Quantcast

» «
Photo

So were Luis' 2 friends related to Liz & Mallorie?

26 replies to this topic
Moss27
  • Moss27

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:27 AM

I remember someone posting that Armando and Henrique's last names were the same as Elizabeta and Mallorie so we figured it would fit into the story somehow. Anyone else surprised that this didn't get mentioned in the game?

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

Yeah I think one of them is related to Mallorie. Niko's Bohan safe house belongs to Mallorie's cousin or something.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:41 AM

No. Elizabeta and Mallorie are Puerto Rican, and Luis and his crew are Dominican. Although maybe a Dominican and Puerto Rican can be related, nothing at all supports the idea that these characters are at all related.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:42 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 05 November 2009 - 08:52 AM.

Their last names are "Bardas", and "Torres" respectively. Which are the last names of Mallorie, and Elizabeta.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they were cousins. Although this could be R* creating another mystery like they always do. lol

botobotosouksouk
  • botobotosouksouk

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

I don't think so. I think it's weird that R* made two characters with the same last name that have no relation.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Nov 5 2009, 01:42)
Their last names are "Bardas", and "Torres" respectively. Which are the last names of Mallorie, and Elizabeta.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they were cousins. Although this could be R* creating another mystery like they always do. lol

This shines a better light on the theory. Maybe so.

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

I'm pretty sure they are related. In "Clocking Off", the conversation to the meet has Henrique talking about Armando's sister. He says she taught him the meaning of DVDA. A female named Torres who gets wild with sex? Sure sounds a lot like Elizabeta to me. So I'm sticking with the idea that they are brothers and sisters. Besides, look at Henrique, he is literally the male version of Mallorie, they look so similar.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

I want to believe that they are related. But then again, aren't Armando and Henrique supposed to be a part of the Northwood Dominican drug dealers? Mallorie and Liz Torres are both Puerto Rican.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Rucke @ Nov 5 2009, 23:16)
I want to believe that they are related. But then again, aren't Armando and Henrique supposed to be a part of the Northwood Dominican drug dealers? Mallorie and Liz Torres are both Puerto Rican.

If they're cousins it's still highly possible. Maybe they have bood from both sides? Vic in VCS was half white, half Dominican.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

The two guys are Dominican and Mallorie and Elizabeta are Puerto Rican so I highly doubt it. I thought maybe they were Puerto Rican before the game comes out but they say that they're Dominican in one of the missions. Henrique does look alot like Mallorie.. and Armando looks slightly like Liz so maybe but I think it's highly unlikely.

spartant15
  • spartant15

the wise guy

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Maybe. But didn't she say she had a bunch cousins though.

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

All I could find was that Armando's nationality is hispanic and the Dominican drug dealers are associated with with Elizabetas gang as they are all part of the "Hispanic" gangs that are in Liberty city, I don't know if rockstar messed up or what but you can only make it what you want to believe I guess.

GTA IV Gangs

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic are on neighboring islands and there's plenty of migration.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

They aren't in the Dominican Drug Dealers. They're independent, as far as I can tell when they reference members of the gang (Willy Valerio, Gomez Brothers) they say they are fools, obviously not part of the same gang. I seem to get the impression they're independent dealers with only relation to gang members. Also, who says the Dominican Drug Dealers only employed Dominicans? I think if you're a drug dealer, you don't necessarily close your doors to the experienced criminals because they aren't the right nationality (perhaps race (for some gangs) but Puerto Rican and Dominican don't sound so far apart).

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (El Zilcho @ Nov 5 2009, 21:23)
They aren't in the Dominican Drug Dealers. They're independent, as far as I can tell when they reference members of the gang (Willy Valerio, Gomez Brothers) they say they are fools, obviously not part of the same gang. I seem to get the impression they're independent dealers with only relation to gang members. Also, who says the Dominican Drug Dealers only employed Dominicans? I think if you're a drug dealer, you don't necessarily close your doors to the experienced criminals because they aren't the right nationality (perhaps race (for some gangs) but Puerto Rican and Dominican don't sound so far apart).

