jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (Forum 1 @ Nov 15 2009, 02:06)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ Nov 15 2009, 01:46)
QUOTE (mattymcs @ Nov 14 2009, 21:22)
He's pulling our legs. R* are well into the development of the next game.

Jnzooger - where did you get a different universe from? Have I missed something?

GTA1+London69+61 = GTA1 universe
GTA2 = GTA2 universe
GTAIII+VC+SA+Adv+LCS+VCS = GTAIII universe
GTAIV+CtW+TLaD+BoGT = GTAIV universe

I think the next GTA will be a stand alone universe like GTA2 was. (Because it uses the same engine/consoles as the previous universe, and they said they said they are done with the IV universe.)

When was this? All I heard was they were finished with LC, they have no reason to abandon this universe.

The last interview before EfLC came out. They said they are done with IV.

shadow magikarp
  • shadow magikarp

Waiting for GTA cTW psp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:44 AM

Rockstar starts a new game as soon as they release one

Put your copy of Gta Iv (or any other gta) in the computer
and right click on one of the files and
click properties
it should tell you when they were created see

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:11 AM

Don't get worried. He's just saying that to keep things on the down-low. We all know how secretive Rockstar is, especially when it comes to GTA. I'm 99.9% sure they've been working on the follow up to GTA IV since before IV was even released. Hell, they started working on GTA IV well before San Andreas was released, so that's 4 years of developing a completely new engine. Since they're more than likely using the same engine it shouldn't take that long to make a new game.

These guys plan ahead. It would be ludicrous to think that they don't even know what to do next.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:54 AM

I'm sure that R* has started working on a new GTA game allready, most likely just yanking are chains about not knowing the city or anything about the plot.

Any how only time will tell.

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:29 AM

Yeah, I mean just think about it. Since GTA IV was released, they started working on the DLC. But the DLC was essentially just extra missions and new vehicles, but then you have to think of more dialogue, radio stuff, etc. So obviously some of the people at Rockstar have been busy this whole time, while (if what Houser said was true) others haven't. I mean, what were the map designers doing this whole time? Sitting around twiddling their thumbs? They obviously weren't needed for the DLC seeing how it was done in the same map. Also, the people who model all of the vehicles.. had to have been doing something. I doubt it took them a year and a half to model 20-some vehicles for the DLC.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:39 AM

I'm pretty sure that R* is working on a new GTA. After GTA IV was released, R* North has released TLAD and TBOGT. The only scheduled project that R* North hasn't released yet is Agent. As far as I'm concerned, Agent is going to be MASSIVE. It's possible that at the time R* North was only working on TLAD and Agent then TBOGT and Agent, but since the DLCs are out of the way I can assure the next large scale GTA (not handheld as that's R* Leeds) is already in production. For all we know, the next GTA may have already been in production since the release or prior to the release of GTA IV.

socal000
  • socal000

The General Public's Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (bobgtafan @ Nov 15 2009, 01:42)
So what GTA in 2011? Please I don't have the attention span to care that long. Some one wake me up when it's reveled.

haha, yes. Most likely 2011

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:56 AM

The paper reports that Houser will soon start work on GTA V, which will involve co-writing a script of around 1,000 pages – ten times as much as a feature film.

Wow... mercie_blink.gif

socal000
  • socal000

The General Public's Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (cosmicboy @ Nov 14 2009, 18:40)
-Feel kinda bad now having shot him in the face every time i saw him. lol

lol. me too, now I feel bad for giving him money then beating him up and pushing him onto the train tracks. Sorry Dan Houser. cryani.gif

Dudepeel
  • Dudepeel

Hudda Hudda Huh!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Nov 15 2009, 04:26)

Yes, but there is still a big difference between game and universe. They are done with IV, not IV universe.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Dudepeel @ Nov 15 2009, 08:44)
QUOTE (jnzooger @ Nov 15 2009, 04:26)

Yes, but there is still a big difference between game and universe. They are done with IV, not IV universe.

I meant IV universe by that statement, but I've already stated what I think. sly.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:39 AM

I'm interested in this 1000 page script. That sounds f**king epic.

I mean GTA IV was a fairly lenghty game in itself, but this just sounds absolutely crazy. lol.gif

Like everyone else they're probably just yanking everyone's chain. I would say they've been working on GTA Next for atleast the last couple of years. Wouldn't be surprised if it's announced midway through next year for a 2011 release.

ViceCity09
  • ViceCity09

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

If we don't get some sort of info by atleast April I will go to sleep and come back in a few years.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Chunk @ Nov 15 2009, 02:17)
QUOTE (Rucke @ Nov 14 2009, 23:41)
Does anyone know how long the GTA IV script was?

Well, when you think about all the cutscenes, pedestrian dialouge, TV shows, radio stations and everything else it's gotta be really long.

And when I say really long, I mean woah.

I think pedestrian dialog, TV shows and radio stations have their own seperate scripts. Otherwise it would be far over 1000 pages. I The script Dan Houser is talking about is probably the story and character dialog.

