Photo

Retrieving the Skylift!

340 replies to this topic
takadox
  • takadox

1st recorded obtainer of the skylift

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:45 PM

algonquin bridge, well yes, you see, after catching up with yusef, he always slows down to about walking speed. like really slow.
This is right near the broker dukes express way. now when he is going slow, you fly ahead of him whilst looking back( so he doesn't vanish, its happened to me twice).
ahead of him should be a bundle of overpasses. you land on these and wait for him to get over an area that has shallow water.
I dont know if this is a glitch, but before i snipe him out, i have to shoot the cab with the advanced mg to break an invisble barrier that protects yusef.
once he is over that area, and that shield is down, you should be able to snipe yusef and get into the sky lift. i hope that annswers your question.

takadox

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (takadox @ Nov 29 2009, 09:59)
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][U]Look at my post, it tells you the details, you CANNOT use the magenet. it would be cool
if you could

Close your tags wink.gif

OT: Hmmm, now that I think about it a little. I might actually do it. Sucks ass that you can't pick stuff up but, without it being normally accessible I don't think Rockstar would program the necessary stuff.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:32 PM

I'm recording some footage now. I can't actually get the Skylift though. I so far got to the part where you need to knock it onto the ground, I ended up landing in the water. Fortunately, when you hit it, it just hovers, so it's easier than you think to steal once on the ground. I then tried to shoot it towards the ground thinking it was indestructible, and then BOOOM!

If I do it, I will be sure to upload the footage.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Nov 29 2009, 18:32)
I so far got to the part where you need to knock it onto the ground, I ended up landing in the water.

Same here.

user posted image

sad.gif

takadox
  • takadox

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

it is easier just to snipe him out, just like how you obtain the police maverick.
if you push him down, 90% of the time he will just start flying back up. or the heli breaks. it may be tough, but its not invincible

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:58 PM

Damn I got it to land at the airport right on the edge. I hit and it took around 6mins to hover to the airport. It got stuck on a little bump and had NOOSE and FIB all over me so I had to quickly snipe Yusuf, and then the Heli just spins out of control into the water suicidal.gif . I got closer though; you definitely need patience for this.

TGMOS
  • TGMOS

GTA IV Vehicle Expert

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

Hmm, going after it after that mission? I remember trying that several times and each time it was already gone by the time I got up in the air.

Of course I was spawning a Buzzard, not Annihilator. That might make the difference. If this works, then Rockstar will have been outsmarted! biggrin.gif

Another idea: Perhaps if you were to crach it into the ground while following it, could you possibly push it along the ground until you get it into a safehouse parking square? Doubt this would work but that's how I got the police maverick in the original IV story mode.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

Does anyone else have better pictures of them getting it? Who even got it?

eastcoastboy17
  • eastcoastboy17

American badass

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

Hey takadox when yusuf lands me on the field and i spawn the helicopter the skylift always gone before i can catch up to the it can you explain how to catch up to it?

takadox
  • takadox

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

it depends on 1. how many cheats you have in your phone, and 2. when you hit up to access the phone.
for me, i have 3 cheats before the annihilator cheat, so i must be quick. Second of all, i listen to the dialouge.
Yusef: ... i love you man, i love yyyooouuuu! see you later!
Luis: Yeah, have FUN with it.

When luis says FUN, i hit up and quickly get the annihilator, run to it and as soon as you can fly, pull back enough to get momentum without crashing. when the skylift is just exiting the meadows park or whatever park that is, you should quickly spin the helicopter to face forward.
once that is done, well, its not to hard to catch up in the annihilator. It also depends on what version you are playing on.
i downloaded tbogt, so i dont know if the eflc version is different.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (takadox @ Nov 29 2009, 11:26)
it depends on 1. how many cheats you have in your phone, and 2. when you hit up to access the phone.
for me, i have 3 cheats before the annihilator cheat, so i must be quick. Second of all, i listen to the dialouge.
Yusef: ... i love you man, i love yyyooouuuu! see you later!
Luis: Yeah, have FUN with it.

When luis says FUN, i hit up and quickly get the annihilator, run to it and as soon as you can fly, pull back enough to get momentum without crashing. when the skylift is just exiting the meadows park or whatever park that is, you should quickly spin the helicopter to face forward.
once that is done, well, its not to hard to catch up in the annihilator. It also depends on what version you are playing on.
i downloaded tbogt, so i dont know if the eflc version is different.

Can you post a video of you trying to get it? Can someone post a video?

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

This sounds like it would be very frustrating. Much more than getting Rocco's Caddy...haha...

Good luck all. And to those that thought it was maybe possible to pick things up with it...come on...really...really?? notify.gif

Rag
  • Rag

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

It really sounds like a hassle, especially the fact that going through all this trouble and the damn thing doesn't even lift anything.

Screw you R*! mad.gif

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:45 PM Edited by kamuran, 29 November 2009 - 07:47 PM.

QUOTE (Jordan @ Nov 29 2009, 11:42)
Much more than getting Rocco's Caddy...haha...

Did you watch GTASeriesVideos' video on Rocco's Caddy?

Maybe we could get a lot of people to message GTASeriesVideos to make a Skylift video off of
XTREME0235's idea. He gives credit to anyone that figured out how to get stuff but he makes amazing, new tips and tricks videos.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

I managed to get it to land twice. The first time the propeller snapped and I was tempted to push it all the way to Pay N' Spray tounge.gif . The second time really p*ssed me off. I made it land perfectly on some train tracks, it was inches from the ground so I sniped Yusuf out; then the bloody thing explodes, and it was mere inches form the ground suicidal.gif !