The reason I think people are saying that they're Dominican is that in a mission Armando says that Dominican Moms are always hard on theyre sons, he and henrique's moms are the same.. Meaning that they have Dominican Mom's.. Mallorie and Elizabeta could have Domican dads and be sisters of Armando and Henrique but then there's the fact that Armando and Henrique grew up in Northwood and Liz and Mallorie grew up in south bohan (or in Liz's case moved there when they were young).

DRz Calderon
  • DRz Calderon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:19 PM

I may add something you guys may not know, but when you call henrique or armando to hangout and listen to the conversations, once I picked them up and Enrique was talking about how he may move back to the DR. And armando replied by saying that those who go back to the island never come back like his mother and father. try it.

try it. call them and listen to their conversation. they will mention it. And for all we know Elizabeta and mallorie can be sisters in law.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (DRz Calderon @ Nov 5 2009, 22:19)
I may add something you guys may not know, but when you call henrique or armando to hangout and listen to the conversations, once I picked them up and Enrique was talking about how he may move back to the DR. And armando replied by saying that those who go back to the island never come back like his mother and father. try it.

try it. call them and listen to their conversation. they will mention it. And for all we know Elizabeta and mallorie can be sisters in law.

Mallorie states that they're friends though. The names are just a coincidence I'd say... Something to get people talking pre-release

Darkseid
  • Darkseid

Supreme ruler of Apokolips

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

It's also possible that there can be people with the same last name & not be related in any way. Not everyone in Liberty City with the same last name have to be related to one another.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

Armando Torres is a street-level drug dealer and childhood friend of Luis. He employs his other childhood friend, Henrique Bardas, as his bodyguard, and hopes to one day form his own drug distribution ring. He can be called upon to sell Luis weapons from the back of his SUV. He is of Puerto Rican descent, and is a relative of Elizabeta Torres.

Henrique Bardas is a partner of Armando Torres and a childhood friend of Luis. Henrique is the muscle of the crew, while Armando is the brains. He can be called upon to deliver vehicles to Luis. Henrique's IQ is said to be only 76, and as a result he has never been able to land a legitimate job, forcing him to turn to crime to support himself. He is the cousin of Mallorie Bardas, and his apartment serves as Niko and Roman Bellic's safehouse in Bohan.

This is what i found in Wikipedia.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

^ Well it is wrong.

Why would henrique have a spare house in Bohan when grew he up in northwood?. With his IQ its is not that he have all the money in the world.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

Also during drug wars Armando shouts something like 'I hear you guys have some product, mind sharing it with three Domican guys', which along with Henrique's quotes, it pretty much confirms that they are dominican for a start, but there is every possibility they are related to Lis and Mallorie.

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

I assumed they were cousins. They can't be immediate family, as they all grew up in different locations. They could possibly be half-siblings?

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

Can't be, Mallorie is Puerto Rican and A or H, which one it was, whatever, is Dominican. Same for Elizabeta.

liquidus119
  • liquidus119

King of Kings

• Members

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:48 PM

Do they even reference their last names in the game? This whole thing just stinks of a rush job on Rockstar North's part. The whole story has holes like this...

nikoklebitz
  • nikoklebitz

ty 4 lyfe

• Members

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (KGBeast @ Nov 5 2009, 11:17)
I'm pretty sure they are related. In "Clocking Off", the conversation to the meet has Henrique talking about Armando's sister. He says she taught him the meaning of DVDA. A female named Torres who gets wild with sex? Sure sounds a lot like Elizabeta to me. So I'm sticking with the idea that they are brothers and sisters. Besides, look at Henrique, he is literally the male version of Mallorie, they look so similar.

it was luis's sister they were talking about

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Nov 22 2009, 08:25)
Can't be, Mallorie is Puerto Rican and A or H, which one it was, whatever, is Dominican. Same for Elizabeta.

Isn't that kinda like saying if you're Filipino, you can't have Black relatives?

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Duxfever @ Nov 23 2009, 07:41)
QUOTE (Cheat @ Nov 22 2009, 08:25)

Isn't that kinda like saying if you're Filipino, you can't have Black relatives?

Lol, good point but you get mines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users