» «
Photo

Retrieving the Skylift!

340 replies to this topic
XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:11 AM Edited by XTREME0235, 29 November 2009 - 12:09 PM.

Ok this may seem like a stupid topic and you may think i am a troll but i am not, what i am about to tell you will become not impossible at all. I have pictures to prove the following, but i need someone to tell me how to post pictures first because i don't know how.

I was recently thinking if there was a way to obtain the Skylift in TBoGT, seeing as R* didn't want us to fly one, i went on an experiment. I played the mission called For the man who has everything and i completed the mission and when Yusuf flew off with the subway car, i quickly spawned the annihilator and went after him, he was still flying even when the mission was over. I caught up to him and the Subway car was still connected, you could hear it as though it was still on the tracks, the doors opened at stops and everything, but it was connected to the Skylift. Anyway, i knew i had no chance of getting it when it was above the water, so i used my helicopter to guide it towards the Airport and try to get it on the ground, it didn't work because it got caught on a pole, i have pictures of it making it's way towards the Airport, but i need to know how to put pictures up.

Once i have the pictures uploaded, i will give instructions on how to get it all started, i obtained it once when the Subway car was attatched, but it was to big to park in the parking space and save it. I can tell you that with the subway car connected, it was pretty slow, but still fun to fly, i am currently trying to obtain one without the subway car. I am wondering if it will change the speed. It is a huge helicopter, it is 2x the size of the Swift and towers over the Buzzard. You people might think i am bullsh*tting here, but i have the photo's here as proof of me guiding it, when i obtain it again i will take more pictures of my flying it and everything. I need someone to tell me how to post photo's so i can prove to you guys that this is legitamate. I will keep you guys up to date if i get one. Once someone tells me how to, i will post the 1st pictures on here.
Moderators, please do NOT lock this topic, as i have proof i am sure you want to see proof, and i will give proof. So this topic is now open guys, please let me know on the photo uploading.

Edit: Ok i ave just got one, i was lucky that there was enough space on the runway and that i got there quick enoug to get in it. Here are some more pictures.

http://img249.imagev...7_122_396lo.JPG
http://img192.imagev..._122_1141lo.JPG
http://img205.imagev...9_122_154lo.JPG
http://img102.imagev...1_122_568lo.JPG
http://img19.imageve...2_122_158lo.JPG
http://img187.imagev...4_122_778lo.JPG

Insom
  • Insom

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

Upload them somewhere like tinypic.com and then hit the IMG thing in the post menu and put in the link of the pics.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Nov 29 2009, 12:11)
Ok this may seem like a stupid topic and you may think i am a troll but i am not, what i am about to tell you will become not impossible at all. I have pictures to prove the following, but i need someone to tell me how to post pictures first because i don't know how.

http://imagevenue.com/host.php

Fill the fields, select "Family safe", send. Copy/paste the url which is in the field meant for message boards.

Colt M14
  • Colt M14

BUYGIV: Spanish Lords

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

I'd like to see if this isn't bullsh*t. Can't wait to see the photos.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

Thank you guys for the help, here are the links:

http://img269.imagev...0_122_588lo.JPG

http://img108.imagev...1_122_484lo.JPG

http://img212.imagev..._122_1000lo.JPG

http://img164.imagev...3_122_717lo.JPG

http://img154.imagev..._122_428lo.JPG#

http://img180.imagev...6_122_892lo.JPG

More pictures soon.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:28 AM Edited by LeRay0409, 29 November 2009 - 10:30 AM.

Maybe he could make a video?

Sorry for correcting you but you did say I Spawned and Annihilator not a Buzzard

CreebA
  • CreebA

The Creeber

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:48 AM

Im gunna try tis now, but if it works ill throw a tutorial video on how to do it on youtube

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

I had a feeling that spawning a helicopter and going after it would be a viable option (someone did suggest it) but I couldn't be bothered to try it.

*rushes off to try it*

CreebA
  • CreebA

The Creeber

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:11 AM

Just had a go, tooo hard lol

You have to spawn that buzzard pretty fast
& if you dont, you have to do the wholeeee mission again

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

When this comes to the PC, we'll just spawn one of these with a single click. biggrin.gif

Krkr
  • Krkr

100% Kosher Beef!

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

And how do you exactly guide it towards the airport?

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Krkr @ Nov 29 2009, 11:20)
And how do you exactly guide it towards the airport?

All i did, was used my helicopter blades to push it, it is pretty hard to do, and it takes patiance.
I really hope no one steals this idea, even if someone thought of it first, they would kinda need proof like me, but i believe i am the first to post it on here.

Colt M14
  • Colt M14

BUYGIV: Spanish Lords

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

Post the next pics on photobucket.com next time, that website sucks.

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (Colt M14 @ Nov 29 2009, 11:57)

If it is too big, just click the image once, then it will shrink a little bit.

Frank White
  • Frank White

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

Im not going to try this but has anyone else if so is it possible?

blahblah1212
  • blahblah1212

Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

I would do it, but:
1: I'm a "lazy American" as you "fancy" Brits say.
2: I don't see the point
3: It's 4:46am and I'm just here because I can't fall asleep.

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Nov 29 2009, 12:09)
QUOTE (Colt M14 @ Nov 29 2009, 11:57)

If it is too big, just click the image once, then it will shrink a little bit.

