Photo

The Firearm Topic

2,521 replies to this topic
DJDJ
  • DJDJ

Freelance Assassin.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:06 PM

becasue i'm writing a story, and i need a model name for a silent submachine gun biggrin.gif
d/w, i'm not planning a bank robbery or anything!

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:57 PM

So you like to shoot then? What, or more specifically, WHO do you like to shoot?

I think it's astounding that a country like the US (a supposedly civilised country) allows the population to own military weapons. Thank goodness I don't live there. tounge2.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Hugef1 @ Feb 20 2006, 08:57)
I think it's astounding that a country like the US (a supposedly civilised country) allows the population to own military weapons. Thank goodness I don't live there. tounge2.gif

The "bad guys" have them. If they came into your home, your only hope of surviving is to match them or outclass them. So the mentality goes. You've neglected that that's how this nation was founded, so it shouldn't be astounding in the slightest. What IS astounding is that you've bought into the same guns are bad myth that the media like the people to believe. Hint: It's what you do with it that makes the PERSON with it good or bad.

@DJDJ: No firearm is inherently silent. If you do a search for supressors, you'll get an idea of what guns were made to accept them. If I'm not mistaken, Mac's have supressors available for them. I'm sure there's others. Not a good idea though as the supressor itself would become excessively hot.

DJDJ
  • DJDJ

Freelance Assassin.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:12 PM

Thanks. i'm only using the weapon as a reference, not going into that much detail, but i still don't want to say any random guns.
Yeah, i know no gun is truely silent, just a figure of speech.
I'll google for macs and supressors etc. Hopefully i can find something useable
thanks all the same.
One more thing, does anyone know how loud the "TCI M89-SR" sniper rifle would be? (with supressor)

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Hugef1 @ Feb 20 2006, 07:57)

So you're saying a civilized country shouldn't trust its citizens to own military grade weapons? We don't technically own military weapons. There are still TONS of weapons that are Law Enforcement/Military usage only.

DJDJ: Steyr TMP.

@topic: I bought a folding stock my my Maverick 88. I wouldn't have bought it, but I'm planning on buying a Remington 870 and the stock can be adapted to that.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ Feb 20 2006, 14:03)
@topic: I bought a folding stock my my Maverick 88. I wouldn't have bought it, but I'm planning on buying a Remington 870 and the stock can be adapted to that.

A buddy of mine was looking at one for the longest time. He ended up going for the Mossberg Persuader in 8+1, for what it's worth.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:59 AM

BUMP! Who said this topic could fade away? mad.gif

Anyways, was wondering if anybody had some good suggestions for handguns bored in 40 S&W or 45 ACP that resemble a PPK at all. I guess I'm not a big fan of the way bigger guns seem to all be patterned after 1911's or Glocks.

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

@DJDJ, what about a skorpion or mp5-k?

have a lookie at this site for something similar.

click me

Logic3
  • Logic3

Icecream baron

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE ("Demarest")
No firearm is inherently silent

By that do you mean, no firearm has a built-in supressor ... ?

hawk
  • hawk

F.R.O.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

Guns are for gays.

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Logic3 @ Mar 5 2006, 17:27)
QUOTE ("Demarest")

no, what he means that any weapon cannot be completely silenced.

even if it does have a silencer, you can usually hear the hammer or bolt in action

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

even with a silencer...ive never heard a gun that sounds like that lil "PINK" sound like the movies....its the same sh*t (as a gun without one) just a lil quieter...as far as all the silencer's ive seen

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

I've heard a USP with a silencer so quiet you could only hear the trigger clicking.

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

^ yeh so hopefully that'll answer yer question logic3.

i forgot to post what weapons i own/co. own:

used to have a S&W 686 and Colt .45 before they brought out new laws here to have all pistols, machine pistols and smg's conviscated.

i still have a .22 semi-auto rifle with silencer and scope for lamping bunnies.
Enfield MK4 from WWII
2x.243 bolt action rifles for deer
and a half dozen shotguns

(dad used to be a game keeper, and ive taken up clay doo shooting for my RAF station hence the rifles and shotguns)

Xanarki
  • Xanarki

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:09 PM

I recently found an old 12-gauge upstairs. I have yet to test it...

