Photo

f*cking mods are back

139 replies to this topic
DELETEDUSER
  • DELETEDUSER

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

I saw car handling mod, and rocket uzi mod today... Reported both idiots.... Is it me, or are other online games better protected than GTA 4? We need serial bans or modding online if you ask me.

Discuss.

Starik_Chapaj
  • Starik_Chapaj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

+1 dude, reporting these idiots doesnt seem to help. Is it so hard for R* technically to check the reported cheaters and ban them for 1-2 months from multiplayer?

NikoB IV
  • NikoB IV

Cut Here

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

Man I miss the carspawner and teleporter.
I want em back. There's no harm in cheating in freemode.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:21 PM

They are back because the filecheckfix has been updated, so indeed the lame rocket uzi's and heavy cars are back.

To be honest, I do agree, that there is no case of cheating in freemode. I hope car /object /ped spawners can return soon, but the scripthook needs updating and that will take some time in this case, as Rockstar has decided to make it more difficult.

xX No - Remorse Xx
  • xX No - Remorse Xx

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

Oh for christ's sake, mods - again? It felt like I was playing a completely new game when the 5th patch came out. Now people are shooting fully automatic rocket launchers? Screw GTA, go COD6.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

Stop calling them mods.

They are not mods. They are HACKS. Online things are cheats and hacks NOT mods.

Thanks, just wanted to undo some of the damage you could do by using the wrong terms like this.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Nov 16 2009, 20:51)
Stop calling them mods.

Thanks, just wanted to undo some of the damage you could do by using the wrong terms like this.

So since when do you decide what can be called a mod or a hack ?

Some of these mods are quite clever, and provide a whole lot more then just hacks. Of course I am not referring to rpg uzi's and stuff, that's just lame file editing. Unfortunately that's all that works at the moment, thanks to Rockstar obscuring the use of native game commands by scripthook mods. To be honest, it's silly you can't even spawn a car you like at the moment, I reverted back to 1.0.4.0.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:12 PM

They are NOT mods. MODS are a good thing. Mods are Gostown, Myriad Islands, etc. wink.gif

Basically, you're right, great mods out there - but when they are abused, they are hacks. Cheats. Either name is fine, but mods is not a good name for it because we modders don't like cheaters as much as anyone else.

Online = Do Not Use Anything But A Vanilla Game - period - it's not hard to play the game as it was intended, I hope Rockstar starts removing modders from the online game Entirely. Mods have NO BUSINESS being online - in an ONLINE settings, they are hacks, no longer are they mods online, they are hacks and cheats.

Anyway, if anyone comes online while I'm online with mods, you'll be kicked, and that's the message really: kick them, it's that easy now.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Nov 16 2009, 21:12)
They are NOT mods. MODS are a good thing. Mods are Gostown, Myriad Islands, etc. wink.gif

Basically, you're right, great mods out there - but when they are abused, they are hacks. Cheats. Either name is fine, but mods is not a good name for it because we modders don't like cheaters as much as anyone else.

Online = Do Not Use Anything But A Vanilla Game - period - it's not hard to play the game as it was intended, I hope Rockstar starts removing modders from the online game Entirely. Mods have NO BUSINESS being online - in an ONLINE settings, they are hacks, no longer are they mods online, they are hacks and cheats.

Anyway, if anyone comes online while I'm online with mods, you'll be kicked, and that's the message really: kick them, it's that easy now.

Well, I do agree that mods have no business in competetive game modes (like deathmatch), I do however believe that they have a legitimate place in Free and party mode.

The way Rockstar has responded with this latest patch, is that script mods don't work at all (regardless whether online or in SP). And I can only say, that I am pretty angry about that. So much that I don't think I will bother paying a single dollar for their games anymore. For me some of these mods extend the playablitly of the game, without them, the game becomes boring pretty fast.

A simple thing like locking radio station to your favorite station, is just a simple example of someting I now miss.

Murcchachosa
  • Murcchachosa

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:34 PM Edited by Murcchachosa, 16 November 2009 - 09:36 PM.

How the hell could this happen???
Anyone tried the kick feature?
Damn, the mods should only be used in SP.

