» «
Photo

Dan Houser talks about the Next GTA

106 replies to this topic
urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:21 AM Edited by urbanfire, 23 November 2009 - 11:24 AM.

QUOTE (cosmicboy @ Nov 14 2009, 18:31)
all he really said was “We'll think of a city first, then the characters,” says Houser. The script he will end up co-writing will run to around 1,000 pages, nearly ten times as much as a feature film.

he didnt say we havnt thought of it he says this is what we do.

Read the full real article here TIMES ONLINE

Great. I was hoping Rockstar would expand on the next sequel and make it a state like San Andreas. Not another city... Single cities get boring quickly, but a province/state with diverse landmarks leave a lasting impression.

I think Agent is going to be as sick as Niko's story, and while we're playing Agent, they'll announce GTA Next... and we won't even notice

Well perhaps us ps3 owners won't notice, but I wouldn't say the same for all the xbox 360/pc owners

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

SEE YOU GUYS IN VICE CITY. Jk, where's your Vesuvius citrate bullsh*t now Vicedouches?

Tyler.reigle
  • Tyler.reigle

Racially Discriminated Black Man by Mexicans and Canadians

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:26 PM

Lol im gonna laugh at you vice city haters when it is vice city and im gonna cry if its not sad.gif lol

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:27 AM

I seem to remember about the time IV came out there was some article saying they had already got plans for the next game.

They probably do know the city, and its just too early to say anything yet.

BGModder
  • BGModder

Lola's Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Bombtom @ Nov 19 2009, 03:56)
I reckon the city should be chicago, focusing on the projects, also there is a wide variety of new gangs (with different lifestyles)

Gangs we have already seen portrayed in GTA

Irish Mob
Italian Mafia!
Crips
Bloods
Latin Kings

Unportrayed

Tiny Rascal Gang
TAP Boyz
Insane Popes
Simon City Royals
Four Corner Hustlers
Gangster Disciples
Mickey Cobras
Almighty Vice Lord Nation
Black P. Stones
Gangster Disciples

You can really muck around with Chicago, with folk and people things. And you can go back to the 50's, 60's and 70's with the battles between LAtin Kings, Simon City Royals, Gangster Disciples, Black P. Stones etc.

Other places of interest would be concentrating on a dixie mafia lifestyle in texas or Boston

Agree with this 100%

We didn't get the Olympics, but we will get the next GTA!

PaulCain01
  • PaulCain01

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

Grand Theft Auto: Bogota AKA Boston NEXT GAME 2010

Darkel2001
  • Darkel2001

Revolutionary

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (RomanViking @ Nov 18 2009, 05:50)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Nov 17 2009, 21:57)
Like Dan Houser says in the interview, GTA is about the world as the media portrays it.

If that's what Houser's focus is, then the series is f*cked.

They need to make a memorable story for once, do something original instead of just homages.

Set it somewhere outside the United States, and stop getting so full of themselves because they made a parody of Rush Limbaugh barf8bd.gif

The average Saturday Night Live or MADtv sketch does a more accurate, funnier, and less offensive parody of well known idiots than GTA ever has.

You people absolutely refuse to look outside any English speaking places, all because Rockstar wouldn't be able to make cheap jokes about it. suicidal.gif

Some of the most amazing places in the world are foreign places. They could totally do Japan if they wanted - lots of potential for parody, since that's all you weirdos care about anymore suicidal.gif

Used panties for sale in vending machines, outside hostess bars in Kabukicho
Japanese school girls
weird Japanese television
street racing in "rice burners"
red light districts, crowded back alley shops
POKEMON
ANIME

scary Yakuza, and xenophobia abound tounge.gif

Yep, loads of potential.

And dammit Dan Houser, GTA isn't about "the world as the media portrays it" whatsthat.gif

It's about getting to do crazy things like rob banks and get in car chases. And it's supposedly about exploring an immersible environment - yet you can't go in most buildings, so I'd hardly call the city "complete" suicidal.gif

This is why Japanophiles shouldn't play GTA.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, no offense and not to sound like a snobby American, but I hate the majority of Japanese culture

Ad Rem
  • Ad Rem

Trick

• The Precinct

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (PaulCain01 @ Nov 24 2009, 15:51)
Grand Theft Auto: Bogota AKA Boston NEXT GAME 2010

How are Bogota and Boston related? Bogota is in Columbia.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:43 PM Edited by supermortalhuman, 24 November 2009 - 10:46 PM.