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:55 PM

They should just release III, VC & SA as arcades. It'll be cheap, super cool, and you'll get achievements!

But yeah, I think they already have the city. Not the map ofcourse, but they know wich one they're gonna make.

Antonio1911
  • Antonio1911

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (NikoB IV @ Nov 14 2009, 15:07)
I'm pretty sure they already started.
It's just that they don't want to share any info with us yet.

Yea i jus seen a video on xbox with jessica chobot and she say that they've been in the works of the upcoming gta for about a year now...

but then again she could be wrong...

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (agincourtsalute @ Nov 14 2009, 23:31)
Either he is lying and the game is in development or he was just talking about how they about developing a GTA title.

Michael Patcher was just making a prediction when he said 2010 at the earliest and it was a pretty bad one in my opinion people look to much into the time between the release of III and VC when making predictions on when the next GTA will be released.

No , he wasn't making a prediction . Take Two management told him that . Read the following :

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has said Take-Two management has confirmed to him that the next instalment of Grand Theft Auto is in development, and has been for over a year.

The new game is said to utilise the same game "engines" as the most recent GTA, and Rockstar North is believed to be highly motivated to complete the game, understanding that a big pay day will follow.

Pachter's comments follow news overnight that Take-Two will not release a new multi-platform Grand Theft Auto title in fiscal 2010.

"When we do the simple math, we conclude that the next instalment is likely to be completed by some time in 2010, although given the frequency of game delays, it is not clear that it will necessarily come before October 31, 2010," said Pachter in a research note put out today.

He added: "However, it is clear to us that the next version of GTA will arrive before the end of FY:11."

Pachter estimates the game will achieve sales of between 15 and 18 million units.

Source

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

Nice interview, even though it doesn't reveal much about the next GTA. I honestly can't wait to have some info, I hope it will be even better than GTA IV. smile.gif

I have the feeling we will be visiting a Vice City from the 80's with all features of RAGE...

Favourite quotes:

“We’ve got, you know, 100 plus people, at least 80 per cent of whom are far more intelligent than me."

"They are, Houser says, proud of their sons, “though not so much that they'd actually play the games”. Shame. If Dad did plug in his console, he'd see a likeness of himself playing sax in the park in The Ballad of Gay Tony. It's his boys' way of saying thank you."

Brilliant! biggrin.gif

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Nov 15 2009, 17:09)
"They are, Houser says, proud of their sons, “though not so much that they'd actually play the games”. Shame. If Dad did plug in his console, he'd see a likeness of himself playing sax in the park in The Ballad of Gay Tony. It's his boys' way of saying thank you."

Brilliant! biggrin.gif

I remember the sax player was being credited as Walter Houser. Haha must be their dad.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

for those people who say he's lying, that they've already been working on it, when has he lied in the past about an upcoming release? I think if they were working on it he could just say "we're in the early stages, getting our feet wet" (not revealing anything but acknowledging that they are working on it). You've got to remember that Rockstar North's next project is Agent, which was announced at E3 this year. They're probably too busy with Agent to get started with the next GTA.

two main things we can get out of this interview though:

1) might go for a more low key location

“Whether you live in London, New York or Tokyo,” says Houser, “the sheer venality of the life can get you down. After a while you start to think: 'I can’t take this any more. I want to go somewhere where people are miserable in a different way.'

2) Europe a possibility?

“I don’t think in 11 years it had ever been 7 months since I was last here, so by the end of September/October I was incredibly keen to get to Europe.”

supermortalhuman
  • supermortalhuman

522A4EA9

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

Rockstar have lied over and over again. You can always tell more from what they don't say than what they do say.

If you look back on the things they say after the fact, you will not need to ask such a silly question. If they say it, in public, it is Nothing more than marketing, and not always true.

Like how episodes are exclusive to xbox, for example LOL. How III series was exclusive to PS2. They say A LOT of bullsh*t, and this, what he said in this interview, was bullsh*t too.

If he is honest with that statement, he is talking about GTA FIVE - and he ALREADY knows the next IV games locations, stories, and all of that sh*t. He might not have thought about FIVE yet, but they have the "rest" of GTA IV games planned and already in development. Johnny will be in San Andreas and you will race him. Etc.

They lie all the time, so let's not pretend they don't.

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Nov 15 2009, 20:48)
...They're probably too busy with Agent to get started with the next GTA.

and Bully 2 http://www.gamespot....ws/6239688.html

Duke203
  • Duke203

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:10 AM Edited by Duke203, 16 November 2009 - 12:25 AM.

QUOTE (maxopower @ Nov 15 2009, 21:10)

Hmmm.

So Rockstar are going to concern themselves with a sequel to a game that sold less than a million units, and a completely new single platform game, rather than a guaranteed* multi-hundreds of millions of $$$$ from GTA NeXt.

I don't think so.

They'll have a small team working somewhere developing Bully 2, a bigger team working somewhere on Agent, and the biggest team you could ever assemble working on GTA Not VC. They would have been working on this the day after the GTA IV disks went to the presses safe in the knowledge that they will sell 20 million + units, and they'll be wanting to do it as quickly as possible, because guaranteed* cash is good!

