Photo

Tech General Chat

3,017 replies to this topic
Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Anyone here have recommendations for one of those "MMO" mice. I'm looking for that only has about 5-6 side buttons, not the 12 or so that seems to be common.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 days ago Edited by EmSixTeen, 2 days ago.

there is no point really, if you find it more usefull to use a mac you got your reasons, it wont make you or him more or less right, it just personal preferences. i personally owned an iphone and a mini ipad in the past and even if they seemed sturdy and good looking the software for me was very limited.

The points are true but this is more proof that noone reads - I'm a designer, but use a Windows machine at work.

@Noale, why specifically something with 5/6 buttons?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 days ago Edited by ΣΓ, 2 days ago.

I have an MMO mouse with 12 numerical buttons. It's a Redragon: http://redragonusa.c...tion/index.html

I chose this one because it had the biggest resolution (16400 DPI) and it is preset and software adjustable. For such a cheap mouse it's quite good (though the color on top of the mouse can wear off a bit over time) and I recently realized that it is RGB lol (not that most people care about that).

Numerical buttons also work in shooter games as weapon select buttons.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 days ago

Anyone here have recommendations for one of those "MMO" mice. I'm looking for that only has about 5-6 side buttons, not the 12 or so that seems to be common.

Rog Spatha has 6 side buttons

P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 days ago

Razer naga hex?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted A day ago Edited by ΣΓ, A day ago.

Most things Razer does look kinda sh*tty.

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

Considering that something like this vvvvv was posted here, that is a rather funny statement lol. 

P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted A day ago

That ASUS does look rather hideous, but their ROG line has always had that Transformers look to please the little boys.  :lol:

I'm looking for one that places the side buttons in a more traditional manner. Sort of like the usual forward/backward placement. Except another pair placed right below it. That way, I'm familiar with it. Something like this

46145_077_tesoro-releases-mmo-thyrsus-op

Bigger buttons would be better, even if they only fit four.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 hours ago

well at least its not a plastic crap like most mouses out there

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 hours ago

It is ROG, though, which normally means massively inflated prices for pretty much exactly the same components as other, lower-priced alternatives from ASUS' own range.

ROG has just become a gimmick now. The Spartha is twice the price of a Corsair Scimitar or Steelseries Rival for...what exactly?
  • Noale likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 hours ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 21 hours ago.

how exactly is the corsair scimitar made of plastic exactly the same as a mouse made of magnesium alloy? ofc the price is inflated, until other mouses start having the same build quality they can infalte the prices all they want

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 21 hours ago

The Scimitar had an aluminium frame. Much like the magnesium frame used in the ROG, but microscopically heavier and hugely less wanky. Both of them bolt plastic components to that frame.

ROG build quality simply isn't that good. Not measurably better than other manufacturers competing in similar markets, often at lower price points. Which probably goes some way to explaining why they're not actually that popular.

I would go as far as to say that, from a component rather than peripheral perspective, ROG build quality is actually lower than some of the other ranges produced by ASUS themselves, such as Sabertooth.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 17 hours ago

well at least its not a plastic crap like most mouses out there

Isn't the majority of the ROG mouse plastic that just has a magnesium bottom plate though?

And as for the mouse, I've bought one. Went with a Logitech G602. Had the most familiar looking side button layout. It's wireless, but I've got a Zowie FK2 for when I need wired.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 16 hours ago

What's the input lag on wireless mice? Xbox gamepad has a 10-20 ms delay via wireless.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 10 hours ago

No clue. I'm not hardcore enough to notice.  :lol:

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 2 hours ago

The G403 has lower latency than many wired mice.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 hours ago

No clue. I'm not hardcore enough to notice.  :lol:

I don't notice it much either. In fact I estimate that I can't detect anything below 20 ms or so. I know this because playing games without v-sync shaves off about 20-30 ms of delay and it is noticeable.

The mouse I have has a 1000 Hz polling rate which translates to 1 ms but that's probably on top of more processing that takes a bit longer than that.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 12 minutes ago

If you were to get in to Quake or fighting games you'd honestly start noticing it. 1 frame links become a pain.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users