[WIP|REL] Ford Crown Victoria [NYPD|Taxi|FBI]

1,080 replies to this topic
1337group
  • 1337group

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

Question:

Is it just me or does the back seem a bit too high in conjunction with the front. Sort of looks like a drag car.

user posted image

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Im just guessing but he might be on the brakes or going in reverse.

sharprockyj
  • sharprockyj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

I think that the car looks fine. The mod is amazing....

McGrayver
  • McGrayver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

AWESOME! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:27 AM

you would like to see how high is the front when I start to drive biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (1337group @ Dec 14 2009, 23:59)
Question:

Is it just me or does the back seem a bit too high in conjunction with the front. Sort of looks like a drag car.

That's just a matter of changing the handling... happy.gif

ko6a4ok
  • ko6a4ok

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

Where to download this mod?

sutead
  • sutead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (ko6a4ok @ Dec 15 2009, 10:10)

Do you see chasez or someone else proudly annoucing that the FCV police car is released? Do you see a download link to the FCV police car?
If so, I suggest you to go see an eye doctor monocle.gif

It seems like it's f*cking hard for some people to read back a few pages to see what's going on, before asking a question that can be answered by yourself dozingoff.gif

ko6a4ok
  • ko6a4ok

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:10 AM

нихрена, не понел, что написал этот долбанный нигер, но ебаный ПРОМТ не хочет переводить вашу ебатень, которую вы тут пишите, долбанные пендосы...

McGrayver
  • McGrayver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (sutead @ Dec 15 2009, 11:38)

Do you see chasez or someone else proudly annoucing that the FCV police car is released? Do you see a download link to the FCV police car?

It seems like it's f*cking hard for some people to read back a few pages to see what's going on, before asking a question that can be answered by yourself dozingoff.gif

good god, relax dude.. icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif

JJJ8
  • JJJ8

Emergency

• Members

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (McGrayver @ Dec 16 2009, 00:43)
QUOTE (sutead @ Dec 15 2009, 11:38)

good god, relax dude.. icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif

Not gentle, but I rather agree with sutead bored.gif
Everytime when I see a 'new post' icon on this topic and open it hoping for some of news, it's either a normal question (Doesn't care. It's good icon14.gif ), or a question about release dates (nah... icon13.gif )
I'm not trying to play admin but guys, just wait patiently. If there is some news, chasez will surely tell us. Asking or begging for release dates doesn't help the mod develop...oh a Deja vu.

McGrayver
  • McGrayver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

well, everytime when i see a new post its always the same exact thing you guys are saying: Use search this, dont ask that, blablabla..

So, you are doing the same thing dude.... U should just ignore the people with the same question everysingle day.. and stop spamming the topic with all the crap, just focus on the MOD. Sheeeesh

sutead
  • sutead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:01 AM Edited by sutead, 17 December 2009 - 02:03 AM.

QUOTE (McGrayver @ Dec 17 2009, 00:32)
well, everytime when i see a new post its always the same exact thing you guys are saying: Use search this, dont ask that, blablabla..

So, you are doing the same thing dude.... U should just ignore the people with the same question everysingle day.. and stop spamming the topic with all the crap, just focus on the MOD. Sheeeesh

Let me say this before I really go back into a quiet viewer.
'Take a deep breath and look what you wrote, and then, look into a mirror. What do you see? Ignore craps? Focus on the mod? Hmm...'
Take a chill-pill and go to bed before you blow up yourself, Mr.wise guy lol.gif

So everyone, lets just keep quiet before we all turn into like him or Santa chasez will take away our presents.

JJJ8
  • JJJ8

Emergency

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:08 AM

Fair enough, I suppose wink.gif

I got a single question about the car livery chasez.
I don't remember where it was, but I saw a suggestion something like changing the police car numbering as a random like your MTA bus numbers and ad's. Will that be planned in this FCV?
If it's not on the to-do list then that's fine, but I thought it might look good if the police cars had different numbers written instead of just one colgate.gif

Sylvania
  • Sylvania

Lego their ego.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:05 AM Edited by Sylvania, 17 December 2009 - 12:34 PM.

Tailight still look painted a light red I would like it if they were still a bit darker, but i must say you did very good

major cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif

http://www.autopia.o...n_Vic_rear1.jpg
^^^ Tailights more coloured darkly..

And as you say the front lifts when you drive, is this one of those sponge- type of suspension cars, flipping all over? biggrin.gif

Crown vics have stiffer suspensions im pretty sure, alot of upgrades there for police.

Matt903
  • Matt903

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:20 AM

We are talking about "only" the police project, but the other project (FBI,taxi...) are more near to release??? colgate.gif
Can you, chasez, post some images of taxi and/or fbi project please?? colgate.gif

Marsmillo
  • Marsmillo

All in

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (JJJ8 @ Dec 17 2009, 05:08)
Fair enough, I suppose wink.gif

I got a single question about the car livery chasez.
I don't remember where it was, but I saw a suggestion something like changing the police car numbering as a random like your MTA bus numbers and ad's. Will that be planned in this FCV?
If it's not on the to-do list then that's fine, but I thought it might look good if the police cars had different numbers written instead of just one colgate.gif

I did suggested something like that to Lt.Caine some time back, but didn't get any response. It would be a cool idea, but as you already have said if its not in the pipeline its no problem chasez, but will you think about it for future projects?

It would be very cool if there was a possibility to give police car models different textures. Maybe only the unit number, but hole textures would also be amazing. Can you imagine the possibility's of one model with 2 or more fully different paint jobs. Its like having more different police cars in game but still using just 1 model slot.

