» «
Photo

GRIM's IV WIPs

160 replies to this topic
GRIM!!
  • GRIM!!

Gunsmith

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:45 PM Edited by GRIM!!, 25 November 2009 - 11:52 PM.

Edit: I DONT TAKE REQUESTS BUT I DO TAKE YOUR MOM

Guess whos back wink.gif

In this thread im gonna show WIP stuff before release, first off is a Eotech dot sight that will be added on som various weapons...

user posted image

I have been away for a long time so im totaly new to IV modding so if anyone feels like they are good at exporting weapons with flash to IV gimme a PM and become my main exports man wink.gif

Some new stuff thats also done is a Chinese drummag for my AKM, American Ultimak railed gastube also for my AKM that will let me mount the Eotech on just like the hillbilly gunrange gunnuts or the Contractors in Iraq.

Pics later when the Eotech is done.

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

This one is with the red circle in middle, not dot, right?

GJ, it's kickass!

GRIM!!
  • GRIM!!

Gunsmith

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

Circle and dot, they are all called dot sights.

Thx smile.gif

Jimbo_V
  • Jimbo_V

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah and yeah.
Can't wait to have some good HQ Weapons from GRIM ingame. In SA they looked really great. Replaced all my weapon with yours. colgate.gif
In IV they'll even look better, I guess.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:07 PM

Can't wait man... I've been waiting for this since it's possible to mod GTAIV 'properly'!

Looking good! Looks sharper than your previous work... (might also 'seem' shaper) Keep it up, hopefully someone wants to put your stuff ingame! :]

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:08 PM

Looking fantastic, as always, GRIM. Great job. cookie.gif cookie.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

Looks awesome. Can't wait to have a sh*tload of weapons in GTA biggrin.gif

GRIM!!
  • GRIM!!

Gunsmith

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:45 PM Edited by GRIM!!, 07 November 2009 - 09:54 PM.

Thx all.

Fullmetal
Looking good! Looks sharper than your previous work... (might also 'seem' shaper) Keep it up, hopefully someone wants to put your stuff ingame! :]

I have used a 1024x1024 texture instead of 512x512 wich i used to use in older GTA games since IV so so much more detailed.
Gonna try to have slighty more polys on my new models also but not to much, dont wanna add to much unessasary polys that wont be seen ingame and will look the same with a texture on it.

Things on my list to do soon is some more difrent Kalashnikov variants and a brand new M4A1 Sopmod with more details and accesories to optional add on.

I have a Uzi mini i never finished some years ago i might refresh and finish and also started a brand new Spas12, but cannot promise i will complete them.

Also might just report some of my lastest older weapons to IV and some might get an addon like folding stock etc.

I also would like to try and skin some new clothes for Niko just have to figure out how its done these days now, if anyone feel they have info the ywanna share on how to open and save skins please PM me.

Is there something especially you hardcore fans would like see?
And no this is not a request thread
So if anyone have an good and realistic idea motivate why it should fit into the IV scene ie not request on 50 Cent and 2pac with a dual minigun with 10 lasers and 2 grenade launchers wink.gif

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

lovin' your stuff man...i started with some weapons too biggrin.gif

Jimbo_V
  • Jimbo_V

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see some clothes from you GRIM. I liked the few ones you made for SA. They were badass. colgate.gif

Ideas:
Maybe a SAW? Or a sawn-off shotgun? smile.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

Yes M249, or maybe a HQ G36? biggrin.gif
It's great to hear about the M4 Sopmod. I can't wait to kill some bastards with a proper m4 smile.gif

gtacarl
  • gtacarl

Playing Dead Frontier, Free Online MMO. My username is TheWheelO

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:01 AM

Good to see you again, Grim

lowridincrew
  • lowridincrew

The WerkHeads Vice President

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2009 - 02:16 AM

Good to see you back and tight models and crispy textures

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

Awesome mod, maybe someone could make it so that when you scope in you look through the scope?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (GRIM!! @ Nov 7 2009, 22:45)
I also would like to try and skin some new clothes for Niko just have to figure out how its done these days now, if anyone feel they have info the ywanna share on how to open and save skins please PM me.

You want to know how you have to open it, export it, save it?

Well, I'll hit you up on MSN and explain it. It's not that hard since it's actually similar to how it's done in previous GTA's. Get yourself SPARKIV which can be found HERE.

Don't mind, this is the best version of SPARK, since the other one in the beginning of the SPARKIV topic is 'outdated' and doesn't work with the latest version of IV. Also, if you haven't got it already, you should use the 'filechecker'. This allows you to modify and customise most files but still play the game online and use Games for Windows Live. This can be found over HERE.

It shouldn't be a problem installing them: it's obvious or it's explained really well.

If you want to get to it straight away: Niko's 'skins' can be found in the PC/MODELS/CDIMAGES (just look at the left of SPARK IV, scroll all the way down and you'll see the 'models/CD IMAGES' down there).

Open up 'playerped.rpf' and check for WTD files (those are normally the 'skin files'. Just use EDIT instead of VIEW (in the top 'tool bar'). With open you just open them to 'view'... edit opens them which allows you to view them and edit/export/import the textures. Also, some textures might need normalmaps/specularmaps. That's probably going to be new to you. I know what these things are but I'm not the one who needs to explain how this is made properly (since I don't know how it's done). The only thing I know is that you can make normalmaps with a certain tool...

I hope this helps, if I might have said some mistakes please correct me if I'm wrong.

