» «
Photo

New MuscleCar Sound - GTAIV

30 replies to this topic
arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:41 PM Edited by arbitrarymobster, 31 May 2010 - 10:53 PM.

New MuscleCar Sound
by
Arbitrarymobster

This mod gives more of a staccato sound to the Dukes.

Thanks to: XVI32, SparkIV, Audacity, and 5050gs's video tutorial

See the video on the social club. Search for musclecar sound.

There are now some better videos on youtube, posted by other users.

UPDATE May 21, 2010: I have uploaded a new version of this mod to gtagarage. It is a completely new sound which was created using real v8 engine sounds.

PGoD
  • PGoD

Houat de phoque!

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

Can we expect to have a video showing this mod?

LordRhyme
  • LordRhyme

PC | Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

hope this mod is good post a vid or something

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Yes plz a sample would be awesome. Anyway can you make a 2007 Shelby GT500 sound as well? Especially with the Eaton supercharger. I'm sure every1 loves that sound. Just think of the movie "I am legend"

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

@ Rob.Zombie: I edited my first post. The vid is on the social club. Search for MuscleCar Sound.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:53 PM

NICE, it sounds really raw and badass just like a real muscle car cool.gif
BTW here is the video: CLICK ME! icon14.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

Wow! All I can say is wow. It really sounds nice. Not too loud, not too quiet. I like it. cookie.gif

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

Nice.. Sounds great

LordRhyme
  • LordRhyme

PC | Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

someone upload a freaking video to youtube social club sucks balls

6pakki
  • 6pakki

Der Sämme

• Members

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (LordRhyme @ Nov 29 2009, 12:42)
someone upload a freaking video to youtube social club sucks balls

Whats the matter?

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:58 AM Edited by arbitrarymobster, 02 December 2009 - 08:25 PM.

@ LordRhyme: See first post.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

Hey how do you modify .ivaud files searching for ages but never found a solution could you please make a tutorial colgate.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

Well that 4cyl sound is kinda crap. It sounds like it's an electric car. Anyway are you planning or releasing real car sounds? For example Shelby GT500? biggrin.gif

LordRhyme
  • LordRhyme

PC | Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:00 PM

at that blista would fit a more turbo-fart canon sound i would love that

now thats what im talking about

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

@ zerofreeze; in the first post there is a mention of an existing tutorial which I used to be able to do this, as well as a list of all of the tools required.

@ Rob.Zombie and LordRhyme; Thanks for your opinions, I've removed the vid and I'll see what I can do.

@ Rob.Zombie; My initial intentions were to make a Dodge Charger sound and put it in the game. This didn't end up happening for many reasons. A couple of which include;

1) Several cars in the game share one sound, so having three or four different cars sounding like one specific, identifiable, real car seemed silly to me.

2) When I tested a few really good realistic crisp Dodge Charger sounds in the game they sounded like teeth chatter on a vibrator (lol) and nothing at all like the raw sound. This is because the game engine applies its own equilization effects to each sound, and does so differently for each sound. Additionally, the game "bends" each sound differently. On top of all this you can't use larger sound files than the originals without changing "headers" in the ivaud file, which is not something I can do, or something I want to do. This greatly limits the quality and choice of the raw data you can use.

Regarding you're request, if you have the patience to try to get your (or any) sound in the game I will be willing to help you a lot, but you must be willing to help yourself as well. All of the tools are available for free as well as a tut to get you started (see the first post) and i'll give you a big hint for when your watching the tut: As long as your files are the exact same size as the originals, or shorter by like two bytes, you don't have to do any of that 'header editing' stuff. That means all you have to do is copy and paste in hex and you're done! Meanwhile, how about a couple of stars on that MuscleCar Sound over at GTAGarage (94 Downloads and no votes, WTF!?).

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

I might do it, cuz I really love the GT500's sound, but I don't have any HQ sound, that'd sound cool. Here's what I've found so far, it's a mod for GTA SA, but it doesn't really sounds like the real GT500.
http://gta-worldmods...0df56be1a58cd84
Do you think this is beyond the filesize limit? If yes, I might try it smile.gif

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

Good to see sound being modded, I despise the generic sounds GTAIV provides us with.

Perhaps you could make something generic as well, a note such as this would be amazing to hear from any muscle car in IV.

Costar
  • Costar

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:10 AM Edited by Costar, 02 December 2009 - 02:16 AM.

It sounds ok, better than original I guess.. Speaking of Shelby sound (the one in "I am Legend" rocks!) I would LOVE one that is like the old Cobra colgate.gif

Some authentic sounds for the exotics would be nice, like maybe a Modena for SuperGT and Superleggra for Infernus.

I was hoping someone clever enough would find a way to alter sounds smile.gif I've only recently seen one b4 this one, it was of diff police sirens, snded good.

So where can we see this tut / a list of tools arbitrarymobster ?

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Costar @ Dec 2 2009, 02:10)
It sounds ok, better than original I guess.. Speaking of Shelby sound (the one in "I am Legend" rocks!) I would LOVE one that is like the old Cobra colgate.gif

Some authentic sounds for the exotics would be nice, like maybe a Modena for SuperGT and Superleggra for Infernus.

I was hoping someone clever enough would find a way to alter sounds smile.gif I've only recently seen one b4 this one, it was of diff police sirens, snded good.

So where can we see this tut / a list of tools arbitrarymobster ?

