Photo

Not f-in' Vice City

90 replies to this topic
ViceCity09
  • ViceCity09

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

Why do people always include Anywhere City and top-down games? I mean come on!

Reconite
  • Reconite

PC Gaming Master Race

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (ViceCity09 @ Dec 10 2009, 13:03)
Why do people always include Anywhere City and top-down games? I mean come on!

Because they're GTA games too.

And you can't be a true GTA fan without appreciating the classics, man.

Total graphics-whoring up this thread, ain't you?

ViceCity09
  • ViceCity09

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

No I know but to include Anywhere City when we are looking for the location of GTA V???

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (ViceCity09 @ Dec 10 2009, 16:49)
No I know but to include Anywhere City when we are looking for the location of GTA V???

We are not viewing it as a potential location. It just shows R* will do original cities if they feel there is a need.

Krkr
  • Krkr

100% Kosher Beef!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:40 PM Edited by Krkr, 11 December 2009 - 04:48 PM.

I think you are getting the wrong point.

First of all, GTA is a game. It doesn't contribute to RL crimes and happenings at particular dates. Second, Liberty City in the Grand Theft Auto-series has been remade 5 times. Vice city has only been made twice. The first one was not even that big and didn't make that much money. Why shouldn't R* give Vice City a shot with good graphics & sh*t to be remade? turn.gif

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:19 PM

Vice City made a lot of money, and was one of the most important games of the last generation, KrKr, but yea, other than that, I'm on the same page as you there.

Krkr
  • Krkr

100% Kosher Beef!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Dec 11 2009, 17:19)
Vice City made a lot of money, and was one of the most important games of the last generation, KrKr, but yea, other than that, I'm on the same page as you there.

Well, if you compare Vice City Stories with San Andreas & IV's sales, it's a big difference. That was my point..

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:26 AM

Remember how we've all mentioned the show CSI Miami as the perfect dude to chase you at 4 stars to replace the old vice city's Miami Vice of the 80s?

Yea, well, go listen to the ringtones in GTA IV - I don't know the web address, but brucie emails you about it. The bottom, right-most tone in the 'MP3' tab of the 'site' is the beginning of, or part of, that show's theme song. Nowhere else does it exist in GTA IV that I am aware of, and that is an implicitly Miami thing to include in a GTA game monocle.gif

"Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Should I get video?

Interrobangin
  • Interrobangin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:36 AM

Isnít that the science of crime theme, which can be heard on the radio?

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

Nice, it sure is. And what is it a parody of? CSI Miami (because that's the one with that song).

We must be watching science of crime when we go to vice city, on the in game TV smile.gif

Interrobangin
  • Interrobangin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

Yeah, itís a parody of CSI: Miami. It rattles off a lot of locations.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

I'd rather have it in VC than London. I probably wouldn't even buy it if it was in London.

I'd still rather have it as playing as a hood gangster again like in SA, but have it be set in either St. Louis or Detroit, the two true cities in the US that are prodominently all ghetto.

Interrobangin
  • Interrobangin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

Detroit isnít all ghetto; itís Burbank, California (there is a reference here, see if you can get it)

TheBruceter
  • TheBruceter

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Mzeppelin @ Dec 14 2009, 03:58)
I'd rather have it in VC than London. I probably wouldn't even buy it if it was in London.

I'd still rather have it as playing as a hood gangster again like in SA, but have it be set in either St. Louis or Detroit, the two true cities in the US that are prodominently all ghetto.

Why? lol

I'd buy any GTA game (like i always have done) It shouldn't matter where its set, if your a hardcore GTA'r..

This is the first time I'v been nosing about on the net before the announcment of where its set. The rest of the times i didn't care.. lol and i still don't.. Would prefer VC though wink.gif but London would make a dam good game

As for 'ghettos' been there, done that. No thanks. SA has been the first and only GTA i'v played for less than 6 months confused.gif I'm not racist, but i can't be arsed with that bullsh*ttery again.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:37 AM

that list was confusing they listed each city strangely it said that Portland Oregon was number one in violent crime! and Detroit was number 40 i think that should be the other way around

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:51 AM

crime rates and statistics and numbers don't have anything to do with GTA. Just because one city may have more cases of stabbings and muggings doesn't mean it would be a good place to play GTA in. R* looks for iconic cities with pop-culture to parody but also with a distinct setup of organized crime that they can build a plot out of

