Bully 2 ? wow thats a great news

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (thepowkid @ Nov 16 2009, 09:52)
vice city?

you might be right with the city, but the picture with that volcano has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, there might be a hint towards the setting of the upcoming installment of GTA in TBoGT. Just watch the End Credits carefully and you will see a huge "V" in the last scene, painted right at the far End of the runway, where the plane (probably with Packie on board) takes off. It´s the last thing you see in GTA IV shortly before you read "The End"

Above all, I find it quite unrealistic that they are not yet busy working on the next title. Even if they won´t need as long as for developing IV

I bet we will have further information by March 2010.

Grand Theft Auto fan
  • Grand Theft Auto fan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

It's good, that they are now working on the next GTA.

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

Lincoln state? biggrin.gif bored.gif confused.gif
what why does everyone always look at me when i say that?

tjawzy
  • tjawzy

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

Well if ha have been 1,5 - 2 years on finding the right city (London isn't that hard to find on a map is it?) without finding it theres probably something not working right in his brain...

otherwise he's just lying.. i guess he is.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

Well, Rockstar's got to be working on a new IV title, it's not like all the employees just left as soon as IV was finished, they had a months holiday and came back to work, it is their 9-5 job. I doubt R* is completely pre-occupied doing other stuff at the moment, although they've obviously been working on TBOGT, TLAD, IV and the IV PC patching since IV came out.

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:07 PM Edited by Mr. Cozzarelli, 16 November 2009 - 04:10 PM.

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Nov 16 2009, 15:53)
although they've obviously been working on TBOGT, TLAD, IV and the IV PC patching since IV came out.

Don´t forget Chinatown Wars. Must have been a hell of a job… wink.gif

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Nov 16 2009, 15:53)
I doubt R* is completely pre-occupied doing other stuff at the moment, although they've obviously been working on TBOGT, TLAD, IV and the IV PC patching since IV came out.

Rockstar aren't just about GTA, they've also got Red Dead Redemption, Agent, Bully 2 and Max Payne 3 amongst other projects on the go at the moment. The next GTA game isn't currently a high priority.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (maxopower @ Nov 15 2009, 15:10)
QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Nov 15 2009, 20:48)
...They're probably too busy with Agent to get started with the next GTA. 

and Bully 2 http://www.gamespot....ws/6239688.html

no, Bully 2 is by some other Rockstar studio. I was talking about Rockstar North (main GTA games, Manhunt 1). Agent is their first new ip since 2003.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Cozzarelli @ Nov 16 2009, 07:09)
QUOTE (thepowkid @ Nov 16 2009, 09:52)
vice city?

you might be right with the city, but the picture with that volcano has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, there might be a hint towards the setting of the upcoming installment of GTA in TBoGT. Just watch the End Credits carefully and you will see a huge "V" in the last scene, painted right at the far End of the runway, where the plane (probably with Packie on board) takes off. It´s the last thing you see in GTA IV shortly before you read "The End"

Above all, I find it quite unrealistic that they are not yet busy working on the next title. Even if they won´t need as long as for developing IV

I bet we will have further information by March 2010.

yeah Dan said they don't know the setting yet but it seems they already have an idea on who the protagonist will be.

OrR
  • OrR

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Nov 16 2009, 03:43)
@Duke203: I think, if R* North is separated into teams or groups, that Agent probably has more people working on it than the next GTA. For all we know, since Agent is PS3 exclusive, it will probably be a HUGE game. It may even be a hell lot larger than the next GTA in terms of scale. I believe it's also said that Agent is to be part of a franchise meaning there will be more of the games. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Yes, you are. Well, maybe not, but I think it's unlikely that they put more work into a title which might or might not sell well but is limited to one market from the beginning, rather than a guaranteed blockbuster which will sell on multiple platforms and secure their future.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (OrR @ Nov 16 2009, 17:03)
QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Nov 16 2009, 03:43)
@Duke203:  I think, if R* North is separated into teams or groups, that Agent probably has more people working on it than the next GTA.  For all we know, since Agent is PS3 exclusive, it will probably be a HUGE game.  It may even be a hell lot larger than the next GTA in terms of scale.  I believe it's also said that Agent is to be part of a franchise meaning there will be more of the games.  Am I the only one who feels this way?

Yes, you are. Well, maybe not, but I think it's unlikely that they put more work into a title which might or might not sell well but is limited to one market from the beginning, rather than a guaranteed blockbuster which will sell on multiple platforms and secure their future.

Agent, Red Dead and Max Payne 3 are the priorities, as they have release windows to hit. The next GTA only has a loose release window of fiscal 2011 (ends October 31st), but this can quite easily be pushed.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:57 AM

I always suspected there was something special about the saxophone player, there was a sincere niceness about his presence that was incongruous with the gross parody all around him. Learning about his ringtone easter egg only increased the mystique. Now it all makes sense.

I'd guess 2011 for the next GTA but 2010 wouldn't surprise me too much, if they started work on a new city immediately after finishing Liberty City. I just can't imagine what they'll do. I don't think they're going back to Vice City or San Andreas because it would be too repetitive, but going anywhere else is hard to imagine as well. Like Dan Houser says in the interview, GTA is about the world as the media portrays it. That makes it hard to go outside the big coastal cities because the media doesn't go anywhere else much!

