Photo

The Firearm Topic

2,995 replies to this topic
Failure
  • Failure

A better man than I.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by elanman, 01 June 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Daz: I remember firing one of those at the local gun club as a lad--without a doubt one of the coolest experiences of my childhood. The model posted is gorgeous, but that barrel length is absolutely ridiculous, as it probably was when I was a fourteen/fifteen year old at the gun club.

The rationale of idiot barrel lengths is flawed, too, given that attaching a shorter barrel for nefarious use would be trivial anyway (unless the law stipulates that it has to be welded on or something).
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

How long does it take to get a handgun license there?

Well there is no "handgun license" per-se.

You have a choice of two licenses, or both. A shotgun certificate, allows you anything smooth bore with a barrel no shorter than 24 inches and a capacity with no more than 2+1 shots. But you can aquire as many as you like if you have the storage space, so you can still get semi auto and pump action shotguns but not much point when the restriction is only 3 shots.

Or a firearm certificate which depending on your reasoning, if it is for vermin control, hunting, or target shooting. In the case of target shooting you need to be a full member of a home office approved club and to do that it is generally 6 months probationary period at that club before it will be legit enough to apply. Once applied and you have your gun cabinet/safe fixed to your wall, and your security is in order you can then go out and buy stuff. But unlike the shotgun certificate you can only buy what you have been authorized to buy by the police. So when you send your application form in you have to state which exact calibers and weapon types you want and they assess it based off your reason for acquiring such an item. Experience is a key factor with that.

Those pistols aren't really considered or listed as a handgun, just grouped with the section 1 items as if it were a rifle pretty much.

It is a shame really, we aren't even allowed a single shot .22LR pistol under those minimum length requirements, it is f*cking absurd to say the least.

• SWEETSAPRIK and ColePhelps27 like this

Mv6
  • Mv6

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

ANY discussion on "common sense gun-control" brings this type of reaction. We can't even talk about ways to make our society safer? I'm all for keeping the 2nd amendment, but I am also all for talking about making it harder to get a gun. For god's sake, it's easier to get a gun than your drivers licence... that doesn't make sense...

Driving is a privilege my friend... And getting a driver's license doesn't make the person behind the wheel anymore responsible

Please tell me why there should be more regulation just because ....according to you , getting a gun is alot easier than being issued a drivers license...

Can't detect crazy....with this scumbag in IV.. the signs were there, I don't see why I and others who have no direct relation to this guy deserve to be punished for his actions...

Maybe there are some ppl, like that Martinez guy, whose using his sons death to push for an agenda...I had to think for a second when he said the society doesn't let people keep nukes in their basement because they 're dangerous...rofl...

If the US is not lettng Iran get their nukes what makes anyone think they'll let a sole individual have one...

Nukes in a basement..rofl

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

Please, no more discussion on the pro's or con's of firearm regulation in this thread unless applied to a something tangible like Daz has dome.
Let's keep discussion of regulation in D&D and use this topic for talking about guns.
  • Daz, Failure and Stig like this

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

what 308 rifle would you guys recommend for over all performance and price?

ive seen some that are nice and expensive but people say they aint sh*t (accuracy) and theres better ones that are cheaper. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

For a general purpose rifle I'd be all over a CZ-550. Mauser action, huge aftermarket, excellent build quality and reasonable price.

1968_0.jpg
  • Daz and Failure like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

If price is your issue and it doesn't technically need to be 308 there are plenty of old WW2 rifles you could get your hands on for cheap as sh*t.

Mosin-Nagant rifles are probably the best for that, You can pick those things up for like £150 or less.

Btw thought I would share.

Best youtube shooter out there. f*ck FPSRussia.

Might look into getting a Norinco copy of the 1887.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

I love his manufactured back story. Most of my colleagues were genuinely surprised when I told them he was an American and that the whole thing was originally the brainchild of an NFA firearms dealer.
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:41 AM Edited by Daz, 04 June 2014 - 08:48 AM.