Still trying........

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Nov 29 2009, 19:48)
I managed to get it to land twice. The first time the propeller snapped and I was tempted to push it all the way to Pay N' Spray tounge.gif

Why didn't you just hop in and use the health cheat? catspider.gif

I've got it heading towards the airport at the moment. This isn't easy. mad.gif

takadox
  • takadox

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

Okay, for those who are pushing the helicopter to the airport, what happens if you just follow him.
does he just stop over top the water near the highway. because if he does, then all you have to do is wait.
Eventually, yusef will start flying forward again. when he does this, make sure you are on the overpasses in front of him.
Then shoot him with the advanced mg, and then your sniper. he should crash, but still be intact. i will try to make a snapmap.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

I haven't managed to steal it yet, but I'll upload a video of what I have so far.

hugorohden
  • hugorohden

That girl's a genius! I think she's serious!

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (blahblah1212 @ Nov 29 2009, 12:46)
1: I'm a "lazy American" as you "fancy" Brits say.

Haha, priceless! lol.gif

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

Looks like someone beat me to the explanation of how to do it, and if you spawn the Annihilator quicker, then you go after it, you might be able to get the subway car, you can get the 2 versions of it, the one with the subway car is not the one i like, as it acts as an inatimate object and when you land the skylift, you can just walk through the subway car, but as i said you can still here it running which is pretty weired. If you guys possibly give me some time, i can make a turtorial video for you if you like, and takadox, seeing as i WAS the first one to start this topic, you mind letting me do this video? It's just that people are sort of giving you the credit and not me, not that i am begging for it or anything, it just seems pointless of me go through all this trouble of getting it and showing you guys, so that someone else can give the explanation on how to get it before i had plans to. So i will try and make a video, but if you guys have any questions, make sure to let me know.

Thanks to those guys who helped my post up the photo's, once the video is done i will be sure to post up the link.
Video will include: Video starts straight after "for the man who has everything"
Quick walkthrough on how to monuver the Skylift to the airport
Possible footage of me obtaining it.

Thank you guys, have fun and good luck on obtaining your Skylift!!

takadox
  • takadox

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:34 PM

http:www.gta4.net/map/

i hope i did that right

takadox
  • takadox

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

yes, i will let you do the video, but i was going to make this topic a few days ago, but i completely forgot.
but since you beat me, you can has credit. Oh, and 1 more thing. even tho i may be helping people out, my methods different.
so its not like im taking credit, just taking credit for 1 method.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Nov 29 2009, 20:26)
Looks like someone beat me to the explanation of how to do it, and if you spawn the Annihilator quicker, then you go after it, you might be able to get the subway car, you can get the 2 versions of it, the one with the subway car is not the one i like, as it acts as an inatimate object and when you land the skylift, you can just walk through the subway car, but as i said you can still here it running which is pretty weired. If you guys possibly give me some time, i can make a turtorial video for you if you like, and takadox, seeing as i WAS the first one to start this topic, you mind letting me do this video? It's just that people are sort of giving you the credit and not me, not that i am begging for it or anything, it just seems pointless of me go through all this trouble of getting it and showing you guys, so that someone else can give the explanation on how to get it before i had plans to. So i will try and make a video, but if you guys have any questions, make sure to let me know.

Thanks to those guys who helped my post up the photo's, once the video is done i will be sure to post up the link.
Video will include: Video starts straight after "for the man who has everything"
Quick walkthrough on how to monuver the Skylift to the airport
Possible footage of me obtaining it.

Thank you guys, have fun and good luck on obtaining your Skylift!!

I'm already encoding a mini-tutorial in HD, but I won't upload it if you don't want me to. I was just going to upload it to YouTube and direct people to this topic.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

adamcs, you can't get into a helicopter when the propellers snap. I might give up for the night; I might try takadox's method later though. The thing is I didn't really want to snipe as I already highlighted, when I did it when he was barely inches form the ground it still exploded; and sniping him there, he would be quite high. Surely you have to knock him down a bit; this is the bit that is the hardest. It never seems to go where you want it to.

hugorohden
  • hugorohden

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Please Xtreme, let adamcs post the video!

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

Thank you tadadox for understanding, oh and here is my snapmap guide on getting it to the airport. Remember, it takes patiance and knowledge on direction. As said before good luck on obtaining your Skylift.

http://www.gta4.net/...&...nd fly away.

P.S: Yes adamcs, it would be appreciated if you could not upload that video, i don't want to stop people doing what they were going to do, but i would like to just make a 1st simple lttle video on how to obtin it. Thank you for understanding.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

I finally got it. It was a bit lucky though, he just spinned out of control for apparently no reason (must have hit a lamp post or something?) and landed in a shallow section of water.

takadox
  • takadox

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

whose method did you use, because like the other unique vehicles (johnnys hexer, rocco's caddy) there has always been 1 method
then later on, a second easier method.
whichever method is easier will be used more.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Nov 29 2009, 21:13)
I finally got it.  It was a bit lucky though, he just spinned out of control for apparently no reason (must have hit a lamp post or something?) and landed in a shallow section of water.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

hugorohden
  • hugorohden

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Nov 29 2009, 21:19)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

That is just badass!!! Sweeet!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users