sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 19:02)
Yeah. No more choosing between the AK and the Dragunov.

This.

Handgun (or possibly mixed dual wield) and two slots for rifles/shotguns/heavy weapons of any combination you want. Winner.

Dabai Namona
  • Dabai Namona

Hiri Hanenamo

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Does anyone know about any news about FC3? It has kinda gone cold.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Dabai Namona @ Thursday, Sep 1 2011, 23:06)
Does anyone know about any news about FC3? It has kinda gone cold.

There was 1 mission and that's it. Release date is 2012 but no month or day is specified. I kinda like this genre of games.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

They are holding an event called stranded and released this short teaser!

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

FPS of the year.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Was reading the latest scans from EDGE mag on N4G earlier

http://gamingeveryth...ry_3_scan-2.jpg

http://gamingeveryth...ry_3_scan-3.jpg

http://gamingeveryth...ry_3_scan-4.jpg

http://gamingeveryth...ry_3_scan-5.jpg

http://gamingeveryth...ry_3_scan-6.jpg

The island's ecology is a big part of what we focused on to make sure the island is livable and breathable. We have land animals and sea animals. They'll be there as threats, they'll be there for you to utilise. You can go out into the jungle and go hunting, which is all part of Jason growing and surviving on the island. If you go deep into the jungle, you're going to have some encounters that are not so pleasant. So they're a part of the ecology of the island, and really making the island this savage place for the player.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Tuesday, Feb 14 2012, 20:52)
They are holding an event called stranded and released this short teaser!

Jesus f*cking Christ f*ck! Why in the f*ck do they have to put that f*cking sh*t dubstep in everything? F*CK!

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

Finally I see how the main character looks like. Hmm, interesting, ships and all those things, the images gives some refresh air of the old first Far Cry but the last scan I thought is dead island biggrin.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Appears that cinematic trailer was leaked (cause Ubisoft is blocking it on YT).

Agreed with the post above - f**k dubstep. It's not even a music.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

I though it's from Saints Row 3.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

BTW - release date - 6 September.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Tuesday, Feb 14 2012, 22:19)
The island's ecology is a big part of what we focused on to make sure the island is livable and breathable. We have land animals and sea animals. They'll be there as threats, they'll be there for you to utilise. You can go out into the jungle and go hunting, which is all part of Jason growing and surviving on the island. If you go deep into the jungle, you're going to have some encounters that are not so pleasant. So they're a part of the ecology of the island, and really making the island this savage place for the player.

That sounds freakin' awesome. I was disappointed that Far Cry 2 didn't have many animals besides zebras and antelopes if I recall correctly. I love jungle survival stuff. Which is why I love MGS 3 so much.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

The main character reminds me of Kevin Bacon...

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:33 PM Edited by vertical limit, 16 February 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Gotta agree with the comments. Dubstep ruined it. Good looking trailer though.

Sept 7 is our release date.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 03:31)

I read that comment before watching the video and now I can't unsee it. And we all know Kevin Bacon is the man

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 17:31)

I thought he looked more like Bill Paxton tbh. Looks very good - sounds bloody awful - hope that Dogsh*t music is only for the trailer.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

I didn't notice the music the first time, but I just watched the action-y part where its most obvious and its really terrible.

I also find it funny how the camera focuses on the girl's tits the first time we see her. I bet the storyline is going to be an excuse plot, but it won't matter, just want to run around the forest to be honest. Far Cry 2 had a lot of potential but it was flawed, hopefully this fixes that one's problems.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

Just saw the the trailer.. Looks really good! I just hope that sh*tty music is only for the trailer

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

i guess i'm a minority. I liked the music tounge.gif . f*cking awesome trailer. Best i've seen since the Dead Island one.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (TUBBSthezombie @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 11:32)
i guess i'm a minority. I liked the music tounge.gif . f*cking awesome trailer. Best i've seen since the Dead Island one.

Oh that was f*cking epic.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I nearly forgot about this game. It's coming out in September.

Jeeebuuus
  • Jeeebuuus

AKA So-crates

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

I really liked Far Cry 2. If you have the patience then I would recommend it. Spent many hours roaming the African jungles, sneaking up on unsuspecting checkpoints and going all commando on them Arnie style. The only problem I had was the hit detection or whatever you would call it. You could shoot them in the chest two or sometimes even three times and they wouldn't even slow down. I hope they change that at least.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 14:04)
I nearly forgot about this game. It's coming out in September.