Little Bogota is in Vice City - the next game is Vice City and the last vice city left out a lot of vice city, the next game is vice city. lolwtf. We only saw the top right hand portion of vice - see you guys in miami, now can we talk about more important things, like features?

user posted image

Also, this topic is unbelievable - the title has no bearing to what it displays, that statement was made saying "this is how we do it" not "this is what we are doing right now"

I ASSURE you they have been modeling the next map since before they even released GTA IV, and during the ENTIRE process of "everyone else" being busy creating the episodes for liberty city in its already-completed map.

Plus, dan houser is a liar.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (KGBeast @ Nov 20 2009, 05:41)
Chicago would be a great city, but not for GTA Next. The reason Rockstar went from Liberty City to Vice City to San Andreas is because they all had different vibes. New York to Chicago is like going from black to darker gray. So, Chicago (or "Cancer City") will eventually come to GTA, but not right now. [/QUOTE]
I agree with this. That's why I want the France tease in the EFLC manual to be true because going from dark and gritty Liberty to sunny, flamboyant France would be a great transition. Either way, I'd love to see something a bit sunnier before going right back into darkness.

I don't know about actually playing in France, but I'd love to play as a deviant eurohipster, ala Eric from True Blood.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

i'm sure its a trick he'll say this and then next year it will be revealed

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:56 AM

Mucho Kudos on a Houser post with photo update, very good!!!

Cookies a plenty,.... Now, How about Carcer City? We've not really seen a vision of it in the way Liberty was envisioned, or "re-visioned", but it's always sounded like a place to exploit.

Rockstar do a bang-up job creating some virtual wonder-lands, but speaking about the violence, I agree with the movies and games perspective, but Rockstar are pushing the envelope themselves, after Vice City, because people seem to think there was heavy cursing in that game, and there simply wasn't.

I think more then the violence, the profanity needs to be kept in check, it can be amusing when it's curse this, curse that, but realistically, not every character will be mouthing off obscenities. One real funny counter-point to that in GTA4 is the ped (female) who will say "what the F..??!", or censor whatever she says in the heat of the moment. That's just as amusing as an outright curse, if you ask me, it gets laughs, bottom line

dragmetolibertycity
  • dragmetolibertycity

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Nov 27 2009, 02:56)
Mucho Kudos on a Houser post with photo update, very good!!!

Cookies a plenty,.... Now, How about Carcer City? We've not really seen a vision of it in the way Liberty was envisioned, or "re-visioned", but it's always sounded like a place to exploit.

Rockstar do a bang-up job creating some virtual wonder-lands, but speaking about the violence, I agree with the movies and games perspective, but Rockstar are pushing the envelope themselves, after Vice City, because people seem to think there was heavy cursing in that game, and there simply wasn't.

I think more then the violence, the profanity needs to be kept in check, it can be amusing when it's curse this, curse that, but realistically, not every character will be mouthing off obscenities. One real funny counter-point to that in GTA4 is the ped (female) who will say "what the F..??!", or censor whatever she says in the heat of the moment. That's just as amusing as an outright curse, if you ask me, it gets laughs, bottom line

There is a lot of profanity in GTAIV but it isn't overused like in other games.

itsonelouder
  • itsonelouder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:48 PM

Surely he's talking about GTA V when he mentions not knowing the city or story.

No way can he be talking about the next city for GTA IV surely. That must have started ages ago.

Ad Rem
  • Ad Rem

Trick

• The Precinct

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (itsonelouder @ Nov 27 2009, 15:48)
Surely he's talking about GTA V when he mentions not knowing the city or story.

No way can he be talking about the next city for GTA IV surely. That must have started ages ago.

True, I'm fairly certain it's a trick answer. Either in the sense supermortalhuman mentioned earlier, "this is how we make these games, first we think of the setting, then the characters" or then in this sense. "He asked about GTA V, I guess I'll talk about GTA V instead of the next game." Clever.

Mr.D
  • Mr.D

KrazzyDJ

• Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

My guess: What was said was not something which "would" happen but something which either "is happening" or "has already happened". And with this assumption, I'd say, we might as well see some sore of an environment teaser for the next Grand Theft Auto either in E3 or Comic-Con or at some major event. Or maybe we'll see at a random date (maybe sometime towards Q4 2010) with the game releasing a year later (and coming out on the PC after 6-9 months). I'd consider this interview to be a sort of an unofficial teaser for the next Grand Theft Auto.

At the end, please note: This is "My Guess".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users