Marydancin Song (Lips 106)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
DT-boy
  • DT-boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

Hey guys, I've noticed that there's a song ("Wash Him Off" by Marydancin), which can be heard on an announcement on Lips 106, but not featured as a "song" on the station. I have PC version of the game, so can somebody check if the full song appears in the original PS2 version? Thanks a lot!

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

I have checked the PS2 version via the MFAudio program (allows you to listen to the PS2 soundtracks on PC), and I have listened to the PC version via Windows Media Players 10 and 11, and both versions of the games have the exact same soundtrack, which makes sense, since why would Rockstar want to pay licensing fees twice for the same game-just on a different platform. Hope this helps.

VC and SA for PS2 are the same as well-I have checked both of those as well. Same goes for LCS and VCS(I have only verified the PS2 version on LCS/VCS). I'm not sure what format they used for the PSP versions.?

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:17 AM

hmm, not completely true about VC and SA
in GTAVC (PS2), Flash FM's "Running with the night - Lionel Richie" does not appear in both PC and Xbox versions
and GTASA, K-DST's "Woman to woman - Joe Cocker" can't be heard in the PC Version, only in the PS2 (not sure about Xbox), in the PC there's "White Room - Yardbird" instead

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:59 AM

GTAVC (PS2), Flash FM's "Running with the night - Lionel Richie"

What version is that? because on the PS2 Greatest Hits and Trilogy Packs, that song is not on the soundtrack.

But I didn't know SA for PC was lacking a song-good job on that find. I can't confirm it, because the only Audio Extractor I have for SA is the one that only works with the PS2 version.

DT-boy
  • DT-boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (SanAndreasManiac @ Nov 30 2009, 07:17)
in GTAVC (PS2), Flash FM's "Running with the night - Lionel Richie" does not appear in both PC and Xbox versions
and GTASA, K-DST's "Woman to woman - Joe Cocker" can't be heard in the PC Version, only in the PS2 (not sure about Xbox), in the PC there's "White Room - Yardbird" instead

The Joe Cocker song appears on my PC version of SA, which is American because it has got only American and Spanish language. The White Room song is not in my PC version. I'm 100000000000000000000000000% sure about that.

About VC, the Lionel Richie song is ONLY ON THE ORIGINAL PS2 version, and it's removed from all other versions, although it's featured on the Flash FM soundtrack, both European and American versions.

Back to the topic, can more people check if the Marydancin song appears on PS2 version? Thanks!

93Sean93
  • 93Sean93

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (DT-boy @ Nov 30 2009, 06:14)
QUOTE (SanAndreasManiac @ Nov 30 2009, 07:17)

The Joe Cocker song appears on my PC version of SA, which is American because it has got only American and Spanish language. The White Room song is not in my PC version. I'm 100000000000000000000000000% sure about that.

About VC, the Lionel Richie song is ONLY ON THE ORIGINAL PS2 version, and it's removed from all other versions, although it's featured on the Flash FM soundtrack, both European and American versions.

Back to the topic, can more people check if the Marydancin song appears on PS2 version? Thanks!

It doesn't. Why? Who knows. But the full song doesn't play in any of the three versions (PS2, Xbox, PC).

SanAndreasManiac
  • SanAndreasManiac

Now I am become death, destroyer of the worlds

• Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:57 AM

so nobody knows how's the full song, right?
because it was made specially for the game....

DT-boy
  • DT-boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

I think we can say that the song was only made for that radio commercial. Thanks for all the answers!

B@ND!T
  • B@ND!T

• Members

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (DT-boy @ Nov 29 2009, 21:04)
Hey guys, I've noticed that there's a song ("Wash Him Off" by Marydancin), which can be heard on an announcement on Lips 106, but not featured as a "song" on the station. I have PC version of the game, so can somebody check if the full song appears in the original PS2 version? Thanks a lot!

Marydancin - "Wash Him Off" (removed from the final verison of the game)

Proof link

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (B@ND!T @ Jun 14 2010, 16:34)
QUOTE (DT-boy @ Nov 29 2009, 21:04)

Marydancin - "Wash Him Off" (removed from the final verison of the game)

Proof link

Sucks that it was though, sad.gif I can;t find it anywhere, despite the 3 hour google search sad.gif

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

I'm guessing that the radio promo was made before rights for other songs (not in the promo) had been approved. A clip of Blondie's Rush Rush is also present, even tho that song appears in Flashback and not Lips106. Restructuring radio content makes sense if they had been waiting to get enough of the Scarface soundtrack to make a seperate station for them. This could have lead to Wash Him Off's omission in the completed game.

Another theory is that "questionable" material may have been present in the intro and/or outro voice-overs (similar to the editing of the statement about the Duran Duran tourbus). If significant enough, it may have lead to the deletion of the entire song.

Or, maybe R* just had some friction with the artist? Or maybe it was never a complete song to begin with? Has anybody heard the entire song?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

I wish, I don't think it exists on the interwebs, although someone will have a copy, the original artist R* maybe someone online, just fingers crossed someone has it and comes across this topic

IJustWantLibertyCityNightsMod
  • IJustWantLibertyCityNightsMod

IJWLCNM

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Full song :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khAxGFYSfAQ

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

Change is Coming...

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (IJustWantLibertyCityNightsMod @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 10:30)
Full song :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khAxGFYSfAQ

It has been known since the release of Lips 106 on iTunes. No need to bump a three year old topic confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users