Quantcast

» «
Photo

Poll about awareness

9 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think that, because GTA 1&2 can be downloaded for free, it will mean that people will stop complaining about graphics, when they see how good the gameplay is? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that, because GTA 1&2 can be downloaded for free, it will mean that people will stop complaining about graphics, when they see how good the gameplay is?

1. Yes, of course, who couldn't fall in love with top down after playing these games? (14 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

2. No, it'll take much more than 2 whole free games for these b******ds around here to quit whining about graphics. (24 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote
scunnysmith
  • scunnysmith

CraazyMootherFoocker

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

Do you think the fact that Rockstar have released these two amazing games for free on PC, that it could help spread awareness of the Gameplay>Graphics arguement.

As they dont have to pay to experience it firsthand!

Maybe, it would stop people complaining about Chinatown Wars being a top-down 2D sh*t game (and none of those are true).

Your thoughts, if anyone still glances towards theses parts of the forumsa anymore :\

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

I don't mind the graphics. I mean they are ugly but it's an old game and I just play it for nostalgia's sake now. I prefer the newer titles (of course) but I play this to remember the good old days. Maybe I'll be doing the same with GTAIV in about 10 years.

VforV
  • VforV

Not. F*cking. Funny.

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

I think they'll just keep whining about it.

Also, GTA 1, London and 2 aren't 2D! They are 3D, but just in top-down. Only cars and peds are 2D. I love to watch the GTA2 city in the level editor, as you can see things from a view like in GTA3 etc. tounge.gif Someone should make a mod so you can play GTA2 in GTA3-style. xD

GTA1 is rather boring but that's because I started with GTA2 and GTA2 is a big improvement compared to GTA1.

Juicefani11
  • Juicefani11

NoMemberTitle

• Members

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

New gamers will never stop complaining about older games graphics. Sad. sad.gif

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

i dont think the graphics are too bad

as for gameplay, ill take gta 1 and 2 over any of the new gta games, i just like them better and thus, have never stopped playing them

the new gtas are good...but not as good i rekon

Icarus
  • Icarus

Orthonormal

• The Connection

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

No matter what, as the graphics get better, people will whine about the previous graphics. Hell, in a few years when the PS4 or YBox (or whatever the new ones will be called) come out and have even better graphics, people will start saying how crappy the graphics were for PS3 and XBox 360. You just can't please the masses.

Honestly, though, I never played the original Grand Theft Auto game for the graphics; I played it for the fun because at the time, it was fresh and exciting (not to mention when I was still in school, we used to go to the computer lab at lunch and set up LAN to play). I should actually download it from R*'s website and play it again since it's been so long.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Icarus. @ Jul 25 2010, 17:28)
No matter what, as the graphics get better, people will whine about the previous graphics. Hell, in a few years when the PS4 or YBox (or whatever the new ones will be called) come out and have even better graphics, people will start saying how crappy the graphics were for PS3 and XBox 360. You just can't please the masses.

Honestly, though, I never played the original Grand Theft Auto game for the graphics; I played it for the fun because at the time, it was fresh and exciting (not to mention when I was still in school, we used to go to the computer lab at lunch and set up LAN to play). I should actually download it from R*'s website and play it again since it's been so long.

How can you not love the old top down GTA games? They're so fun and that's where it all began. I used to love playing lan with my buddies. I to this day don't know if I've ever even beat the game. I think I may have, but I'm not sure. And like Icarus said, your never going to be able to please everyone so screw em.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

The people who bitch about the graphics probably wouldn't bother playing them regardless. Most people think all the controversy surrounding the franchise only started with III but I actually bought GTA 1 because I heard it might get pulled from the shelves & I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I've been a fan ever since.

silentsharklol
  • silentsharklol

Bianco Crime Family

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

Unfortunatley, i dont think people will stop being dumbasses when it comes to graphics. seriousley, i saw one person who said the classics should never have been made. If the classics hadnt been made, then neither would the preivious and new era games have been made. and on top of it all how is chinatown wars sh*t? its graphics are very good and its better than both gta 3 and vc, IMO

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Speaking as a guy who has played the III-era games before trying these 2, I'd have to say that I understand precisely why these games were so much popular in their times. I absolutely love GTA2 and would even place it on par with GTA3 (please don't kill me). I haven't touched the story and I'm still enjoying collecting tokens to unlock the bonus levels, earning money from the bonuses (Expeditious Execution being my favorite) and stealing Special Agent cars to deliver them to the crushers and earn gang respect icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif . The impossible-on-the-PC K/Fs are my only complaint about the game. Still GTA2, by far, is the only GTA where I've truly enjoyed creating mayhem. GTA1, however, is kind of a mixed bag for me. I'll have to say that its my least favorite GTA, maybe because I made the mistake of playing GTA2 first confused.gif . I like it still and am currently on the final section (Vice City-2) but I think I made the right decision by wanting to complete this before attempting GTA2's story missions. Unfortunately, I can't say that I speak for the majority. I wish I could because I realize how awesome these games are, despite their short-comings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users