One model can have a normal LCPD livery, but also a k-9 or 9/11 memorial paint-job
3 sorts of paint jobs the game random pick out of the supply alternative textures; 3 different cars but still using just one model slot. Or if that's not possible maybe just different unit numbers 1524, 1555, 1599,...

One way I can see this work is to have the main texture blank, and de ad system covering the hole main texture. Don't know if its possible just thinking out loud.

Lt.Caine
  • Lt.Caine

Bilderberg Conference Attendee

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

The disadvantage with making it so that the unit numbers vary is that the numbers need to be placed on predetermined spots on the car -- thus making customs skins becomes more limited. For instance, if the numbers are placed on places on the the vehicle in accordance with an NYPD livery, then if a texture modder wanted to make, say, a Toronto police paintjob, then the numbers would not be in the right places.

Another disadvantage is that such a setup would require the use of the "extra" parts.

Also, I've looked into making it so that police cars could have several interchangeable paintjobs in-game, but as far as I can tell, and according to Oleg, this isn't possible -- although it would most certainly be amazing...

JJJ8
  • JJJ8

Emergency

• Members

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

I see, so it's rather complicated then I was imagining...well it was just a small idea so it's no problem at all even if it's not going to be made.
Thanks for the heads up Lt.Caine icon14.gif

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:15 AM

Why btw do police cars have such wheels in America?

user posted image

Lubas
  • Lubas

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

Do you mean why America uses that wheel?? Because it's cheap and it's fit for the police car. You wont see a police interceptor with a racing wheel wink.gif ... If that what you asking

NYPD 55
  • NYPD 55

Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Lubas @ Dec 18 2009, 11:31)
Do you mean why America uses that wheel?? Because it's cheap and it's fit for the police car. You wont see a police interceptor with a racing wheel wink.gif ... If that what you asking

And cause thye're very strong.

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (NYPD 55 @ Dec 18 2009, 07:02)
Do you mean why America uses that wheel?? Because it's cheap and it's fit for the police car. You wont see a police interceptor with a racing wheel wink.gif ...  If that what you asking

& Don't forget they look awesome icon14.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (NYPD 55 @ Dec 18 2009, 12:02)
Do you mean why America uses that wheel?? Because it's cheap and it's fit for the police car. You wont see a police interceptor with a racing wheel wink.gif ...  If that what you asking

Well they're steel so yea strong but ofcourse heavier and they're cheaper, more so than aluminum ones, that is one reason many passenger cars are released w/ steel wheels as standard, then they started releasing them w/ steel wheels w/ a wheel cover (hubcap) to cover PART OF or the WHOLE steel wheel ..
Those wheel covers used to be metal but more and more they became plastic covers ofcourse for lower cost. And in most cases there is now the "doughnut" steel wheel temporary spare tire (even if you have aluminum wheels), smaller than your regular wheel/tire for weight/space savings and the fact its temporary.

In my state/city however, police vehicles are released w/ aluminum wheels biggrin.gif

Lubas
  • Lubas

★★★★★

• Members

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:03 AM

Well, True. They got awsome looking, heavier, stronger. Oh, I love that tires smile.gif

Marsmillo
  • Marsmillo

All in

• Members

Posted 20 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Lt.Caine @ Dec 17 2009, 16:31)
The disadvantage with making it so that the unit numbers vary is that the numbers need to be placed on predetermined spots on the car -- thus making customs skins becomes more limited. For instance, if the numbers are placed on places on the the vehicle in accordance with an NYPD livery, then if a texture modder wanted to make, say, a Toronto police paintjob, then the numbers would not be in the right places.

Another disadvantage is that such a setup would require the use of the "extra" parts.

Also, I've looked into making it so that police cars could have several interchangeable paintjobs in-game, but as far as I can tell, and according to Oleg, this isn't possible -- although it would most certainly be amazing...

Hi Lt.Caine, thanks for your reply.

I understand the difficulty and disadvantage's, I was only thinking out loud. If its not possible its not possible, although it would be very cool if it was possible.

MPD Officer Zach O'Neill
  • MPD Officer Zach O'Neill

Milwaukee Police Officer

• Members

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

I do have a question though.

Is it possible to just ADD cars? Or is it like San Andreas.. where you have to literally replace the car you want to add a new one?

Because i've been seeing people with at least like 6 different Police Cars in one game and I know there aren't that many Police Cars in that game. At least, not Cruiser-types.

Also, very nice Police CVPI.

The NYPD deserve to have flashy vehicles in this game smile.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (MPD Officer Zach O'Neill @ Dec 21 2009, 22:51)

Is it possible to just ADD cars? Or is it like San Andreas.. where you have to literally replace the car you want to add a new one?

There is a topic here about "adding" cars
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=420911

I havent tried the technique, seemed to abit involved.. but the guys were saying it was working.

Ohais
  • Ohais

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:57 AM

As of right now, you can't "add" police vehicles, since the lights/sirens are hard-coded into the game for the slots that are already in the game.

But you can replace say the NOOSE Stockade with custom police cruiser if you want, you just have to make sure to edit the vehicles.ide and handling.dat files accordingly.

MPD Officer Zach O'Neill
  • MPD Officer Zach O'Neill

Milwaukee Police Officer

• Members

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

Oh, thank you for your time guys on responding to my request.

And I see. Changing any Police Vehicle to be a Cruiser does work?
Good.

Thank you, again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users