KDD
  • KDD

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (DJDJ @ Feb 20 2006, 12:43)

I am wondering if any of you know of a silenced machine gun, or submachine gun, preferable about the size of an MP5 or smaller, but not a military model. Aomething a criminal could get hold of, or anyone could buy in a gunshop....
thanks in advance

How about an Ingram/IMI MAC M10/11 (often mistaken for the uzi), which is the mother of all SMG's? Although it was developed for the army by G.Ingram (the idea was bought by the Military Armament Corp. and named model 10, hence Ingram MAC M10, later it was purchased by Israeli Military Industries (IMI)), it was never used by the army, for its high cyclic rates (around 1200 rounds (9mm) per minute) caused frequent jams, which makes the gun too unreliable for combat purposes.
Or a more modern equivalent for this SMG would be the Mechem/Milkor BXP (Mechem invented it, Milkor makes it).

KDD

Savior O' Jesus
  • Savior O' Jesus

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:02 AM

I'm on my school's riflery team. It's awesome, we have a range on campus. We shoot .22mms usually, and upon occasion air rifles (though I hate air rifles). I can't quite remember the name of my gun's manufacturer, but its german made. Maybe it will come to me.

But anyways, I regulary (during the winter, at least) shoot in at least 10 matches with 3 stages: prone, standing, kneeling.

Anyone else here do competitive matches, and if so, what scores do you usually get?

Here are my averages:
Prone: 90-95/100 high 96
Standing: 65-72/100 high 72
Kneeling: 80-86/100 high 86
Overall: 235-245/300

It's my second year and hopefully I'll get even better next year.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (hawk @ Mar 5 2006, 11:28)
Guns are for gays.

No, guns are for killing gays. You completely f*cked up Stereotypes 101. Go back to role-playing your online earth, or whatever the hell it is that you're trying to pimp these days.

I installed the ATI folding stock on my Mossy. Next step is the 18" barrel.

@Savior o' Jesus: I haven't shot competitively yet, but I'm looking into IPDA type pistol courses.

Anon. SAS Trooper
  • Anon. SAS Trooper

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:39 AM Edited by Anon. SAS Trooper, 06 March 2006 - 10:59 AM.

The silenced MAC 10 was used in the movie Pulp Fiction by John Travolta's character to kill Bruce Willis's character if anyone remembers this it turned out the other way because Travolta was in the dunny when Willis saw the weapon.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (OBrien97 @ Mar 5 2006, 11:56)
even with a silencer...ive never heard a gun that sounds like that lil "PINK" sound like the movies....its the same sh*t (as a gun without one) just a lil quieter...as far as all the silencer's ive seen

You mean the click of the hammer? I've seen lots of videos where thats all you can hear. Unless you're talking about the higher pitched sound that most videogames (goldeneye N64) make, then yea thats not realistic at all.

I was sooo close to buying another pistol recently, Wisconsins CCW bill came up to congress again and BARELY lost, I was rather disappointed. We're one of the last states to adapt it which is pissing me off. Apparently being the largest alcohol-consuming state doesn't help.

I'll still be picking up another gun eventually though. I'm thinking .40, something slick like what Demarest is after. (Sorry, no suggestions Demarest, but I've been looking). I've also been thinking about a 9mm to help my pistol technique more, as starting with a .40 Desert Eagle apparently isn't the best idea. Too late now though.

Fake edit: Baby Eagles are kinda slick

http://www.magnumres...uctCode=MR9413R

Tom Hagan
  • Tom Hagan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:27 AM

I have yet to own any firearms, but I would like to. I am looking for old school first, WW2 old school. I've been looking around, but haven't found much variety. Nothing in my price range for that matter.

