85 replies to this topic
Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

user posted image
[Source]

Will definitely be on my 'to buy list' in the coming years. No word on a release yet, but it has officially been announced for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

I personally loved the first one, played through it 2 times. Damn good game, really makes you feel like you're there. It's such a cruel, brutal, cold, world in that big ship. Scary indeed. That's a cool new suit btw. ^

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

Hecks yes!

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

Visceral Games announced that Dead Space will get a sequel in 2010. In Dead Space 2, new tools to slice and dismember the Necromorphs will be added to Isaac Clarke’s signature plasma cutter.

Nick Earl, Senior VP and Group General Manager at EA:

“Like so many gamers worldwide, we love the Dead Space franchise and are very excited to announce a new game in the series. Visceral Games is quickly becoming known for delivering high-quality, action-packed games. Dead Space 2 is on target to deliver a jaw-dropping experience gamers won’t soon forget.”

Steve Papoutsis, Executive Producer of Dead Space 2:

“We’re thrilled to jump back into the series, making the next chapter in Isaac’s journey. The infection continues to spread throughout space and our hero Isaac Clarke is the only person able to contain it. There are still loads of Necromorphs that need killing. In Dead Space 2, not everything is exactly as it seems. Expect plot twists that will surprise you and a huge cast of twisted, disgusting monsters that are sure to scare the daylights out of you.”

Originally launched in 2008, Dead Space became one of EA’s top rated games – with close to 100 industry awards and a MetaCritic score of 89. Dead Space 2 is being developed for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

I only played the first game a few months ago and loved it. It scared me so many times and yet you felt compelled to play more and see what the story unravelled. Upon hearing of a sequel it made me think and wonder of all the possible stories they could use for it, one of them being whether Isaac survived the ending of the first so that paragraph pleases me he has. My main wish for this is some online co-op.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

hell yes might have to complete the first one soon, very atmospheric game and they did really well for it being the first game in the series. So im expecting very good things from the second incarnation.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:29 PM Edited by Minic, 09 December 2009 - 04:30 PM.

I need to get the first one back off my friend at college, i'm maybe half-way in on it and loved every second so far, had a few "that's too scary i gotta turn off the console" parts too which made the game even more awesome to me. Looking forward to the 2nd and i kinda like the new look Issac has.

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Yes!

I couldn't be more excited to hear this. I just played through the first one for the second time a few months ago. It was one of those games where I was just like...wow...this f*cking cool. Zero gravity, moving freely around space, the design of the ships and the boss battles. I haven't had that much fun in a boss battle since Metroid. Not to mention there were plenty of instances where I was gripping the controller because I'd be so tense from whatever just scared the sh*t out of me.

Anyway....can't wait for the next one, will certainly be on my list.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:32 PM

Got the first one last Christmas. Brilliant game it was, definately scary.

I'll probably be getting this one too.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:29 PM

I love horror games that make me dread turning every corner and opening every door. The level and sound design of Dead Space was so damned good. The inventory/weapon/upgrade system was really innovative and such a nice surprise, too. I really hope they don't f*ck with the formula on this one. It's as near perfect as you can get for sci-horror.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

I don't really like dead space i prefer left for dead.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Dec 9 2009, 12:31)

What the hell are you talking about? You can't even compare the two. L4D is great, but they are totally different.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Dec 9 2009, 19:31)

Because they're so similar... sarcasm.gif

I can't wait for Dead Space 2, I played and completed the first one a few months ago and me and my mate went through Dead Space Extraction in about a day. Really enjoyed both of them, good plot in there with some genuinely jumpy and scary moments. Love the enemy design as well.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Dec 9 2009, 18:31)

thank you, don't come again!

OT: I rented the first one and thought it was great. i really need to get that game to prepare for the second one.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

I'm just saying that i didnt like dead space. I know you cant compare them i'm just saying. Did anyone know what to do in that fixing the tram or something.

