340 replies to this topic
LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Nov 29 2009, 18:16)
QUOTE (takadox @ Nov 30 2009, 02:08)
yeah, i remember. *flashback* woot swing truck of doom. well, i still like the skylift better. looks cooler. and the size.
have you compared it to the tug boat or annihilator. as yusef says "what is that thing holding the tank, so proud and powerful."

oh yeah, and on another note. "I told you I was getting one of these!

If anyone is having trouble still, we are glad to help. great day to start a gtaforums membership.
at lcstuntman, i already started on that, but both planes are static.
but, i wont say unobtainable, because, thats what theysaid about the skylift. lol

Yeah true, you know what, for the sake of time waisting and attempts, i am going to do the mission 'bang, bang' and when i reach the plane, i am going to see if i can get in it, be nice. It's just experimenting. lol.gif

lol lol.gif I was kidding, but why the hell not tounge2.gif

takadox
  • takadox

1st recorded obtainer of the skylift

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:19 AM

good luck, oh, and use the annihilator to blow up the train and maybe the plane if it pisses you off. Its cool to see it blow up in the sky.
lessee, that doesn't leave too many unique vehicles left in liberty city. abudabuda thats all folks!

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:33 AM

I'm still awfully confused...
I mean, R* is comprised of people, correct?
And they know what their playerbase must be thinking, and wanting.
What reason do they possibly have to include new vehicles.
But have them unavailible outside of missions?
The Regina in TLaD.
Pretty much a pointless vehicle.
They could have used any other vehicle for that one mission...
But no.
New car.
Cannot be found outside the mission.
It wasn't hard to obtain it...
It's just...
What do R* think???
The Caged Caddy I sort of understand.
Mission vehicle, special, etc.
The Stretch B.
Why aren't there any outside of the mission?
No reason at all really.
Er...
Skycrane of course.
I mean, why not have one parked at the docks or something?
Hm...
Towtruck.
Is it really that hard to enable it to work outside of that one mission?
Really?
Give me one good reason as to why we can't have a working towtruck, and semi trucks while we're on the subject...
Why can't we enter Bahama Mamas before or after the mission?
Any good reasons there?
Er, no...
[/rant]
Anyway, on topic.
I'm definatly doing this tomorrow.
And mad cookie.gif respect to XTREME and others who helped.

takadox
  • takadox

1st recorded obtainer of the skylift

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:37 AM

because they make you work for it. think about it. when you work to get it, the vehicle becomes special and sought after.
if r* gave us all of the vehicles, the game would get boring. its not that they are taunting us.
I really think they make them hard to get on purpose.

Good nite sleepy.gif

Takadox

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:54 AM

So did they upload a video how to do it

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (takadox @ Nov 30 2009, 02:37)
because they make you work for it. think about it. when you work to get it, the vehicle becomes special and sought after.
if r* gave us all of the vehicles, the game would get boring. its not that they are taunting us.

Good nite sleepy.gif

Takadox

Exactly what i was going to say. They purposely make it easier to get that certain vehicle to have people spend time to try to figure out how. and it works, and i dont mind it that much because its fun.

Rag
  • Rag

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Ne0nLiteZ @ Nov 29 2009, 23:12)
QUOTE (takadox @ Nov 30 2009, 02:37)

Good nite sleepy.gif

Takadox

Exactly what i was going to say. They purposely make it easier to get that certain vehicle to have people spend time to try to figure out how. and it works, and i dont mind it that much because its fun.

Yeah like the Bati Custom in TBoGT, I mean it's just a bike but its a pain to get and most of the time the bloody thing just disappears from my parking space!

Forum 1
  • Forum 1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

Waiting for a video guide on this thing is becoming like getting confirmation for TlaD PC sleepy.gif

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:10 AM

!!ATENTION!!

Video making is in progress for the tutorial, this video will only consist of phot's but the information required will be more than expected. Don't worry raging fans, the video will be up soon.

