Photo

[REL|IV] GTA IV Snow Mod V2.0

362 replies to this topic
GalaxyStar
  • GalaxyStar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:02 AM

This mod doesn't work. It's the same like last except tree. Don't download.

perfectpitch
  • perfectpitch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

I'll admit that the first time I tried to download it - it didn't work, but that was GTA garages fault.

I downloaded the whole thing eventually and I got it working... so you've done something wrong if it doesn't work.

M_Nation
  • M_Nation

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:02 AM

I have a suggestion about the whole grass being kicked up while driving and skidding and what not, unless I installed something wrong, then I get the same problem
you could change the texture or whatever it is that is the grass being kicked up, into small white balls, or something that resembles snow being kicked up a little better.. also, I'm not sure if you're finished with this mod, however I don't believe you are, but could you make it so the dirt on the cars is much higher, so the cars look like they have actually been driving through dirty snow, and salt. thanks
also thanks for what you have already released, the tracks alone add a much greater realism affect. keep up the good work, and please continue to work on this mod until it is near perfect! you've done so much already and could do so much more!

GalaxyStar
  • GalaxyStar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:41 PM

The mode is working..... but not full mode. its the same like last version

justinx
  • justinx

THE FORUMS

• Members

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:37 PM

how about the peds?? do they wear sweaters or sumthing?if this is asked sorry...and can you make something that you can change the freezing lvel that you can freeze to death and make cars stop??just asking...

gr8man
  • gr8man

GTA IV Wizard

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

Soon I'll make a fix for the grass being kicked.Before I changed my OS and formatted all my data I had already fixed that,but I forgot to give the file to jumbo0.

M_Nation
  • M_Nation

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (gr8man @ Mar 2 2010, 09:55)
Soon I'll make a fix for the grass being kicked.Before I changed my OS and formatted all my data I had already fixed that,but I forgot to give the file to jumbo0.

Soon as in within a week soon?
anyway, that would be much appreciated
is there a status on any further development done on the mod? or have you stopped working on it? could you keep us updated? please and thank you

jumbo0
  • jumbo0

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:59 PM Edited by jumbo0, 11 March 2010 - 10:07 PM.

QUOTE (M_Nation @ Mar 9 2010, 20:33)
QUOTE (gr8man @ Mar 2 2010, 09:55)

Soon as in within a week soon?
anyway, that would be much appreciated
is there a status on any further development done on the mod? or have you stopped working on it? could you keep us updated? please and thank you

Gr8man is making a fix for it, so he's the one who will release it.

I decided to stop working on the snow mod. But there is still one thing i'll make, thats a stand-alone installer for the snow mod v2.0 via an installer so you don't need to copy hundreds of files...

If anybody can help me with this, because I don't know how to do this. I made one before, but that replaces all .IMG files, so the mod was around 4GB, now I need something that opens Spark IV or something and replaces the files automatically... Anyone?

As I said, this is it for me, I quit here. I'm happy to see what i've made, knowing I'm an amateur, I had fun making it, and I had fun seeing people enjoying it! smile.gif

Feel free to make 'add-ons' for the snow mod, updates or whatever, now it's time for the real good modders to take over, and make this mod GOOD! smile.gif

perfectpitch
  • perfectpitch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

Well man - thanks for the mod so far - it's been great...

If you do end up getting a guy to help make it into one easy install exe file or something - what would also be handy would be for the exe to make a backup of the original textures first before it replaces them with the snow ones - and also gives you an option to revert back to the normal textures.

jumbo0
  • jumbo0

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (perfectpitch @ Mar 13 2010, 00:14)
Well man - thanks for the mod so far - it's been great...

If you do end up getting a guy to help make it into one easy install exe file or something - what would also be handy would be for the exe to make a backup of the original textures first before it replaces them with the snow ones - and also gives you an option to revert back to the normal textures.

Yeah, I can do that!

BTW; is there anyone who can make a GTA IV vehicle for me? It's a firetruck with modified siren. If you can help me, PM me plz! smile.gif

smushpie
  • smushpie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

great I hope this snow mod v2.0 will come out with all bug fixed with cars having snow textures (that is big one) soon smile.gif

jumbo0
  • jumbo0

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

Soon I will start working on a tutorial how to install the snowmod, there is a big ask for it, so... wink.gif

Rascar13
  • Rascar13

GTA V lover

• Members

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (jumbo0 @ Apr 14 2010, 22:30)
Soon I will start working on a tutorial how to install the snowmod, there is a big ask for it, so... wink.gif

That'd be great smile.gif Might solve the problem i described to you in PM. I suspect i installed it somehow wrong turn.gif

dj jazzy death
  • dj jazzy death

Baked. Fresh. Everyday. Doughboii

• Members

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

what happened to the fix for the grass being kicked up instead of snow or nothing biggrin.gif ?

