» «
Photo

Conversion Weapons pack GRIM for GTA_IV

1,674 replies to this topic
r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:45 AM Edited by r.schuindt, 24 July 2010 - 04:48 AM.

QUOTE (bonaventura @ Jul 24 2010, 04:40)
okay thx

then what i must doing for file grimpack v1??because i was installed at my computer i get fatal error.thx

sorry, I do not understand it ...
you're wondering what to do with the files from v1, which you already have installed on your gta, before installing the v2???
you made no bkp?
or can not remember which lines or files you have installed?

bonaventura
  • bonaventura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:29 AM

i dont made bkp

so i must unsinstall gta 4 before i install grimpack v2.0?
thx

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (bonaventura @ Jul 24 2010, 05:29)
i dont made bkp

so i must unsinstall gta 4 before i install grimpack v2.0?
thx

if you can not recover, or just replace the correct files, uninstall and reinstall ...

bonaventura
  • bonaventura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:15 AM Edited by bonaventura, 24 July 2010 - 07:16 AM.

okay im going try thx
maybe you have video tutorial?because im scare i wrong again huff
thx

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (bonaventura @ Jul 24 2010, 06:15)
okay im going try thx
maybe you have video tutorial?because im scare i wrong again huff
thx

video tutorial to install, this simple mod?
Forget ...

bonaventura
  • bonaventura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:42 AM

at the folder grip pack have option weapon pack 1 ,2,or 3?im just can choose only 1?or all?thx then weapon .xml for what?help me thx sorry ^^

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (bonaventura @ Jul 25 2010, 01:42)
at the folder grip pack have option weapon pack 1 ,2,or 3?im just can choose only 1?or all?thx then weapon .xml for what?help me thx sorry ^^

Excuse me ... but you read the readme??
hope you find someone to have "patience" to help you ...
good luck!

WodzuUK
  • WodzuUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

How do you install this bloody mod? A tut would be really useful... and don't say things like
Forget ...
cause it isn't easy to install

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:02 PM Edited by r.schuindt, 19 August 2010 - 09:13 PM.

QUOTE (WodzuUK @ Aug 19 2010, 20:55)
How do you install this bloody mod? A tut would be really useful... and don't say things like
Forget ...
cause it isn't easy to install

the tutorial is in a file called README...
within the package!
turn.gif

EDIT: for those who are too lazy to look for the README file, for VERSION 2.0:
CODE

Installation: Weapons

Choose your desired weapon and substitute the indicated.
Note: Use the  equivalent animation for every weapon available in this package. If you do not replace the animation as well, positioning failures will happen!

Example:

Replacing IV's desert eagle ...
1 - with SparkIV, go to: gta4/pc/models/cdimages/weapons.img
and replace the w_eagle, the model contained in this package!
2 - again, with the SparkIV, go to: gta4/pc/anim/anim.img
and replace the gun @ deagle, the file contained in the same folder as the template w_eagle!

Example 2:

Replacing TLAD's cz75 ...
1 - with SparkIV, go to: eflc/tlad/pc/models/cdimages/weapons_e1.img
and replace the w_e1_cz75, the model contained in this package!
2 - again, with the SparkIV, go to: eflc/tlad/pc/anim/anim.img
and replace the gun @ cz75, the file contained in the same folder as the template w_e1_cz75!

Example 3:

Replacing TBOGT's 44amag ...
1 - with SparkIV, go to: eflc/tbogt/pc/models/cdimages/weapons_e2.img
and replace the w_e2_44amag, the model contained in this package!
2 - again, with the SparkIV, go to: eflc/tbogt/pc/anim/anim.img
and replace the gun @ 44th, the file contained in the same folder as the template w_e2_44amag!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To complete the installation of weapons, you must specify the .xml file of your game ...

Choose the .xml specification corresponding to your weapon changed!

Beware, this part needs full attention! If there is any mistake, the game will not work.

////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////////////////

Installation: Script for the MP5 flashlight operation

Initially you need to choose one of the models on this package!

The model-light_1.wdr, is indicated for powerful computers, because this model has a flag effect during the night, requiring much of your video card, the effect of the focus flag light, which is only seen at night!

The model-light_2.wdr has no such effect on light flag, best displayed on computers with low memory.

1 - now the files flashlight.asi and flashlight.ini file should be placed in the main directory of your game ...
WARNING: The flashlight.ini file is pre configured for model light_1.wdr be used with the w_mp5 press TAB key to on or off the flashlight, if you are using the sjaak327 trainer, you need to disable the TAB key in the sjaak327's trainer.ini , or there will be conflict in the trainer and the flashlight will not work ...
2 - Inside the game, select the gun mp5, and press TAB, to switch on /off  flashlight, anytime!
Note: The file flaslight.ini is 100% configurable, but beware!