AmyJones
  • AmyJones

ADVIL CHAMPION

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Dec 9 2009, 20:53)
I'm just saying that i didnt like dead space. I know you cant compare them i'm just saying. Did anyone know what to do in that fixing the tram or something.

you have to fire at the retractable arm to slow it down, that might be the part your missing. but yeah looking forward to the second one.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (AmyJones @ Dec 9 2009, 21:15)
QUOTE (TommyMufc-Champs @ Dec 9 2009, 20:53)

you have to fire at the retractable arm to slow it down, that might be the part your missing. but yeah looking forward to the second one.

Yeah it just took me about 15 minutes trying to find what to do but then i figured it out smile.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:58 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 10 December 2009 - 09:00 PM.

new info from a US magazine sounds good

Dead Space 2 will be set three years after the original Dead Space.

The action won't be confined to a single ship like the Ishimura this time. Instead the outbreak of Necromorphs happens on a densely populated space station.

Zero Gravity has changed radically too, Isaac will be able to control the direction of his flight and start drifting through space, but he'll also be able to shoot in mid-air. Win!

A big aim for the design team is to make Dead Space 2 'scarier, but with better pacing', and also to include more epic moments.

Most awesome of all, multiplayer (woot) is teased! You will be able to 'strategically dismember your friends'

http://www.computera...e.php?id=229231

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

Source
New Dead Space 2 Details Emerge, Confirms Online Multiplayer
Prepare to be scared all over again.

December 10, 2009 - EA's Visceral Games studio is making sure fans won't get too comfortable with Dead Space 2.

The newest issue of GameInformer magazine sent out to subscribers drops new details on Isaac Clarke's second space-horror voyage. Here are some of the highlights from the issue.

The biggest difference fans will notice is Dead Space 2's location. Gone are the small, cramped corridors and hallways of the Ishimura mining vessel. Players will now find themselves in Sprawl, a space station built around one of Saturn's moon shards, and will introduce larger, more vast fighting areas.

Series protagonist Isaac Clarke is also getting a personality upgrade. This time around, he'll actually talk rather than just run around grunting and breathing heavily.

"He's a little bit more of a veteran, and he's going to have a voice," executive producer Steve Papoutsis told the magazine. He's going to relate through dialogue and story, and have more of a take-charge attitude this time around."

The team is also set on revamping the pacing from the original. Rather than making players feel vulnerable throughout the entire game, the sequel promises times where players will feel superior, such as acquiring a new weapon. Fans will be given time to catch their breath throughout, which promises to add variety to the sequel's intensity.

The combat remains largely the same. Strategic dismemberment will be back. This time, however, the team will be adding new weapons, such as a javelin gun, that will hopefully deter players from always relying on the plasma cutter found in the original.

The developers confirmed there will be online components to Dead Space 2, but would not elaborate at this time.

"From the start of this project, we've had a team of people working on this. It's a core feature to the game; we're taking it very serious, as we do with anything in the Dead Space franchise, said Papoutsis. "All I can say is that it's really fun, and you'll get to strategically dismember your friends."

The issue should be hitting newstands shortly. Check it out for the full read.

So nice to hear that he actually talks this time around. icon14.gif

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Rather than making players feel vulnerable throughout the entire game, the sequel promises times where players will feel superior, such as acquiring a new weapon. Fans will be given time to catch their breath throughout, which promises to add variety to the sequel's intensity.

And this is where they will fail. The feeling of vulnerability and the sense of urgency were two key reasons the first one had such a great horror atmosphere. The next thing we'll probably hear is that Isaac went and got some spec ops training and a suit of space marine armor in those three years after the events on the Ishimura.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:20 AM Edited by Reconite, 11 December 2009 - 01:24 AM.

QUOTE (Voodoo. @ Dec 10 2009, 23:32)
Rather than making players feel vulnerable throughout the entire game, the sequel promises times where players will feel superior, such as acquiring a new weapon. Fans will be given time to catch their breath throughout, which promises to add variety to the sequel's intensity.

And this is where they will fail. The feeling of vulnerability and the sense of urgency were two key reasons the first one had such a great horror atmosphere. The next thing we'll probably hear is that Isaac went and got some spec ops training and a suit of space marine armor in those three years after the events on the Ishimura.

