» «
Photo

Xmas Bash 2009

114 replies to this topic
The-Exiles
  • The-Exiles

~~Not personal, just professional~~

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:23 PM Edited by The-Exiles, 16 November 2009 - 07:46 PM.

user posted image

user posted imageHello, and welcome to the second ever Exiles Xmas Bash. Last year turned out to be a blast for the 360 Exiles, and we thought it would be a nice idea to share it with the GTA community. This year we are making it public to the whole of the GTAF community. Not only that but we are expanding it the PS3 and PC for the first time! As well as that we will be having brand new games and events this year. The PC side will have modding capabilities to add to the plate, as well as 360's BoGT. This year is looking to be big year for the annual Xmas Bash. Please take some time out to read into the details of the day's events, and consider joining up; a fun time is ahead.

Please note , that this is not an official GTAF Christmas Event, meaning one can still be made. This is merely an Exiles event going public. It will be hosted on GTA IV on all three platforms, with BoGT be included in the 360 side. The event will take place on the 6th December for all platforms at around 6PM GMT.
user posted image

Rooftop Wars:

An event coined by Sellars and gamesguru completely by mistake in a public Freemode is sure to be blast, and that's why we have decided to use this event to open up the evening of GTA IV shenanigans. Basically, two people go to top of the Majestic Building and defend it from the other players. The attackers can only have one pilot on the team, and that pilot can not use their blades. Make sure you give the pilot spot to someone who is not a pro, to make the game fairer. In addition to this the other attackers can only use RPGs. So the objective is to use a helicopter, or get a lift up to a building and try to RPG the defenders off of Majestic. The final rule is that the attackers can not go on the Majestic building itself or the one directly to the right of it (facing north).
user posted image

Festive Destruction:

The next event will be a few derbies, replacing last years 'Car Penalty Shoot-out'. The first derby will be hosted in the Dukes bowl (location). The next round will be hosted in the basketball courts located here, with the only additional rule being that an equal amount of cars start on each court (there are two connected courts). The third and final derby will be held at Helitours, with the only way of falling out of the round is by being knocked into the water, meaning if you stall/explode you can re-spawn as much as you want (mode should be held in race mode). In BoGT Nitrous will be used, meaning that this event will be held in multiple races.
user posted image

I Want Ice Cream:

An event that originates from the AoD (and credit goes to them) is now going to be incorporated into this years Xmas Bash. The rules are that you must finish the race in a Mr.Whoopee to win (races must be held in the industrial area); however, all racers (except the one in the Mr.Whoopee) have the objective of steeling it and also finishing the race with it. So of course, this event will take place in GTA Race. For the 360, we will have to go back into Vanilla IV to make this event work. In addition to this, the race should be set to 3 laps, and the quantity of races will depend on how quickly the races are finished. The people chasing the Mr.Whoopee can only be in a Enforcer or Police Stockade.
user posted image

Police Shoot-outs:

A rather simple event this one. We are going t go into a free-mode and choose specific locations to take out cops and cause immense shootouts. The locations will be decided on the day, but proposed locations are Star Junction and Steinway Beer Garden (excluding the actual bar interior). For Star Junction it would be advised to block areas off with buses for protection, and the shootout should take place directly at the centre of the street (right of Burger Shot). Other than that, it will be up to the participants to choose where they want ot have a shootout, so this is a more community involved part of the Xmas Bash.
user posted image

Curtain Call:

The only event returning from the original 2008 Christmas Bash, and rightfully so. This event is a competitive triathlon race of sorts that has been hosted a few times outside of the actual Xmas Bash. Participants must stock up on M4s as that is the only weapon allowed to be used (AK-47 for the 360 side, due to BoGT). The race starts in the balcony of the Curtain Calls building (location). You can use a bus to climb up into the balcony, but you can not use the bus later on in the race (you will understand why later). The aim now is to raise your wanted level to 4stars, until then, you MUST stay in the balcony. Once you have 4stars, the next part of the race is on. Once you have 4stars you must rush to the top of Dwayne's apartment block (no helicopters allowed), located here. Then you are officially the winner; but in 360 BoGT, the winner is the first to parachute to the ground below.
user posted image

Skeet-Shooting:

Another popular event that has been played numerous times on GTA IV. The aim of the game is to RPG vehicles out of the sky. A group of people will be the 'RPGers', who will be on the ground whilst another group constantly jump off a ramp into the air (the driver must always warn when coming up to and off of the jump). The location is the Alderney, Westdyke car park (location); the drivers will jump off of the top Car Park ramp whilst the RPGers will be located on the road just to the west. Try some buses on for size. This will happen on the 360, we will try and jump 3 buses off at once for gamesguru who will be filming/streaming the event. If any participants have any advice on more locations, we may also try those out on the day if they are good enough.
user posted image

