Far Cry 3

1,168 replies to this topic
Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

user posted image

Sorry for the page stretch, but goddamn that image is sexy.

So, after being confirmed back in 2009, Far Cry 3 was announced at E3 this year and is set for release in February 2012. The game is set in an unnamed tropical island, full of insane inhabitants. The game will be published and developed by Ubisoft and will be released for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC.

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
Far Cry 3 returns the series to a tropical setting, similar to the first game. Players will assume the role of a protagonist known as Jason Brody, a tourist who has been stranded on an island chain that has been in the grips of violent local conflict for many years. Jason has been separated from his girlfriend and, in his search for her, developers have stated he will have to deal with a wide cast of mostly unstable characters who have been trapped on these islands for some time.

Videos

In-Game Images

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Darkshade12
  • Darkshade12

The Trooper.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Cool, i loved FC 2 can't wait for this. I hope those annoying guard posts don't return and no more annoying long distance travel.

Roastyleg
  • Roastyleg

ITzA RoAsTyleG

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

One thing thell have to adress is repetitiveness, man far cry 2 was s repeditive and anoying, they wont many sales if they dont change the gameplay because everyone who bought FC2 hated it.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Darkshade12 @ Nov 15 2009, 20:29)
Cool, i loved FC 2 can't wait for this. I hope those annoying guard posts don't return and no more annoying long distance travel.

Yeah, it was alright to start with, but it gets annoying later on in the game.

@roastyleg, I didn't hate Far Cry 2 and I'm sure a lot of people don't.

I hope they sort out the multiplayer. Customisable classes would be nice; or at least more base classes to upgrade.

Roastyleg
  • Roastyleg

ITzA RoAsTyleG

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

so u didnt hate when you would travel across map to die or have to restart and sh*t. i mean it could have been a fantastic game but they kind of screwed it over with no save when you want option. yea at start was aight.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:57 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 15 November 2009 - 09:59 PM.

I got FC2 back at the end of June. All in all, I enjoyed the game. It's a fun shooter to just pop in and cause trouble.

That being said, MY LORD, the flaws, oh the flaws. There was an abundance of them...

1. The A.I. was f*cking atrocious. Stupid enemies behaving stupidly. Totally hampers the fun.

2. Repetition that made Assassin's Creed look like it had variety out the ass. There was so little to do in the game, and what little there was, you did over, and over, and over again.

3. Enemies are literally everywhere. Gunner trucks drive right in front of your supposed safe houses, so even when you're home, you're still in danger. If you clear a security post, the enemies stationed will regenerate like seconds after you've cleared it. I guess Ubisoft didn't realize how f*cking annoying that is.

4. No civilians/allies. I know the game begins with an exodus, but it sucks having no one in the world but enemies. There are no true towns so to speak. Just soldier-controlled villages. That's boring.

A lot needs to be worked on for part 3. If Ubisoft really makes the effort, they could produce a fantastic shooter.

DemonKing
  • DemonKing

There's no love in your violence.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

I agree with all Don has said so far.

1. The A.I was pretty f*cking lame, they REALLY need to change it for a 3rd game. I mean sh*t enemies like f*cking standing in a room, for like hours sometimes. Or walking straight into grenades, f*cking retards.

2. Yeah for such a big map it got pretty boring pretty fast. I guess the terrible vehicle handling didn't exactly make it any better, and the fact you can only view the vehicles segments from a first person view (I understand it's a FPS, but come on!).

3. Yeah the enemies appearing everywhere thing really griped me, I just wanted to chill out for a bit and I got guys shoving f*cking glocks up my ass in the middle of the f*cking congo. It's stupid.

4. Once again the Allies/Civilians thing griped me as well, all you had where the guys at the bar/marina and that wasn't really that great. The nuetral towns where annoying because like, you had guys with guns watching your every goddamn step, if you as much as accidentally shot someone in the foot theyd have your balls on a platter.