I love his manufactured back story. Most of my colleagues were genuinely surprised when I told them he was an American and that the whole thing was originally the brainchild of an NFA firearms dealer.

About FPSRussia?

To be honest, other than his videos, I don't know much about him, and could care less either way if he is russian or not. Funny either way, the commitment to the accent or just the accent in general.

What I do know is he would have been totally f*ckered if that door hit him in that one video.

Also I have been trying to get my cabinet sorted, but a lot of places are f*cking me around and don't actually have things in stock despite saying they do. There is not a single Buffalo River 7 capacity safe anywhere on any website right now.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, FPSRussia

You could try a local gun store? My boss had a similar issue when getting his cabinet and found it was much easier to get one via a bricks-and-mortar dealer than chancing it on the internet. Mind you it's pretty rural round here so there's a fair few to choose from.
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:51 AM Edited by Daz, 04 June 2014 - 11:06 AM.

Nah, sadly, I can't do that, inner city sh*t sucks for dealers. Everything is all out in the sticks and there isn't so much as an air gun dealer inside of the city. Besides I am kind of set on the Buffalo River series which are exclusively imported by one company which bottlenecks the whole stock for every site. I need one that is deep enough for black rifles. A lot of others don't have the space like these do. As well as the fact the black paint looks a whole lot nicer than some of the horrible hospital grey colors I have seen on others.

I might just have to wait, but it is holding my application up.

Once I get my certificate, I need to source myself a Pro-TSC1911.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Pro-TSC1911.

Madder than a box of frogs and twice as ugly.

pro1911kit1.jpg

I really must look into getting my firearms licence in the near future. I've wanted a Steyr Scout for about 10 years now, even more so after shooting what I think I'm right in saying is one of only two or three .376 scouts in the UK.

In Elite form one of the best proportioned rifles ever made IMO. I'll take a 7mm-08 with Elite furniture and a relatively heavyweight 20" barrel please.

scout1.jpg
  • Daz likes this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

:blink:...Oh god, that poor 1911...

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

I really must look into getting my firearms licence in the near future. I've wanted a Steyr Scout for about 10 years now, even more so after shooting what I think I'm right in saying is one of only two or three .376 scouts in the UK.

You don't? I always assumed you did. It isn't too hard at all as long as you are already a full member of a club somewhere.

The Steyr Scout is pretty nice, not seen one in the flesh, only in Counter-Strike. Not sure about those calibers though. They scream "land-shooter" to me.

Speaking of. I almost hit a Muntjac on my way to work today.

:blink:...Oh god, that poor 1911...

Yep, it is sad what pointless laws do to firearms. Because making the barrel longer and putting a stupid rod on the thing somehow makes it less dangerous...
  • Failure and sivispacem like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

The Steyr Scout is pretty nice, not seen one in the flesh, only in Counter-Strike. Not sure about those calibers though. They scream "land-shooter" to me.

The .376 was basically designed for big game. It's a 9.3x64 Brenneke necked up to 9.5mm to meet the minimum requirement for big-five use in Africa. Though whoever though that a 4kg rifle using a cartridge developing 60% more power than a .308 was a good idea is utterly mad.

I've seen several 5.56mm scouts in the flesh- in fact basically every time I've ever visited a range (only half a dozen times it must be said) there's been one there. Only one of them had the proper low-magnification long-eye-relief scope so I'm not entirely sold on the practicality of it versus an adjustable magnification longer-range one.

For UK rifle use I don't think you can get much better than 7mm-08. More than powerful enough for any game, better performance than .308 at longer ranges, slightly more manageable than .308 in a shorter rifle too. With 160gr VLD bullets you can drive tacks at 800m out of a relatively short barrel. Shame it's not permitted in TR F-Class shooting because I could see lots of people transitioning to it over .308.

Handgun rules in this country are utterly idiotic.
  • Daz and Failure like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

How much is it for a box of them then? Or is this strictly a custom reloading job?