////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////////////////

Installation: Hockey mask

1 - Get the hokeymask.img files, and file hokeymask.ide contained in this package, and put in the folder: gta4/pc/data/maps/props/lev_des or eflc/pc/data/maps/props/lev_des, depending on the game you will use ...
2 - now you need to add a few lines written for the game recognizes your models ... go to: gta4/common/data or eflc/common/date ... gta.dat open the file and add it at end of file

#
#  adds
#
IDE platform:/DATA/MAPS/PROPS/LEV_DES/HOKEYMASK.IDE

3 - now open the file: images.txt and add it at end of file

#adds
platformimg:/data/maps/props/lev_des/hokeymask 1

4 - now you need the sjaak327's trainer, to use the 5 hockey masks contained in this package ... trainer.ini open the file, or trainertlad.ini file, or file trainertbogt.ini ... and look for:
/ / Saved (Attached) Objects / / you will use the 10 slots on the trainer to spawn the masks ...
5 - in the package folder: BigPack_GRIM is GTA4andEFLC/HokeyMask, has a text file, named "coords is hokeymask"
here are the specifications for each player posicionament: Niko, Luis, and Johnny ... at end of file, also has the identification number hash for each hokeymask ...
6 - set up and save!
7 - now within the game, choose menu object spawning/attached objects loadsave menu/load attached object to player slot1...10

////////////////////////////////////////////////// ////////////////////////////////////////////////// ////////////////////////

GGRIM's Weapon Packs in GTA IV v2.0

This is the topic with all of GRIM's weapons for GTA San Andreas, converted to GTA IV by R. Schuindt.

The final release will feature:
Beta test (by fullmetal, EduardKoeleJuck and R. Schuindt)
Final test (by GRIM)
Help in spec and bump maps (by Quechus13)
Creation of the spec and bump maps (by R. Schuindt)
Effect creation for flashlight (by Quechus13 and R. Schuindt)
Custom weaponinfo.xml (by EduardKoeleJuck and MadcapSmoky22)
Custom HD weapon icons (by EduardKoeleJuck and GRIM)
Custom HD HudSnipers (by Rolly)
Script for turn on/off flashlight(by Sjaak327)

A collection of beautiful weapon models and textures by GRIM, all converted by R. Schuindt

a big thanks to my friend AlexLB by video, and helping ...

[email protected]
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=433885&st=0

R.Schuindt_
Have fun!

monocle.gif

WodzuUK
  • WodzuUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:45 PM Edited by WodzuUK, 19 August 2010 - 11:52 PM.

Rightoo... but where should I place the .xml files?

Ohh and one more question, can I use the aks from weapons pack 2 with M16A2 from weapon pack 3 without any conflicts? As both of them use [email protected] file

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (WodzuUK @ Aug 19 2010, 23:45)
Rightoo... but where should I place the .xml files?

Ohh and one more question, can I use the aks from weapons pack 2 with M16A2 from weapon pack 3 without any conflicts? As both of them use [email protected] file

turn.gif

ok, I should have the same patience, nobody has to know how to use a simple mod ...

here goes!

for weapons, gta4 (including eflc common files):
on Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data, open the file: WeaponInfo.xml with notepad, search for the weapon that you are modifying, and replace the lines provided by this package ...
or Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City\common\data, open the file: WeaponInfo.xml with notepad, search for the weapon that you are modifying, and replace the lines provided by this package ...

for weapons, exclusive for TLAD:
go to Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City\TLAD\common\data, open the file: WeaponInfo.xml with notepad, search for the weapon that you are modifying, and replace the lines provided by this package ...

for weapons, exclusive for TBoGT:
go to Grand Theft Auto IV - Episodes From Liberty City\TBoGT\common\data, open the file: WeaponInfo.xml with notepad, search for the weapon that you are modifying, and replace the lines provided by this package ...

and yes, u can use the aks from weapons pack 2 with M16A2 from weapon pack 3 without any conflicts! all [email protected], or gun@cz75, or gun@m249, or gun@p90, or etc... animations that are dirname with the same name are the same!

any other questions?
whatsthat.gif mercie_blink.gif

WodzuUK
  • WodzuUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

Cheers it works perfectly, brilliant job mate

KilliH!
  • KilliH!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hi there please forgive my unfamiliarity with things I swear Im not trying to frustrate you and Im super grateful for the hard work youve guys have put in. Stellar job!

When I try to open the .xml file in notepad it is encoded. IE cant read it either. Is there a step I am missing?

Thank you in advance. How do I open it so i can cut and paste the weapon changes.

I wish you guys had an .exe with pictures, like a mod enabler, to install this for dummies like me. cryani.gif

Jason

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (KilliH! @ Aug 25 2010, 16:39)
Hi there please forgive my unfamiliarity with things I swear Im not trying to frustrate you and Im super grateful for the hard work youve guys have put in. Stellar job!