PecanFrost
  • PecanFrost

Bod Of Tech

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:01 PM

Am I the only one who will be happy when Rockstar find a way to lock out all of these Hacks on-line? An On-line game should always be a level playing ground and if you find that you're really bad at it and other people use you as their bullet store, there's always the single player game to cheat at in your own little bubble.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:45 PM Edited by OutOfTimer, 17 November 2009 - 01:57 AM.

Every single time there's a patch released, we have a thread like this posted a few days later. It's the same old story every f*ucking time.

I was so happy playing multiplayer yesterday 'cause there were no
  • mods
  • hacks
  • cheats
...but today I...
  • got hit in the face with a Rocket UZI
  • was teleported to the top of Rotterdam Tower
  • got killed by a guy with God Mode
  • played a ranked deathmatch and some guy had an immense rifle range
  • played a ranked race and suddenly someone spawned ramps
I hate you f*ucking hackers. Can't you understand you're ruining everybody's game? And it's cheating! You have no skill and I'll report you! Yeah, that's right, you piece-a-s*hit. I'll report you 'cause Micro$oft really gives a damn when a kid reports somebody. And guess what? They banned lots of people already!

Yada yada. I'm tired of listening to this bulls*hit.

Legend286
  • Legend286

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (OutOfTimer @ Nov 16 2009, 22:45)
Every single time there's a patch released, we have a thread like this posted a few days later. It's the same old story every f*ucking time.

I was so happy playing multiplayer yesterday 'cause there were no
  • mods
  • hacks
  • cheats
...but today I...
  • got hit in the face with a Rocket UZI
  • was teleported by some guy on the top of Rotterdam Tower
  • got killed by a guy with God Mode
  • played a ranked deathmatch and some guy had an immense rifle range
  • played a ranked race and suddenly someone spawned ramps
I hate you f*ucking hackers. Can't you understand you're ruining everybody's game? And it's cheating! You have no skill and I'll report you! Yeah, that's right, you piece-a-s*hit. I'll report you 'cause Micro$oft really gives a damn when a kid reports somebody. And guess what? They banned lots of people already!

Yada yada. I'm tired of listening to this bulls*hit.

Get out then.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:00 PM Edited by OutOfTimer, 16 November 2009 - 11:18 PM.

It's so sad to me that you have no respect for mods. Some people try to reason with you and explain things - just like sjaak327 does. But I don't have that much patience. It simply makes me f*ucking furious.

Legend286
  • Legend286

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (OutOfTimer @ Nov 16 2009, 23:00)
It's so sad to me that you have no respect for mods. Some people try to reason with you and explain things - just like sjaak327 does. But I don't have that much patience. It simply makes me f*ucking furious.

Funny really, seen as all people do is complain about mp mods that are only usable in freemode. Yet they're still not fair and blah blah. If you don't like being deathmatched in freemode, get a godmode script or get out and play singleplayer. There's nothing wrong with modding a gamemode that has NO ranking OR GOALS. It's like them idiots who think wiremod ruined Garry's Mod. Idiots.

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Mods: fine, cheats/hacks: no-no.
Screw those hacks and play the game properly. Is it so hard to do? So hard to play fair?

Give everyone even chances, friggin selfish noobs. How would you feel if a newb with godmode kept killing you over and over?

Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (supermortalhuman @ Nov 16 2009, 20:51)
Stop calling them mods.

^This
It was funny madness a while back,on free mode, now its getting old.
Its boring and ridioulous.

endmilled
  • endmilled

Forever Newb

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:33 AM

I still have no sympathy for cheaters, modders hackers, or whatever they prefer to be called. They ruin other people's gaming experience with no respect for those who don't use mods. If you ask them to leave, they get angry and crash the game. I don't care about them one bit any more. No, it's not always fine to use mods in free mode! It would be nice if there was an option to either allow mods or prevent people with mods from joining online games. I wouldn't care so much if the majority of people I've had problems with weren't so whiny and rude.

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Starik_Chapaj @ Nov 16 2009, 15:07)
+1 dude, reporting these idiots doesnt seem to help. Is it so hard for R* technically to check the reported cheaters and ban them for 1-2 months from multiplayer?