Lol, check the last page.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:34 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 16 February 2012 - 04:37 PM.

QUOTE (Jeeebuuus @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 18:32)
I really liked Far Cry 2. If you have the patience then I would recommend it. Spent many hours roaming the African jungles, sneaking up on unsuspecting checkpoints and going all commando on them Arnie style. The only problem I had was the hit detection or whatever you would call it. You could shoot them in the chest two or sometimes even three times and they wouldn't even slow down. I hope they change that at least.

That's the only problem you had? One of the biggest problems was that checkpoint enemies would respawn, and checkpoints were everywhere. I had to use a trainer to freeze all enemies in order to have some fun driving around the map. It's a great game, but far from perfect. It could have been better with a little effort because every gripe I had with it was just a bad gameplay design choice that could have been easily fixed with a small patch. The lack of ability to toggle iron sights was also an issue on PC version.

Jeeebuuus
  • Jeeebuuus

AKA So-crates

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 16:34)
QUOTE (Jeeebuuus @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 18:32)

That's the only problem you had? One of the biggest problems was that checkpoint enemies would respawn, and checkpoints were everywhere. I had to use a trainer to freeze all enemies in order to have some fun driving around the map. It's a great game, but far from perfect. It could have been better with a little effort because every gripe I had with it was just a bad gameplay design choice that could have been easily fixed with a small patch. The lack of ability to toggle iron sights was also an issue on PC version.

Yeah I remember the checkpoint respawned too soon after and that got a little annoying. I'm sure there were other things that I would have changed but it was the enemy hit detection that really stuck out to me. Overall it was a really fun game to me.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

They seem to finally be heading what I thougth and expected Far Cry 1 to be. Hopefully no sudden mutants out of nowhere with cheeky stereotypically voiced Gerlish speaking scientists...

Shapes up to be good as it seems... shame for the RANDOM DUBSTEP MAKES COOL TEASER/TRAILER.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Jeeebuuus @ Friday, Feb 17 2012, 05:32)
The only problem I had was the hit detection or whatever you would call it. You could shoot them in the chest two or sometimes even three times and they wouldn't even slow down. I hope they change that at least.

I also found it annoyed how it could take so many shots to take down someone. I'm pretty sure a shirtless guy couldn't take a seven shots to chest from an AK47 and still run around like nothing happened. They need to have less health.

I just found this massive list I made from another forum about what I didn't like about Far Cry 2, or questions about it. Spelling is a bit iffy.

1how come when I knife a guy in the back at night stealthy, a guy 200 meters away sees me and starts shooting?!?
2How come the weapon selection won't let me have a sniper rifle AND a shotgun?
3Where are the dangerous animals?
4How come you can't see the watch without sleeping?
6It is unrealistic to twist one bolt and the whole car is fixed
7I want WILD fires. not some that fizzle out about 20 meters.
8The grenades do as much damage as RPGs, so whats the point of RPGs.
9How can my buddies move me to a safe position, yet I can't?
10Why do i have to fundle about getting my machette? why can't I melee attack with a gun?
11Does it take a bus half a day to travel 10 miles in Africa?
12What is the point of choose-able characters? it has NO affect on gameplay. why not give me some nameless guy and focus on something else?
13Why do the checkpoints always attack you, why can't they stop you like in the intro?
14Where are the planes?
15Where are the helicopters?
16No matter how cool the scenery was, all the missions in the Game eventually boil down to a version of "Go here, kill them." And that got boring. Make missions that involve interacting?
17why is it called Far Cry 2?
18A trained merc can climb over a 6ft fence . Get real .
19A trained merc does not get hurt falling 6ft . Get real .
20why are all the cars crappy jeeps? I want variety
21why is the storyline so crap? I'm was confused?

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm curiously looking forward to see more of this game. It's good to see developers trying to do something against the mainstream FPS&TPS games that have corrupted the fun of gaming. I enjoyed Far Cry 2 for a little time, but the checkpoint system, re-spawning enemies, and repetitive missions broke the fun element, which made me to leave it, but what really attracted me to it, is the vast believable African Savannah which had so much to explore. With Far Cry 3, developers are using the word 'exploration' too much, which is a good thing for me. Not focusing on shooting, explosion footage, and cinematic crap in promoting the game like the rest of mainstream linear FPS&TPS games, have made me curious to see more, and I wouldn't hesitate to invest in this anti-mainstream direction.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Too many scripted events if you ask me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users