When I try to open the .xml file in notepad it is encoded. IE cant read it either. Is there a step I am missing?

Thank you in advance. How do I open it so i can cut and paste the weapon changes.

I wish you guys had an .exe with pictures, like a mod enabler, to install this for dummies like me. cryani.gif

Jason

update your eflc ...
with the upgrade, all files will be decrypted, decoded ...

KilliH!
  • KilliH!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

thank you kindly sir

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

just a fad, which I find interesting to share here on this topic ...
the trainer by sjaak327, has a new option to attach objects to pedestrians, and bodyguards ...
see some photos, this new option trainer for hokeymask grim:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

you can download the new version of the trainer here:

http://www.gtaforums...pic=392973&st=0
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5646

I got new coordinates, only for: ig_luis2 and ig_johnny2

to ig_jhonny2:

x=0.0599997
y=0.0509997
z=0
qx=-0.55
qy=1.575
qz=-0.607003
Model=xxxxxxxxxx
PedBone=1205

to ig_luis2:

x=0.0699997
y=0.001
z=0
qx=-0.55
qy=1.575
qz=-0.564996
Model=xxxxxxxxxx
PedBone=1205

Should you wish to use the masks of grim, other pedestrians, you will have to seek a new location for the perfect fit ...
cool.gif icon14.gif

zwaailicht
  • zwaailicht

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:28 PM Edited by zwaailicht, 30 August 2010 - 02:11 PM.

when I press tab to enable flashlight on mp5, my game crashes....
i don't know what to do now sad.gif

i haven't do this: 3 - with all the exported files, now you will create a new file with OpenIV, select the function "IMG archive (version: 3)" weapons.img name it and save it: gta4/pc/models/cdimages or eflc/pc/models/cdimage ... add all the files that you exported previously, also adding the two files: light_1.wdr and light_2.wdr ... and save it!

(in the readme how to install)

i don't know how to create a new file...

r.schuindt
  • r.schuindt

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (zwaailicht @ Aug 30 2010, 13:28)

i haven't do this: 3 - with all the exported files, now you will create a new file with OpenIV, select the function "IMG archive (version: 3)" weapons.img name it and save it: gta4/pc/models/cdimages or eflc/pc/models/cdimage ... add all the files that you exported previously, also adding the two files: light_1.wdr and light_2.wdr ... and save it!

you're with v1 of the package ...
download version 2, the first topic, it is not necessary to add the files: light_1.wdr and light_2.wdr

zwaailicht
  • zwaailicht

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:44 PM Edited by zwaailicht, 04 September 2010 - 06:20 PM.

QUOTE (r.schuindt @ Aug 30 2010, 16:32)
QUOTE (zwaailicht @ Aug 30 2010, 13:28)

i haven't do this:    3 - with all the exported files, now you will create a new file with OpenIV, select the function "IMG archive (version: 3)" weapons.img name it and save it: gta4/pc/models/cdimages or eflc/pc/models/cdimage ... add all the files that you exported previously, also adding the two files: light_1.wdr and light_2.wdr ... and save it!

you're with v1 of the package ...
download version 2, the first topic, it is not necessary to add the files: light_1.wdr and light_2.wdr

ok thank you, i have do that, but the game crashes when i press tab sad.gif
what now?

WolvenWolf
  • WolvenWolf

OMG They killed Kenny!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

Hey r.schuindt man, i have a question. Is it possible to have an external script (.asi or .net) for the hockey mask and/or weapons so we can attach them to the player without using the trainer? This is an awesome job, but i rather not using the trainer.

CrowbarRX
  • CrowbarRX

Judgment Day is Inevitable

• Members

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:18 AM Edited by CrowbarRX, 09 October 2010 - 03:53 AM.

Absolutely brilliant conversions, they look awesome...slight problem on my end though..

using pack 2.0, as soon as i shoot the M9 the game locks up, for no explainable reason. Followed all instructions, everything should be good, but i have no idea what the hell is wrong with the pistol!

edit: after more extensive testing, its only one or two weapons that appear to be causing problems, but i can't pinpoint. weaponinfo.xml with just the pistol works fine, but if i started adding more it seems to start causing the "on shot freeze" bug. No idea. any help would be appreciated, if anyone knows of any slight glitches.

another question, is there any way to get the weapons in cutscenes? i noticed the models in cutprops.img are just already textured models, could replacing the .wdr and adding the wft renamed work? or would that wind up just being untextured weaponry?

edit 2: entirely possible to add into cutscenes, just need a program to insert textures and whatnot into the model file....so...zmodeler basically...not a bad idea if theres a pack 3 though, cutscene props so instead of holding a cheap glock its the actual gun you insert. just an idea.

