Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:35 AM

Well, what do you make of this?
Looks like we'll be seeing Black Mask.

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:38 AM

Saw this announced on the VGAs earlier. Really enjoyed the first Arkham Asylum, so it should be interesting to see how this turns out. Here's a link to the new website, although it's not working right now; http://arkhamhasmoved.com/

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:39 AM

Did you notice how the mask that drops down is almost a dead copy of Joker's mask in The Dark Knight?

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

f*ck yeah! I was hoping that they're making a sequel to that Arkham Asylum (which is IMO maybe the best game in this year).
Now it's confirmed. Great.

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:21 AM

So everything done in the first game was for nothing? Is all security in this series so pissweak that any prisoner can escape from anywhere? Joker had just come down from a steroid overdose and was locked up, Quinn was betrayed by Joker and locked up, and know they've taken over the city?

Eh, should be awesome anyway, there wasn't many things wrong with the first one. As long as they work out how to make nearly every boss fight not suck, it should be perfect.

Even without Scarecrow. Those parts were brilliant.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:10 AM

The security at Arkham is notoriously pissweak. They're pretty much free to come and go whenever they please.

Anyway, the new trailer looks very cool. Almost looks like a No Man's Land spin on it. I see references to both Black Mask and Penguin as well, both of whom were big players in No Man's Land (though seeing as they're two of Batman's biggest villains that's hardly coincidental).

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:47 AM

I creamed myself when they announced this. The return of the Joker and what looks like them moving to the city itself is awesome

dvs_angel
  • dvs_angel

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:29 AM

Fantastic. Thoroughly enjoyed the first one, Scarecrow really stole the show though, imo.

Would've been nice to have a different major villain, like the one mentioned robbing a bank in Gotham at the end of the first game but it's possible he could still make an appearance as a boss fight. On the other hand, I really do enjoy Mark Hamill's Joker.

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

Video's been pulled down, and I'm still stuck on that elevator room with the Titan and f*ck loads of henchmen. :<

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

^^ That part was a bitch, i was only playing on normal as well.

Well it was rumoured that a second would come and here we are, first one was great so definitely looking forward to this.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

As excited as I am, it was pretty expected. The ending of Arkham Asylum had a huge cliffhanger with Batman flying back to Gotham to stop Two Face.

At any rate f**k yeah. Arkham Asylum was epic. I hope the sequel reaches the standards of the first one, and goes higher. smile.gif

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

Seddo, try doing it on hard mate. It is pure torture. I might actually have a crack at it in a minute and look at some walkthrough videos. I NEED to finish this game!

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

I can't wait for this game! Arkham Asylum was great and hopefully this will be much better. biggrin.gif

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

f*cking right! Finished the Titan boss on the second time of asking! Now I just need to readjust to the controls properly and crack on with the game.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

The trailer was removed. I'd love to see this game take place in Gotham itself, because despite of AA's awesomeness, reusing a location seems lazy.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:32 PM

I still haven't played the first one yet wow.gif
Only £20 in HMV, might have to buy it in preparation for number 2!

Enjoii
  • Enjoii

Calm like a bomb

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

GameTrailers have the trailer up on their website now, higher quality than the YouTube version too so it's worth a watch; http://www.gametrail...-spike-tv/59828

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

Damn it! No Scarecrow? Oh well at least we should probably have Two Face, Black Mask and Penguin. I wonder what kind of boss fights you gonna have against them.

Off-topic: The next batman movie should have Scarecrow as the main villain.

Lethal Nizzle
  • Lethal Nizzle

Optima dies, prima fugit

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Dec 13 2009, 17:37)
Damn it! No Scarecrow? Oh well at least we should probably have Two Face, Black Mask and Penguin. I wonder what kind of boss fights you gonna have against them.

Too late, rumours are that Eddie Murphy's playing The Riddler with Shia LaBeouf as Robin in the next film.

ACAngus
  • ACAngus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Lethal Nizzle @ Dec 13 2009, 18:06)

Too late, rumours are that Eddie Murphy's playing The Riddler with Shia LaBeouf as Robin in the next film.

Scarecrow was in the first one.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:15 PM

Wait, am I missing something? When does it say that Scarecrow isn't going to be in the game? Where does it say anything about Scarecrow?

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Lethal Nizzle @ Dec 13 2009, 18:06)

If Robin shows up in any capacity in the next Batman, I will not see it, never

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Dec 14 2009, 03:15)
Wait, am I missing something? When does it say that Scarecrow isn't going to be in the game? Where does it say anything about Scarecrow?

Scarecrow was killed by Killer Croc, or at least that was what it seemed. So I doubt he will be appearing in the next game.

As for the next movie, I dont mind seeing Robin but casting Shia LaBouef will be a huge mistake. I wish Jim Carrey reprises his role as the Riddler, it will be a perfect time for him.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Dec 13 2009, 21:39)
Wait, am I missing something?  When does it say that Scarecrow isn't going to be in the game?  Where does it say anything about Scarecrow?

Scarecrow was killed by Killer Croc, or at least that was what it seemed. So I doubt he will be appearing in the next game.

Yeah but the game has 3 endings and Scarecrow was 1 of 3 villains that come out of the water and grabbed the floating Titan crate.

The other two being Killer Croc and Bane

So depending on what ending you get he can survive, so it still could be a possibility.

3minty3
  • 3minty3

Are you watching closely?

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Dec 13 2009, 20:53)
Wait, am I missing something?  When does it say that Scarecrow isn't going to be in the game?  Where does it say anything about Scarecrow?

Yeah but the game has 3 endings and Scarecrow was 1 of 3 villains that come out of the water and grabbed the floating Titan crate.

So depending on what ending you get he can survive, so it still could be a possibility.

Really, were the endings randomly chosen or based on things you did. I got the scarecrow ending

I am delighted that a new game is coming out and cant wait but I dont understand how on earth Harley would be helping the joker again.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

she is insane afterall

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:59 PM

I think the endings are random, not sure if anyone knows what pattern unlocks the specific villain.

I got Killer Croc in my ending.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (3minty3 @ Dec 13 2009, 13:53)
QUOTE (Seddo @ Dec 13 2009, 20:53)

Really, were the endings randomly chosen or based on things you did. I got the scarecrow ending

I am delighted that a new game is coming out and cant wait but I dont understand how on earth Harley would be helping the joker again.

Joker has done more than betray Harley. He's tried to kill her, and regularly abuses her. And she still comes back to him.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

I’ve still to play the first one, only had a go on the demo so far. Have asked for the game for Christmas so have my fingers crossed. Does look very good though, I kind of wish they would incorporate this gameplay but use the design and style used in the 2 most recent movies.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Dec 13 2009, 15:22)
I’ve still to play the first one, only had a go on the demo so far. Have asked for the game for Christmas so have my fingers crossed. Does look very good though, I kind of wish they would incorporate this gameplay but use the design and style used in the 2 most recent movies.

I think that would have been very bad for the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users