Panz
  • Panz

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

I hope they add something to allow a more stealthy approach. I remember trying to sneak into an area during a mission through some thick trees and brush, only to have guys from maybe a thousand feet away magically hearing and seeing me and basically going nuts trying to kill me.

Oh, and no malaria please.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

Ah yes, stealth doesn't exist in the game. So the silenced mp5 really was f*cking pointless, as is machete kills. And malaria was a total buzzkill.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:20 PM

Same here like how Don Garcia said.
Still I loved the athmophere and the effects and what I was most impressed that it can run on a decent PC, like mine on max settings.
One thing that I hated the most was that you can't prone and even in the biggest bushes in the game plus with the camouflage armor on you, the enemies still will can see you and start shooting at you, making the game unstealth mod, some of the silent weapons useless.

That sucked the most for me ...

I want Far Cry back dontgetit.gif

Roastyleg
  • Roastyleg

ITzA RoAsTyleG

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

hopefully if they can make it not as repeditive like ACII is meant to be than this game will be great. hopefully some better visuals, we need something to rival crysis hehe.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

Could not get into Far Cry 2, it looked awesome from all the videos being released amongst other things, i played it multiple times but it just wasn't happening for me. I think i've only completed the first few mission, at the point where you get something from the church or just after, so very early on.

The multiplayer maps were huge but there was no one there to fill them up, most of the time it was just me and my mate running around this massive map, so that got boring quick.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

I played for Far Cry 2 for only a few hours before taking it back. The videos I saw beforehand made it look fantastic, even when I first played it the graphics were amazing. But once you're past the graphics you have a sh*tty game, pretty much what has been said before. If they can sort it all out and make it fun to play, it should be good.

D1RTY®
  • D1RTY®

• D1RTY12
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

I thought that Far Cry 2 had a good place, nice graphics and was awesome that you could build your own map but the missions were so repetative and boring and I really started to hate it and in the end I didn't bother finishing it.

If they made the missions more interesting and got rid of the little annoying things like not being able to drive 5 minutes without being shot up all the damn time then it would be something I'd consider buying but if not then hell no to getting that!

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

I really enjoyed FC2, the only thing that really annoyed me was like others have said, was the repetitiveness of the game. Also when the guards and other guys always f*cking chase you. Can't you go for a nice cruise through Africa without being gunned upon? Overall I loved the map, some views of the area from a high point just looked absolutely stunning for me. And alot of areas were well made, with lots of detail. So I would most likely pick up FC3, if it's anything like FC2, without the repetitiveness and the enemies chasing you every 5 seconds, imo it will be a great game.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

Far Cry 3, hopefully they get it perfect this time. Now, onot what i liked and not liked about FC2.

I liked:

Huge Map
Exploration
Fires
MP Map Creations
Downloading various funny and sh*tte maps people create and play it with friends
Create Own
Missions were still fun despite being repetitive
Animals
Amount of realism regarding nature
Bus transport. Once i learn the map a bit, the bus stations actually prove very usefull
ALso, saving, i liked it, i don't know why are everyone hating it so much.

I hated:

Malaria, but i guess they introduced it just because of the additional underground medicine missions
Annoying guards attacking you, and killing you froma mile long, even if you wee hidden and crouching in the bushes. Once they notice you, the only way to do it is to shoot back.
MP lag, and level up for weapons.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:52 AM

I loved Far Cry 2!

Single player was awesome driving around shooting mercs and doing those heals like pullling a bullet out of your elbow with your teeth.

What made it most fun for me was playing hours of multiplayer with friends of my XBL friends list with each others created maps and we made basic multiplayer maps to mazes and even Rube-Goldbureg style contraptions.

Sadly never got to beat the games thanks to my 360 craoking. But if i get a new 360/PS3 or decent PC i'll be picking up Far Cry 2 again for sure icon14.gif

As for Far Cry 3 If you are going to use a huge lush setting have more stuff to do. The diamond hunting got a little boring and teduis, more mission variety. Maybe vehicle chases? (Didn't beat the game so not sure if there was such a mission.)

