• Members

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:12 PM

@Zerofreeze: That's not true, I modded STREAMED_VEHICLES.rpf

@Astrixone: One block before the last.

Astrixone
  • Astrixone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:59 PM Edited by Astrixone, 19 December 2009 - 06:04 PM.

QUOTE (arbitrarymobster @ Dec 19 2009, 14:12)

XD now i understand...

Still it doesnt work even with this new information.

Heier da slayer
  • Heier da slayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:13 PM Edited by Heier da slayer, 20 December 2009 - 02:50 AM.

I get stuck at #12... please help, maybe some pictures or something would be helpful

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:04 AM

@Astrixone: You'll have to post a video on youtube for me to be able to help you.

@Heier da slayer: Since you are the first person to have trouble with step 12 you'll have to tell me what part you are stuck on; or better yet, finish the following story:

"I start step 12 by clicking search -> find. In the window that pops up I........................"

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (arbitrarymobster @ Dec 19 2009, 14:12)

Yeah i forgot streamed_vehicles but why is that why can we only mod 2 rpf files not others such as loading.rpf

Heier da slayer
  • Heier da slayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (arbitrarymobster @ Dec 20 2009, 04:04)
@Astrixone: You'll have to post a video on youtube for me to be able to help you.

@Heier da slayer: Since you are the first person to have trouble with step 12 you'll have to tell me what part you are stuck on; or better yet, finish the following story:

"I start step 12 by clicking search -> find. In the window that pops up I........................"

hi again biggrin.gif i got it to work! but there seems to be some kind of bug.. when im trying to import the 6th sound file that should go into an engine sound file, (your DUKES mod file) it dont find your REV_UP original dukes file?!

just says "cannot find string" when first trying to search for the first 5 bytes of the file.. isnt that a little strange? any suggestions what to do maybe really appreciate help smile.gif

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

@Zerofreeze: I've never tried other .rpf's so I don't know that they can't be modded.

@Heier da slayer: It's not really ethical to mod other people's work without their permission. Why mod my work and not the original sounds, unless you intend to steal my work? You may find it easier to mod the original sounds anyway.

Heier da slayer
  • Heier da slayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (arbitrarymobster @ Dec 20 2009, 15:58)
@Zerofreeze: I've never tried other .rpf's so I don't know that they can't be modded.

@Heier da slayer: It's not really ethical to mod other people's work without their permission. Why mod my work and not the original sounds, unless you intend to steal my work? You may find it easier to mod the original sounds anyway.

oh arbitrarymobster, sorry for not making this clear. i dont "mod" your files/sounds, its just that i thought your .ivaud was the original file from beginning, so it was after them i rezized all my own sound clips into the same size as your sound files. i mean, it could have taken and overwrite the original .ivaud, because its the same size. so i dont really stole your file.. but i will give you cred for teaching biggrin.gif

and to my old problem, i solved it. seems like one sound file was damaged and had to re-export it so it all worked in the end. im now finnished with my engine sound, i can also give you link here so you can see for yourself smile.gif
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s9hmvl

its the Ferrari F355 engine sound. i might upload vid on youtube later today, or tomorrow.
so THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help! biggrin.gif

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

@Heier da slayer: Awesome, I can't wait for the vid. I will keep checking here for a link to it.

Heier da slayer
  • Heier da slayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:00 PM Edited by Heier da slayer, 20 December 2009 - 11:58 PM.

QUOTE (arbitrarymobster @ Dec 20 2009, 17:12)
@Heier da slayer: Awesome, I can't wait for the vid. I will keep checking here for a link to it.

sweet smile.gif well, i just uploaded this but im not rly finnished yet. well, when will you make your next sound mod arbitrarymobster?

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:12 AM

@Heier da slayer: Great job. That is a nice clean loop. I can't wait to hear it when it's finished.

I have stopped releasing sounds, at least for now, mostly because a lot of the feedback I received was disappointment due to the fact that my sounds weren't of specific real life cars. To me, jumping into a Dukes and hearing a 440 engine sound from a 1969 Dodge Charger would be quite thrilling, until jumping into a vigero and hearing that same sound, and then a sabre GT with the same sound, etc. I think that because of the way R* set up car sounds it makes the most sense to follow their method. The ivauds are named "musclecar" and "4cyl sport," not "charger" and "crx," therefore I made a generic muscle car sound and a generic 4 cylinder sports car sound. This makes a lot of sense to me but apparently not to many people out there so why bother, right? I decided, instead, to spend my time helping people create their own sounds.

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:36 AM

this tutorial is really good, but how I can change radio stations? I have files of BEAT 102.7 and I have wav file with HEAD Radio from III. So how change BEAT to HEAD?

