Quantcast

» «
Photo

Far Cry 3

1,168 replies to this topic
BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

News time

Far Cry 3 is in development and looking "pretty exciting", an Ubisoft scriptwriter has told Official PlayStation Magazine.

Speaking at a recent Avatar junket, OPM asked Ubisoft scribe Kevin Shortt if he was working on a third Far Cry title and instead of the usual "no comment", the mag received a refreshing response...

"No I'm not," he replied honestly. "But I know the team are and what I've seen looks pretty exciting." Far Cry 3 confirmed then, just like that.

Other than that blatant response, it's mostly guess work so far on what we should expect from Far Cry 3. Last year though narrative designer Patrick Redding did mention that a sequel would likely retain an African setting, though he also mentioned Antarctica as a possibility.

It's also probable the third game will be based around an improved version of the Dunia engine, OPM points out, which was specifically built to handle complex real-world physics within a sandbox environment.

We've contacted Ubisoft for comment.

Source : Computerrandvideogames.com

Antarctica .. hm, intresting.

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

Antarctica? Wtf is in Antarctica?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Stink_Fist @ Nov 25 2009, 21:45)
Antarctica? Wtf is in Antarctica?

Monkeys and Fat Boys ... turn.gif
maybe we are going back to the old Far Cry style.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

Stick to Africa.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:24 PM Edited by Supreme., 26 November 2009 - 02:52 AM.

...That must have been a joke? confused.gif

oklp
  • oklp

۞

• Members

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

what a dissapointment, preferred the tropical setting.

they should explore something different like basic woodland in a mountain setting.

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:55 PM Edited by Flat Face, 30 November 2009 - 05:57 PM.

I really can't wait for this honestly, i just bought FC2 on sale and so far it's an AWESOME game.

Yes the missions are repetitive but luckily I'm not getting bored of them yet tounge.gif

The enemy AI is very stupid which def needs to be fixed.

Stealth needs to be done better, I've snuck up on a few guys and macheted them but killing 1 guy silently causes anyone within 500 miles to suddenly have an adrenaline rush.

More varied vehicles, a few different types of sedans and such would be welcome.

While it's not too unrealistic with no peds, there should be a few here and there and every so often have a car of them drive past trying to escape or something.. in the beginning you're told there are just normals around.. but they disappear right after the 1st intro cutscene.

animals need better AI, you've got the engine and all that Ubi, now just fix up the sh*t you were too lazy to do last time... some lions and such wouldn't go a stray. *imagine going to snipe a gazelle and having a lion charge at it before you have a chance to shoot*

more hidden stuff around the map, it was huge and interesting but constantly the same stuff over and over... a gold AK here and there.. but basically it gets boring...

EDIT:

I really hope they don't go back to the other crap.. Crysis has the tropical island, lots of games are doing woodland.. Africa was a nice change.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

I hope this is another Assassin's Creed 2. AC 1 was repetitive and boring and I hope they'll do the same for FC3 as they did with AC2.

Evj
  • Evj

Оптик

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

The mission's was allways the same, kill him,get that or destroy it and i still didnt understand the story.I hope in FC3 they'll make some cool features and not allways the same missions.
But the graphic and the perfomance was pretty nice. smile.gif

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Evj @ Dec 1 2009, 13:24)
The mission's was allways the same, kill him,get that or destroy it and i still didnt understand the story.I hope in FC3 they'll make some cool features and not allways the same missions.
But the graphic and the perfomance was pretty nice. smile.gif

You're right; but the story was, ultimately, good. Google the plot; it's very interesting and original. Well, bits of it.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

I read in this Xbox 360 review with a developer that FC3 would/could be set in Australia and feature co-op.

Roastyleg
  • Roastyleg

ITzA RoAsTyleG

• Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:36 AM

would/could be set in Australia

that would be sick!!! but i highly doubt it. the outback would get pretty boring, moreso than africa.

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

who doesn't like hundreds of KM's of desert with huge rocks and nothing else?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Seddo dunno what machine you was playing on but the community was still there on 360 even when MW2 was out not so much now though! I always had full rooms when i was playing my custom maps and trying out others.

Anyway more to the point has this game dissapeared into the belly of the beast? last thing i have read is that its due out in 2010 i really wants this exspecially if it comes with a map editor!