Yeah we really need a tutorial how you did it i want to make my own loadingscreen music. If you can show us how we would be very thankful, The Tutorial of 5050gs isnt really helpful chinese too sad.gif

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:59 AM

@Rob.Zombie; I dont think you'll be able to use sounds from San Andreas. They are handled very differently in that game. You 'll have to find your own somewhere or from another game. I think NFS shift has that sound in it.

@Drunk Russian 9; I agree, that is a great sound. Unfortunately it's not a useable sound clip. The sound needs to be steady so it can loop. This is part of the reason why it's rather difficult to first find a good clip and then get it to work in the game.

@Costar; Thanks...I guess. As mentioned above, I first set out to recreate an 'authentic' sound only to find out that it is, at the very least, impractical if not impossible to recreate. The game applies its own equalization effects which completely distort the raw data. Only very few sounds will still hold some of their original quality and be able to be used. The tut can be googled and the tools are listed in the first post in this thread.

@Zerofreeze; The tutorial worked for me. I had to watch it several times and pause it frequently while I figured out what exactly he was doing. Although its not in english you can still see what he is doing. If you get stuck on something or have any specific questions just ask. I also have replied to your PM.

Dragonov
  • Dragonov

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

this is a real cool subtile musle car sound ^^

AVVvU
  • AVVvU

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Nov 28 2009, 22:53)
NICE, it sounds really raw and badass just like a real muscle car cool.gif
BTW here is the video: CLICK ME! icon14.gif

The sound in the vid is annoying.

Here is a realistic sound from a Dogde Challenger (from Simbin's Race-On, the most realistic drive-game) =>

Dogde Challenger Sound

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:28 PM Edited by arbitrarymobster, 06 December 2009 - 05:29 PM.

@Dragonov; Thank you. That's exactly what my aim was in creating the mod. I wanted it to fit in with the rest of the sounds in the game. What do you think of this one for the 4 cylinder sport cars?

@AVVvU; Please try to read and understand the contents of my previous posts before commenting; this will prevent you from coming accrossed as being either illiterate or mentally challenged. It also prevents me from having to repeat myself over and over again because that is annoying. I agree with you that that video isn't very good, and also that Simbin knows how to make a simulation. Thank you for sharing that awesome sound, but for the 3rd time I don't try to make authentic sounds, and therefore it isn't fair to judge my work against an authentic sound.

You got what it takes to make a good sound for GTAIV? Go to GTAForums -> GTAModding -> Tutorials and read my tutorial on how to edit ivaud files!

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:38 PM Edited by Drunk Russian 9, 06 December 2009 - 10:41 PM.

Can't you make a generic V8 sound and apply it to all the muscle cars?

T'would also be interesting to hear some supercharged sounds on the supercharged models in the game.

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

There are four ivaud files for all of the musclecars in the game; MUSCLE_CAR_1, MUSCLE_CAR_2, etc. I took a generic v8 engine sound and put it in the MUSCLE_CAR_3 ivaud file which is used by the Dukes, Vigero, Sabre GT, etc. Would you really want all of the others to share the same sound or are you suggesting that I make 3 more generic v8 sounds for the other ivaud files? Today, I have posted a tutorial which tells you exactly how to make your own sounds, why don't you make one for us?

Regarding the supercharger sounds, there is only one turbo sound in the game (if I remember right) which is shared by all cars with either a turbo or a supercharger. If you change it it will apply to all of the cars, and I think that an Eaton supercharger would sound quite silly on a Blista, don't you?

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

• Members

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (arbitrarymobster @ Dec 6 2009, 23:46)
There are four ivaud files for all of the musclecars in the game; MUSCLE_CAR_1, MUSCLE_CAR_2, etc. I took a generic v8 engine sound and put it in the MUSCLE_CAR_3 ivaud file which is used by the Dukes, Vigero, Sabre GT, etc. Would you really want all of the others to share the same sound or are you suggesting that I make 3 more generic v8 sounds for the other ivaud files? Today, I have posted a tutorial which tells you exactly how to make your own sounds, why don't you make one for us?

Regarding the supercharger sounds, there is only one turbo sound in the game (if I remember right) which is shared by all cars with either a turbo or a supercharger. If you change it it will apply to all of the cars, and I think that an Eaton supercharger would sound quite silly on a Blista, don't you?

Where is this tutorial you made biggrin.gif

arbitrarymobster
  • arbitrarymobster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:03 AM Edited by arbitrarymobster, 07 December 2009 - 09:27 PM.

@ zerofreeze; Yeah I didn't count on it taking this long to show up. I uploaded it around lunch time (Eastern Standard Time USA).

OK its up now.

pcnuttienoob
  • pcnuttienoob

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:30 AM

I really wanna add this muscle car to my duke car but i cannot use Spark for some strange reason cuz it won't work. The only software i can use is Open IV. If anyone can help me that would be great! Pm me please!

pcnuttienoob
  • pcnuttienoob

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

I really wanna use these muscle car sounds for my dodge charger ingame BUT i cannot use SPARK IV for some reason cuz it shuts down on me and terminated. I can only use Open Iv and i don't see no replacement option to change the sounds. It would be so much easier if someone made an simple tool to replace those instead of required frameworks to make the apps work. Having real MUSCLE cars sound cool ! Would be funny to use the accurate General Lee sounds in the engine too lol.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

If you haven't noticed, there is already a IVAUD Editor released, just look in the tool section dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users