Framed Fun:

The last part of the Xmas Bash will be just a plain Free-mode to cool down after the huge amount of events. However, the leaders of the day (gamesguru - 360, Graham - PS3, Backtrap - PC) may ask you to participate in some film shoots and stunts. Some of these will included standing on a letter of the Getalife building, fighting (melee) by the heart of the Statue of Happiness, and some possess on Hove Beach. More screens and photos may vary and also be taken during the actual events. If you do not participate when asked, or disrupt these 'shoots' you will automatically be kicked from the event and will not participate any further, the same goes for following the event rules. Other than that, it will be a standard Freemode, which turned out to be one of the best parts in last year's Xmas Bash. Note: the Freemode will be set to 'Algonquin'.
user posted image

Getting Gay:

This is an after-show event for the 360, and if you choose not to participate in it, then you can leave if you so wish. However, we will be doing more events including last year's Homecoming mode, which will be explained on the day. More 'shoots' will also be held, including sequenced parachuting shots. So if you would like to stay on after the main portion of the Xmas Bash, then it would be welcomed, as we will be doing that little bit more of extra fun; this is exclusive to the 360 side unfortunately, so sorry PS3 and PC participants. Although if the PS3 and PC participants have more game ideas, then they could put them forward and further improve the festive fun.
user posted image
user posted image

The-Exiles
  • The-Exiles

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:25 PM Edited by The-Exiles, 06 December 2009 - 02:42 PM.

user posted image
user posted image

[360]
PlayerGTAF NamePlatform ID
LeadergamesguruD Games Guru
2AussiebushmattSellard13
3Kinko Kabuki Koshi KaPOW~!Kinko KaPOW XXV
4leelee862LeeLee862
5DestructoBoi420DestructoBoi420
6SlingaaRoloing
7Wreckless JakeJake Pennington
8NiallNiallDavids
9ClingingMArsClingingMars
10LeRay0409LeRay0409
[PS3]
LeaderTommy-Vercett19GrahamH220
2tarnellroyal_ass
3bigmike72bigmike72
4Greasepalmsdianne123456
5SynaesthesiaSynaesthesia1993
6aFinnFinnPup
7SGNT_KICK_ASSS0L_SGNTKICK_ASS
8S0L_DeLiCIoUs S0L_DeLiCi0uS
9dov3434dov3434
[PC]
LeaderBacktrapelgydium
2AndySerbTheYardiesGTAF
3^- Dice ->slodice
4GTArvXenodu
Application Form:
CODE
GTAF Name:
Platform:
Platform ID:
You agree to date set:
[360]You have BoGT:

user posted image

Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

Jesus christ guru, you've done a good job of this icon14.gif I cant wait for this.

I like what you did with Backtrap's screens btw.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

Nice event, sign me up for the IV:PC.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

Yo, Andy can you fill out the application form please, so then I have your details icon14.gif .

@Jake: Thanks biggrin.gif .

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

I'll join guru

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

Oh, didn't see, i just skimmed through it.

GTAF Name: AndySerb
Platform: PC, PS3
Platform ID: TheYardiesGTAF - GFWL AndyGanteks - PSN
You agree to date set: I agree?(is that what should i type)

So yeah, since we're gonna have some FM Meets and races for LB on PS3, in the days before the meet, and since i can't go to two places at once, i decided to apply for IV PC only.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Okay, thanks; it doesn't matter that you didn't fill it out LeRay, I already know your details ph34r.gif .

I wish the SIZE code worked, 'cause then headers would be a bit more noticeable.

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

yo looks good add me for ps3 please

The-Exiles
  • The-Exiles

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:43 PM Edited by The-Exiles, 16 November 2009 - 07:47 PM.

Erm, fill out the application form please.
People would probably see it, if the header for it came out in SIZE 7 bored.gif .

EDIT: Never mind, found your PSN.

Niall
  • Niall

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

GTAF Name: Niall
Platform: Xbox360
Platform ID: NiallDavids
You agree to date set: Yes
[360]You have BoGT: Yes

ClingingMArs
  • ClingingMArs

=AoD= Associate

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

GTAF Name: ClingingMars
Platform: 360
Platform ID: ClingingMars
You agree to date set: yeah
[360]You have BoGT: yes

Scourge The Evil Hedgehog
  • Scourge The Evil Hedgehog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

GTAF Name: Scourge The Evil Hedgehog
Platform: PS3
Platform ID: ZiggyShadowDust
You agree to date set: Oh yeah!