Autumn 2010 sounds like a reasonable release date imho.

* I know, there are only two guarantees in life, but I think the next GTA earning a sh*tload of profit could possibly knock 'death' out of the top guaranteed 2 list.... mercie_blink.gif

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

That article is complete bullsh*t. The game has been in the works for about a year now.

You can't tell me they haven't even thought of a city yet.

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Duke203 @ Nov 16 2009, 00:10)
QUOTE (maxopower @ Nov 15 2009, 21:10)

Hmmm.

So Rockstar are going are going to concern themselves with a sequel to a game that sold less than a million units, and a completely new single platform game, rather than a guaranteed* multi-hundreds of millions of $$$$ from GTA NeXt.

I don't think so.

Me neither, I just wanted to plug the new Bully, and I believe they started working on "GTA maybe VC" along time ago.

Duke203
  • Duke203

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:55 AM Edited by Duke203, 16 November 2009 - 12:59 AM.

QUOTE (maxopower @ Nov 16 2009, 00:30)
Me neither, I just wanted to plug the new Bully, and I believe they started working on "GTA maybe VC" along time ago.

That's fair enough, I haven't played the original so can't really comment smile.gif

I am very tempted to get a PS3 simply to play Agent too. Haven't heard that much more info about this one since the summer, and it seems uncharacteristic of Rockstar to drip feed information about their games...

I'll qualify my Autumn 2010 release date prediction too:

GTA IV development started as soon as SA was released, in Oct 04.
GTA IV was then released after a little delay in Apr 08, after 3.5 years in development.

I read somewhere that the delays were purely technical, so an Oct 07 release date (ie 3 years in dev) would have been possible. As these issues have been resolved, it would take 3 years from Apr 08 at the latest to Apr 11 to create from scratch a new GTA. That's if they started the new one as soon as IV was completed.

But they don't have to create it from scatch either, so take 6 months off that give a really quite reasonable Oct 10 release date.

Unless my assumptions about blockbuster game publishing are out suicidal.gif

Finally, I'm going to try and haggle the title of the NeXt game down to "GTA No more than 5% chance of it being VC"

Volt Krueger
  • Volt Krueger

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (jnzooger @ Nov 14 2009, 20:38)
QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Nov 14 2009, 20:28)
I don't know if you knew this before . Michael Pachter has reported months ago that Rockstar North is working on the next GTA over a year . His report was taken from a reliable source from Take Two . Read the following :

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter is working as a game journalist now, providing details on the next installment of GTA.

"Management declined to state when the game will launch, but has confirmed to us that the game is in development, has been for over a year, and is using the same game “engines” as the last version." Pachter said. "Management also told us that the team at Rockstar North is highly motivated to get the game out, and that the team understands that its highest payday will come from working on GTA instead of any other game."

Additionally, Pachter speculates on when gamers could get their hands on Grand Theft Auto V:

"When we do the simple math, we conclude that the next installment is likely to be completed by some time in 2010, although given the frequency of game delays, it is not clear that it will necessarily come before October 31, 2010." 

TeamXbox

Yes , logically , Rockstar was working on the next GTA for a long time , but they were working on developing the game's tech to present new gameplay elements and ideas . I don't have much knowledge about the processes and steps of developing a game , but as I know that the first step is developing the game's tech for months to present better gameplay , graphics , sounds ..etc , then , the developers come to story , characters , setting ..etc .

What this tells me is that the next GTA is gonna be like GTA2 in the way that they are using the same, albeit modified, engine, on the same consoles, but set in a new universe separate from the IV canon. Thusly, the next game will be GTA V, with no expansions, and the one after will be on a new console and called GTA VI.

Not true. Some people don't realise IV was the first GTA that was just numbered to come out in a few years. After III there was Vice City and San Andreas. So after V he could be planning to make another titled GTA - And i'm speaking main console wise here. There's been way more odd ball GTA's out if you count the hand held games and such.

I think the main idea was to fool around with all these other features in mini games then come out with a bomb sort of like SA. Like how you could work out and change clothes.

Flores420
  • Flores420

Zaibatsu қєιгιтsυ

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:17 AM

I don't know what or who to believe, but soon we will all find out and see.

I'm just waiting for R* to realize that they don't have to base a GTA off a real-life crime era on a real-life city. Why not make-up their own city, landmarks, crime year, etc.? Imagine all the potential they have with that. Although they have been basing off the GTA's since they started the series..

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:43 AM

@Duke203: I think, if R* North is separated into teams or groups, that Agent probably has more people working on it than the next GTA. For all we know, since Agent is PS3 exclusive, it will probably be a HUGE game. It may even be a hell lot larger than the next GTA in terms of scale. I believe it's also said that Agent is to be part of a franchise meaning there will be more of the games. Am I the only one who feels this way?

thepowkid
  • thepowkid

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

user posted image
user posted image

vice city?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users