I am not hunter or varmint hunter in any way. And until I have gone down to Bisley and had some experience with longer ranges, for now my main priority is short to medium range plinking. Not laying, sitting or bench resting, just standing free aim messing around, pretty much.

There was a petition I pasted back on the other page about trying to get .22 pistols back, probably won't come to anything but it is worth signing if you care about that sort of thing.

Even though .22RF is great, cheap and easy, it is however dirty as a c*nt and sometimes more fiddly than a proper pistol calibre. Nothing beats sliding in some .45 ACP rounds into a 1911 magazine.

I always feel the licensing should be based off power of a cartridge and action type. As opposed to any kind of length, or magazine capacity. It is a shame we can't at least have centerfire semi auto rifles and pistols.

I am looking to grab a .22RF Semi-Auto rifle (Either a H&K or Spikes Tactical) the Pro-TSC 1911, a Lever-Action in .357 (Might upgrade or change that to .44-40 or .45Colt) and that Alfa .357 LBR on the other page.

I am set to go then. If my club aquires some better ranges to rent out, might finally get some full bore sh*t going, then there is hundreds of things to choose from then. Schmidt-Rubin straight pull, or a Krag or something.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

Not sure how prices translate to UK use but stateside stuff like Hornady SuperPerformance in 7mm-08 139gr is exactly the same price as .308 SuperPerformance 150gr. Of course the selection of 7mm VLD bullets from the likes of Laupa make hand-loading a good idea.

Signed the petition when you posted it.
  • Daz likes this

ColePhelps27
  • ColePhelps27

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

How long does it take to get a handgun license there?

Well there is no "handgun license" per-se.

You have a choice of two licenses, or both. A shotgun certificate, allows you anything smooth bore with a barrel no shorter than 24 inches and a capacity with no more than 2+1 shots. But you can aquire as many as you like if you have the storage space, so you can still get semi auto and pump action shotguns but not much point when the restriction is only 3 shots.

Or a firearm certificate which depending on your reasoning, if it is for vermin control, hunting, or target shooting. In the case of target shooting you need to be a full member of a home office approved club and to do that it is generally 6 months probationary period at that club before it will be legit enough to apply. Once applied and you have your gun cabinet/safe fixed to your wall, and your security is in order you can then go out and buy stuff. But unlike the shotgun certificate you can only buy what you have been authorized to buy by the police. So when you send your application form in you have to state which exact calibers and weapon types you want and they assess it based off your reason for acquiring such an item. Experience is a key factor with that.

Those pistols aren't really considered or listed as a handgun, just grouped with the section 1 items as if it were a rifle pretty much.

It is a shame really, we aren't even allowed a single shot .22LR pistol under those minimum length requirements, it is f*cking absurd to say the least.

Thanks for clearing that up. Some strange laws there. 

Down here the average shooter isn't allowed a semi-auto rifle for target shooting, but we can own as many regular handguns as we want, providing we have a handgun license. 

• Daz likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

I'm officially pissed off and envious at this moment.

There's been a Colt Semi-Auto 5.56 AR at our Wal-Mart that I suppose someone ordered and never picked up, so they put it on the floor. Well for about 3wks I've been drooling over it and even told my BIL that I was thinking of buying it, right? So today, I get a text message with this attachment:

ca78baec280d164aa6a5fc07ab3db7c5.png

The motherf*cker went and bought it out from under me.. 

• Daz likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

It would say, that about 70%-80% of Spanish males in their mid 30's and above have fired this gun.

image002.jpg

• Daz likes this

MissAmyx0
  • MissAmyx0

Queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

PApKPgd.jpg

Red Jacket Firearms ZK-22 Bullpup and Ruger LC9.
  • Daz likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

The ol Ruger LC9.. owned that one for a short time and it was hell trying to find magazines for it. Other than that, pretty solid pistol. I posted a video on here some time ago during one of our drunken shootouts shooting the LC9. Too small for my tastes though.. I started carrying a compact .45 and since upgrading to a larger round, I can't go back really. My glock 9mm is neglected these days.