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Nov 17 2009, 21:57)
Like Dan Houser says in the interview, GTA is about the world as the media portrays it.

If that's what Houser's focus is, then the series is f*cked.

They need to make a memorable story for once, do something original instead of just homages.

Set it somewhere outside the United States, and stop getting so full of themselves because they made a parody of Rush Limbaugh barf8bd.gif

The average Saturday Night Live or MADtv sketch does a more accurate, funnier, and less offensive parody of well known idiots than GTA ever has.

You people absolutely refuse to look outside any English speaking places, all because Rockstar wouldn't be able to make cheap jokes about it. suicidal.gif

Some of the most amazing places in the world are foreign places. They could totally do Japan if they wanted - lots of potential for parody, since that's all you weirdos care about anymore suicidal.gif

Used panties for sale in vending machines, outside hostess bars in Kabukicho
Japanese school girls
weird Japanese television
street racing in "rice burners"
red light districts, crowded back alley shops
POKEMON
ANIME

scary Yakuza, and xenophobia abound tounge.gif

Yep, loads of potential.

And dammit Dan Houser, GTA isn't about "the world as the media portrays it" whatsthat.gif

It's about getting to do crazy things like rob banks and get in car chases. And it's supposedly about exploring an immersible environment - yet you can't go in most buildings, so I'd hardly call the city "complete" suicidal.gif

shadow magikarp
  • shadow magikarp

Waiting for GTA cTW psp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:40 AM

DAMIT ROCKSTARRR
MAKE GTA SANADREAS STORIES FOR PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Useless Dave
  • Useless Dave

Voted member of the year 2010

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (RomanViking @ Nov 18 2009, 05:50)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Nov 17 2009, 21:57)
Like Dan Houser says in the interview, GTA is about the world as the media portrays it.

If that's what Houser's focus is, then the series is f*cked.

They need to make a memorable story for once, do something original instead of just homages.

Set it somewhere outside the United States, and stop getting so full of themselves because they made a parody of Rush Limbaugh barf8bd.gif

The average Saturday Night Live or MADtv sketch does a more accurate, funnier, and less offensive parody of well known idiots than GTA ever has.

You people absolutely refuse to look outside any English speaking places, all because Rockstar wouldn't be able to make cheap jokes about it. suicidal.gif

Some of the most amazing places in the world are foreign places. They could totally do Japan if they wanted - lots of potential for parody, since that's all you weirdos care about anymore suicidal.gif

Used panties for sale in vending machines, outside hostess bars in Kabukicho
Japanese school girls
weird Japanese television
street racing in "rice burners"
red light districts, crowded back alley shops
POKEMON
ANIME

scary Yakuza, and xenophobia abound tounge.gif

Yep, loads of potential.

And dammit Dan Houser, GTA isn't about "the world as the media portrays it" whatsthat.gif

It's about getting to do crazy things like rob banks and get in car chases. And it's supposedly about exploring an immersible environment - yet you can't go in most buildings, so I'd hardly call the city "complete" suicidal.gif

Stopped reading when you said the story wasn't memorable.

Move along, everybody.

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

I stopped reading when he says the series is f*cked - what douche bag thinks GTA is about anything else? That's why it takes place where it does, and the only thing that truly maintains its success...

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

gta shouldn't be focusing so much on making crappy homages and parodies. A bunch of fake, unoriginal advertisements doesn't make a game good.

I already wrote the rest of my thoughts in the other post.

W1ckeD-
  • W1ckeD-

You know how it is.

• Members
  • None
  • Topic of the Year 2010 "Where is the blue?"

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (RomanViking @ Nov 18 2009, 10:27)
gta shouldn't be focusing so much on making crappy homages and parodies. A bunch of fake, unoriginal advertisements doesn't make a game good.

That's one of the key points in GTA..

Useless Dave
  • Useless Dave

Voted member of the year 2010

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (RomanViking @ Nov 18 2009, 09:27)

Um, no, the gameplay makes it good.

When are you going to think before you post?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (RomanViking @ Nov 18 2009, 16:50)

Although the GTA stories have homages (Vice City to Scarface) for the most part the stories are original, without relying on outside media. I mean have you actually completed any of the stories? confused.gif

Besides what's wrong with the homages? GTA III got me into mobster movies, because of its parodies of The Godfather, and such. Vice City turned me into a Scarface fan, because of its homage to Scarface.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

This makes me happy and sad. Happy because now we finally know SOMETHING atleast. Sad because I thought they had been on work with the next GTA game ever since the release of GTA IV.

So.. It's almost 2010 they haven't even started on the next GTA game, wtf are we supposed to wait till 2012 for this next game? GTA is pretty much the only game I love now'a days I still love playing games, but I have been so disappointed with so many new titles this generation when compared to the last one but GTA IV managed to impress me and it's a game that I truly love

W1ckeD-
  • W1ckeD-

You know how it is.

• Members
  • None
  • Topic of the Year 2010 "Where is the blue?"