I haet Mudkipz
  • I haet Mudkipz

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Dec 18 2009, 02:51)
crime rates and statistics and numbers don't have anything to do with GTA. Just because one city may have more cases of stabbings and muggings doesn't mean it would be a good place to play GTA in. R* looks for iconic cities with pop-culture to parody but also with a distinct setup of organized crime that they can build a plot out of

Well, I did think it should take place in crime-ridden areas(to keep realism and all) before but your point makes a ton of sense and changed my mind about the whole thing. I mean, how often do you see M4 gunbattles and RPG launchings in real life NYC? Never, yet R* did just that and made it work and, most importantly, made it believable.

leeg1931
  • leeg1931

That's what she said.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (ViceCityFTW @ Dec 6 2009, 20:04)
Hehehe that is funny but you should look at the list of 40 safest cities in US...NY is top ten smile.gif

San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas (San Andreas) are in the top 40 as well

Johnny-Tightlips
  • Johnny-Tightlips

Kick ass

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

Say seth? didnt you make a topic called, Grand Theft Auto : Summer of vice...

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Johnny-Tightlips @ Dec 18 2009, 22:01)
Say seth? didnt you make a topic called, Grand Theft Auto : Summer of vice...

As he said, that was for fun. Not necessarily what he wants.

numnuts16
  • numnuts16

numnuts16

• Members

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

i agree with u big time sethpenguin i loved vice city and vcs was alrite 2 but they should deff not make another gta vc, london would be cool i loved gta london and a 3d model would be cool............ personaly i would prefer somthing like gta sa, not a remake but something with a big map with desert, city and woodland, gta 4 is great but after both TLAD and TBOGT, being in the same city for so long is getting very boring even with bace jumping and new cars i think its time R* moved on leave the past behind and find somthing new, london would be great but i think people kinda get board of being in a city all the time, altho london would be a prity big city and vice city would be nice(altho it has been done.......twice if u count vcs) i think they both lack the skills that R* can realy do, maby a new map, new terrane, a new GTA.............. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif sigh.gif tounge2.gif icon14.gif

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

actually on that list Miami has the fifth highest crime rate what could throw people off is when they see 35 under the violent crime column but that was a list of the safest cities and it was out of 40 so the 35th safest city would be the fifth most dangerous i know because Detroit was 40th and Portland Oregon was 1st and the one that concluded it for me was that minneapolis was 9th ive lived there my whole life and when i saw that i said "that has to be safest"

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (numnuts16 @ Dec 19 2009, 17:17)
i agree with u big time sethpenguin i loved vice city and vcs was alrite 2 but they should deff not make another gta vc,

That's the thing that people don't get. Doing the same damn cities over and over again is gonna get repetitive.

mgarc1125
  • mgarc1125

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

I agree with this topic. I want something new. Vice city has been done and done well. For those saying that Vice City doesn't resemble Miami very well, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. There are so many real life landmarks and neighborhoods in VC that very closely resemble Miami.

A nice refresher from the past for you, http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=256227

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

And why the hell was this bumped?

mgarc1125
  • mgarc1125

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

I saw it linked to on the "not f'in London". Didn't even realize it was old until just now, lol

Silvermaan
  • Silvermaan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

The List is also rated in things like natural disaster risk and so on. Crime is just a small point in it.

joe-jack
  • joe-jack

The creepy guy over there...

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:06 PM Edited by joe-jack, 14 July 2010 - 06:08 PM.

I like GTA: Vice city allot, but, I would not like another new gta to be there or in London or in Liberty City because thoso cities are boring. In San Andreas you could explore the dessert the wilderness the farmland and my absolute favorite Mt. Chilliad. San Andreas was also not completely flat like Vice City. Vice city is also way too small. So if I want Vice city i will play Vice city but i would really love to have a new GTA in San Andreas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Edit*

I didnt even notice the topic was so old blush.gif oh well I still made a point i wanted to make.

mrcappo
  • mrcappo

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

If not Miami make it Las Vegas..
And f*ck foreign countries you know how f*ckin cheezy it wud look.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

I dont mind If VC is not NeXt, yes Vice City is great but there are other city's that are better IMO. Maybe a new location.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users