San Andreas vigilante missions glitch?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
HoraceSlughorn
  • HoraceSlughorn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

Hi fellow gamers I need some info....Does the vigilante missions glitch (you know, entering a food shop while doing a vigilante mission and waiting for the criminals to get wasted) work in the PC version of SA?

If it does work, plz tell me how exactly should i use it? I mean, should i just wait inside or order something, how long should i wait, what police car should i use etc...).

HAPPY GAMING.....

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:59 PM Edited by lil weasel, 13 December 2009 - 02:00 PM.

I have tried it when I first heard about it but, only gotten it to work a very few times (on the PC.)
And, it seemed to only work at the shop where OG Loc worked.
I never got above level 3. Which is a waste since I can do level seven easily without trying to cheat.

Now, I usually wait until the Rhino appears in the Restricted Zone south of the Verdant Meadows and go wild with it. I've used the Hunter but it's quirky to fly.

The Extra body Armour rating isn't all that useful. It seems to me that the villians seem to be tougher with the Extra Armour Rating, too.

Do SEARCH the topics there should be plenty of info. GOOGLE might work too.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:22 AM

I have no idea if it works on PC or not.

I also consider the use of such things and abomination!

Play the game and do your best!

Reliance on such things seems pretty low considering how much easier it is to just use a Hunter and go eat at the various hot dog vending locations be they stand or truck.

Yet this is just IMAO, and what do I know?

HoraceSlughorn
  • HoraceSlughorn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 13 2009, 03:22)

Reliance on such things seems pretty low considering how much easier it is to just use a Hunter and go eat at the various hot dog vending locations be they stand or truck.

HollyGrenadeFrenzy thanks for your opinions....i agree with you about cheating buddy, but I got tired of all the wanted levels i get when i start the vigilante mission...only a couple of minutes and I get 3 levels mad.gif can't chase targets when the stupid cops are chasing me!

do you know any way to avoid the wanted levels because pay n' spray doesn't work for cop cars?! Thanks for any suggestions...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

You can buy clothing, or if near a safe house change cloths (Shirt or Pants).

Grab a nearby parked car and take it into the Paint n spray.

all three have worked for me.

AND, Don't forget the Bribe Stars. I found they regenerate after about Three Minutes (Real Time).

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

You can also get a new haircut or tattoo. That's faster than changing clothes due to the clunky wardrobe scripts.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:48 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 13 December 2009 - 06:12 PM.

QUOTE (HoraceSlughorn @ Dec 13 2009, 10:02)
QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Dec 13 2009, 03:22)

HollyGrenadeFrenzy thanks for your opinions....i agree with you about cheating buddy, but I got tired of all the wanted levels i get when i start the vigilante mission...only a couple of minutes and I get 3 levels mad.gif can't chase targets when the stupid cops are chasing me!

do you know any way to avoid the wanted levels because pay n' spray doesn't work for cop cars?! Thanks for any suggestions...

Sure, SAM might help some too.

Generally, it really depends on where I am on the map but if you cannot find enough bribes then I suggest the Pay'N'Spray in Idlewood usually has a close vehicle for dumping stars just north of The Well Stacked Pizza Co. in their parking lot. Use this to dump the stars quickly if the bribes are too much for you.

Use SAM to find your bribe locations. icon14.gif

Be attentive of the police before you shoot down the criminals.

Do not shoot cops during this mission because this just brings more trouble.

Choose your vehicle for doing this mission wisely. If you are all gold in Verdant Meadows then use the Hunter with the machine guns as your priority weapon because of the lack of stars gained from its use. If you are near the beginning and surrounded by 4 star wanted levels and the Hunter is still a dream away then go with the HPV-1000, because of its mobility, tight space abilities and the fact that you can shoot off the front of the bike.

This is all unless you have gotten access to the HPV-1000 BP/EP/FP/DP or the Rancher BP/EP/FP/DP. The first available from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: Bulletproof Car Walkthrough by System Error and the latter, currently exclusively from Proofed Cars from Jealous Girlfriends by OrionSR.

Third Major issue, eating.

Use Hot Dog & Nacho stands, Soda & Snack machines and Hot Dog Trucks for your food consumption. If the attendant is vacant then look away completely by some means then look back and he will appear, the game will bring the attendant and the marker up right away, if you do this. (note: Hot Dog Trucks are approach sensitive and if they are not present then it is often because of your approach from a certain direction going about two hundred game meters and returning from the appropriate direction will usually make them spawn.)

Fourth Armor.

Use SAM, if you must yet memorize armor locations by going to each and seeing where they are before you try and find them on the fly and use them when able.

If you must shoot police then get yourself the bribes or Pay N Spray soon.

Fifth, Police Evasion.

Learn the timing of breaking versus gas, vital for avoiding being knocked around. If you can jump on an HPV-1000 and get out of there then do.

edit.

In case you missed it in this thread somehow the linky is underlined.

linky>>SAM<<linky

Lastly, keep a cool head. This is not a mission that you need risk blowing a gasket over. When you do not do as you would like then just go do some maintenance on your CJ with armor and health and build back up your ammo for your weapons, MP5 with at least 2000 rds and AK or M4 at 2000rds. and be done with the worry. Take a soda or coffee break yourself. Get back into the game and play. wink.gif

Once you get the hang of it then you will build up extra minutes to go handle things like dumping stars and eating much easier. icon14.gif

The game keeps your roll over minutes so you do not loose them! biggrin.gif

HoraceSlughorn
  • HoraceSlughorn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone... biggrin.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (HoraceSlughorn @ Dec 15 2009, 07:45)
Thanks for the advice everyone... biggrin.gif

So, that is a success it seems?

HoraceSlughorn
  • HoraceSlughorn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:56 PM Edited by HoraceSlughorn, 17 December 2009 - 03:00 PM.

Howdy guys!!!

Thanks a LOT again everyone for your advice, tips and ideas...... colgate.gif

Special thanks to HolyGrenadeFrenzy and lil weasel for their detailed info.

I finally made it in the rhino. In case any other newbies are browsing this topic, here's how to do it:

go near the south east corner of the restricted area (area 69) in the desert. A fast bike is recommended for quick movement into area 69. There's a breakable fence near a parking area with a hummer (Patriot) and an army truck. You will probably have a 5 star level by now. Drive thru this fence (it will break on collision so this saves time) and find the rhino in one of the hangars in the parking area. Drive it to your airstrip safehouse nearby (FBI ranchers will come after you, hit the tank and explode - this will boost your respect) and go near the hangar oppsosite the garage (not the garage). The doors will slide open and store the rhino inside. Now run and save! The rhino is yours.

do the vigilante missions in the desert because there is a lot of space to move around and few cars.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:13 AM

You are welcome!

Glad to see that you are still enjoying the game. smile.gif

Diesleman
  • Diesleman

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:59 AM Edited by lil weasel, 28 July 2013 - 10:13 AM.

QUOTE (GTA Phreak @ Sunday, Dec 13 2009, 15:26)
You can also get a new haircut or tattoo. That's faster than changing clothes due to the clunky wardrobe scripts.

Hellz yes, thank you. Lol

<< Cautioned for bumping old topic without making a substantial addition to the topic >>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users