» «
Photo

[REL|GTAIV] Mario Money Mod

13 replies to this topic
NorthStarGTA4
  • NorthStarGTA4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:41 PM Edited by NorthStarGTA4, 09 December 2009 - 07:14 PM.

This is just a lil somethin I made for fun smile.gif This mod replaces the sound of picking up money with a mario 1up.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:45 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 09 December 2009 - 06:50 PM.

It sounds funky. Realy nice icon14.gif smile.gif

Something like this

You just copy everything after = and post them between [youtube]

Or just quote my post just to see how it shuld be. wink.gif

GTAdedan
  • GTAdedan

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:55 PM

Kinda off-topic, but in that vid you see the player hit someone with his gun, can someone tell me how to that? tounge.gif

Anyway, Nice idea, I immediately thought of replacing it with the zelda coin sound, because it sounds nice. Nice job icon14.gif

NorthStarGTA4
  • NorthStarGTA4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the tip man icon14.gif If you get really close to someone with your weapon drawn and fire it should do a melee attack instead.

GTAdedan
  • GTAdedan

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

Thanks, never happened to me yet, have to try it some time. anyway, keep it up icon14.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hahah, that's cool.

Why is your crosshair so f*cking big?

Shadow-Link
  • Shadow-Link

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:56 PM

Haha, awesome! You've got my download tounge.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

offtopic but this may clear things up: it wasn't possible pre 1.0.0.4 patch (atleast, not on my GTAIV). But since 1.0.0.4 they have fixed this so it has become possible.

Just stand close to someone, attack button and you'll automatically preform a melee attack with your rifle/pistol/shotgun.

brokenwings
  • brokenwings

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:59 AM

biggrin.gif cool£”very funny£”
I want to try cookie.gif

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:19 AM

Shouldn't it be the the coin sound from Super Mario? Not that it's really a problem or anything, I just thought that that was strange. Anyhoo, how were you able to do this? Is there a way I too, can edit .ivaud files?

GhostGum
  • GhostGum

Just a tree.

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:18 AM

hahaha, thats awsome!

Now if we add the mario death sounds, the mario jump sound (boing!), and the mario fireball sound (inplace of shooting) then we have the makings of greatness!

NorthStarGTA4
  • NorthStarGTA4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:52 AM

Hey guys, glad you like smile.gif Originally I was going to use coins for money, the 1up for health, the power up for guns, the end level music when you complete a mission etc. The problem I ran into is that any sound I replace must be about the same length or shorter, and some of the sounds were too long. I decided not mess with it as it wasn't something I anticipated spending a lot of time, and I wanted to get back to making weapon sounds. I still plan to come back to this one though eventually.

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (NorthStarGTA4 @ Dec 11 2009, 10:52)
Hey guys, glad you like smile.gif Originally I was going to use coins for money, the 1up for health, the power up for guns, the end level music when you complete a mission etc. The problem I ran into is that any sound I replace must be about the same length or shorter, and some of the sounds were too long. I decided not mess with it as it wasn't something I anticipated spending a lot of time, and I wanted to get back to making weapon sounds. I still plan to come back to this one though eventually.

I've got a gun sound, but in arbitrarymobster's tutorial it says that it must be exactly the same size, or like 2B less. So it can be much smaller, or not?

NorthStarGTA4
  • NorthStarGTA4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:18 PM

I'm still not sure about longer sounds, but you can add shorter ones. For instance if the original sound was 1 sec, and you wanted to replace it with a sound that was a .5 seconds, you would just add another .5 seconds of blank wav data to the end of the new sound.

I'm still testing ways to possibly get in longer sounds by reducing the filesize. It seems to be some kind of balance between the length and filesize, but I can't really put my finger on it. Sometimes it works, but then it can affect other sounds in the pack. Some really weird sh*t too lol Turns them into weird screeching and clicking sounds. Sometimes it will sound normal in SparkIV, but then screw up in the game. Then I do the same exact thing again and it suddeny works mercie_blink.gif So I have to mod and test one sound at a time, and it's a really slow and tedious process. I swear I've been hearing the loading music in my sleep lol maybe I'll work on removing that next tounge2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users