OverTheBelow
  • OverTheBelow

OTB "Oaty-Bee"

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

http://www.computera...e.php?id=262180

So much for '2010'.

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

Far Cray 2 was eye candy. It was pretty to look at but the missions were repetative and dull.

Blizzard14
  • Blizzard14

Get out of here STALKER!

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:22 AM

Well FC2 wasn't made by the same people who made FC1, so what they pretty much did was slap a 2 on the title, copy and paste some of the elements of the first, and work on it from there.
I liked 2, but it could've been better. What I hated the most was that the quicksaves didn't overwrite your previous one, but instead it saved like a regular one so at the end of the game, I had a butt load of save files. I don't know, I guess its just one of my pet peeves.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

I for one loved Far Cry 2 and despite its many critics, I and many others believe it is a fantastic FPS. I know that fans of the original game didn't like it but I preferred the setting and idea of it in a war torn country. What would you like to see from the next game?

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

More action and a perfect story would make it perfect for me.

eHanHz
  • eHanHz

Requiescat in pace

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:29 PM Edited by eHanHz, 19 May 2011 - 08:48 PM.

In my opinion, FC2 is a great game. I enjoy playing it even most claim it so repetitive. Its repetitiveness doesn't annoy me at all. I have played ACII and never found it as a repetitive game.

But there are some features in the game that annoy me a lot.

1. A.I - the stupidest A.I i have ever seen. I can't believe it's a product of Ubisoft Montreal.

2. Guard post - eventough only 2-3 guards guarding there but the fact that it keeps respawn is so stupid. Plus, enemies can take so much bullet hit, WTF!?

3. No stealth - no stealth mode + 'superhuman' enemy = i wish i can grab nanosuit somewhere.

4. Enemies everywhere - it will be nice if local citizens being put in the game and you can communicate with them instead a bunch of annoying enemy.

i think it's super cool bringing out map from inventory instead of being visible on HUD and i do enjoy long-driving back and forth.

If those annoying things being fixed then i think FC3 would be great and perhaps Crysis 1 would has a rival at last.

Shteeve McClaren
  • Shteeve McClaren

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

I'm looking forward to this. I think that FC2 had a lot of good ideas and potential, that sadly was wasted in the game.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:58 PM Edited by tuareg, 19 May 2011 - 04:01 PM.

QUOTE (eHanHz @ May 19 2011, 15:29)
I have played ACII and never found it as a repetitive game.

That's because it was never really deemed repetitive. The first installment, however, is another case.

Dabai Namona
  • Dabai Namona

Hiri Hanenamo

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:32 AM Edited by Dabai Namona, 06 July 2011 - 11:56 PM.

Here is the new video for FC3, freshly released at E3.

I can see that it is definitely an improvement over FC2, especially the stealth mode. The main character just knifed three bad guys without alerting the whole camp (see you doing that in FC2). And they even incorporate a blind firing mode (something which is lacking in most FPS games despite you could see your enemies doing it while you can't). Now I can't wait for this game.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

Updated the main post, let me know if you think I should remove the page-stretcher or keep it.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:30 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 14 August 2011 - 11:13 AM.

maybe snip the ign bit off! but great lovin this! cant wait!

EDIt: After having the crazy person as my desktop the green necklace he wears could be some type of cryptonite that makes the islanders go crazy?

Dabai Namona
  • Dabai Namona

Hiri Hanenamo

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE (Slingaa @ Saturday, Aug 13 2011, 20:50)
Updated the main post, let me know if you think I should remove the page-stretcher or keep it.

Well I think you should shrink it down a bit (I don't have a widescreen monitor confused.gif ) but otherwise it is all good. I wish there will be more trailers releases after E3 but it is still same old, same old. I guess that the game is releasing next year, Ubisoft won't release any new stuff until next year. Anyhoo can't wait for the game.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

New screens & concept arts

user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Oh f*ck yeah. I hope there's coop in this.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 14:16)
I hope there's coop in this.

This ^

Fast travel and unrestricted weapon slots.

Boom.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Yeah. No more choosing between the AK and the Dragunov.

Also, it looks like there are different sights to put on guns, or at least different versions of the AK with a red dot and without. BTW, the interaction with cover and the iron sights looks killer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users