Could you please make a more detailed guide? What happens after you get it to the airport? You just jack it?

connoreaton
  • connoreaton

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

wow that is f*cking amazing. congrads if it works ur the first person to drive the sky lift?

DDX-GTA
  • DDX-GTA

It's Just Business

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:41 PM

Wait, can you actually lift stuff with it? or not.

gamefarter
  • gamefarter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

How come the pictures you showed us don't have the subway car attached to it? how did you get rid of it? Or is this guy using a modded x-box like people have to get the Brigade? Show us a picture of it with the subway car and I will believe you.

ade2
  • ade2

Mafiya Worker

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

wow! can't wait to try this out. here's another method i thought about today, don't know if its any good. my thought would be to play "caught with your pants down" (the one with the apc), get the swift with yusuf in and fly to the old vanilla gta iv upper east parking space. after a few minutes, the skylift comes flying towards you heading north above the road there. the plan would be to attach a stickybomb to yusufs swift, and snipe the pilot of the skylift so it comes tumbling down.. and then blow up the sticky bomb killing yusuf so that we trick the game to cancel the cutscene it was just going to play. what do you think? gonna try it later

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (ade2 @ Nov 29 2009, 15:05)
wow! can't wait to try this out. here's another method i thought about today, don't know if its any good. my thought would be to play "caught with your pants down" (the one with the apc), get the swift with yusuf in and fly to the old vanilla gta iv upper east parking space. after a few minutes, the skylift comes flying towards you heading north above the road there. the plan would be to attach a stickybomb to yusufs swift, and snipe the pilot of the skylift so it comes tumbling down.. and then blow up the sticky bomb killing yusuf so that we trick the game to cancel the cutscene it was just going to play. what do you think? gonna try it later

It will drop into the sea probably..

takadox
  • takadox

1st recorded obtainer of the skylift

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

Well, i just signed up on here because i found a way to get that one vehicle no ones been able to get. Ive researched into as well.

Okay so enough with the small talk, lets get on to the thing you want to hear. THE SKYLIFT!

Okay so to get this awsome heli, you will need:

The mission For The Man Who Has Everything to be available

the annihilator cheat

the advanced mg (for the rate of fire, explained later)

a sniper rifle (preferrably the advanced ones, again for the rate of fire, so even noobs can get the chopper) tounge2.gif

OPTIONAL:
parachute (explained later)

health cheat (incase you break the heli)

STEPS:
step 1: go to mission marker or the missions replays and select for the man who has everything.

step 2: play through the mission like you were going to beat it.

step 3: very important, do not skip the cutscene where yusef drops down and takes the train, it will cause the heli to vanish after
the scene ends!

step 4: this step is the one step that can get frustrating. okay when yusef goes to the baseball field to drop luis off, you must wait for luis to stop waving and very quickly spawn the annihilator. TIP: my cue is when luis says Have Fun With IT.

Step 5: quickly put down the phone and run to the annihilator. get in and just pull the RT to start it fast.

step 6: gain a bit of height while slightly pulling back to fly backwards, once high enough, fly backwards after the SKYLIFT.
If done fast enough you should see the skylift (and the train) disappearing and reappearing rapidly. you must get close to it to stop it from
vanishing completely.

Step 7: another hard step. if you are good at sniping police helis down and getting them, this step should not be to hard. wait for yusef to stop over the small watered area and fly ahead to the overpasses, making sure to keep an eye on yusef.

step 8: pull out you advanced mg and shoot the cab of the sky lift until the it lets you shoot in the cab. then pull out your sniper rifle and wait for
the right time to snipe yusef devil.gif

step 9: snipe yusef in an area where the heli will stay intact.

step 10: get off the overpass by using your annihilator, and land close to the now empty skylift. not TOO close though. get in the skylift

Step 11: enjoy!

SKYLIFT( actual name) details

well 1. this thing is massive, being quite possibly the largest heli in the gta series( dont quote me on that though)

2. it is very sluggish and as slow as F*ck

3. you cannot pick up vehicles with the magnet, but still, we got the heli.

4. you cant really safe this as it is to big to fit in any parking space and the rotors push it away from every safe house.

Well, i have a video of it but my stupid camera ate it somehow. so no pics, but it did happen.

Please enjoy.

TAKADOX

florisinfernus
  • florisinfernus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

We know: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=434094

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

The two methods are different but It's still technicly a repeat topic. This method sounds easier than the other one though.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:29 PM

I have merged takadox's topic with this one. Let's keep the discussion to this topic. smile.gif

EDIT: Oh, and an additional question: What name pops up when you enter it? Skylift?

takadox
  • takadox

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:36 PM

yes, that is the name of it. the one i get has no train on it, and i downloaded tbogt from xbox live.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

Although I highly doubt it, can anyone confirm if it's possible to lift things with it?

And yeah, it has the Skylift text popping up. Judging from the third picture posted in the first post. colgate.gif

takadox
  • takadox

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:59 PM Edited by takadox, 29 November 2009 - 05:48 PM.

Look at my post, it tells you the details, you CANNOT use the magenet. it would be cool
if you could

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:07 PM

To rectify, takadox; you fly after the chopper in the Annihilator, close so it doesn't disappear. Then do you land it to shoot the cab and snipe Yusef, whilst it's on the move?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users