» «
Photo

[REL|GTAIV] Silenced Pistol Sound Mod

24 replies to this topic
NorthStarGTA4
  • NorthStarGTA4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:02 PM Edited by NorthStarGTA4, 09 December 2009 - 07:15 PM.

Hi everyone, I recently started modding sounds for GTA 4. This is a simple mod that replaces the pistol sound with a generic silencer sound.

Happy shooting!

Murcchachosa
  • Murcchachosa

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

Its nice done.
Would be very nice too if the people dont start running away.
They must have super ears.

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (NorthStarGTA4 @ Dec 8 2009, 12:02)
Hi everyone, I recently started modding sounds for GTA 4. This is a simple mod that replaces the pistol sound with a generic silencer sound. Here's a preview video. Happy shooting!

hello dear friend! rescent'm converting all the weapons of our old friend modeler GRIM, only I did not know that gta4 audios could be edited, so do not exported the weapons with silencers, I wonder if you could help us with some sounds for weapons silencers: w_glock, w_uzi, w_mp5, w_m4, w_ak47, w_psg1 ...
these are the weapons with silencers that GRIM modeled, please help us make a complete package with all the weapons and packages for GRIM gta4, so they lack the audios!
thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (r.schuindt @ Dec 8 2009, 14:39)
Hi everyone, I recently started modding sounds for GTA 4. This is a simple mod that replaces the pistol sound with a generic silencer sound. Here's a preview video. Happy shooting!

hello dear friend! rescent'm converting all the weapons of our old friend modeler GRIM, only I did not know that gta4 audios could be edited, so do not exported the weapons with silencers, I wonder if you could help us with some sounds for weapons silencers: w_glock, w_uzi, w_mp5, w_m4, w_ak47, w_psg1 ...
these are the weapons with silencers that GRIM modeled, please help us make a complete package with all the weapons and packages for GRIM gta4, so they lack the audios!
thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

No offense to the author, but this silencer sound for IV is perfect, use it:

Still good work, though. Will you make other sounds?

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

EduardKoeleJuck, dont tell people what to do. if he wants to continue his mod let him.

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:24 PM Edited by r.schuindt, 08 December 2009 - 06:01 PM.

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Dec 8 2009, 15:09)

thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

oh my god!
I really did not know that the Quechus13 had already done this mod for audio!

confused.gif

edited:
ok, Quechus13 not have change for audio ...
from what I understand, he just edited the audio of this video!
mercie_blink.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:23 PM Edited by EduardKoeleJuck, 08 December 2009 - 06:48 PM.

QUOTE (r.schuindt @ Dec 8 2009, 17:24)

thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

oh my god!

confused.gif

edited:
mercie_blink.gif

No, k6productions made it.

@MinnieMan121249: It was an advice, for both the author and r.schuindt. I mean, it's a cool mod, but silenced guns don't sound like Star Wars laser weapons, like in SA. That's just reality. And I (and I think a lot of people here) am just aiming to get the most realistic GTA IV on my PC. A realistic silenced gun sound, like k6production's one, would help very well.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Dec 8 2009, 18:23)

thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

oh my god!

confused.gif

edited:
mercie_blink.gif

@MinnieMan121249: It was an advice, for both the author and r.schuindt. I mean, it's a cool mod, but silenced guns don't sound like Star Wars laser weapons, like in SA. That's just reality. And I (and I think a lot of people here) am just aiming to get the most realistic GTA IV on my PC. A realistic silenced gun sound, like
k6production's one, is helping really well.

The thing is that ITS NOT A MOD

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:50 PM Edited by EduardKoeleJuck, 08 December 2009 - 07:31 PM.

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Dec 8 2009, 18:25)

thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

oh my god!

confused.gif

edited:
mercie_blink.gif

@MinnieMan121249: It was an advice, for both the author and r.schuindt. I mean, it's a cool mod, but silenced guns don't sound like Star Wars laser weapons, like in SA. That's just reality. And I (and I think a lot of people here) am just aiming to get the most realistic GTA IV on my PC. A realistic silenced gun sound, like

What would you call it then?

Okay, maybe he edited the video, but that means he could put the sounds in the game, right?

Astrixone
  • Astrixone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Dec 8 2009, 18:50)

thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

oh my god!

confused.gif

edited:
mercie_blink.gif

[color=red]What would you call it then?

Okay, maybe he edited the video, but that means he could put the sounds in the game, right?

No? O_O

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Astrixone @ Dec 8 2009, 19:09)

thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

oh my god!

confused.gif

edited:
mercie_blink.gif

[color=red]What would you call it then?

No? O_O

Yes? If NorthStarGTA4 can do it, why couldn't he do it? The only possible reason would be lack of skills, but I doubt that's the case here, and it would be, someone else could put the sounds ingame.