Does anyone own any WW2 guns? Helmets, etc. I like to collect that kind of stuff.

Savior O' Jesus
  • Savior O' Jesus

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:31 AM

I'd imagine a silenced gun to sound just like an air rifle -- a little poof of air.

Speaking of air rifles, I hate them so much. Unlike my companion small-bore rifles (e.g. 22mm), air rifles are extremely small, compact, inaccurate, annoying, and the triggers are usually ludicrously light. For example, in my last air rifle competition, I couldn't even touch the trigger without it firing. If I touched it ever so slightly, *poof*, oh crap, where did that shot go?

Anyways, small bore rifles rule. I'm also hoping to try to get some sort of a medium range rifle with a scope soon, sort of like a close range sniper rifle.

P.S. To those guys who have M1 garands -- God damn they are loud. At an outdoor range I was at, I was standing a good 30 feet from the guy firing an M1. It was nearly knocking me over, and I'm a pretty sturdy (no, not fat) fellow.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:35 AM Edited by Knightmare, 07 March 2006 - 04:38 AM.

QUOTE (Tom Hagan @ Mar 6 2006, 22:27)
I have yet to own any firearms, but I would like to. I am looking for old school first, WW2 old school. I've been looking around, but haven't found much variety. Nothing in my price range for that matter.

Does anyone own any WW2 guns? Helmets, etc. I like to collect that kind of stuff.

Quality WW2 firearms are going to be pricey. They are antiques, after all. There are replicas which would probably be in your price range, for M1 Garands and such, but then it depends on if you want working replicas or the actual thing.

Speaking of air rifles, I hate them so much. Unlike my companion small-bore rifles (e.g. 22mm), air rifles are extremely small, compact, inaccurate, annoying, and the triggers are usually ludicrously light. For example, in my last air rifle competition, I couldn't even touch the trigger without it firing. If I touched it ever so slightly, *poof*, oh crap, where did that shot go?

The quality:price ratio for air guns nowadays is astounding. I was lucky enough to get a decent one, which I used to plink cans and shoot ground squirrels with for years. Then I put a laser dot sight on it and could shoot cans and squirrels from even farther away. smile.gif

Air guns are so cheap nowadays though I can't imagine their quality/accuracy being very good. They do have to compete with Airsoft though, which is probably one of the reasons why.

Tom Hagan
  • Tom Hagan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Mar 6 2006, 23:35)
QUOTE (Tom Hagan @ Mar 6 2006, 22:27)

Quality WW2 firearms are going to be pricey. They are antiques, after all. There are replicas which would probably be in your price range, for M1 Garands and such, but then it depends on if you want working replicas or the actual thing.

I was hoping for the real deal, but a replica would be fine for me. I'm just looking for sh*t to add to my collection. M1 Garand, Thompson, M1 Carbine, BAR, etc...

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (Savior O' Jesus @ Mar 7 2006, 04:31)
I'd imagine a silenced gun to sound just like an air rifle -- a little poof of air.

Dinny be so f*cking stupid. you do know the difference between an air rifle (hint) and a proper firearm?

a silencer muffles the sound of the explosion caused from the cartridge and the expanding gases.

an air rifle (theres that hint again) purely propells the pellet with compressed gas.

explosion/expanding gas = loud
compressed air/gas = quiet

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Mar 6 2006, 23:19)
I was sooo close to buying another pistol recently, Wisconsins CCW bill came up to congress again and BARELY lost, I was rather disappointed.  We're one of the last states to adapt it which is pissing me off.  Apparently being the largest alcohol-consuming state doesn't help.
I followed that actually. Pity too. Every time a state is up for CCW, you get the same "streets will flow with the blood of our children" bullsh*t. Nevermind all the states that do impliment it having not only a rush of licensees, but an almost overnight decline in crime. Plus, the sooner you get it, the sooner you can iron it out. Ohio has it, but it's young. So there's a few bullsh*t things that are just now being worked out.

