Photo

Best Driving Mod?

10 replies to this topic
haints
  • haints

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:53 AM

I'm looking for a driving mod that makes driving more realistic. Ideally it would also increase damage from collisions. I don't like it that I can drive into a brick wall at 50mph and then keep driving without my vehicle becoming at least partly disabled ...

Which driving mod are you using and why? Which do you think is the best?

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:38 AM

How about the mod Realistic Driving? biggrin.gif
Anyway most of smokey's cars includes handling lines made by me, which are also realistic. Be aware that if you crash into the wall at 60 Km/h your car will be totaled. Ofcourse each of my handling has been optimized to the car smokey made, so you'll get a handling that makes the car handle like the Reventón if you download smokey's Reventón. You don't have to use the car, you can use the handling only.

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

I was using killonomates's realistic driving & Flying mod but its weird how all the SUV's tip extra easy and the bus is just well weird its hard to explain what it does and all the rusty cars have this bouncing suspension even when sitting still. That's the only handling mod I've looked into

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

Since SUVs' center of mass in real life is pretty high, that's why they flip in corners. There were so many crashes in real life, because some1 was driving very fast with an SUV. That bouncing suspension is pretty good actually, it trys to represent the rusty strings, and that the car is very old and hasn't been taken care of. My only problem is that he made everything faster, while the police crown vics in real life can only do 0-100 in 8.7 secs his car does it in 6 secs. And I can guarantee if you learn flying with his helicopter handling you'll love it. You can do loops and anything you want...

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

Your right i can understand about the SUV's But those rusty cars should handle just like the original un rusty version it should not be bouncing around when its sitting still its just not "realistic" not to mention the horrible bus problem its got serious issues.

haints
  • haints

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:18 AM

Thanks to both of you for responding!

Rob, I'll check out your mod! I think I have it downloaded already but haven't installed it yet ...

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

Whoa, realistic driving is not mine, it's Killatomate's smile.gif
(if you were talking about handlings for custom cars well that's mine and sry biggrin.gif )

Anyway john, can you tell me what's wrong with the bus? I only have realistic driving 2.0 and the only problem with the bus was that I could drift like a pro biggrin.gif Well actually I can make every car drift, but still, almost no traction, so I updated it a bit. (don't sh*t your pants guys, only for personal use biggrin.gif )

johncs154
  • johncs154

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

The busses suspension is stiff it bounces back and forth on the front and rear wheels. Its just weird.

AVVvU
  • AVVvU

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Nov 20 2009, 11:38)
How about the mod Realistic Driving? biggrin.gif
Anyway most of smokey's cars ...

who is smokey?
Realistic driving mod is made by killatomate.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

Smokey is a converter. He converts car models from *krhm* other games *cough* and I make handlings for him. Here's an example:
http://www.gtagaming...hicle-mods/3833

Anyway john I was using the old realistic driving (2.0) and the only problem was that I could make the bus drift biggrin.gif I don't know it might be a bug, cuz I made a CTS-V handling and when I sent it to my friend he had the same bug. The rear part was bouncing, but he told me that every handling mods acted like that. It works for me though.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (johncs154 @ Nov 21 2009, 20:14)
The busses suspension is stiff it bounces back and forth on the front and rear wheels. Its just weird.

i thout i were the only one having that problem i use the ny city bus and it jumps up and down and has very strange handling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users