Photo

How Do I Make A Lot Of Cash?

10 replies to this topic
El Burro 69
  • El Burro 69

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

I've been playon TLAD on the EFLC disk and am finding it difficult to buy the more expensive weapons without going bankrupt. Seems like you really have to 'work' in this one.

Any tips or ideas on how to make a lot of cash quickly. I want to buy the grenade launcher and lots of ammo rampage_ani.gif

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

If you do all gang wars you will get weapons delivered to your safehouse.

distant_sounds
  • distant_sounds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:01 AM

You can't really, I think it's good as it adds to the reality of your situation. Doing side missions during the game is the key to gaining funds so make sure to do many of them between main missions and don't just rush through the main story.

smeagol
  • smeagol

Razmataz

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:39 AM

You could also be losing alot of money if you keep dieing, also if you run out of ammo on a gun you have to buy the weapon again, so try not to use all your ammo.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:05 PM

I faced the same situation - the only real way to gain cash quickly is through:

- Races (12 races will net you about $20-30K)
- Gangwars (Can make you up to $400K - if you have the time and patience)
- Storyline Missions
- Angus Bike Thefts

This is quite early on in the game. Maybe after 4-5 missions.

Don't bother buying weapons early on either, except for maybe a Sniper Rifle and a Carbine Rifle. During missions or even if you're on the run from the law, they'll use heavy duty weapons and if you have a lower grade weapon - simply kill them and pick up their weapon. This will absorb the ammo (e.g. if you have a Micro SMG and pick up an SMG, you'll have roughly the same amount as you did before).

As for handguns, stick to Jim bringing one to the safehouse for you. He can bring pistols, automatic 9mm, sawn off's, etc.

Also, Securicars (green bulletproof-like vans) are seen driving around the city. Get one, blow it up and receive $1-2K (and maybe a 2 star wanted rating, not too hard to lose)

That's about all the ways I know how to make money thus far. I'm in the process of doing Gang Wars so weapons show up to the safehouse instead (except, I don't know where they are in the Lost Club House... I look in the table at the arm wrestling room and it isn't there! If anyone could shed any light on this, that'd be helpful)

distant_sounds
  • distant_sounds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Coral_City @ Nov 3 2009, 22:05)
That's about all the ways I know how to make money thus far. I'm in the process of doing Gang Wars so weapons show up to the safehouse instead (except, I don't know where they are in the Lost Club House... I look in the table at the arm wrestling room and it isn't there! If anyone could shed any light on this, that'd be helpful)

The weapons turn up at the Safehouse where the tv and computer are. Just walk to where the tv is and turn right, you'll see some shelves and the red glow of the weapons can be seen.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (distant_sounds @ Nov 3 2009, 18:39)
QUOTE (Coral_City @ Nov 3 2009, 22:05)

The weapons turn up at the Safehouse where the tv and computer are. Just walk to where the tv is and turn right, you'll see some shelves and the red glow of the weapons can be seen.

Cool, thanks! I'll check it out when I have the time, but it's good to know the weapons are there tounge.gif

El Burro 69
  • El Burro 69

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. Only problem is, Johnny and the boys burnt the clubhouse down! Where do I get the weapon pickups now?

Awesome game though. Love the whole biker theme. Its like a modern day western but instead of horses, they ride bikes.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (El Burro 69 @ Nov 4 2009, 15:45)
Thanks for the advice guys. Only problem is, Johnny and the boys burnt the clubhouse down! Where do I get the weapon pickups now?

Awesome game though. Love the whole biker theme. Its like a modern day western but instead of horses, they ride bikes.

The second save house, upstairs on the table is where you find weapons from Gang Wars.

distant_sounds
  • distant_sounds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (El Burro 69 @ Nov 4 2009, 15:45)

"I'm a cowboy...cowboy... on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted.. wanted... dead or alive" - Bon Jovi.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:59 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 07 November 2009 - 07:01 AM.

QUOTE (El Burro 69 @ Nov 5 2009, 02:45)

This is the feeling I got too. Actually The Lost clubhouse felt like those old bars from the old west.

You're right though. It felt exactly like a modern day western. I can't describe how awesome it was riding with Johnny's brothers.

You really do feel like a modern day outlaw.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users