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

@The FireStarteR: Are you saying that there are several wav files for BEAT and one large wav for HEAD? Please try to be more clear and specific. If this is the case, then you would have to play the wav in media player while recording seperate segments (making sure that they are the length of the ones in BEAT) in Audacity following the instructions in the tut. Remember (from the first few lines of the tut) I have no experience with modding sounds like these, so you'll have to be descriptive in your posts if you want help.

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

ok, i'll try to be more specific. it's all my goddamn english (still learning it)..
i have BEAT.ivaud file extracted from radio_beat_95.rpf. In this .ivaud file two wav files - BEAT_LEFT.wav and BEAT_RIGHT.wav (BTW, they are absolutely similar, maybe this was done for stereo mode). these two files are the radio station. it don't have separate parts and other sh*t - full radio station in one file (BEAT_LEFT/RIGHT) which has a copy (again BEAT_LEFT/RIGHT).
my custom sound is HEAD.wav copied straight from III's audio folder (and it's original Head Radio sound file from III).
so what can I do with it? can I change Beat 102.7 to Head Radio?

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:08 PM

@The FireStarteR: I can't say for sure whether or not it will work because, again, I have no experience with that rpf. If you want to try, just follow the tutorial. My guess is that everything in it will apply.

Regarding the "left - right" situation, are all three wav files mono, stereo, or what? I suspect that the two BEAT ones are mono and the HEAD one is likely stereo. If this is the case I would suggest highlighting the left track of the HEAD recording in Audacity, and "export selection as" HEAD_LEFT and then do the the same for the right track.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

Im trying to port the radio from the dlc's to the pc, and nothing is working

Heier da slayer
  • Heier da slayer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (arbitrarymobster @ Dec 21 2009, 03:12)
@Heier da slayer: Great job. That is a nice clean loop. I can't wait to hear it when it's finished.

I have stopped releasing sounds, at least for now, mostly because a lot of the feedback I received was disappointment due to the fact that my sounds weren't of specific real life cars. To me, jumping into a Dukes and hearing a 440 engine sound from a 1969 Dodge Charger would be quite thrilling, until jumping into a vigero and hearing that same sound, and then a sabre GT with the same sound, etc. I think that because of the way R* set up car sounds it makes the most sense to follow their method. The ivauds are named "musclecar" and "4cyl sport," not "charger" and "crx," therefore I made a generic muscle car sound and a generic 4 cylinder sports car sound. This makes a lot of sense to me but apparently not to many people out there so why bother, right? I decided, instead, to spend my time helping people create their own sounds.

ok thx smile.gif might finnish this in a week or something.. got some more sounds coming to.

anyway, i found out that the original GTA sounds dont have the acual "High rev" sound as in real life, they just simply put an equalization or similar over the high RPM's to make it sound like the engine is revving high and keeps the LOW rev sound in background to make it smooth.. i didnt do this at my files at all.

yeah man, 426 or 440 hemi is a must have, but i cant find any good quality sounds for it.
but you can still edit the vehicles.ide and change Videro and all other cars so that only the Dukes got the charger sound? smile.gif cuz ther's MUSCLECAR 1,2 and 3 if i remember right? but yea i get your point!

good choice to help others smile.gif it kind of pisses me off to that they think they can do it so much better themselves.. dont really think so. the way R* made the car sounds, it's not even possible to make it sound like a real car if you know what i mean.

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

There must be a file that assigns carnames in the vehicles.ide to car sounds. If we can assign sounds ourselves, we could add sounds, instead of replacing and having multiple cars with the same sound.

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

looks like we don't need this this tutorial (no offence to author, he done a great job).
Vivalek created program for changing ivaud files. you can download it here.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (The FireStarteR @ Dec 27 2009, 15:22)
looks like we don't need this this tutorial (no offence to author, he done a great job).
Vivalek created program for changing ivaud files. you can download it here.

http://files.uploadf...GTAivaud1.1.zip Straight link

SID44SID
  • SID44SID

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Where I can get information about car's sounds groups?
I'd like to know which .ivaud is for intruder, for example.

AlphaWolF_uk
  • AlphaWolF_uk

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

I was modding the hell out of this game until i hit a wall with sound modding when i decided after replacing all the cops with H2 combine models i wanted to also change the cop NPC chatter and stuff they say with the combie voices i have ,Also the police radio .
did you or do you know if its possible yet as the ivaud tool limitations forced me to abandon GTAIV Modding.

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by jackusCTB, 26 January 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Is this process still needed with OpenIV 1.3.5? Thanks.

RoyalPredator
  • RoyalPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

I have tried this but the sound won't load ingame. Even if it actualy doesn't crashes.
I have some nice records to make a proper Aventador engine sound which hopefully won't sound like your neightbour's lawnmower, but I need some help converting them.
Anyone up for it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users