Stealth would be a BIG plus for me. As a huge fan of stealth games MGS/SC, using the bushes and trees and what would be awesome for sneaking in and around and picking enemies off one by one. FC2 could be played in stealth. I did manage to get to my target by sneaking in without being seen but that could have been luck, as people are complaining about the A.I. which I had no problems with. I didn't notice anything too bad, but improved A.I would be great.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:09 AM Edited by Supreme., 17 May 2011 - 05:52 PM.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

OG

• United-States

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:35 AM

When I found out that Crytek was no longer developing the series, I didn't bother with FC2. I really wish they had kept the series and put all that effort that went into Crysis into FC2. I thought Crysis was excellent, I just wish it had been a FC sequel that was that great.

Maybe these Ubisoft devs will hit the mark with FC3 if they learn from the mistakes of FC2.

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:38 AM

There were so many things that could have made Far Cry 2 better, let's hope they've realised what they are.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:05 AM

I hated Far Cry to be honest since the game was only about a good looking island/graphics engine... while the gameplay got boring after one hour of playing. One of the main reasons I didn't buy Far Cry 2 (eventhough it looked like alot of fun).

Probably going to ignore this title...

Evj
  • Evj

Оптик

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

FC2 was better then Crysis but i dont really liked the gameplay.After some hours it was boring.The missions was the same just on another location.Everything was the same there were just some good missions with some good cutscenes but the rest was boring.

Maybe FC3 will be better.

Carnage1120
  • Carnage1120

Misanthropic Wiseguy

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:36 PM

I played the hell out of online, not even ranked, I would spend hours upon hours playing on my friends created maps and created my own, I still do, 2 weeks before modern warfare 2 came out, I was owning on Favela on Farcry 2 custom maps :3

Still haven't beaten story, but I tell you that I have logged hundreds of hours online

asimov
  • asimov

up Debts!

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:52 AM

FC2 looked really nice, but to me that was about it. They could've used so many more RPG elements, player customisation, a decent variety of weapons etc. they didn't. Hopefully they take some time with FC3 because I really like the premise.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:15 AM

i loved FC1's split screen mode because me and my brother created this track 200 meters up and had a little island in the middle with a sniper tower loaded with rocket launchers. one guy would be up in the tower and three others would drive one of the fast vehicles (not the troop carrier too big= too easy to hit) around and either fall of the edge and plummet to their death, get blown up by said rocketeer, or keep doing laps. it was very very very very very very fun. but FC 2 didnt have splitscreen and so i rented it and probably played it for a total of 30 minutes and forgot all about it. i still play FC:IP and love it still. when ever some friends come over we always play any where from an hour to several hours playing it Split screen. too bad the days of split screen multiplayer is dying out sad.gif

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

I loved Far Cry 2, the graphics, gameplay and free roam was just legendary. There were a few bugs etc but the overall game makes it one of my most played games.

Qumulys
  • Qumulys

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Ok, so it went from monsters in FC to uber realism in FC2, hence no monsters. But that meant, no real progression, nothing was harder, ever... They needed animals to fill that void. Some rivers crawling with terrifying crocs which you would have to melee to escape etc. A pride a lions stalking you, as you stalk a target in a camp, could have been hair raising. A stampede of rhinos, etc etc..... But no, they gave us malaria. sad.gif

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Darkshade12 @ Nov 15 2009, 20:29)

This. The combat in the game was extremely fun, there were a lot of weapons, and of course the graphics were awesome, but the game got annoying so fast with those stupid guards everywhere. mad.gif

blitsie
  • blitsie

Kapow!

• Members

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

I hated the AI,when they see you,there is almost no way escaping them,especially during long treks to your missions,if you hear a car behind you,you can either get killed or kill them,you just can't outrun them.

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

They should do a more delevoped African Nation like South Africa or Kenya.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users