Photo

The Firearm Topic

2,435 replies to this topic
The Scottish Guy
  • The Scottish Guy

Toasty!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 07:02)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 06:20)
This post makes me feel like Our Sheldon, ick. smile.gif

Are you disappointed that no-one else has adopted your nickname for me? I feel like you're disappointed that no-one else has adopted your nickname for me.

Not true. You are indeed from now on referred to as Our Sheldon from myself also. You feel popular now Our Sheldon? I think you feel popular.

*Awaits the "You hold zero significance to my titanic ego" type response

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

Look what I got today. colgate.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

That's an awfully pretty GI.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:12 AM

A fine weapon, real purdy. Wish I was old enough (or rich enough) to get one myself, but I doubt I will have $750-1000 for a nice gun anytime in the near future. The difference between Chunkman and lil weasel and Sivis is that they do nothing but debate, while Chunkyman usually comes in here with pretty pictures. I like pretty pictures better than internet debates.

Nice 1911, Chunkyman, have fun icon14.gif

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

The term "gun control" seems rather vague. What exactly are gun control advocates calling for? Is gun control to some extent tolerable and if so, where is the line drawn?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 13:46)
The term "gun control" seems rather vague. What exactly are gun control advocates calling for? Is gun control to some extent tolerable and if so, where is the line drawn?

I wouldn't say I'm an advocate of gun control, but I think having mandatory registration of firearms and proper licensing procedures as just about every other developed nation on earth has would be about enough.

crispypistonx8
  • crispypistonx8

SAVANT OF MECHANICAL DEATH

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

I'd just like to say.. VICTORY!

BTW NICE CHUNKYMAN been wanting to test one of em out.
Does Remington use polymer main spring housings?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 12:46)

Gun control means the complete banning of All guns.
It starts with a small limitation and grows by evermore restrictions until the final objective is reached. "No more civilian weapons."

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 09:08)
QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 12:46)

It starts with a small limitation and grows by evermore restrictions until the final objective is reached. "No more civilian weapons."

And yet this hasn't happened in Switzerland or New Zealand. Those nations have a plethora of gun control measures but still see a great deal of firearm freedom.

A complete gun ban in America is off the table. Very few people want it and a large portion of the population are adamant about keeping their guns- the right to bear arms is even enshrined in America's constitution, and to a greater extent, cultural mindset.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by Chunkyman, 17 April 2013 - 11:26 PM.

QUOTE (crispypistonx8 @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 22:56)
Does Remington use polymer main spring housings?

If I remember correctly it's metal, but I don't have it with me right now so I can't check.

Also, THEY LOST! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOM!

user posted image

user posted image

Piers Morgan's tears are delicious.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Wait, what? Who lost what?

crispypistonx8
  • crispypistonx8

SAVANT OF MECHANICAL DEATH

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

The newest GC bill got sunk!

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

And what did the bill contain? Or is any small or reasonable gun control measure considered an affront to the very concept of freedom?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 23:19)
And yet this hasn't happened in Switzerland or New Zealand.A complete gun ban in America is off the table. Very few people want it [...]

Today. But this is the U.S. of A. where people are permitted to say and do whatever the powers allow. And, the minority of controllers seem to be growing. Magazines, pistol grips, flash suppressors? All outlawed to serve the purpose of making Society safe? What tomorrow?

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 09:38)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 23:19)
And yet this hasn't happened in Switzerland or New Zealand.A complete gun ban in America is off the table. Very few people want it [...]

Today. But this is the U.S. of A. where people are permitted to say and do whatever the powers allow. And, the minority of controllers seem to be growing. Magazines, pistol grips, flash suppressors? All outlawed to serve the purpose of making Society safe? What tomorrow?

So everything is always a slippery slope towards a logical extreme? That's a logical fallacy. By that same token I could say that, because restaurants with over 30 seats are required by law to have a rest room, soon the chairs will be replaced with toilets and all the specials will be poo.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

The was probably the most raw I've ever seen Obama. Calling out the NRA, gun lobby groups, and cowardly senators with panache.

The country is so obviously bought and paid for; it's kinda funny. If only it weren't so god-damned scary.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by lil weasel, 18 April 2013 - 12:19 AM.

QUOTE (Melchior @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 23:42)
So everything is always a slippery slope towards a logical extreme?
[...] By that same token I could say that, because restaurants with over 30 seats are required by law to have a rest room, soon the chairs will be replaced with toilets and all the specials will be poo.

