[TUT]Shoot While You Move

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic
GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:23 AM

OK, well we all know that player cannot drive-by in DYOM 5. But still using this tip we can get all the fun. biggrin.gif
So, no more discussion, Lets Go!

To do this trick, Follow these steps:-

Step 1:- Make a Car which has a area around its back where CJ can stand.I recommend this one

Step 2:-Create An Actor, select animation as 'Enter Nearest Car' and Driver Route as SLOW!

Step 3:- Set the route points.

Step 4:- Create an object (Object number 17) on the back side of truck(so that you are able to create a teleport objective there!)Like this.

Step 5:- Create an objective (teleport) on the object.

Step 6:- Delete the Object.It should look like this!

Step 7:- Go to a distance from the truck, Spawn a car(better if infernus etc.).

Step 8:- Create an Actor with UZI and select animation as 'Enter Nearest Car' then select Front Passenger.

Step 9:- Create an objective Actor, select animation as 'Enter nearest Car' and Driver Seat then FOLLOW PLAYER BEHIND!

Step 10:- Make sure Kill All Enemies is TURNED OFF.(because if you kill the driver first then the other man would be left behind)

Step 11:- Now Run the mission,You will be on the car and the enemy car will follow you. Now you can shoot while you move! smile.gif

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:24 AM Edited by GTA!!!, 15 November 2009 - 07:29 AM.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

Great trick and very clearly described. cookie.gif cookie.gif

Tug66666
  • Tug66666

Francis McReary

• Members

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

Already knew this, never thought it was that important.

Some players might benefit from this somehow.

( And no, im not lieing about already knowing this - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=417804 , Look for the bit where I mention Challenges. )

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:30 AM

Hey Guys I have added the video tutorial!

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

i used this alrdy in v5 beta, but still cool that someone decided to share this with other people

Gauravdeep
  • Gauravdeep

ROCKER!!

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

Nice and new thanx!

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Gauravdeep @ Nov 18 2009, 14:15)
Nice and new thanx!

Welcome! biggrin.gif

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:48 PM

Great movie.. I've added this tutorial to the list in the pinned tutorials topic.

Would you mind if we add your video to the DYOM website on the tutorials page (with credits to you of course) ?

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (PatrickW @ Nov 20 2009, 22:48)
Would you mind if we add your video to the DYOM website on the tutorials page (with credits to you of course) ?

I would be delighted! biggrin.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:11 AM

man i need help!! theres alot more to my mission ofcourse... but right when i start with this part.. my mission crashes! please any suggestions.. do i have to make the actor drivin the car the objective???

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:10 PM Edited by GTA!!!, 07 July 2010 - 03:13 PM.

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Jul 7 2010, 11:41)
man i need help!! theres alot more to my mission ofcourse... but right when i start with this part.. my mission crashes! please any suggestions.. do i have to make the actor drivin the car the objective???

Yes you have to make the actor driving the car the objective. About the crash, first create the vehicle then create the actor. I found that it crashes when I make an actor with driving anim without the car. It could be a case with bugged actors also( see kratos's topic)

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

>.<... Thanks for the help.. that helped a little... but now i have a problem witht eh route points.... i make the the route points for the driver and after i complete with the actor... it crashes sad.gif I dont really get whats goin on but its annoying..

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:56 AM

I already knew this, but it's great that someone could write it all out. Just a note, if you set the actor to drive "Drive route - Slow" or "Drive Route - Normal", then they will stop at traffic lights. This sucks, so the only way you can complete the chase mood is to make them "Drive Route - Agressive" which makes it hard to hold on. Anyways, this is a great Tut.

GTA!!!
  • GTA!!!

DYOM Mission Designer!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (Chimpso @ Jul 8 2010, 08:26)
I already knew this, but it's great that someone could write it all out. Just a note, if you set the actor to drive "Drive route - Slow" or "Drive Route - Normal", then they will stop at traffic lights. This sucks, so the only way you can complete the chase mood is to make them "Drive Route - Agressive" which makes it hard to hold on. Anyways, this is a great Tut.

Tutorials are always for beginners. Anyways thanx! biggrin.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (GTA!!! @ Jul 8 2010, 20:30)
QUOTE (Chimpso @ Jul 8 2010, 08:26)

Tutorials are always for beginners. Anyways thanx! biggrin.gif

Good point. Anyways, I think I will write one now that I have some spare time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users