» «
Photo

[IV[WIP]] Police Pursuit Mod

360 replies to this topic
Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

Police Pursuit Mod Developer

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:09 PM Edited by Anderson2005, 21 June 2011 - 09:57 PM.

Latest Version: 7.6c
Latest [X] Version: 7.5c[x]

Official & Latest Information Can Be Found Here

Developer Blog http://www.policemod.com/iv/

Download Latest Non-[X] Version: Download Police Pursuit Mod 7.6c

Download Latest [X] Version: http://www.policemod...click.php?id=19

Hello guys, just wanted to share my mod with you guys.

This mod allows players to take on the role as a Police Officer conducting police pursuits. The mod focuses on police pursuits mainly at this time because I love police chases and so I decided to create a mod that suits my needs instead of using other peoples mods that only achieve half of my goal. Apon creating it I was told others others may benefit from it so here it is... Please keep in mind this mod is at beta stage. It has been tested on patches from 1.0.2.0 to 1.0.4.0 and works fine! Please reports bugs to author email or website thanks! (Current version: 4.0 beta)

Any new developments or changes will be posted on the mods homesite. http://www.policemod.com Moderators if by posting this link I have violated any rules remove the link and/or post if you must.

Feature list:
  • Customizable configuration file to allow you to bind whatever keys you prefer.
  • Full 'police officer' experience, including full police officer uniform, police hat and a standard police officer firearm.
  • Ability to spawn a police vehicle at your location on-request.
  • Ability to repair your vehicle if you suffer damage and don't want to loose the vehicle or have to hunt around for another.
  • Ability to call for police backup wherever whenever.
  • Experience long, fun and sometimes challenging chases all over Liberty City.
  • Call-outs to criminal offences ranging from the minor traffic light runner or vehicle theft to a man carrying a rocket launcher.
  • Real police IV voices and phrases added to you so that when you encounter a certain event it will say one of these phrases.
  • Police officers will NOT attack or hurt you under any circumstance - they're your friend smile.gif
  • Some criminals can be intimidated by your presence and may pull over allowing for an easy arrest.
  • Experience intense shoot-outs with gangs trying to overtake the city.
  • And much much more to come!
Enjoy smile.gif

Installation:
  • Download the mod from the link above!
  • Double click on the Police Pursuit Mod.exe file to start the installation.
  • Follow the on-screen prompts as and when required. Ensure the path to your GTA IV is correct.
  • Once installed, start GTA IV as you would normally. If the installation was done correctly you will be prompted with a box saying "You have successfully installed Police Pursuit Mod...".
  • Once ingame, Press numpad 0 to go "on duty" and start being a police officer. smile.gif
FAQ:
    [Q] How do I install the mod?
    [A] Read the 'Installation' section above ^

[Q] What should I do if I find a bug?
    [A] If you find a bug within the mod, report this directly to the developer blog website. ( http://www.policemod.com). Please check the developer blog website BEFORE posting a bug report as chances are, someone may have already reported it.

[Q] What should I do if I see the messages in-game but when I press numpad 0, nothing happens?
    [A] It's quite common for people to have the numpad turned ON by default. However, some computers don't have this turned ON by default in which case you would need to do that manually by pressing the "Num lock" button. If it still doesn't work and you DO see the mod messages at the start of the game then some other mod is also using the numpad 0 button and its conflicting or your numpad 0 button is broken.

[Q] Can I download the source code to your mod?
    [A] No.

[Q] If I have an idea that I think would improve the mod, what should I do?
    [A] The best way to get your suggestion/idea to developer(s) is via the Developer website shown above. Developer(s) read that site on a daily basis and will respond to any questions you have, aswell as make notes of all your ideas and suggestions. We cannot guaruntee that all ideas/suggestions will be in the next release (or any version in the future) but we can guaruntee that all ideas/suggestions are considered.

[Q] Is 'Police Pursuit Mod' compatible with all other mods?
    [A] Impossible to say. I do not use any other coded mods like these besides my own so in theory this mod SHOULD be compatible with most mods. The only time our mod won't be compatible with another mod is if that mod is using the same keys as ours. It has been reported that the following mods cause crashes and or undesired effects when using our mod:

* Simple Native Trainer
    * ELS
Current Developers:
    NeO_Anderson / Anderson

Some videos:

Police Pursuit Mod 7.5c Beta - Demo

'Lights Only' mode (Included in beta 4.0 and onwards)

Little pursuit to demonstrate some of the early stages of the mod.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

Please allow Mr Mysterious to use this if he hasnt already made it himself, cus that would make his mod complete (i assume you were refering to his)

Good work, i havnt tried it since MM mod update is out soon and that might have this in it wink.gif

Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

Please allow Mr Mysterious to use this if he hasnt already made it himself, cus that would make his mod complete (i assume you were refering to his)

I have no clue what you meant by this part.

