Posted A week ago

I'd just get the 1080 Ti

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

so should i buy 1080 ti black edition or wait for next gen card?

personally i would have the same dilema if i were you, even with the extra money to "burn". it all comes down to how deep are your pockets :p

Inttelix
  • Inttelix

is a

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted A week ago

1080ti prices here are so high you can buy a mid-level motorcycle. Bitcoin mining is now a fever here, helps gfx cards get more expensive.

Lucky to have a HP Probook with a i3 2.4ghz and 4gb of ram. I have no idea what onboard gfx it has but I can play san andreas that is enough for me.

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago Edited by Dealux, A week ago.

https://www.forbes.c...d/#44a0f6de3578

Old news but it sounds intriguing. I would love to see more competition and honestly I'm more willing to switch to Intel than AMD if their stuff ends up being better than NVIDIA's.

yojc
  • yojc

2A03

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago

Maybe this time something will actually come out of this. Anyone remembers Larabee?

Straypuft
  • Straypuft

Pilot For Hire

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

Is buying a new MSI laptop an wise thing? I have a chance to buy one at the end of this month but some reviews mention horrible battery life months after first use, But the model I am looking at doesnt seem to have a replaceable battery.

Am I being paranoid or could it be those reviewers never let it fully charge their first time using it?

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 6 days ago

Maybe this time something will actually come out of this. Anyone remembers Larabee?

Sadly it's not working.

Blaze
  • Blaze

conspiracy clunge is useless clunge

• Super Sleuth Deadass
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 5 days ago

typical linus half assing it, wouldn't be surprised if it's a two parter.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• Sheriff
  • United-States
  • Best Poster in Technology / Programming 2017
    Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 3 days ago

typical linus half assing it, wouldn't be surprised if it's a two parter.

How do you not half-ass review of a dedicated piece of hardware with no drivers? The video is basically a plea for anyone who has the required software to send it in, and without making a video, it'd be impossible to ask for that help. Yes, if somebody responds, it'll be a two-parter. Otherwise, that's all there is.
  • Andreaz1 likes this

Blaze
  • Blaze

conspiracy clunge is useless clunge

• Super Sleuth Deadass
  • United-Kingdom
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 days ago

The first thing I'd do would be dig out a 775/1366 rig,from around the time Larrabee was developed. Could be anything from PCIE compatibility, UEFI vs Legacy bios, maybe even the cards DVI output not being able to support 4k/newer displays. Also being that Larrabee was meant to be a coprocessor and not strictly a dedicated video output he could've tried with iGPU/a dedicated card in slot one and Larrabee in a different slot. Instead we get 11 minutes of talking and 3 minutes of nothing. Linus mentions about compatibility with newer machines, PCIE, motherboards etc but doesn't particularly do anything about it. Then again there also could be a reason the card was destined for the e-waste pile.

At least he didn't drop it.

TheDudeAbides
  • TheDudeAbides

Everyone's Favorite Hippie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by TheDudeAbides, 3 days ago.

I have a buddy at work who said he could build me a top of the line gaming pc for around 1000$, would it be worth it over buying consoles everytime they come out?
PS: he's also a our IT technician, so he knows what he's doing.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 3 days ago

I have a buddy at work who said he could build me a top of the line gaming pc for around 1000$, would it be worth it over buying consoles everytime they come out?
PS: he's also a our IT technician, so he knows what he's doing.

If you want a top of the line gaming PC, you need $1000 for the graphics card alone so even if he works in IT I think he's talking trash on this one. There's no way for us to know if getting a PC over consoles is worth it for you. Personally I would always say yes considering how much you can do on a PC that you can't on consoles and paying for online multiplayer is BS. Consoles are cheaper but what you gain is pretty much simplicity and nothing else.

TheDudeAbides
  • TheDudeAbides

Everyone's Favorite Hippie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by TheDudeAbides, 3 days ago.

I have a buddy at work who said he could build me a top of the line gaming pc for around 1000$, would it be worth it over buying consoles everytime they come out?PS: he's also a our IT technician, so he knows what he's doing.

If you want a top of the line gaming PC, you need $1000 for the graphics card alone so even if he works in IT I think he's talking trash on this one. There's no way for us to know if getting a PC over consoles is worth it for you. Personally I would always say yes considering how much you can do on a PC that you can't on consoles and paying for online multiplayer is BS. Consoles are cheaper but what you gain is pretty much simplicity and nothing else.
maybe for a 4k card, but a "good" graphics card is about 300-400 dollar's
He has a business in building pc's, so he wouldn't rip me off. Plus I know that people have stated that you can build a pc that can run almost anything for under 1000.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Ännu en dag, ännu ett slag, i betongens krävande skugga

• Sheriff
  • European-Union
  • Best Poster in Debates 2017
    Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 2 days ago

I think the issue is the use of the phrase "top of the line". A decent gaming system (minus monitor and peripherals) can be had for $1k, but a "top of the line" system is about four times that.
  • Andreaz1 and Audi like this

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 days ago

Exactly what sivis said Top Of The Line can be subjective and also in the mind of the beholder and doesn't always mean the same to everybody BUT it usually tends to mean there is nothing else out there on the market that you can buy right now that can one up it.

While you're not gonna get a mind blowing 4k system for $1,000 but you are going to get a system that will play just about every game on ultra settings with the highest FPS with no lagging or lacency which we all know is important.m

I myself am in the process of building my own rig and my list of parts comes to around $980 but that doesn't included a Monitor (Because I don't need one) or "Gaming Keyboard" (Again Because I Don't Need One)

• TheDudeAbides likes this

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 days ago

Anybody know what the differences are in these? (Graphic settings in my FSX game) and which one is best? 

The default was Trilinear

bc44a228bdc69a21edf1ccbd2e6cd726.png

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Ännu en dag, ännu ett slag, i betongens krävande skugga

• Sheriff
  • European-Union
  • Best Poster in Debates 2017
    Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 2 days ago