I agree. This thing happened to Resident Evil aswell.
It was all fine and dandy, RE1 - Whatever, then CVX changed RE gameplay style a bit, then RE4 came along and was almost not scary at all (the regenerators, y'know). Now we got RE5 which is actually the complete rock bottom of scares in the Resident Evil franchise. It seriously is not scary at all, it's all action third person shooter now.

The thing that made the old Resident Evils so scary was the lack of ammo, and now Dead Space is getting fully-cocked army pulse rifle weapons with tons of ammo and sh*t, I dunno. icon13.gif I won't keep my hopes up for this. I like the first Dead Space but the way he makes it sound like players will feel 'superior' just puts me off.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Reconite @ Dec 10 2009, 20:20)
(the regenerators, y'know).

Sorry for off topic but
I remember when I had to face those on RE4 and I never got the thermal scoped gun so I had to randomly shoot them to hit the parasites. That was not fun.

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:43 AM

Haha, I stopped playing Dead Space when I encounter baby mutants, they're really creepy. Then, there's a lot of corpse with maggots around them. Maybe I should play this again or miss all the story.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Dec 11 2009, 02:43)
QUOTE (Reconite @ Dec 10 2009, 20:20)
(the regenerators, y'know).

Sorry for off topic but
I remember when I had to face those on RE4 and I never got the thermal scoped gun so I had to randomly shoot them to hit the parasites. That was not fun.

Haha yeah, I didn't find the Infared Scope until my 2nd play through, it was so f*cking hard to kill them without it. It made it so much more scarier too.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

i think you guys are reading into it to much now exspecially failing a game on the first bits of infomation you have recieved! at the moment its sounding to me like the station will be fully functional leading you into a false sense of security as it soon then begins its decent into chaos. the first game also made me feel supierior at certain points like the shooting of the asteriods witch is really hard on medium and after you kill the anus boss as i like to call him.
As for multiplayer i would have prefered a bit of co-op action instead of perhaps free for all!

Pikkial
  • Pikkial

Don´t get over excited, it´s just a robbery

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

this game is effin scary

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:50 AM

YO Gezim, did you get all the trophies in Dead Space?

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Dec 12 2009, 05:50)
YO Gezim, did you get all the trophies in Dead Space?

I needed like 5 more to platinum.

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Pikkial @ Dec 11 2009, 18:51)
this game is effin scary

It won't be when you're running around with an Infinite Launcher.

...wait a second.

DemonKing
  • DemonKing

There's no love in your violence.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

First one was so good, one of my favourite games of the decade so far. The feeling of desperation throughout was a vital element in the gameplay, sometimes I'd just stand in the elevator literally sh*tting myself because I'd ran out of ammo. Having Issac talk might make it a bit interesting, but please do no overpower this sh*t, otherwise it's just going to be like every other sci-fi shooter pioneered, oh there's some necromorphs that's alright I still have 20000 ammo left.

Sprawl sounds pretty kickass and the new suit looks sweet. Hoping for some more great story in this one as well.

VideoPoker
  • VideoPoker

Boss

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:53 AM Edited by VideoPoker, 13 December 2009 - 07:06 AM.

I just bought two copies of Dead Space yesterday. One for myself and one as a Christmas present for my brother.

This is easily one of the creepiest games I've played on my PS3. I think that's largely due to the audio. All the whispering, clanking and rattling pipes just makes the game spooky as f*ck. I'm a few hours in (just past the centrifuge part) and I'm loving every minute. Upgrades to weapons and your suit is also a lovely surprise that I wasn't at all expecting.

There was this one area where I could hear this dull, metallic thud every few seconds. After 4 or 5 minutes of wandering around I turn a corner and there's this kind-of-alive corpse banging its head off of a pipe. icon14.gif

Considering how cheap the game was I'd definitely recommend it to just about anyone. I can't wait to see where the story goes.

Edit: Voodoo, I definitely agree with the part about being vulnerable. I think that's one of the things that makes it so freaky. There's never a safe area to hide out in. I'm pretty sure you can even be attacked when you're upgrading a weapon at a Work Bench.

After the few hours I've spent with the first game I have faith that the sequel will be just a creepy. I'll definitely be on the lookout for Dead Space 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users