ENBSeries Car Reflection

8 replies to this topic
pilau
  • pilau

Why Player Hater?

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:17 AM

Hi everyone!
I have a question. If you take a look at these pictures here, I posted an example from a website presentation of an ENBSeries-enhanced GTAIV.
I am focusing on the cars only, because I was really impressed by the sunny streak on the metal, it looks so real!

Now, I have no idea how ENBSeries work, but to tell you the truth, nothing on the screenshots of the ENBSeries GTAIV I saw really impressed me except for those sunny streaks on the cars' metal surfaces. So I thought it would be very cool if I or somebody else could create these streaks/effects from scratch or import them from ENB.

The thing is, I haven't modded anything for GTA ever, so, I have no idea what to do, but if some experienced modeler could give me a few guidelines, it would be very nice and I would do this on my own. smile.gif

Thanks for your time and patience from reading this!

user posted image
user posted image

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:27 AM

When Oleg add a WDD export function in Zmodeler2, it'll be possible to make better reflections.

pilau
  • pilau

Why Player Hater?

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:10 AM Edited by pilau, 09 December 2009 - 10:53 AM.

So at the moment it is not possible? If not, so how can ENB achieve this?

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:43 PM

Create a file in the GTA IV directory, called commandline.txt.
Then, copy and paste this line into the file and save it:

CODE
-reflectionresolution 2048

Then, it looks like this:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

pilau
  • pilau

Why Player Hater?

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

Thanks dude, but this is not what I ment. smile.gif If you pay a closer look at the pictures I uploaded you can see the sunny streaks on the cars. Those sharp reflections of sunlight on the metal look very very real, Just like you would see on real cars on the road on a sunny day. GTA IV lacks this. This is what I'm looking for smile.gif

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

I think he means the specular highlight. I think all you need to make this highlight brighter or more sharp is by tweaking the glossines and specularity values of the materials of the car

pilau
  • pilau

Why Player Hater?

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Jost_Vice. Can you please explain how do you do that?

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

Right as Zmodeler is the only app that can import and export vehicles for now its the only program to do this in. I'm a 3D Max guy so I can't tell you how to do that in zmodeler, but in general it would involve importing the original vehicle model, and changing his material properties (specularity, glossiness...) and exporting. That is a pretty long work if you want all vehicles to look like that.

There is probably another way of doing things, changing the sunlight's intensity or something to cause brighter speculars but i'm not sure if this would work or even how to do that

pilau
  • pilau

Why Player Hater?

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

Thanks. I did once use Zmodeler to create liveries for cars on a different game (FaltOut 2).
I'll check that out. Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users