Good work,

Thanks! my first mod for IV smile.gif development details will be posted on the mod.team-neo.com site I will try to update this thread accordingly.

max94
  • max94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

The mod doesnt work on my pc.
And now all other mod lool. cool.gif

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

hey this is pretty awsome!
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
add an INI and loose the messages
Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif icon14.gif

henhen
  • henhen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:37 AM

You really are want to have a look at the script again and give some warning to people not to replace their xlive.dll and ScriptHook.dll without having a backup. Why? you'd pissed off quite a lot of people if they cant run their other scripts because of yours.

But anyway, apart from its not working, you have done some good job making this sort of script.

andslasher123
  • andslasher123

LCPDK911

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Anderson2005 @ Nov 5 2009, 15:09)
Hello guys, just wanted to share my mod with you guys.

This mod allows players to take on the role as a Police Officer conducting police pursuits. The mod focuses on police pursuits mainly at this time because I love police chases and so I decided to create a mod that suits my needs instead of using other peoples mods that only achieve half of my goal. Apon creating it I was told others others may benefit from it so here it is... Please keep in mind this mod is at beta stage. It has been tested on Patch 2 and works fine! Please reports bugs to author email or website thanks! (Current version: 1.0 beta)

[UPDATE] I have now tested this mod on 1.0.3.0 and 1.0.4.0 and the mod itself is working perfectly. I cannot say the same for a working ASI loader for these versions. It took me about 3 different ASI Loaders before I could get the game to load ASI mods. I will determine a working one and attach it with my mod to make life easier for you.

Any new developments or changes will be posted on the mods homesite. http://mods.team-neo.com Moderators if by posting this link I have violated any rules remove the link and/or post if you must.

Version '2.0 Beta' at this time will include 2 crash fixes and Emergency Lights allowing players to activate the lights without sirens.

Enjoy smile.gif

Download from here till I can figure out how to add it to this site properly.

Mod doesn't work I hold 0 Num Key and nothing happens I have ASI loader and the mods I downloaded from you and nothing is working Any chance That I can get your files from your ASI loader because I think my isn't working for this MOD.

grundybin
  • grundybin

LCPD Police Officer

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:01 AM

Wahoo Im the next idiot that ignored everyones warnings and installed it, mod doesn't work - stuffs all other mods.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

just dont put the 'scripthook.dll' and the other files in your IV dir... just the 'pursuit***.asi' dozingoff.gif

Msact
  • Msact

Münster´z Dream

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

Is this a Clone of the LCPD First Response Mod?

KaLaC
  • KaLaC

Quality not Quantity

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

It doesnt work for me at all.

hardsty1e
  • hardsty1e

RIP Yeardley Diamond

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:42 PM Edited by hardsty1e, 08 November 2009 - 07:22 AM.

QUOTE (Msact @ Nov 6 2009, 14:37)
Is this a Clone of the LCPD First Response Mod?

You know if someone else makes a police mod doesnt mean that its a clone of LCPD first response mod dozingoff.gif other modders have different style. All in all, Badass Police Pursuit mod Anderson2005 biggrin.gif cant wait for more improvements biggrin.gif . cookie.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

Edit: facepalm you get the point lol.gif

andslasher123
  • andslasher123

LCPDK911

• Members

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (HippieCommunist @ Nov 6 2009, 12:15)
just dont put the 'scripthook.dll' and the other files in your IV dir... just the 'pursuit***.asi' dozingoff.gif

I just tried that and holded Numkey 0 but nothing happens And i just put the pursuit file also other mod works even LCPDFR expect for this pursuit mod.

Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

Hello people thanks for the input.

Firstly I want to apologise to everyone that encountered problems when they replaced their orignal loaders with mine. The only reason I added the loaders was because people kept saying the mod didn't work for them - I assumed it was because their loaders were out of date or something so I supplied everything I knew that got the mod working for me.

I honestly don't understand how the mod can work for some people but not others even when they have the exact same files as mine. I can only assume it perhaps has something to do with the games being from different regions perhaps? like the EU version being different to the US version? that's the only thing I can think of because I included everything that got the mod going for me....

I even remove the game and deleted the directory the installed the game and tested the mod with the standard/unpatched game and it didnt work so I installed the 1.0.4.0 patch and tested again it ran fine so I assume these loaders will work on 1.0.2.0 or newer - I originally had 1.0.2.0 when I was developing this mod way back... and it worked fine for me so I never needed to updae the game but now this mod is public it would make sense to update to the patch that everyone else has and test it there so I can see what other people would see when they ran the mod. But yes... after I installed a completely fresh version of the game and installed the 1.0.4.0 patch the mod loaded fine. I used ONLY the files that came in the police pursuit mod.zip file and it worked right out of the box so I honestly don't get it. =\ perhaps other files windows related are missing like runtime files or something im not sure at this time - as soon as I figure out what it is ill try to fix it if I can.

@ The guy that said this is a clone, don't be stupid please... as someone already said, just because two mods come out of similiar genre does not mean that its a clone or in anyway trying to replicate something someone else had made... the first response mod didnt even work for me thats why I couldnt find any mod that suited my needs so I created my own. This mod was never even meant to be public it was a private project for myself but someone said they would like me to make it public because they would download and use it! thats why I thought perhaps others would too... I am not trying to copy anyones work I just wanted to make GTA IV more fun for me - if someone else developed soemthing that has similiar features or gameply aspects to my mod then thats purely because I had a brainwave and decided to create it or someone sent me a message asking me to include it and I did.