XTREME0235.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Nov 29 2009, 20:01)
Idk if you remember, but the Skycrane in GTA San Andreas was unobtainable as well after that one mission, damn R*, oh well, we unleashed the secret now, R* aint so smart.

Actually you get to keep the Skycrane in San Andreas; it would spawn at the desert airfield, but it doesn't have its magnet after the one mission. With that precedent, I don't know why Rockstar didn't want to give the Skylift a spawn location in TBoGT.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:16 AM Edited by kamuran, 30 November 2009 - 04:18 AM.

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Nov 29 2009, 20:10)
!!ATENTION!!

Video making is in progress for the tutorial, this video will only consist of phot's but the information required will be more than expected. Don't worry raging fans, the video will be up soon.

XTREME0235.

You do know that I already sent GTASeriesVideos this topic and asked him to make a video. He gives credit to the person who figured it out and plus, he has extremely good Tips and Tricks videos on The Ballad Of Gay Tony. I recommend his amazing videos to anyone on here.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (takadox @ Nov 30 2009, 02:19)
good luck, oh, and use the annihilator to blow up the train and maybe the plane if it pisses you off. Its cool to see it blow up in the sky.
lessee, that doesn't leave too many unique vehicles left in liberty city. abudabuda thats all folks!

Ok, no you can not enter the plane, obviously i had that coming. But what is kind of interesting but lazy of R* to do is when you go up to the burned plane, and the fire is going all over it, you can just climb on top of the plane and just let the fire surround you, you don't get burned at all. Of course the cops will be shooting you, but that is also the same thing when you blow up the train in the same mission, if you go right up to the fire, you can just sit there in it, im pretty sure it is like that with the Crane as well.

GTA V better be a whole lot better in the way of New vehicles and effects go, honestly.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

Two new things that we need players to do.

1. Try to figure out how to use the magnet, I am 100% sure there is a way how to use it.

2. Someone needs to figure out how to save the Skylift, there has to be a way, Rockstar wouldn't put it in the game if you couldn't save it. There must be some way or a glitch to save it.

I got to go for tonight, I wonder what someone will do or figure out over night? Videos? Tutorials?

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:25 AM Edited by Duxfever, 30 November 2009 - 04:27 AM.

They probably didn't expect anyone to climb on and into the fire, but I guess it's still no excuse for that. So yeah, I agree. Mad props for finding this out, too, though. And you, too, takadox. devil.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif

Mad thumbs up next to a cookie.

Also, kamuran, they probably didn't expect anyone to actually obtain the Skylift, that's why there's no space for it or the use of the magnet. But I guess anyone can at least try to go for it, somewhat.

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:23 AM

Has anyone tried to save it at Johnny's second safehouse? Theres a part of the house that is concave in the middle, so its perfect for saving helicopters.
user posted image

And EXTREME, thats pretty surprising knowing that if you even shoot a trailer containing gasoline (like at the airport), a little flame comes out, and you can catch on fire from that tiny detail.

Rag
  • Rag

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:40 AM

I'm pretty sure someone at R* saw this thread and went:

"Houser we have a problem, they got the Skylift ......."

lol.gif

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (Rag @ Nov 29 2009, 21:40)
I'm pretty sure someone at R* saw this thread and went:

"Houser we have a problem, they got the Skylift ......."

lol.gif

hahahaha lol.gif

Yeah, R* would probably sh*t their pants.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:04 AM Edited by XTREME0235, 30 November 2009 - 07:14 AM.

Just completed & uploaded my own personal tutorial.
It is a pretty good tutorial for information wise, and the photo's turned out good.
If i had a capture card i would make a video tutorial but unfortunately that didn't happen, GTAseriesvideos is probably already making the video tutorial, but i hope you guys can still look at mine seeing as mine is the very first public tutorial on YouTube. Be nice, just because it's just pictures, dosn't mean it's not a good tutorial right?

Thanks,
XTREME0235

Edit: I don't think there is any sound on it yet as i had too get my audio back from WMG, and that can take from about 1 - 2 hours. I will let you know when the sound comes back, it is just a song called comatose by Skillet.

