Photo

The Firearm Topic

3,010 replies to this topic
NHL's mean
  • NHL's mean

AA

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:37 AM

I haven't tried it. But it is damn sexy and it looks pretty powerful.

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:09 AM

a year or two ago i got all my guns stolen but this little .22 i had....since then i got a Glock 19....and an AK

and i can't find a picture on the internet of the AK i got...its all black...none of that wood look... and its shorter than those ones u see arabs runnin around wit....

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Big Vinny @ Jan 12 2006, 20:01)
I just don't understand why It's so easy for someone to buy a weapon that can hurt people so badly. confused.gif

Yeah. Car salesman should be ashamed of themselves. tounge.gif

When the bad guys have guns, a knife isn't enough. In the US, whenever a state adopts CCW laws, their crime rate instantly plummets. For some reason, the bad guys see armed individuals as NOT being good prey.

Guns don't shoot by themselves, Vinny. You should be more concerned with the person behind the gun. If they're looking to rob the 7-11, they bad. If they're looking to protect themselves, they not bad. SeeImsayn?

San Andreas Nut
  • San Andreas Nut

a.k.a. SAN

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:06 PM

unfortunately I dont own any guns sad.gif although I have used a .303, .22 & a slug gun and sunday im goin up to a mates house and hopefully using 2 sluggys just for fun tounge.gif when im 18 i plan to get my own gun license. ~SAN

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Big Vinny @ Jan 13 2006, 02:01)
Ahh, righto.

I just don't understand why It's so easy for someone to buy a weapon that can hurt people so badly. confused.gif

Do you honestly believe that murder by means of firearms is caused by registered, over-the-counter firearms? By no means. The government decides to look responsible by attacking law-abiding citizens instead of going through the hard work of actually attempting to shut down black markets. Gun store owners provide a means for which to defend oneself from criminals with illegal weapons.

desert_eagle
  • desert_eagle

I like beer

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:08 PM

I own four guns, gun laws here are pretty strict but you can still own a lot of fun stuff.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Glock 21
Smith&Wesson 686
Sig Sauer p226 (sold it to get the glock)
Remington 597
Hammerli X-esse (Sig Trailside in the US)

I shoot for sports and fun, I've owned guns since I was 18 and I lover everthing about shooting and firearms.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

Wao that second pic rocks; Those are awsome with the lights and scope and sh*t.
All i got is a BB gub. tounge.gif

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

You dont have a Desert Eagle? wink.gif ...

How do u like ur Glock...ive heard a lot of people complain about them but i f*ckin love mine...i got a G19...

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (OBrien97 @ Jan 14 2006, 12:56)

How do u like ur Glock...ive heard a lot of people complain about them but i f*ckin love mine...i got a G19...

The only thing I've ever heard bad about Glocks is that (extremely rarely) a case malfunction occurs, and basically blows up the pistol from the inside. Known to Glock owners as a kB!. Other than that, reliability seems to be the hallmark of the pistol.

I myself don't like them purely for aesthetic reasons. If I had to carry CCW, though, a compact would be high up on my wishlist.

GlobalChief
  • GlobalChief

9-2/33rds crazy

• Members

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (OBrien97 @ Jan 14 2006, 15:56)

He might not, but i do!

Say hello to my little friend tounge.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ Jan 14 2006, 14:02)
QUOTE (OBrien97 @ Jan 14 2006, 12:56)

The only thing I've ever heard bad about Glocks is that (extremely rarely) a case malfunction occurs, and basically blows up the pistol from the inside. Known to Glock owners as a kB!. Other than that, reliability seems to be the hallmark of the pistol.

I myself don't like them purely for aesthetic reasons. If I had to carry CCW, though, a compact would be high up on my wishlist.

i have heard that...the blowing up thing...ive never seen it or heard of an actual case....

and thats what i have it for...which is obviously why i bough the 19...small...reliable...lightweight...i love it...

desert_eagle
  • desert_eagle

I like beer

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

I love my Glock, it's reliable, durable and it shoots like a dream. I didn't like the Sig because of the high bore axis, the Glock, even though it's a .45 is a lot more comfortable to shoot since it doesn't flip as much. I have pretty big hands so I love the big grip of the G21. Another plus is the wealth of aftermarket stuff you can get for it.

I've heard a few stories of Glocks going KaBoom, but I'm not worried. I only shoot factory rounds and maintain my guns properly.

I don't have a desert eagle, but at the time when I registered it was my favourite gun. I have shot a few, and it's cool but I don't like the high price and the issues I've seen some of my fellow shooters have with them.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

I don't own a gun, mostly because I'm not old enough, and I'm broke. But I have fired a few, quite a few, actually. I don't remember most of the model names though.

Guns I have fired:
- single shot 20 guage
- double barrel .410
- .22 semi-auto pistol
- Smith & Wesson .38 special
- .22 semi-auto rifle
- 30-30 lever action rifle
- Winchester .338 rifle

Guns I remember the names of:
- Glock 23 (.40)
- Diemaco C8A2Diemaco C8 (fully automatic)

^^^
Those two I fired when I was visiting my cousin in Calgary. He's on the tactical team, which is why the C8 is Fully Automatic.