LeonPlisken
  • LeonPlisken

Ungreatful Ninja

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

Right as Grim finally surfaces again people try hitting him with requests. Let the guy work, he's got a ton of great ideas all on his own and his last pack of weapons was WAY up to par with anything that Rockstar tried to put in GTA 4.

I really hope to see your work in the new engine and it's great to see you back in action. I really hope most of all that you can get your gorgeous Hockey Mask model in gta4... then again I don't have 4 so my thoughts are invalid. Welcome back to the forums mate, they missed you.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:30 AM

Yeah you're right... I was also thinking about the hockeymask. I think it'd look badass on Niko biggrin.gif . (also, if possible and if people find the files... it would be goddamn epic if other balaclavas from NPC's could be replaced with Hockeymasks. Now that would make one certain mission look even more badass!).

Michael2Corleone
  • Michael2Corleone

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:16 PM Edited by Michael2Corleone, 08 November 2009 - 12:52 PM.

Yea man.Awesome as allways..Good progress GRIM!need some Modern Warfare 2 Vids to get a idea?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

I don't think GRIM needs any references from another videogame (and especially one that has inaccurate weaponmodels and such).

I'm convinced GRIM knows where to find good reference pictures and/or has them already.

Michael2Corleone
  • Michael2Corleone

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Nov 8 2009, 12:49)
I don't think GRIM needs any references from another videogame (and especially one that has inaccurate weaponmodels and such).

I'm convinced GRIM knows where to find good reference pictures and/or has them already.

Ok i goona remove link xD
thx..for that metal

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:21 PM Edited by EduardKoeleJuck, 09 November 2009 - 04:06 PM.

Finally, you're back! Eotech's looking great. I'd really love to see the AKM.
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

@fullmetal: MW2 hasn't got inaccurate weapon models, and if it did, it wouldn't make a difference, would it? He just said it for some inspiration.

GRIM!!
  • GRIM!!

Gunsmith

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Jus twanted to say im going to "refresh" my AKM kalashnikov for IV

Just finished the model wich now have a higher detail level, adjusted some wrong too look more corect and added slingloops front and back.
It will be complete reskinned with two 1024x1024 textures to get as much details as possible.

Packs to be released that i have setled my mind for this far is

AK vs M4: pack

- AKM
- M4A1 with RIS

GRIM's Weapon Pack Volume IV:

- Glock17
(unsure Possible my old Desert Eagle refreshed)

- M870 w topfoldingstock "GTAIII style"
- Protecta medium long w topfoldingstock

- Uzi Mini
- (Unsure, UMP45 maybe)

- AKMS
- M4A1 Sopmod w RIS, Eotech

Then im unsure if im gonna add more weapons to that pack so it will be some smaller than my recent "big packs"

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:48 PM Edited by EduardKoeleJuck, 14 November 2009 - 04:57 PM.

QUOTE (GRIM!! @ Nov 13 2009, 21:16)
Jus twanted to say im going to "refresh" my AKM kalashnikov for IV

Just finished the model wich now have a higher detail level, adjusted some wrong too look more corect and added slingloops front and back.
It will be complete reskinned with two 1024x1024 textures to get as much details as possible.

Packs to be released that i have setled my mind for this far is

AK vs M4: pack

- AKM
- M4A1 with RIS

GRIM's Weapon Pack Volume IV:

- Glock17
(unsure Possible my old Desert Eagle refreshed)

- M870 w topfoldingstock "GTAIII style"
- Protecta medium long w topfoldingstock

- Uzi Mini
- (Unsure, UMP45 maybe)

- AKMS
- M4A1 Sopmod w RIS, Eotech

Then im unsure if im gonna add more weapons to that pack so it will be some smaller than my recent "big packs"

Sounds cool, but if you replace the Micro Uzi with a UMP, the animations aren't right. Maybe replace the MP10 with a UMP? That would be great.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read it well, never mind. I thought you were replacing the Micro UZI with a UMP. colgate.gif
Maybe, if you don't do a UMP, you could you an UZI, replacing the MP10.
Later

EDIT 2:
Maybe you could replace the sniper rifle with an SVD Dragunov? sigh.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

Well GRIM I hope you just go for your 'old Desert Eagle' model refreshed. I really digg that one.

Can't wait for all of this :]!

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Nov 14 2009, 14:42)
Well GRIM I hope you just go for your 'old Desert Eagle' model refreshed. I really digg that one.

Can't wait for all of this :]!

Your right on that icon14.gif

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Hey grim, I guess you're going to use normal maps? in that sight pic you showed, a lot of that detail could go directly in the normal, no need to model it smile.gif

looking nice!

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

I'm dying for a HQ M82 Barrett. A simple MP5 would be great instead of the f*ck ugly MP10.

GRIM!!
  • GRIM!!

Gunsmith

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

EduardKoeleJuck: A full suzi Uzi would fit aswell but i think the UMP would fit better since the FBI/Swat uses it aswell.
I allways try to have in mind on wich "peds" who are gonna use it aswell to go along with the story.

Fullmetal: Yeah ive allways wanted to do a alternative 10inch barrel aswell.

Jost_Vice: Could u PM me and explain more? I really suck at 3D programs, the only thing i can do is to model and uvmap my textures. sad.gif

Rob.Zombie: Yeah ive allways wanted to do a Barret M82, or also the Romnaian sniper wich is a mix of AKM and Dragunov and is called PSL, it is used in Max Payne 2 for example.

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Rest in peace, Nate Dogg.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

Cool ideas you got there, GRIM. Hopefully they'll look as good as your previous works or better (not sure if it's possible though.)

Fischkopf
  • Fischkopf

Admin

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

Cool youre back, your san andreas stuff was great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users