• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

Im running....

Processor :Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs),
Memory: 1014 MB Ram
Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Graphics card: 251 MB Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family
Direct X Version: DirectX 11

So the problem i am having is this.... Every time i play vice city i get lag whether it speeds the game up or slows it down. Maybe its vista being its hogging self but i don't really know .

Ive tried disabling superfetch and unwanted services so they don't waste memory but still this occurs. Could it be my specifications that are causing this or something else? But this is the first time this problem has occurred after a new installation because i never had it before this installation.

If you want an example of this lag have a look at one of my videos here. The lag I'm talking about kicks in after 13 seconds and is clearly noticeable.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:35 AM

For one, it is your Video Card-it is Integrated, and plus Intel cards are not as good on Vista as they were on XP. Two, it is recommended that you have at least 2GB RAM on Vista, as Vista typically uses at least 1GB Ram for the OS(I have 3GB, and the PC uses around 1.4 GB RAM without any programs open/running. If you want to play the game more optimally, I would suggest adding another 1GB stick of RAM(that is the cheapest upgrade-around $15-$20 at Wal-Mart), and if you ARE NOT on a laptop, upgrade your Video Card as well-I say if not on a laptop, because you cannot replace a laptop video card as they are soldered in.

But from looking at the video, I don't think it is that bad(nothing you can't deal with, as it is still very playable), it looks A LOT better than what I used to play on on my old XP laptop and Old XO desktop(they only got around 20fps)...

GtaHitmanStrikesBack
  • GtaHitmanStrikesBack

The Hitman

• Members

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Nov 19 2009, 07:35)
For one, it is your Video Card-it is Integrated, and plus Intel cards are not as good on Vista as they were on XP. Two, it is recommended that you have at least 2GB RAM on Vista, as Vista typically uses at least 1GB Ram for the OS(I have 3GB, and the PC uses around 1.4 GB RAM without any programs open/running. If you want to play the game more optimally, I would suggest adding another 1GB stick of RAM(that is the cheapest upgrade-around $15-$20 at Wal-Mart), and if you ARE NOT on a laptop, upgrade your Video Card as well-I say if not on a laptop, because you cannot replace a laptop video card as they are soldered in.

But from looking at the video, I don't think it is that bad(nothing you can't deal with, as it is still very playable), it looks A LOT better than what I used to play on on my old XP laptop and Old XO desktop(they only got around 20fps)...

Ok thanks for the tips. I live in Scotland so i only have asda which is owned by walmart but they don't sell computer hardware.

So ill try around a few pc hardware shops, I might even get 4gb of ram who knows.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

So ill try around a few pc hardware shops, I might even get 4gb of ram who knows.

Just a tip on the RAM upgrade, remember that 32-bit Vista OS's can support a maximum of 4GB Ram, whereas the 64 bit versions can support 4+GB ram-so, if you have a 32-bit OS, you can only add 3GB max(which included with the 1GB you have will equal 4GB), but if on 64-bit you can go 4+.

It might be best to use the web for sites like Wal-Mart.com, and Amazon.com, and Target.com for the cheaper deals-especially if you wait until next Friday(the day after Thanksgiving AKA "Black Friday") when pretty much every store runs super cheap discounts. Just a heads up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users