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Laufas @ Nov 18 2009, 15:28)
This makes me happy and sad. Happy because now we finally know SOMETHING atleast. Sad because I thought they had been on work with the next GTA game ever since the release of GTA IV.

So.. It's almost 2010 they haven't even started on the next GTA game, wtf are we supposed to wait till 2012 for this next game?

We don't know that for sure of course. wink.gif

KidDala
  • KidDala

I Get more ass than a toilet seat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Nov 14 2009, 17:58)
user posted image

Rockstar founder Dan Houser has publicly talked about the next iteration in the GTA series for the first time.

However, the exec has told The Times that he hasn’t even thought of a City to set the game in yet – let alone a plot.

In a fantastic interview, Houser also talks to the paper’s Nigel Kendall about controversy over violent projects, the lack of recognition given to the industry, his reluctance to talk to the media – and the status of video games as ‘the new rock’n’roll'.

Talking about the release of Manhunt 2, Houser said that the controversial content of the game actually came back to bite Rockstar, as “when a game is banned it means we’re not doing our first job – of making the investors back their money".

However, his opinion of the ‘games cause violence’ argument was less charitable.

He added: “It feels at last like we’re moving on from that debate. The audience is getting past 30 so it all becomes a bit silly. That’s not to say that all games are for all people; we’ve never said that. GTA has always been rated 18 and we’ve always been very happy with that.

“Nevertheless, we do get frustrated when video games are singled out and movies are given a free pass. Manhunt 2 was banned in the same week that Saw was released. The arguments become quite ludicrous quite quickly when people argue that games are somehow more dangerous than full-motion video.

“Within Rockstar, sometimes we feel that some of our games get singled out and held up as pariahs. All we want to do is tell a story with rounded characters. Like Goodfellas, which is a key film for us, our rounded characters happen to be criminals.”

The paper reports that Houser will soon start work on GTA V, which will involve co-writing a script of around 1,000 pages – ten times as much as a feature film.

“We'll think of a city first, then the characters,” he added.

Source

Yeah rilly...that f***ed up alotta ppl on this site..while also shuttin up alot of ppl who dnt kno what their talkin about. Itz disappointing but who knows what else Rockstar could be working on...I know that new red dead game..midnight club? bull 2? who knowz

bobgtafan
  • bobgtafan

The last thing you never see

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Laufas @ Nov 18 2009, 14:28)

So.. It's almost 2010 they haven't even started on the next GTA game, wtf are we supposed to wait till 2012 for this next game? GTA is pretty much the only game I love now'a days I still love playing games, but I have been so disappointed with so many new titles this generation when compared to the last one but GTA IV managed to impress me and it's a game that I truly love

No your supposed to go outside get some fresh air then come back inside and play. Crackdown 2, Mafia 2, Just Cause 2, and Saints Row 3 to pass the time.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:06 PM

I think Agent is going to be as sick as Niko's story, and while we're playing Agent, they'll announce GTA Next... and we won't even notice

Bombtom
  • Bombtom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

I reckon the city should be chicago, focusing on the projects, also there is a wide variety of new gangs (with different lifestyles)

Gangs we have already seen portrayed in GTA

Irish Mob
Italian Mafia!
Crips
Bloods
Latin Kings

Unportrayed

Tiny Rascal Gang
TAP Boyz
Insane Popes
Simon City Royals
Four Corner Hustlers
Gangster Disciples
Mickey Cobras
Almighty Vice Lord Nation
Black P. Stones
Gangster Disciples

You can really muck around with Chicago, with folk and people things. And you can go back to the 50's, 60's and 70's with the battles between LAtin Kings, Simon City Royals, Gangster Disciples, Black P. Stones etc.

Other places of interest would be concentrating on a dixie mafia lifestyle in texas or Boston

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Bombtom @ Nov 19 2009, 08:56)
I reckon the city should be chicago, focusing on the projects, also there is a wide variety of new gangs (with different lifestyles)

You can really muck around with Chicago, with folk and people things. And you can go back to the 50's, 60's and 70's with the battles between LAtin Kings, Simon City Royals, Gangster Disciples, Black P. Stones etc.

Other places of interest would be concentrating on a dixie mafia lifestyle in texas or Boston

Chicago would be a great city, but not for GTA Next. The reason Rockstar went from Liberty City to Vice City to San Andreas is because they all had different vibes. New York to Chicago is like going from black to darker gray. So, Chicago (or "Cancer City") will eventually come to GTA, but not right now.

Darth Shockwave
  • Darth Shockwave

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

maybe they have already decided where the next gta game will be, but not where the next series (GTA5) will start

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Nov 19 2009, 13:05)
QUOTE (Bombtom @ Nov 19 2009, 08:56)

Chicago would be a great city, but not for GTA Next. The reason Rockstar went from Liberty City to Vice City to San Andreas is because they all had different vibes. New York to Chicago is like going from black to darker gray. So, Chicago (or "Cancer City") will eventually come to GTA, but not right now.

I agree with this. That's why I want the France tease in the EFLC manual to be true because going from dark and gritty Liberty to sunny, flamboyant France would be a great transition. Either way, I'd love to see something a bit sunnier before going right back into darkness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users