Yeah I might agree.

EXCEPT I GET ACCUSED OF CHEATING EVERY DAY.
I guess I would get banned if you guys had your way.
I have no mods of any kind. I don't use god mode, aiming mods or spawn anything, but I get accused of these things all the time. If I wasn't so average a player, this might be laughable. I'd hate to see what people who are really good get accused of.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:49 AM Edited by OutOfTimer, 17 November 2009 - 01:56 AM.

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ Nov 17 2009, 01:31)
I guess I would get banned if you guys had your way. I have no mods of any kind. I don't use god mode, aiming mods or spawn anything, but I get accused of these things all the time. If I wasn't so average a player, this might be laughable. I'd hate to see what people who are really good get accused of.

You will not get banned no matter what you do. Don't worry about it and get back to playing your favourite game. This assumption is not based on theory but rather practice. I assure you there is nothing you can do that was not already done. Furthermore, you will surely not be the first one - in which case we'll quickly post a topic about it so you'll know anyway. In addition, your reputation and amount of complaints you get mean nothing. Just look at your stats and have a good laugh.

ArKTisK
  • ArKTisK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

well, it was fun while it lasted. the only thing we can do is organize ourselves. all of those who want to play online without worry of cheating, should add eachother on games for windows live, and just play private matches. whos with me?

my gamertag is pantsblaster. send me a message if you want to try this approach, as im f*cking sick and tired of being teased with this game.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Legend286 @ Nov 17 2009, 00:21)
Funny really, seen as all people do is complain about mp mods that are only usable in freemode. Yet they're still not fair and blah blah. If you don't like being deathmatched in freemode, get a godmode script or get out and play singleplayer. There's nothing wrong with modding a gamemode that has NO ranking OR GOALS. It's like them idiots who think wiremod ruined Garry's Mod. Idiots.

It is unacceptable to use mods or trainers on any public MP mode. When people join MP they expect to meet people running the same game with the same capabilities. It is totally irrelevant whether there is a goal or if it is ranked. If you wish to use mods or hacks in MP then you will do the decent thing and just use them in PRIVATE modes where everyone agrees to you using them.

As for telling people who are running the game legitimately to "get out and play singleplayer" why the f*ck should they ? They paid for the game and are observing the terms of condition for both the game and GFWL. The same cannot be said for those that mod the game they are breaking the terms of condition for both the game and GFWL.

I am not against mods myself I used EnvMod V5 before the patch and did the honourable thing and stayed out of MP. If you are going to mod your game then either stay out of mp altogether or at least keep your modded games to PRIVATE MP sessions.

gta-man22
  • gta-man22

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:55 AM

Rockstar needs a VAC (valve anti-cheat) like system to combat cheaters.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (gta-man22 @ Nov 17 2009, 03:55)
Rockstar needs a VAC (valve anti-cheat) like system to combat cheaters.

You really need to read up on the fun COD : Modern Warfare 2 users are having with VAC. If you think VAC is going to stop cheaters then you are sorely mistaken (and they can't even kick cheaters). I am afraid it is a sad fact of life that with a p2p online service you are going to get cheaters. If you have dedicated servers sure you will still get cheaters but more can be done to combat them.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Nov 16 2009, 22:27)
If you are going to mod your game then either stay out of mp altogether or at least keep your modded games to PRIVATE MP sessions.

^This

I have no problem with people using mods in sp, or even in private matches where everyone is okay with it in advance. Anyone using mods in ranked matches, or even in free mode with people who'd like to just play the vanilla game and not have friggin tugboats spawning all over, objects in the middle of the road, etc. are just dicks, and I have no sympathy for them.

That said, the idea that a mod becomes a cheat or a hack based on who is using it and when is just a failure to understand how language works. If someone uses a mod in sp after already completing the game to 100%, that's not cheating. If someone uses the same mod in MP in a private game with other people who all want to use it, that's not cheating. If someone uses it in freemode with people who don't want anyone using them, they're dicks, but they're still not cheating. If someone uses it in any ranked/competitive match, or anywhere where it gains them an unfair advantage, they are cheating. They're still cheating with a mod, not a "cheat", because a mod is a mod even if people are being dicks and using it to cheat.

