Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

so dont hold out for co-op story then!

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

I'm considering buying this game soon for the PC.

has anyone been playing it (on the PC, not interested in console reviews) who can provide some feedback?
now that it's been released.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Saturday, Jun 30 2012, 07:57)
I'm considering buying this game soon for the PC.

Planning to get it on the PC too, but kind of confused between this or Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

Played the demo on PS3, looks cool and all. Don't know if it would keep me playing til the end though.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:58 AM Edited by Daz, 30 June 2012 - 04:05 AM.

Ok so I got it only 7 hours ago and ive beat it so i guess it probably only took me 6 hours, but oh well, I enjoyed it and that is rare for me.

The gameplay is awesome, very great ragdoll and the shooting is GREAT, especially considering i complain over every little f*ckup they do with guns in games, even the ones that are meant to be great like battlefield 3 have major f*ckups, but this one doesnt, they feel amazing.

As for the story, I know its a copy of the Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now style theme but it is pretty interesting and the levels and areas are very colorful and unique, some good parts later on also.

Now, spoiler time:

Very intense spoiler:

What the hell is up with the ending? I dont know if it was because of the choices I made but it seemed like already a great story and essentially becoming the person you thought was a monster and coming out scarred, but no, it does a f*cking fight club ending on you and its all in your head and means f*ck all, this kind of put me off it and annoyed me quite abit as the story was actually enjoyable and good till that point, and I felt that it kind of just pissed on the point of the whole game, just a cheap way to end it, even though the story was going good already. I still enjoyed the story and the game though.

So overall defo worth the £35 I paid, I would for sure recommend it as a rent for people, as lets face it, its just a 'movie' style game, not that i mean it has cutscenes, i mean that you play/watch it and then feel good for the experience then move on and possibly play it somewhere down the line. But it wont hold you for more than a few days. So if you are short on money, get it at a later date when you are bored.

So even though there isnt much in it, I thought it was great, worth playing once. Shooting is great and fun enough to keep you entertained through the nice looking levels.

Its just a shame the story wasnt 2 player co-op, that would have made it extremely fun, though there should be some co-op mode dlc coming out soon. So yeah, its rare to get something that actually feels like a videoGAME in a sea of sh*tty useless piles of crap. I think if story got shoved too much more into it i would have not enjoyed it nearly as much. You are let to get on with it and it works well. Many new games are dissapointments and sh*t but this is actually decent.

Give it a rent, its worth the experience.

I just did some Multiplayer and it was pretty great, unlike most games people die when you shoot them, actually very fun.

Oh yeah, ill give anyone £5 to the first person to accurately tally up all the burnt dead f*ckers in this.

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

this game and Max Payne 3 is underlooked

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

do you mean "underrated" ??

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Underrated suggests lots of people have played it but not enjoyed it, I think he means most people haven't even bothered picking it up.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

I think it looks pretty good... once my CC payment posts tomorrow I will certainly be firing this one up.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 21:04)

sh*t, I was wondering if I should get this game but now after watching this trailer, I HAVE to get this game!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

bought this game during xmas sale. halfway through it now and enjoying it biggrin.gif . i do have to say the game is linear and most of the time its pretty much just shoot everything. it does make up for it with the story

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 20:36)
QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Friday, Jan 18 2013, 21:04)

sh*t, I was wondering if I should get this game but now after watching this trailer, I HAVE to get this game!

This is one of the few good games that were developed in Germany. The game itself is a bit short and linear like COD, but the story sets it apart from other games. It evokes feelings like frustration and anger in player because of what happens and how you can influence the outcome. Also the protagonists personality develops in a short time span. it is an anti war game.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

My mum just said I can get this for Eid!!! (I am a Muslim)
Found it used for £14.86, will pick it up. smile.gif
Eid is in July. smile.gif

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Saturday, Jan 19 2013, 00:54)
bought this game during xmas sale. halfway through it now and enjoying it biggrin.gif . i do have to say the game is linear and most of the time its pretty much just shoot everything. it does make up for it with the story

I think that was the idea. lure in the COD fans by showing trailers fighting an insurgency in a sandy environment (sound familiar) with helocopter crashes and explosion. then destroy the "pristine war hero" image and the idea of it being just another war shooter like COD and Battlefield by keeping the set pieces of action goodness but adding a story different to "bad Russians, kill 'em all".

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by Gtaghost22, 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM.

I really want to get this game since it has a good story but I heard it's super short, like only 4-7 hours long, is that true? I hope it can last me at least 9-10 hours or I'm not sure I will buy it.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

The story last around 10 hours

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by Stephan123, 21 January 2013 - 04:21 PM.

I can give you guys a very valuable hint. Before playing the game you should disable the mouse acceleration. This can't be done within the game options. You have to decode a certain file, change something with an editor, and encode it afterwards.

But I don't know anymore which file it was. Just google "Spec Ops The Line disabling mouse acceleration".

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 17:18)
I can give you guys a very valuable hint. Before playing the game you should disable the mouse acceleration. This can't be done within the game options. You have to decode a certain file, change something with an editor, and encode it afterwards.

But I don't know anymore which file it was. Just google "Spec Ops The Line disabling mouse acceleration".

We play on PS3. smile.gif

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 16:36)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Monday, Jan 21 2013, 17:18)

We play on PS3. smile.gif

Then have fun.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

It's short for a reason. They don't stop, there's no "cutscene mode" like MW3 like how they take many breaks in that game, in The Line they probably rest for a bit - but not for long. Walker's face goes from pristine clean to burnt face very fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users