I'm not a huge fan of bullpups but that's pretty cool there. Nicely done.

MissAmyx0
  • MissAmyx0

Queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

The ol Ruger LC9.. owned that one for a short time and it was hell trying to find magazines for it. Other than that, pretty solid pistol. I posted a video on here some time ago during one of our drunken shootouts shooting the LC9. Too small for my tastes though.. I started carrying a compact .45 and since upgrading to a larger round, I can't go back really. My glock 9mm is neglected these days.

I'm not a huge fan of bullpups but that's pretty cool there. Nicely done.

I like the 9 so far. Size works for me since I have little hands. I used to have the LCP but it wasn't all that great and way too small. I'll have to check out that video for the LC9 though.

The Bullpup is just a drop in stock kit on a Ruger 10/22. It's pretty awesome though. Definitely miss the AR-15 we traded for it. It's a hell of a lot easier to find .223 than it is .22 lol. But luckily just got ahold of 500 rounds of .22
  • Daz and GunWrath like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, good thing about .22's though, the customization options are virtually unlimited. I've seen some bizarre sh*t made from .22 kits.. but the sickest .22 I've seen yet was actually on one of RJF's episodes where the dude brought in the full auto .22

american180%20main.jpg

That sh*t was insane.. 

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Skål, jævler!

• United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

American-180? Always thought they looked like a Thompson someone had put together wrong.
  • Daz likes this

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

American-180? Always thought they looked like a Thompson someone had put together wrong.

just put this here, and that there...

wait a minute. this doesnt look like the picture in the instructions

• sivispacem likes this

MissAmyx0
  • MissAmyx0

Queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

That sh*t was insane.. 

Basically everything that's carried in and out those doors are insane. Id give my left arm to spend a day in that place and go out to the fields with them.

Jesse James' stuff is pretty badass too. If I could've afforded it, I would have bought one of his guns. Now he's pretty much booked for the next five years. 😭 The prices on those are gonna skyrocket out of this world though.
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

As far as I know those Red Jacket things are just a load of old sh*te, what I heard was they don't even make the damn things, just put them together which you could do at home yourself. I am not knocking the 10/22, but there are far better things out there than one of those. There is even a P90 kit that was meant to be a lot better.

The Walther made H&K clones are flawless, built like their real counterparts too, so they are pretty heavy for a .22.

As for the pistols, I did have a go with the Ruger SR9 when I was in the states. f*cking loved that thing from my experience. The SR9c would be even better for smaller hands or a carry piece.

• MissAmyx0 likes this

MissAmyx0
  • MissAmyx0

Queen

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

As far as I know those Red Jacket things are just a load of old sh*te, what I heard was they don't even make the damn things, just put them together which you could do at home yourself. I am not knocking the 10/22, but there are far better things out there than one of those. There is even a P90 kit that was meant to be a lot better.

They just make the kit to go over the 10/22. I mean, you can have them put it all together for you or you can do it yourself. I just thought it was pretty awesome looking. Plus it's the zombie gun from one of their episodes and my husband and I have a weird obsession with anything zombie (we watch way too many movies haha). It's not the best thing we've ever owned but it's still pretty badass to be a 22. Like I said, definitely miss that AR15 though, so hope to have another one before long.
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

Fair enough. Spikes Tactical and Lantac do some amazing AR-15s in all types, zombie killer themed versions as well.

This recently popped up and I really want it.

2hJFKty.png

Mateba Model 6 Unica "Grifone" Semi-Auto revolver in .44 Magnum. It has had the semi auto part disabled for it to be legal here and it meets the length requirements so that is fine. It is only a grand, which is over £2000 cheaper than new. Things are pretty rare. They fire from the bottom of the cylinder, pretty darn cool. Shame it has to be in rifle form. sh*tty laws here.

• GunWrath likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users