If you guys that DID manage to get it working can you say what you did to get it going?

For those that didnt get it working can you post your .log files from the game directory like fore xample the asilog.txt file, ScriptHook.dll file an so on. Just want to check for errors and stuff.

Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:31 AM Edited by Anderson2005, 07 November 2009 - 02:36 AM.

Just had a thought, for the guys that can't get it going can you try to alternate the files for example try running the game without my xlive.dll and see if it works.

also, try using this ScriptHook.dll file instead: Download and see if it helps.

Also from the developer site can you try using the "extra" files that I added to the main side, dsound.dll and the other.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES BEFORE YOU USE THESE

I am only asking you to try this to see if it will help get the mod working. If it does PLEASE report back here so I can advise others to try the same thing thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, just a quick question regarding improvements/features of the mod. I have (since I made the mod) included a 'god mode' option but this is disabled in all the public versions as I didn't know if you guys would approve of having this in-game. My question is, should I enable this for the public version?

Also, I will look into getting the keys into an INI file for you all aswell as this is requested quite a few times now. I used keys that benefited myself and since the mod wasnt meant to be publlic I never really bothered trying to get it into an INI lol but I will do. I will try to get it in Beta 3.0.

Oh and Beta 2.0 is released with 2 more features/additions and also a few bug fixes. Info is on developer site.

henhen
  • henhen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:34 AM Edited by henhen, 07 November 2009 - 05:43 AM.

I'm keen to try this script but dont really want to bother installing an unusable script. Have anyone had any luck getting it work?

download 2.0 is 403 forbidden?

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:53 PM

same...

Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

Sorry the link is fixed.

Terminator56
  • Terminator56

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

I keep turning into a firefighter when i enter any vehicle, on duty or off duty. I believe its a problem with this mod...

Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:07 PM

Do you have any other mods installed? more importantly do you have any skin selectors?

I'll look into this aswell. I (Before I released the mod) was working on doing fire fighter missions aswell as police ones as that too was something I liked in previous versions of GTA but sadly they removed them. But about half way through I thought it would be better if I polished up the poilce sideo f things first before starting on fire fighter. Perhaps I left something in there.... illl look into it smile.gif

Terminator56
  • Terminator56

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

i do have the player selector, i will try removeing that

hardsty1e
  • hardsty1e

RIP Yeardley Diamond

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

I think you upload the wrong version... 1.1beta not 2.0

Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:32 AM

No mate I did not upload the wrong version. Grab the latest version of the mod from the mod development site. This mod is listed in a few places, I'm not going to update every single site everytime I update the mod it's just too much work so instead... grab the mod from one site - the site where its developed. smile.gif

hardsty1e
  • hardsty1e

RIP Yeardley Diamond

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:05 AM

I don't know if im high or what but I redownload the 2.0 beta from your site http://mods.team-neo.com/iv/ then when in game it says mod version 1.1 beta. also to make sure that if it was 2.0 I tryed the emergency lights (num_9) you added but no go... bored.gif

henhen
  • henhen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

YAY!... still doesnt work lol... even with 2.0. no clue why... I'll probably wait off till the script gets mature..

Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:45 PM Edited by Anderson2005, 09 November 2009 - 05:48 PM.

Hello me again! I have a beta 3.0 released that I am hoping will solve the loading issue.

Please, if the mod didnt work for you before please try with beta 3.0 I was advised by an expert to change the way I was compiling it and now reckons it should work.

The lastest version as always is available from http://mods.team-neo.com/iv/

Please post if it works for you now and didnt before!

Changelog Beta 3.0:

* [BETA 3.0] Applied suggested changes to hoepfully fix loading issues for everyone.
Posted by: NeO_Anderson @ [17:28 09/11/2009]

* [BETA 3.0] Added configuration file to allow people to set whatever keys they want to use with this mod.
Posted by: NeO_Anderson @ [01:55 08/11/2009]

And thanks for the support guys smile.gif

EZ2009
  • EZ2009

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

it now works for me as before it didnt work so i wanna say thanx for sorting it out and its a awesome mod keep up the good work...

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

Is this compatable with LCPD First Response????

i.e. can i go on duty with the LCPD FR mod and still engage this mod??

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:14 PM

Ah it does work untill you stop the car theif, then the LCPD FR script crashes.

Shame cus they go really well together, not trying to annoy this mod maker, its a great stand alone mod but i wanna run both at same time see, they both rule smile.gif

Anderson2005
  • Anderson2005

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:25 PM

Sorry I don't have or use the FR mod (it doesnt work for me) so I doubt I'll try to make it compatible with it... what I can guaruntee is that many many more features and improves will happen with my mod as time passes smile.gif feel free to post your ideas/thoughts and I will do my best to get them done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users