Photo

Far Cry 3

1,168 replies to this topic
Colonel_Buttfuck
  • Colonel_Buttfuck

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

The poker is soooooooooooo f*cking rigged. I consider myself a skilled poker player IRL, and that's why I know it's impossible for all other players but me to get straights, flush's, and four of a kind's all the f*cking time! I've been dealt hole card pairs in 2 out of perhaps 50 hands so far, while the AI players get the best hands in the game, if not from the git-go, then at the River.

I don't know who programmed the Poker minigame, but whoever he is, he should get fired.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

So, nearly a week later, and still no game. I'm guessing it's lost, or stolen by my recently dodgy postman. Annoyed doesn't really cover it. Thought I was going to miss out on the Insane Edition, but I've ordered another copy (for 10 more expensive) from the Ubishop. I'm guessing people don't know they still have it, as it's going for 80+ on eBay. At least Ubishop use UPS, who don't tend to lose or steal things. Then I need to get a refund from GAME, and probably cancel all my other pre-orders.

My hype is pretty much gone, but at least I've had time to catch up on other games. Would have been nice to get a game before the US for once, but so much for that. sad.gif

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 20:49)
My hype is pretty much gone, but at least I've had time to catch up on other games. Would have been nice to get a game before the US for once, but so much for that. sad.gif

That really effing sucks, paps. I was wondering why I've been seeing you on playing Borderlands 2 all week. GL on getting a copy before the weekend. At the very least you shouldn't be dissapointed with the game itself.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 21:05)
QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 20:49)

That really effing sucks, paps. I was wondering why I've been seeing you on playing Borderlands 2 all week. GL on getting a copy before the weekend. At the very least you shouldn't be dissapointed with the game itself.

Probably not before the weekend, as it's still in Germany. I'll be watching the tracker, though. Maybe get our co-op on when it does.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

You're not missing out on much to be honest. This game is incredibly overrated, it's not bad but it's certainly not as good as people have been making out. I played it for 2 days, cleared everything and now i'm fairly certain i'll never pick it up again.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 15:49)
So, nearly a week later, and still no game. I'm guessing it's lost, or stolen by my recently dodgy postman. Annoyed doesn't really cover it. Thought I was going to miss out on the Insane Edition, but I've ordered another copy (for 10 more expensive) from the Ubishop. I'm guessing people don't know they still have it, as it's going for 80+ on eBay. At least Ubishop use UPS, who don't tend to lose or steal things. Then I need to get a refund from GAME, and probably cancel all my other pre-orders.

Do you have any tracking information on your package? To be fair deliveries are pretty sh*tty this time of year because of the holiday season.

On the subject of deliveries I have one out right now that is being juggled between 3 different facilities, bouncing from state to state:

user posted image

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 23:29)
You're not missing out on much to be honest. This game is incredibly overrated, it's not bad but it's certainly not as good as people have been making out. I played it for 2 days, cleared everything and now i'm fairly certain i'll never pick it up again.

I was wondering when one of you guys would show up.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 07 December 2012 - 02:40 AM.

So after reading this thread I decided to pick the game up. Only done the first 6 missions or so.

F*ck those leopards. ph34r.gif

I was on my way to Dr Earnhardt's mansion and on the track leading up to it I heard this noise and thought "wtf is that?" only to turn around and a bloody leopard came out of no where. lol.gif

So far it reminds me of what RDR and JC2 would be like if they were squashed together. Really cool. Can't wait to play more of it. smile.gif

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 00:01)
QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 23:29)

I was wondering when one of you guys would show up.

[youtue]sUeSGMUK-6k[/youtube]

I'm not trying to wind people up. I just think the game is not as good as other people make it out to be and I was one of the people who were hyped up to the max before release. It feels empty, it's probably the most empty scripted world i've come across in a game that's supposed to allow freedom. I also think the plot and characters, aside from vaas, are pretty weak and bring it down even more. Sorry if my opinion hurts your feelings icon14.gif It's not a bad game, not bad at all but it's definitely not a 10/10 9/10 as the reviews have thrown around and I can't understand why so many people get so wet over it. I guess next week everybody will be back to normal.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

This game is pretty awesome. I feel like Rambo.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:03 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 07 December 2012 - 08:08 AM.

QUOTE (Colonel_Buttf*ck @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 19:19)
The poker is soooooooooooo f*cking rigged. I consider myself a skilled poker player IRL, and that's why I know it's impossible for all other players but me to get straights, flush's, and four of a kind's all the f*cking time! I've been dealt hole card pairs in 2 out of perhaps 50 hands so far, while the AI players get the best hands in the game, if not from the git-go, then at the River.

I don't know who programmed the Poker minigame, but whoever he is, he should get fired.

poker minigames are always slightly f*cked, but for me i started with some really good hands, at first.
When I picked this game up the clerk asked me "Do you want the strategy guide, so me of the collectibles are hard to find"

isn't that the point?

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 13:13)
Do the 'Take Picture' thing in the camera really work?

I mean I know it makes that 'click sound but does it get saved to a folder or something like SA?

No, the camera doesn't store the pictures on disk. The option is only there because some missions require it.