Rag
  • Rag

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Nov 30 2009, 03:04)
It is a pretty good tutorial for information wise, and the photo's turned out good.
If i had a capture card i would make a video tutorial but unfortunately that didn't happen, GTAseriesvideos is probably already making the video tutorial, but i hope you guys can still look at mine seeing as mine is the very first  public tutorial on YouTube. Be nice, just because it's just pictures, dosn't mean it's not a good tutorial right?

Thanks,
XTREME0235

Edit: I don't think there is any sound on it yet as i had too get my audio back from WMG, and that can take from about 1 - 2 hours. I will let you know when the sound comes back, it is just a song called comatose by Skillet.

Audio didn't come on first but its up now.

Thanks for the video!

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Rag @ Nov 30 2009, 07:20)
QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Nov 30 2009, 03:04)
If i had a capture card i would make a video tutorial but unfortunately that didn't happen, GTAseriesvideos is probably already making the video tutorial, but i hope you guys can still look at mine seeing as mine is the very first  public tutorial on YouTube. Be nice, just because it's just pictures, dosn't mean it's not a good tutorial right?

Thanks,
XTREME0235

Audio didn't come on first but its up now.

Thanks for the video!

No probs!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

We need a video walkthrough no offense to you EXTREME your video was great, but I think it would be even easier if I got to watch a video walkthrough of obtaining it.

TGMOS
  • TGMOS

GTA IV Vehicle Expert

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

Well, after three hours of constant trying and nearly dying by the cops I managed to get the
Skylift! biggrin.gif

I found out how to save it to. Save it at Niko's Algonquin safehouse, front end facing south, and you need both the wheel under the cab and the righthand wheel inside the yellow parking space, as close to the building as possible. If you leave it there before traffic knocks it out of the way, suprisingly, you'll find it there later! Still takes up the whole street though, so I really don't know how it's saving it...

I'll try and get pictures later.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (TGMOS @ Nov 30 2009, 15:58)
Well, after three hours of constant trying and nearly dying by the cops I managed to get the
Skylift! biggrin.gif

I found out how to save it to. Save it at Niko's Algonquin safehouse, front end facing south, and you need both the wheel under the cab and the righthand wheel inside the yellow parking space, as close to the building as possible. If you leave it there before traffic knocks it out of the way, suprisingly, you'll find it there later! Still takes up the whole street though, so I really don't know how it's saving it...

Am I the only one that thinks that Johnny's safehouse would be the most obvious choice of saving a helicopter, the one he gets later in the game? I mean it's a completely open area and just seems easy to save a heli in that place

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

I'm uploading a tutorial just now, but I'm not sure how useful it will be. Everytime I steal the Skylift, I get lucky. tounge.gif The first time he spinned out of control for no reason, and the second time he crashed because he happened to be flying pretty low over the highway (I didn't even have to snipe him in this instance).

ade2
  • ade2

Mafiya Worker

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (TGMOS @ Nov 30 2009, 15:58)
Skylift! biggrin.gif

awesome, nice find. now it feels more motivated to get it!

anyone know if there is a way to make the game autosave while you're still present near the skylift and looking at it on the parking lot? seems like there's lots of ways to make the game autosave

artie
  • artie

GTAer since the original.

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

If you can actually climb inside and fly the thing then R* won't be surprised that people have obtained it. They obviously made it so people can use it, it just takes work...

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

HD -

IllnessGTA
  • IllnessGTA

Wannabe killer

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:53 PM Edited by IllnessGTA, 30 November 2009 - 05:40 PM.

Can you pick vehicles with it because how come the train car came off?

EDIT: *finds out that there is no way to pick up vehicles* oh...son of a bitch! R* pissed me off so i'm gonna go murder them tonight!

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Nov 30 2009, 16:42)

HD -

Thanks for the video, I'm going to try getting it later today, I hope I manage to get it smile.gif

IllnessGTA
  • IllnessGTA

Wannabe killer

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

Can you post a video or a picture of it destroyed?
Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users