Also, most of the "anti-cheat" systems/schemes Rockstar could implement would be circumvented soon enough anyway. Knowing how these things tend to go, whatever it was would only have a detrimental effect on the people not trying to cheat, as the cheaters would just find a way around it. As it is, the current "reporting" system is via GFWL no? So you can't really blame Rockstar for MS's complete failure to follow up on reports/complaints.

I've also experienced what Captain_Obvis456 mentioned. I've been in races where it seemed like certain other people's cars weighed as much as a tank, and while they might have been cheating, it could also have just been a lag/sync issue. I've also been accused of cheating in MP, even in console games (even games other than IV) where there's no way to cheat. As much as I hate cheaters, I also can't stand those people who assume everyone who beats them, or does something they can't is automatically cheating.

To be honest, I've pretty much given up any hope of IV MP ever being completely free of cheaters. Hell, aside from races, I don't think I've ever been in a match with randoms that didn't have either a cheater, a griefer, or both. confused.gif

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:20 AM

With someone as articulate, to the point and Modly, like CC, the likes of OutofTimer don't reply.

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Nov 17 2009, 02:27)

It is unacceptable to use mods or trainers on any public MP mode. When people join MP they expect to meet people running the same game with the same capabilities. It is totally irrelevant whether there is a goal or if it is ranked. If you wish to use mods or hacks in MP then you will do the decent thing and just use them in PRIVATE modes where everyone agrees to you using them.

As for telling people who are running the game legitimately to "get out and play singleplayer" why the f*ck should they ? They paid for the game and are observing the terms of condition for both the game and GFWL. The same cannot be said for those that mod the game they are breaking the terms of condition for both the game and GFWL.

I am not against mods myself I used EnvMod V5 before the patch and did the honourable thing and stayed out of MP. If you are going to mod your game then either stay out of mp altogether or at least keep your modded games to PRIVATE MP sessions.

Well said Charlie, well said.

I too run ENVmod5 as well as Better City Textures mod and while having no effect on game play beyond my own enjoyment I stay away from MP due to moral reasons. It's unfortunate that more people don't see it that way.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Nov 17 2009, 02:27)

Well, I do know a lot of people, who like to build objects in free mode, and I don't see the slightest thing wrong with it. Neither does Rockstar Toronto apparently, as Aru (creator of the scripthook) did get specific approval from Rockstar Toronto to allow his hook to be run in Free and Party mode, and any LAN mode.

I fail to see, why their pleasure should be less then the pleasure of the likes of you, who keep stating that it should all be vanilla and that whether or not it is a competitive mode is besides the question, as it's simply isn't besides the question. Certainly not if you are talking about cheating.

I do agree that if people are so offended by someone who uses mods, that these people would go to private MP matches.

I for one hardly ever play MP, but if I do, I will have godmode switched on. A few days ago, after a while, two guys kept on killing me with RPG rockets, now I let them have their way, switchted to my other computer, doing some other stuff, got back to the game, and saw they still kept killing me, so I shot one in the head and left. Oh did I miss my godmode, that way, I could simply ignore these guys, as they seem to think that my pleasure is of no consequence.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

I only use the mods when i play with my friends in Free Mode, and they are usefull and fun. I can't wait for the simple trainer to gets compatible with the latest patch.

When it comes to DM's, Races and other modes, i never use them, as it is unfair to people running in infinite health in a DM.

NikoB IV
  • NikoB IV

Cut Here

• Members

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:05 AM

I remember that it was pretty annoying when CEMEH started screwing up the MP.
He used hacks in about every MP mode and crashed the servers with no reason.
In that case I'm against modding/hacking/cheating.

When you use it in Free and Party mode I'm fine with it.
Once I started using a trainer I simply loved it.

If there will be a new trainer I think there shouldn't be Tug boats 'cause they crash the game.
A trainer with carspawning, teleporting and godmode would be fine, if it only works in Free and Party mode.

Now Freemode looks more like DM with every idiot killing you.
It's more fun when everybody is using a trainer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users