@NateShaw92

I wonder if the guy played the game because you can buy maps ingame and they show the collectables on the radar and map. On top of that basically everything is explained in the menu, even with short videoclips how to use a particular skill.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

At first, I was a bit 'meh' about the game. But now? I just spend whole night play it, and I guess I'm totally sucked into it. It's really good.

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Any PC players out there? I've been unable to play MP(both Coop and other modes). I keep getting stuck in an empty lobby.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (flitcroft101 @ Thursday, Dec 6 2012, 17:29)
I played it for 2 days, cleared everything

Everything? I find that hard to believe.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

I spent the last 3 nights just clearing out the radio tower checkpoints and the enemy HQs on the northern island and doing a f*ck ton of hunting. I haven't even touched the main story, side quests, wanted posters, hunting quests and collection items. I would feel like absolute sh*t if I rushed through this game in two days just concentrating on the story without taking it all in. I don't think the world feels empty at all. I do think the local NPCs could be a bit less redundant in their dialog and the central villages could be a little more lively with a few more script variations in what people are actually doing as they're milling about but that hasn't decreased my appreciation for simply roaming around and enjoying the environment.

I unlocked a "signature weapon" last night called The Shredder, it looks pretty bad ass. Anyone else get any of these yet?

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:27 PM Edited by roman bellics brain, 07 December 2012 - 01:36 PM.

QUOTE (meta187 @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 13:07)
I spent the last 3 nights just clearing out the radio tower checkpoints and the enemy HQs on the northern island and doing a f*ck ton of hunting. I haven't even touched the main story, side quests, wanted posters, hunting quests and collection items. I would feel like absolute sh*t if I rushed through this game in two days just concentrating on the story without taking it all in. I don't think the world feels empty at all. I do think the local NPCs could be a bit less redundant in their dialog and the central villages could be a little more lively with a few more script variations in what people are actually doing as they're milling about but that hasn't decreased my appreciation for simply roaming around and enjoying the environment.

I unlocked a "signature weapon" last night called The Shredder, it looks pretty bad ass. Anyone else get any of these yet?

I do the same but a different way

Step one. get radio tower back on line
Step 2 do everything in the unlocked area.
Step 3 move on to new area.

I keep doing that. It's easier to keep a track of what i'm doing and what i've done allready. If i just unlocked all the radio towers at the start i would get a massive headache just trying to figure out what i'm supposed to do next.

The one thing i cannot do is the sharpshooter challanges. I'm serious i just flat out cant pass them. I have sh*t aim

I'm not sure about the guns bro, I just use the standard Shotgun, AK47, Smg, Sniper rifle. I'm getting a little bored of them so i'm going to switch to something more badass

Also the lack of ped dialog annoys me aswell man. It's not a huge deal but it gets really annoying when all they say is ''hey''

Marlo-Lionches
  • Marlo-Lionches

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I was on top of a radio tower and 3 pirates came wandering up to it, I got out my pistol and shot one right through the head on first attempt. Was proud of myself.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Far Cry 3 Patch Will Let Us Toggle most HUD/UI elements On or Off.
http://kotaku.com/59...nnoying-pop ups

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 21:35)
Far Cry 3 Patch Will Let Us Toggle most HUD/UI elements On or Off.
http://kotaku.com/59...nnoying-pop ups

Hallelujah. That's my single gripe with the game, even though it only bothers me in-mission.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Yes! Amazing news. After that, my only issue will be the fact that you can't actually take photos with the camera. It's a shame really. We could have had a competition of sorts.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 14:03)
We could have had a competition of sorts.

we still can.

just have people take screenshots.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 23:48)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 14:03)
We could have had a competition of sorts.

we still can.

just have people take screenshots.

Not the same. Unless Ubisoft makes a patch that lets you holster all weapons.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Am I the only one having sh*ttons of random crashes that really break the game? I can barely play decent sessions without random crashes f*cking up the entire game and just preventing you from progressing in the game.

No fixes whatsoever found...

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Yea, even after patch 1.02 the game still crashes at random every now and then.

Talking about screenshots, in Windows 7 you can use PrtScr and the game saves them as .png in:

\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\Screenshots\

The quality isn't that good though, FRAPS does a better job and you can save them as bmp or jpg.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

I think it's buried a few pages back, but extreme overclocking can make the game unstable, If you are getting crashes and are overclocked try reducing the Clock speed down!

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Friday, Dec 7 2012, 13:07)

I unlocked a signature weapon called The Bushmaster by doing all the radio towers, how did you unlock The Shredder?

Any one else think they should have dirt bikes on this game? I've been saying this since Far Cry 2.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 06:38)
Any one else think they should have dirt bikes on this game? I've been saying this since Far Cry 2.

If it handles well, then hell yeah.

Still not getting used to the quad though, dunno why. The rest of the vehicles are fun to drive. Also FC3 keeps me away from ACIII turn.gif

Marlo-Lionches
  • Marlo-Lionches

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

About weapons, I counted 22 in stores.

And on the handbook, it says there is 40 something weapons. So i guess there is 20 more weapons to unlock?

I hope there is a more powerful handgun, I love using pistols.

WastedEngland
  • WastedEngland

Miscreant.

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

I need this game now!!
Also to any PC gamers, the game is now on the UK Steam store colgate.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users