they don't get lost, so that we can continue with the racing event.

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Feb 5 2010, 15:48)
Well, can you at least save the DM's and the race script, so that when at some point you get the money from people and restart the server 24/7 the races we've made don't get recycle binned, or in other words, just give the script or whatever that's called where the races we've made are stored so that they don't get lost, so that we can continue with the racing event.

Indeed, if the races and DM zones could be saved, that would be wonderful.

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

It's a shame seen so much work going to waste. Put in another mode perhaps?

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (uni @ Feb 8 2010, 19:30)
It's a shame seen so much work going to waste. Put in another mode perhaps?

I don't see how that fixes the problem.

uNi
  • uNi

instantrum

• None

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

Something more objective can motivate the player to keep coming back instead of giving away to many choices.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (uni @ Feb 9 2010, 14:20)
Something more objective can motivate the player to keep coming back instead of giving away to many choices.

The server has enough players, it just doesn't have anyone to pay for it.

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:26 PM Edited by Zxirius, 09 February 2010 - 10:32 PM.

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Feb 9 2010, 13:15)

I can pay for it, but I don't see much point with such little activity, that's what uni is referring to. I'm probably going to pay for this next month, to give some time for some players (you guys ...) to consider donating.

I don't think I should pay $16.50 a month for an average of a player a day. I'm not asking you to come to the server by paying for it, I was doing it for you guys. So, I see it only fitting that those who like the server that play regularly help by donating to keep it up. If everyone donated a dollar or two a month, that would keep the server up on a monthly basis. It's not asking much.

And uni, the server isn't up to get massive player activity from outside the site. It is open for more players to play, but the server is up and customized for the events that take place on this site. We don't need to add more things to attract random players, since that's not what it's up for.

What the problem is here: players that play on the server don't open enough meets/events to have enough point to keep it up, and it's definitely not worth 16 bucks out of my pocket every month.

Now or Never
  • Now or Never

Mr. Sabatini

• Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

So I guess, if theres more "active" events, such as RL and DM tournament(maybe if that gets active there will be more people on the server), more people will come, you will have a reason to keep up the server, and as the players will like the events to keep on they will donate to.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Zxirius @ Feb 9 2010, 23:26)

I can pay for it, but I don't see much point with such little activity, that's what uni is referring to. I'm probably going to pay for this next month, to give some time for some players (you guys ...) to consider donating.

I don't think I should pay $16.50 a month for an average of a player a day. I'm not asking you to come to the server by paying for it, I was doing it for you guys. So, I see it only fitting that those who like the server that play regularly help by donating to keep it up. If everyone donated a dollar or two a month, that would keep the server up on a monthly basis. It's not asking much.

Well, for the payement. Was the last server 12 dollars for 3 months or was i mistaken somewhere? I thought there were cheaper hosts, i think the yardie server berkley had a year ago was much cheaper. whatsthat.gif

Either way, i would donate all the money, all the 16 if i could, but since i am too young to have a credit card/paypal and all that, and my parents don't allow me such money over internet transfers yet, i cannot even give a dime. sad.gif

So, we can only rely on someone who is mature, has a job and a paypal account. I'm sure there is will among everyone who plays to donate, but most of them are 17,18.

Also, open up more events. I got two running, the DM tour and the racing league.

There's meets that happen occasionally and also what could we possibly do?

Got any ideas for events guys? Please post em if you do! I'm sure there can be people who can run new events.

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:40 AM Edited by Zxirius, 10 February 2010 - 09:44 AM.

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Feb 10 2010, 01:35)
QUOTE (Zxirius @ Feb 9 2010, 23:26)

Well, for the payement. Was the last server 12 dollars for 3 months or was i mistaken somewhere? I thought there were cheaper hosts, i think the yardie server berkley had a year ago was much cheaper. whatsthat.gif

Nope, $16 (10) was the cheapest and most reliable I could find, and I searched everywhere. It was actually quite a deal compared to other hosts, per slot. This was over six months ago, so there may be better deals out there now, but you seem to be missing the point. I have the money to pay for the server, I just feel it's going to waste with the obvious lack of interest from players from this site and do not want to pay for it anymore for that reason. There are a quite of few of you who show up on the server from time to time, but honestly there are only about MAYBE 5-7 of you who regular the server.

This is the final month I am paying myself. Hopefully this gives everyone enough time to possibly get some donations in, otherwise we're going to have to find an alternative way to keep this online.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

I may be able to give some.
So, you do have the money to continually pay for the server? But you dont want to pay because it isn't being used enough and it seems like a waste? Ok, fair enough. But what would you like to happen to make you believe it is being paid for wisely and for you to continue to pay?

Zxiriusstinks
  • Zxiriusstinks

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:28 PM Edited by Zxirius, 10 February 2010 - 06:32 PM.

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Feb 10 2010, 04:44)
Ok, fair enough. But what would you like to happen to make you believe it is being paid for wisely and for you to continue to pay?

There's not much we can do. We've been at this position with things like this in the past on GTAForums, not just with this either, many things. At the time when something is about to be taken away from you, people take action, but then it gets forgotten and we end up back where we started.

SA:MP is a dying community anyway. Pretty soon IV:MP will make it's release and many SA:MPers that are still playing will switch over to that. That's when I'll be looking into the new language IV:MP uses, with seems simpler than SA:MP's pawno, and maybe bring together a team again and release that.

I've also stated there is a lack of interest from you guys in this, which is the problem. A lot more interest and activity would get me to keep this going, but like I said above, I don't see much coming out of it.

Show me that I'm wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users