If you want to be silly (and Blind) yes.
For years in Connecticut Fast Food restaurants, like McDonald's, didn't have table/chairs for customers, it was take away only.

The fun thing about a public right is that when it is taken away by law, it is a very long time if ever that it is given back. So don't let it go in the first place.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 10:15)
For years in Connecticut Fast Food restaurants, like McDonald's, didn't have table/chairs for customers, it was take away only.

I was only working within your interpretive framework. If you think it's silly then stop using it. You're the one who is trying to claim that everything will always end up at it's logical extreme- therefore laws requiring rest rooms will end up with toilets everywhere.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Posted on April 13 @ 2013 by Dave Jolly)
More recently, Martinez has embraced New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun crusade. On April 7, 2013, Martinez spoke at the Bloomberg sponsored Texas Rally for Gun Sense. As he took to the podium, he pointed out a man in the audience that was holding up a stop sign that read ‘Stop the Gun Ban.’ Then he uttered the truth that is behind all of the current anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment legislation that is being pushed at the state and federal level. Martinez said:
“Someone needs to inform him that there is no gun ban currently, but because of the work we’re doing here today, we will make your sign legitimate shortly, so you hang on to that.”

QUOTE (By Jack Lessenberry @ Published: December 19, 2012)
Nobody needs to have a handgun in America.
Nobody needs to have guns in their home, period.
That should be the starting point for any discussion about gun control in our insanely murderous society.

QUOTE (The Pocomoke Public Eye @ Wednesday, April 17, 2013)
The only way we can truly be safe and prevent further gun violence is to ban civilian ownership of all guns. That means everything. No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence.
A step by step plan.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

I shouldn't have to point out to you that the legislative process doesn't begin and end with a few individuals.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 00:53)
I shouldn't have to point out to you that the legislative process doesn't begin and end with a few individuals.

It starts with them. And, their type have been and still are working on it.
Now, I guess I should get back to watching the boiling of the frog, (as Our Sheldod has told me...) wink.gif
I still can't figure out how the toilets fit in your post...

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 11:00)
I still can't figure out how the toilets fit in your post...

Oh ffs http://en.wikipedia....y_slope_fallacy

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

I understand 'slippery slope', I don't understand the 'toilets' & 'poo' reference.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:24 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 18 April 2013 - 03:26 AM.

This is a great victory in the movement toward sensible gun restrictions. Though eager to emphasize safety, I take confort in the notion that aesthetic/cosmetic features in gun designs will not serve as a basis for gun regulation.

It's time the gun-fearing factions of this nation regulate from a framework of mechanical safety and purchaser screening.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

I liked the part where a bee was buzzing around Obama's head.

I was rooting for the bee to do its thing. ph34r.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 00:08)

Which has never, ever happened in the history of firearm regulation. I challenged you to demonstrate, you failed to, ergo your argument is invalid.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 01:51)
A step by step plan.

From a f*cking blog. Christ, you really need to learn what constitutes a decent source of information.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 02:36)
I don't understand the 'toilets' & 'poo' reference.

I read it as implying your argument was full of sh*t, but that's just me.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

Would a national gun control registry infringe upon our 2nd amendment rights?

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 19:07)

I believe so. The right to bear arms of course would be infringed upon if a national gun control registry was put in effect. You're not given the right again otherwise.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 20:13)
QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 19:07)

I believe so. The right to bear arms of course would be infringed upon if a national gun control registry was put in effect. You're not given the right again otherwise.

I disagree. A registry for firearms in and of itself no way impedes on the individual's right to possess them. Regardless, the Second Amendment is already subject to extensive interpretation. Fully automatic weapons require special licenses, most purchases are recorded, various accessories are subject to federal taxation, certain kinds of ammunition are outlawed, civilian ownership of operational military weaponry is effectively illegal. Given that these have been declared constitutional, I don't think it's any greater an infringement to ask people to register weapons. It's illogical, in my view, to argue that firearm registration would infringe on the Second Amendment given that it doesn't actually directly limit access to firearms, and numerous pieces of legislation have been passed, queried and declared constitutional, which do limit access to firearms.

A loaded rifle
  • A loaded rifle

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Went out to my local range yesterday and shot my family's AR-15. This grouping was at 70 yards, with iron sights.

http://imgur.com/iJbDXQH.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users