BUT IT IS POSSIBLE.

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

calm people!
huahuahuahuahauhauahuahauahua...
relax...
tounge.gif

n11lc2
  • n11lc2

Lurker Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Dec 8 2009, 19:32)

thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

oh my god!

confused.gif

edited:
mercie_blink.gif

No? O_O

[color=red]Yes? If NorthStarGTA4 can do it, why couldn't he do it? The only possible reason would be lack of skills, but I doubt that's the case here, and it would be, someone else could put the sounds ingame.

BUT IT IS POSSIBLE.

quote spam lol

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:23 PM

DAMN, that's one f*cking quote-train, holy f*ck suicidal.gif

Great mod btw. icon14.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

But which files does it replace? I mean, what are the names/locations of the weapon sounds in GTA IV?

NorthStarGTA4
  • NorthStarGTA4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

First, thanks for all the great comments smile.gif I hope to start working on more sound mods as time permits. The possibilities are so endless I don't where I want to begin mercie_blink.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif I was thinking I might mod all the weapon sounds next, perhaps with sounds from CS:S? If that interests anyone.

As for realism. I knew no matter what sound I chose it wouldn't please everyone. That's why I went with a generic 'hollywood' style sound. If you have more realistic sounds I'd be happy to mod those too. ( I'm gonna send an email to you, r.schuindt )

In regards to the mods authenticity, the audio in the clip is captured directly from the game, and has not been altered in any way. So no worries, it is real. I've submitted it to gtagarage and another site, but I'm just waiting for approval. The readme has all the details, but it's basically just a simple file import in SparkIV and you're good to go.

Again, thanks everyone smile.gif All constructive feedback and ideas are always welcomed.

Murcchachosa
  • Murcchachosa

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (n11lc2 @ Dec 8 2009, 21:11)
QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Dec 8 2009, 19:32)

thank you, thank you!
good work ...

cool.gif

oh my god!

confused.gif

edited:
mercie_blink.gif

No? O_O

[color=red]Yes? If NorthStarGTA4 can do it, why couldn't he do it? The only possible reason would be lack of skills, but I doubt that's the case here, and it would be, someone else could put the sounds ingame.

BUT IT IS POSSIBLE.

quote spam lol

A silenced pistol could be very handy, especially when on missions
where you have to kill bad guys silenced.
But the "run_away_peds" code let the mission not so nice.
Is it not in TBoGT?
However, this mod is fun to mess around in IV
And nice sounds too icon14.gif cookie.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:29 PM

I could provide you with some good sounds. Though they are from custom 'CS:S' weapon mods so they aren't my work.

The stock CS:S sounds are bad so you shouldn't use them for sure!

Good job... so this also means the sounds for the bat can be changed into some proper katana sounds maybe? :]

Yangster
  • Yangster

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

NorthStarGTA4, this looks very promising. I'd also be interested in a more realistic silencer sound. Perhaps if you could include both versions?

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

alien.gif houhouhou ...
very cool! rampage_ani.gif

icon14.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Yangster @ Dec 8 2009, 16:46)
NorthStarGTA4, this looks very promising. I'd also be interested in a more realistic silencer sound. Perhaps if you could include both versions?

+1!

Also if anyone can figure out how to make a script that will make only very nearby peds hear the silenced gunshots, that would simply be perfect.

TriXigT
  • TriXigT

3DFANATIC

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:29 PM

In the weapon.dat or waponstats.dat (or whatever the name is) you can add the tag (SILENCED) - Just check the grenade settings, the tag should be there if i remember it right!

Yah, for the very few who may wonder - I will be back in the moddingscene when my holiday starts, the 20'th of december! Time isn't on my side right now tounge.gif

By the way, how did you manage to alter sound files?

NikoBellicHatesBowling
  • NikoBellicHatesBowling

I donīt want to go bowling kthxbai

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (TriXigT @ Dec 10 2009, 19:29)
By the way, how did you manage to alter sound files?

Not you

but him:
Its complicated and its on jap but i guess since you are sound like a serious modder you would understand

NorthStarGTA4
  • NorthStarGTA4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:08 AM

That's a great idea with changing the ped reactions. Thanks for the tip too, TriXigT icon14.gif I'm going to try that out, and if it works i'll add it to the mod.

I've had some requests for how the sounds are done, and it sucks cause there's really no simple way to explain the process.

In a nutshell you open the ivaud file with a hexediter, delete the original wav data, and then replace it with your new wav data.

The YT tut by 5050gs is what got me pointed in the right direction. There's also another tutorial now by arbitrarymobster:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=434741

Although I take a slighty different approach, we're ultimately using the same method.

Josheh
  • Josheh

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

So everyone just stopped posting here or something? wtf? 09 was the last comment? Updates? :S

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users