.Trooper.
  • .Trooper.

D1RTY & WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

Why dont you make one for SAMP? If the GTAF server isnt up we could use the yardies server ph34r.gif

lol, erm, Ill try to get my IV working again, might re install it...

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

Lookin' good icon14.gif Add me for the PS3 list.

GTAF Name: Greasepalms
Platform ID: dianne123456
You agree to date set: Yeah

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (.Trooper. @ Nov 16 2009, 21:17)
Why dont you make one for SAMP? If the GTAF server isnt up we could use the yardies server ph34r.gif

lol, erm, Ill try to get my IV working again, might re install it...

Most of the stuff in the bash wouldn't necessarily work in SAMP without huge changes to the set up. We did it in just IV last year, and the same goes for this year. If someone wants to have an Xmas Meet on SAMP that badly, and has no other option, I'm sure a topic will end up popping up for it.

dice
  • dice

love_triangle

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

GTAF Name: ^- Dice ->
Platform: PC
Platform ID: GFWL: slodice
You agree to date set: Yes, for now

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:40 PM Edited by AndySerb, 16 November 2009 - 08:42 PM.

Regarding the SA:MP Christmas/New Year Meet, it all depends on if the GTANET ever reopens.

But lets not go too far off the subject...

edit: Wrong GFWL in my first post, it's TheYardiesGTAF

Synaesthesia
  • Synaesthesia

Zidane Tribal

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Do we need a microphone or anything? Or will text chats be set up to mark the change of events, because this seems really good. I have no mic, sorry.

Application
GTAF Name: Synaesthesia
Platform ID: Synaesthesia1993
You agree to date set: I agree to the date set.
[360]You have BoGT: N/A

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

That might be a problem. But PS3 has a text-chat system like on the PC version right, so I'm sure Graham can type to you what to do. You might want to read up on the rules though before hand.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

Sounds like fun.

GTAF Name: aFinn
Platform ID: FinnPup
You agree to date set: Yes, I suppose. It's Finnish Independence Day though, with some traditions to follow around the time of gaming, but I should be available hopefully.

Backtrap
  • Backtrap

Nonconformist

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:38 PM Edited by Backtrap, 16 November 2009 - 09:43 PM.

uuu me liky the screenies, who done them? sigh.gif

EDIT: you didnt tell me all you wanted was the interior/center of the screen and basically no editing since they were gonna be so small. devil.gif cry.gif

EDIT2: so the bash is basically a storm of events, right?
Even if i would make smth like that for the pc, nobody would join, my pc section isnt leading anywhere at the moment.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

Well, that's why I said in The Exiles topic you should ask anybody on your Friends List who would be into this type of thing. You've already got Andy & Dice, it's only been a few hours. Patience young grass hopper turn.gif .

The pictures were sweet by the way; the last one isn't yours though moto_whistle.gif . I did all the GFX and info in like 90mins nervous.gif .

Backtrap
  • Backtrap

Nonconformist

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Nov 17 2009, 00:46)
Well, that's why I said in The Exiles topic you should ask anybody on your Friends List who would be into this type of thing. You've already got Andy & Dice, it's only been a few hours. Patience young grass hopper turn.gif .

The pictures were sweet by the way; the last one isn't yours though moto_whistle.gif . I did all the GFX and info in like 90mins nervous.gif .

well duuuh, theres no TBOGT on the PC. rolleyes.gif btw, i always pronounce it with the SIMS accent, "tibogitty" dont ask me why.

stop calling me grasshopper, theres only one person who has come with that stupid nick in a while now.

im off to Dragon Age.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

GTAF Name:LeRay0409
Platform:360
Platform ID:LeRay0409
You agree to date set:yes
[360]You have BoGT: yes

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

Oh sh*t, I forgot to add you blush.gif .

lalitkishor
  • lalitkishor

=A= Hangaround

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

GTAF Name: Lalitkishor
Platform:xbox 360
Platform ID:Lalitkishor
You agree to date set:yes
[360]You have BoGT:yes

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

Yes you did. sad.gif Sad Face

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:18 PM

Sorry, all places are now taken on the 360 side lalitkishor.

ClingingMArs
  • ClingingMArs

=AoD= Associate

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

pretty psyched...any idea how long this will last?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users