GalaxyStar
  • GalaxyStar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

Dead? sad.gif

JJCribbins
  • JJCribbins

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

So does this mod require manual installation, or does the latest version come with a .exe which also makes backups of original files? If not, how difficult is it to install manually?

Also, is it possible to install V2.0 straight away, or do I need both V1.0 and V1.1 beforehand?

Finally, is this mod compatible with the ENB Series and VisualIV?

This mod looks great, but I don't want it to create problems running the game. Answers are much appreciated, ta!

xvampire
  • xvampire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

can anyone please tell me if this mod is out yet and where can I download it?

xvampire
  • xvampire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

someone please reply to my previous post pretty please? I'd really like to have this mod. smile.gif

rotan
  • rotan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

Awesome mod thanks!!

How can I make it snow 24/7? Or at least more frequently?

Eckos2501
  • Eckos2501

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (xvampire @ Aug 25 2010, 21:25)
someone please reply to my previous post pretty please? I'd really like to have this mod. smile.gif

look at the first page

Harout
  • Harout

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

Looking forward for the v2 !

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

v2 is already release, nice useless bump post.

Harout
  • Harout

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

Really ? All the download links are "v1"

beatsta2
  • beatsta2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Harout @ Sep 17 2010, 14:39)
Really ? All the download links are "v1"

Please disregard his post, he's obviously retarded and won't help you beyond giving you useless info.

However, indeed: The mod is already released. The OP forgot to edit his post so you don't see it up, but this is the link in his sig - here

Harout
  • Harout

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:10 PM

Oh I see, thank you beatsta2 !

Nevakonaza
  • Nevakonaza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

Id like to say a big thanks to everyone who put time and effort into making this mod,Looks awesome from the screenshots.

However,The instructions are too complicated in this mod,You have to put all sorts of files everywhere confused.gif

Someone should make an installer version that puts all the appropriate files where they need to go,it would be so much easier!

Theres a program called "CreateInstall FREE" that allowas you to create installers smile.gif ...just something to consier and make everyone very happy!

general_solomon
  • general_solomon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for all your efforts on this wonderful mod. I just love everything snow and it looks awesome.

How do i keep it snowing. I have the weather cheat activated. I just want it to snow all the time. which setting do i use?

I also would love to see accumulation on the ground as wells a blizzard mod. where its heavy snow.

again, thanks for all the effort put into this.

one more thing. did i need to install version 1.1 before installing 2.0? if not please advise.

thanks a bunch

gen. solomon

Kahega12
  • Kahega12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

Sorry if this seems like a dumb comment; however, I've finally gotten the Snowmod v2.0 to "work" after lots of effort (had a hard time downloading, errors, etc.). And I'm really excited to play, and I can play; however, I'm still having grass kick up when I accelerate hard in the game. I first tried it with my other mods, and then without my other mods, and both times I have grass getting kicked up by the vehicles. I really even looked around in the vehicles.img to find a texture to replace myself to fix the problem, and I can't find anything.

Can someone please help me solve this problem?

Thanks!

But other than that, I agree, this is one of the best things that has ever happened to my GTA4.

general_solomon
  • general_solomon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Kahega12 @ Nov 3 2010, 23:52)
Sorry if this seems like a dumb comment; however, I've finally gotten the Snowmod v2.0 to "work" after lots of effort (had a hard time downloading, errors, etc.). And I'm really excited to play, and I can play; however, I'm still having grass kick up when I accelerate hard in the game. I first tried it with my other mods, and then without my other mods, and both times I have grass getting kicked up by the vehicles. I really even looked around in the vehicles.img to find a texture to replace myself to fix the problem, and I can't find anything.

Can someone please help me solve this problem?

Thanks!

But other than that, I agree, this is one of the best things that has ever happened to my GTA4.

I noticed this as well. maybe its got something to do with traction. I am just learning about how modding works, so we will have to wait on a experience modder.

I have a question as well, is there a way to make the snow flakes bigger as well as keeping snowing until i turn it off with the weather cheat?

striker556
  • striker556

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

Please help me when i drive grass is being kicked out of snow. How to fix it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users