Photo

100% completion

16 replies to this topic
Pete Vance
  • Pete Vance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

Is it possible to get 100% completion on San Andreas if you used cheats after getting through the story part of the game?

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:30 AM

I think if you used a cheat code, it will leave your percentage at 99.9.

WreckageGTA
  • WreckageGTA

Thanks for looking at me. :3

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:07 AM Edited by girishb, 21 November 2009 - 07:32 AM.

lol

No one word posts please. First and last reminder. - girishb

Master Mind
  • Master Mind

shot caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:16 AM

Don't post only one word in your post. Mods will get mad at it.

OT: You can cheat to have 100%. But for some peoples some cheats nust not be entered or they won't have 100%.

Pete Vance
  • Pete Vance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

Is this cheat for all consoles?

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (kamuran @ Nov 21 2009, 14:30)

Don't post if you don't know for sure.

@OP: Depending on the cheats you have used, you can still complete the game 100%
I have a save which i used 14,000+ cheats on and still completed 100% on.
Take a look at this post for more information. The glitch we are referring to in that post is the "Madd Dogg glitch" where he jumps off the roof far too early and you cannot catch him.

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:21 AM

Yes, it happens when you use the Peds Riot cheat (I haven't, thank god). Madd Dogg will jump before the cutscene has even ended, so you don't have any chance to save him, and therefore you can't complete the storyline, and not to talk about how far you are from 100%. If you have this "Madd Dogg glitch", then, unfortunately, all you can do to fix it is start a new game.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:11 PM

ah, dang.

I was going to go searching for !GC!'s post in that topic. But you bet me.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Nov 21 2009, 03:42)
QUOTE (kamuran @ Nov 21 2009, 14:30)

Don't post if you don't know for sure.

@OP: Depending on the cheats you have used, you can still complete the game 100%
I have a save which i used 14,000+ cheats on and still completed 100% on.
Take a look at this post for more information. The glitch we are referring to in that post is the "Madd Dogg glitch" where he jumps off the roof far too early and you cannot catch him.

QFT!

This man is known for being the way he is, which is forthright with it and his integrity is impeccable.

Cheats do not effect your percentage of completion yet they may cause other games glitches like the one mentioned in this post by !!GameCH33TA!!.

His name should tell you everything and he is very 1337.

I, myself, do not use cheats and many of the extra adventure areas beyond normal game play are difficult to out of reach for me because of it so, I only go such places on unsaved games.

The whole issue is rather personal for the 1337.

Some see it as a point of principal yet the other side of this see it as another point of principal because the cheats were put into the game in the first place.

I have decided that on my own unsaved games that it is more like salt for your meal. Salt to taste or rather cheat to taste yet realize that some cheats have consequences.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Nov 22 2009, 04:33)
QFT!

This man is known for being the way he is, which is forthright with it and his integrity is impeccable.

Cheats do not effect your percentage of completion yet they may cause other games glitches like the one mentioned in this post by !!GameCH33TA!!.

lol.gif Thank you, HGF.
I, myself, do not use cheats and many of the extra adventure areas beyond normal game play are difficult to out of reach for me because of it so, I only go such places on unsaved games.

Some see it as a point of principal yet the other side of this see it as another point of principal because the cheats were put into the game in the first place.

I have decided that on my own unsaved games that it is more like salt for your meal.  Salt to taste or rather cheat to taste yet realize that some cheats have consequences.
I can see where you are coming from. Not wanted to use cheats and save with them for fear of messing your game in unknown ways, that is, until you find out what it was that those cheats did.

Fortunately for you, many people have tried and tested every cheat possible in the game, myself included, and have found out the cheat that screws with your game. It is in the post i mentioned earlier. I suspect i dont need to post it again.
Im not going to name the cheat, because although it is the same effect of the cheat, the name of the cheat which has this effect changes over the different platforms so i dont want to confuse anyone.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:48 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 22 November 2009 - 02:35 AM.

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Nov 21 2009, 19:41)
QFT!

Cheats do not effect your percentage of completion yet they may cause other games glitches like the one mentioned in  this post by !!GameCH33TA!!.

lol.gif Thank you, HGF.

I have decided that on my own unsaved games that it is more like salt for your meal.  Salt to taste or rather cheat to taste yet realize that some cheats have consequences.
I can see where you are coming from. Not wanted to use cheats and save with them for fear of messing your game in unknown ways, that is, until you find out what it was that those cheats did.

Fortunately for you, many people have tried and tested every cheat possible in the game, myself included, and have found out the cheat that screws with your game. It is in the post i mentioned earlier. I suspect i dont need to post it again.
Im not going to name the cheat, because although it is the same effect of the cheat, the name of the cheat which has this effect changes over the different platforms so i dont want to confuse anyone.

U-R-D-/V\ λ/V-! icon14.gif

Yeah, buddy.....and for the new people, I have something else to add.

Never, I repeat, NEVER save at Mad Dogg's!

Go through your cheat lists and compare to the massive information on these GTAForums.

I, am not against using cheats in "getting the fun on games" but my saves are according to GTA Walk-Through Guide Makers previous to this incarnation of games and are most influenced from a Vice City Ambulance Walk-Through that stated something simple which I apply to my playing for niche sake and the occasional sh*ts'N'Giiggles.

That phrase is,"All Cheaters Go To Hell", sly.gif tounge2.gif wink.gif ....present company excluded.

With Blue/Grey Hell and the "Heavens" in GTA SA it becomes apparent that the in game terminology of such things is pretty direct and obvious. Yet from the gamer perspective I believe it is more about getting your gamer nuts on by burning it down without cheats for the challenge and thrill of it.