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Mar 6 2006, 23:19)
I'll still be picking up another gun eventually though.  I'm thinking .40, something slick like what Demarest is after.  (Sorry, no suggestions Demarest, but I've been looking).  I've also been thinking about a 9mm to help my pistol technique more, as starting with a .40 Desert Eagle apparently isn't the best idea.  Too late now though.
The ballistics of a 40 S&W vs a 9mm Luger really aren't that different. And since your 40 is is backed by the fram of a DE, you're probably going to find that a 9 isn't for you if technique improvement is your goal. Being a DE frame, you're going to have plenty of recoil control. Problem would be weight I'd suspect. That would be a big thing for me too as apparently I shoot more accurately single-handedly. Lot of people say 22 is a great and CHEAP way to hone technique. I myself cannot get behind rimfire, so a 380 is perfect. Go 32 if you want less bang, 9x18 Makarov if you want more.

Keep me posted on the 40's though. Single-handed operation is a big selling factor for me. Which is actually my only complaint with the Baby Eagle you mentioned. I was test driving one when I was looking for a 45. It passed all my tests but one: I couldn't cock the hammer single handedly. I mean, I could, by I had to sacrifice my grip so much that in the heat of the moment, I'd be likely to drop the thing. Refresh my memory: Are they double action capable at first? Wouldn't be such a downside if they were.

The other day, I dropped the safety on one of mine because I was in a bad part of town. I had forgotten to turn it back on afterwards. Which is fine because riding no safety is something I've considered for a while. Not a big deal with my right gun, but dropping the safety on the left single-handedly sacrifices a bit of grip momentarily. Anyways, I used that as a reason to finally try it. So far so good. Only reason for concern is that my guns are DA capable first pull. That just means that now I swap from holster to pocket a LOT less often. Don't want another ND confused.gif

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Mar 7 2006, 00:43)
long post

Single handed eh? I lose a whole lot of accuracy single-handed at 20+ yards, I'm right-handed with a left dominant eye, which might be a factor, but also I'd bet the DE's weight doesn't help either.

I've rented .22's at the range and they are incredibly light and...puny tounge.gif If I went that route I'd have this small .22 and this large .40, where I'd really like something in between that I can help improve my technique as a bonus. I'll check out your 380 recommendation and see if I can find anything I might like. One of my friends just picked up a Sig for his new cop job, and he is highly recommending it. Tad pricey but after doing some research they seem to be quality-made firearms.

All this gun talk is going to make me buy one with my tax return though, and then I'll be mad that I bought something I can barely use, when I could've gotten an Xbox360. sad.gif

cold blooded
  • cold blooded

OlllllllO

• Members

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:44 AM Edited by cold blooded, 20 July 2013 - 04:24 AM.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Mar 7 2006, 03:14)
Single handed eh? I lose a whole lot of accuracy single-handed at 20+ yards, I'm right-handed with a left dominant eye, which might be a factor, but also I'd bet the DE's weight doesn't help either.

It's probably the weight as I'm the same way. When I first noticed I was better single-handedly, I noticed I was better with my left. Thought maybe it was the eye thing, but I adapted my left trigger pull to my right hand. Was easier to do as I had removed the magazine safeties on mine, so now the trigger pulls smoother.

For what it's worth, Bersa's no S&W. But I have yet to meet anybody that's tried a Thunder 380 and didn't rave about it smile.gif

Logic3
  • Logic3

Icecream baron

• Members

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (92F @ Mar 5 2006, 17:45)
QUOTE (Logic3 @ Mar 5 2006, 17:27)
QUOTE ("Demarest")

no, what he means that any weapon cannot be completely silenced.

even if it does have a silencer, you can usually hear the hammer or bolt in action

Hm, I always figured the Ruger MK 1 was pretty silent.. although TS isn't so perfect about every detail..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users