GTA C13
  • GTA C13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

I'm having a problem with the m9 too. Right now, I have it replacing the desert eagle, and I want to use the pistol animation, so it doesn't look like the kickback is so large, but my game crashes when I aim with it. It works just fine with the deagle animation though. Also, I like the Glock too much to replace it with the m9. Here is the current line I am using:
<weapon type="DEAGLE">
<data slot="HANDGUN" firetype="INSTANT_HIT" damagetype="BULLET" group="PISTOL_LARGE" targetrange="45.0" weaponrange="50.0" clipsize="15" ammomax="1500" timebetweenshots="333">
<damage base="25" networkplayermod="3.0" networkpedmod="1.0"/>
<physics force="50.0"/>
<reload time="2000" fasttime="2000" crouchtime="2000"/>

<aiming accuracy="0.5">
<offset x="0.15" y="1.0" z="0.55"/>
<crouchedoffset x="0.2" y="1.0" z="0.05"/>
<reticule standing="0.65" ducked="0.55" scale="0.2"/>
</aiming>

<pickup regentime="120000" ammoonstreet="30"/>

<controller>
<rumble duration="110" intensity="0.02"/>
</controller>

<flags>
<flag>GUN</flag>
<flag>CAN_AIM</flag>
<flag>ANIM_RELOAD</flag>
<flag>CAN_FREE_AIM</flag>
<flag>ANIM_CROUCH_FIRE</flag>
</flags>
</data>

<assets model="w_eagle">
<anim group="gun@deagle" meleegroup1="firearm_core"/>
<effects>
<muzzle fx="muz_pistol_small"/>
<shell fx="weap_ejected_pistol"/>
</effects>
</assets>
</weapon>
What do I have to change for it? Thanks for any help.

RobZombie
  • RobZombie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

Flashlight mod gived me 3 times ZLIB20 fatal error ;/ but weapons are AWESOME!, Deagle got soo mutch punch, and looks great.

Amazing is that these weapons looked great in SA, but here they looks more than.. well there is no word in any language that will say how this rocks!

Coldkilla
  • Coldkilla

GTA Film Director

• Members

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

I want the flashlight to work, but when I hit TAB - the game crashes. I turned off Simple Trainer prior to hitting it.

This is how I installed it:
FlashLight.asi >> GTA4 Main Directory
FlashLight.ini >> GTA4 Main Directory
w_mp5.wdr >> SparkIV >> pc\models\cdimages\weapons.img >> Import >> Rebuild >> Save.
w_mp5.wtd >>  SparkIV >> pc\models\cdimages\weapons.img >> Import >> Rebuild >> Save.
[email protected] >> SparkIV >> pc\anim\anim.img >> >> Import >> Rebuild >> Save.
mp5.txt >> Notepad >> Open WeaponInfo.xml >> Replace official MP5 Lines with mp5.txt lines >> Save.

I turned the game on, turned OFF Native Trainer, pulled out the MP5, hit TAB, the game crashed.

Game version 1.0.7. I do not own the DLCs.

Tips?

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:26 PM

I have bad news for all!

r.schuindt left the GTA modding scene, he got a full-time job and lost his interest with modding and all those stuff...
He told me he'll be back just after the GTA V release for PC! LOL

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

That sucks....
anyone still having some problems? I can help I think, as long as it will be possible...
@GTAC13
We won't help you with your own editing man, but you can't just swap the animation in the xml file, you need to edit default.ide and animgrp.dat too.
@guys having problems with the MP5 light
er, no ideas why it doesn't works for yous. I just dropped the files in my main folder, using 1.7 they work with no probs...check your asi loaders.
And btw, I'm using Simple Trainer (altough without keys enabled yo) and have no probs with that script...

And I just checked and some of you guys are rite, the weapon stats can make the game crash (some only), it's either mine or Eddie's fault, please tell me what weapon stats are making problems and I will, make a new versions of stats for you guys...

CrowbarRX
  • CrowbarRX

Judgment Day is Inevitable

• Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:14 PM Edited by CrowbarRX, 11 November 2010 - 01:16 PM.

the lockup problem i discovered a while ago is caused by one simple problem in a config for one of the weapons, go through your WeaponsInfo.xml and you'll see:

<flags>
<flag>GUN</flag><
<flag>CAN_AIM</flag>

notice after </flag> theres a <, delete it, THATS the problem, the games having a mental because its technically an opened tag. See if that helps to everyone with the M9 lockup

*note: may not look exactly like that, used it as an example, but the </flag>< will be there, might be the rocket launcher or one of the later weapons

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

'Kay man, I'll check it out and try to release a fixed weaponinfo xmls ASAP.

AVVvU
  • AVVvU

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (AlexLB @ Nov 10 2010, 15:26)
I have bad news for all!

r.schuindt left the GTA modding scene

Bad new?? Its a good one!

AlexLB
  • AlexLB

Thug