Hell, the cheats are an expected method of exploring beyond the ordinary in this game as YOU !!GameCH33TA!!, and the rest of the 1337 crowd demonstrate and without your doing so then those who would go out and find means of doing the same thing without cheats would be at a total loss because the one scouts the territory for the other.

Cheat manipulation is needed for deep research and what it has provided or the non-cheating methods would undoubtedly be far less than they currently are and some would remain unreachable at all.

Go ahead and take a bow, man...at least for all the experimental cheat users all over this forum and abroad and all the discovery that you have brought us.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy flourishes for an awaited bow.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:50 AM

*Hops on the, "GC is f*cking 1337" bandwagon*

user posted image

I've been making a lot of these lately... lol.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:54 AM

!!GC!! takes a bow and gestures for a handshake with HGF

Thank you, HGF, for you kind words and especially coming from a man i highly respect, means a lot to me.
I, too, suggest not to save at Madd Dogg's mansion because the location of the save diskette, being so close to the basketball mini-game, means that you will no longer be able to play basketball. Saving here as also been linked to the Taxi glitch where no fares will appear, ever.

QUOTE (Benjimino234 @ Nov 22 2009, 17:50)
*Hops on the, "GC is f*cking 1337" bandwagon*
user posted image

lol.gif That's brilliant! Cheers, Ben. I have noticed that you enjoy making these, keep it up icon14.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

HolyGrenadeFrenzy takes !!GameCH33TA!!'s hand firmly and grins while looking him straight in the eye.

"My pleasure and it has been a long time in the coming to you and the rest of the hard core gamers that use the cheats to push the game to greater heights for all of us. I respect you highly as well, my friend. "

"There seems to be a thinning of our kind with the newer Grand Theft Auto games about. Have you noticed? It seems like we could use some more of the old 1337 of GTA SA around, if you know what I mean."

"What do you think of those other proofed vehicles that OrionSR scared up from the Jealous Girlfriends?"

OrionSR's Discovery

"Even a cheating method of acquiring that BD/EP/FP/DP Savanna would be choice."

-----------------------------------------

How many of these particular types of threads have we seen anyway?

-------------------------------------------

So, to the rest of you, get your 100%, and then start a new game before it hurts your skillz.

Maybe, try rubregg's 4 star guide for size and then System Error's Guide to Unique Vehicles.

Maybe take on the Miinimal Kill Challenge for a change of pace.

Don't forget The GTA SA Record Book by !!GameCH33TA!! , either!

I realize that this thread was about whether or not cheats effect your game progress and this is all a little OT yet in truth, if you don't know that then leaving a few bread crumbs toward other things is not such a bad idea.

Have fun, crew!

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:45 AM

What?

I never knew about the no fares side glitch. In fact I didn't actually know clearly what actually happens when you save at Madd Dog's mansion.

But have heard of the basketball glitch but I thought it was related to the Gym glitch not Madd Dog's save point. I'm still learning things about San Andreas it's unbelievable!

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (HolyGrenadeFrenzy @ Nov 22 2009, 20:28)
HolyGrenadeFrenzy takes !!GameCH33TA!!'s hand firmly and grins while looking him straight in the eye.

"My pleasure and it has been a long time in the coming to you and the rest of the hard core gamers that use the cheats to push the game to greater heights for all of us. I respect you highly as well, my friend. "

icon14.gif
QUOTE (HGF @ Nov 22 2009, 20:28)
"There seems to be a thinning of our kind with the newer Grand Theft Auto games about.  Have you noticed?  It seems like we could use some more of the old 1337 of GTA SA around, if you know what I mean."
I know exactly what you mean. There are fewer and fewer players like us around. Do you remember players such as bagga rabbit, Bad~Boy#17, Dimrain47, crazyanurag, Shutttlecock? and Mixolydian? They were all extremely talented gamers and taught me a lot.
QUOTE (HGF @ Nov 22 2009, 20:28)

"What do you think of those other proofed vehicles that OrionSR scared up from the Jealous Girlfriends?"

OrionSR's Discovery

"Even a cheating method of acquiring that BD/EP/FP/DP Savanna would be choice."

-----------------------------------------

How many of these particular types of threads have we seen anyway?

-------------------------------------------

So, to the rest of you, get your 100%, and then start a new game before it hurts your skillz.

Maybe, try rubregg's 4 star guide for size and then System Error's Guide to Unique Vehicles.

Maybe take on the Minimal Kill Challenge for a change of pace.

Don't forget The GTA SA Record Book by !!GameCH33TA!! , either!
All very good topics and a lot has been brought to the game by those members in terms of new additions and exciting things to find in the game.
This topic, also deserves a mention because of the things that it helped me accomplished. I'd like to see that up again one day and give me another crack at the record.

QUOTE (Ben @ Nov 22 2009, 20:45)
I never knew about the no fares side glitch. In fact I didn't actually know clearly what actually happens when you save at Madd Dog's mansion.

But have heard of the basketball glitch but I thought it was related to the Gym glitch not Madd Dog's save point. I'm still learning things about San Andreas it's unbelievable!
Indeed. It does happen because of the location of the save diskette. Im sure many topics have been made about what occurs when you save there, Ben. Go check it out.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

Erm, I seem to be a bit lost here. IIRC, the topic was about something else. Praising each other is fine (I don't mind that tounge.gif ) but let's not derail the topic. I'll leave this open in case the OP wants to come back and seek more help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users