*I tried getting the Diemaco site up, but it wouldn't work for some stupid reason.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

My dad made a Colt .44 single action revolver which will be mine.

And when I move I will have more than all of you trust me.

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Admiral @ Jan 14 2006, 14:58)
My dad made a Colt .44 single action revolver which will be mine.

And when I move I will have more than all of you trust me.

come to think of it...it was u that i showed that lil piece of sh*t .22 to right?...i remember...right after my house got robbed and they took most of my guns...?
  • Daz likes this

desert_eagle
  • desert_eagle

I like beer

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:04 PM

Me shooting my 686 at some steel plates: http://members.home......t/S&W 686.MPG

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Chief. @ Jan 14 2006, 14:18)
QUOTE (OBrien97 @ Jan 14 2006, 15:56)

He might not, but i do!

It's .357. It's not a Desert Eagle tounge.gif

Glocks obviously have their following. I'm not a big fan. I don't like hammerless and I don't like DAO. Not a big fan of the boxy design or the polymer frame either. Also, their low-profile slide releases take some getting used to. Once used to it though, it's surprisingly not so difficult to cope with.

That said, there's no sound quite like a Glock's slide being racked. inlove.gif

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:41 AM

i like the 19 cause its small and reliable...i dont think theres n e other compact gun id rather have.... now...i have a regular G19....what is the difference with the compensated....it what...reduces recoil or something?.. i dont kno a whole lot about it...

AR15
  • AR15

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:05 AM Edited by AR15, 16 January 2006 - 05:10 AM.

**** M4s, all 'bout M16s *****

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

ehhhh....i like AKs more... and mines a lil smaller...but really what i wanna get my hands on is an Mp5....but for some reason i cant find one

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:32 AM Edited by fuckindumass, 24 February 2006 - 07:58 PM.

Nice topic. I don't have any pics sad.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (OBrien97 @ Jan 16 2006, 14:50)
ehhhh....i like AKs more... and mines a lil smaller...but really what i wanna get my hands on is an Mp5....but for some reason i cant find one

The $15,000 pricetag leaves most shops cringing at the thought of just having one around.

NorthwestRastafarian
  • NorthwestRastafarian

Doughnuts are a 10-80 in your mouth.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:34 PM

Ee! The thread lives.

Lots of questions now:

First, desert_eagle, you sold a p226 for a glock? What the hell is wrong with you cry.gif I'm only certified in my department with a glock 26 as a BUG so far, so I carry that on my vest and I hate the hell out of it. Never liked glocks, because like Demarest I can't stand hammerless.

Demarest, do you CC those puppies? One or two at a time?

Obrien: Your best bet is with some sort of online gun dealer, like gunbroker.com.

My 226 is handling quite nicely as a duty weapon (haven't had to use it yet, thankfully), but I'm a little tiffed about my m4. It's at the armorer's right now, had to get the whole receiver replaced.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (NorthwestRastafarian @ Jan 18 2006, 08:34)
Demarest, do you CC those puppies? One or two at a time?

Yes, sir. Both. Only once have I been in a situation where I was limited to carrying one and all I could think about was if the other was being stolen. I like to carry them so that I know nobody's stolen them and are out wreaking havoc. Carrying both is actually surprisingly comfy.

NorthwestRastafarian
  • NorthwestRastafarian

Doughnuts are a 10-80 in your mouth.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

How do you go about comfortably carrying two? Both at the waist, one at the ankle...?

When I'm on duty, I carry my BUG in my ballistic vest's straps, which is kind of par-for-course. Off duty, I prefer an inside the waistband holster, and I've never been keen on the idea of having two handguns off duty; simply because I've never given any thought to it. I am now, though.

I figure if I have to carry the POS tiny glock ONduty, I might as well get an ankle holster for off duty as well.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

I've heard nothing but bad about ankle hosters.

My guns are "small". Two in the waist is quite comfy. I have big-pocketed pants, so switching it up is fairly common. I would keep at least one in the pockets always, but Ohio's CONCEALED laws have a plain sight while driving provision. Easier to expose them on the hip. Once that's done away with, I'll probably switch one to small of back since that's comfy as well. I was in Columbus a couple weeks ago to speak to the Criminal Justice Commitee about a House Bill that includes reform for Ohio's CCW laws, including eliminating the plain sight provision that's caused nothing but trouble for carriers and bystanders alike.

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jan 18 2006, 14:25)
I've heard nothing but bad about ankle hosters.

My guns are "small". Two in the waist is quite comfy. I have big-pocketed pants, so switching it up is fairly common. I would keep at least one in the pockets always, but Ohio's CONCEALED laws have a plain sight while driving provision. Easier to expose them on the hip. Once that's done away with, I'll probably switch one to small of back since that's comfy as well. I was in Columbus a couple weeks ago to speak to the Criminal Justice Commitee about a House Bill that includes reform for Ohio's CCW laws, including eliminating the plain sight provision that's caused nothing but trouble for carriers and bystanders alike.

in Jersey u have to get a special license to carry a gun...like if ur a repo man or private investigator i think they let you....it has to apply to ur job ill put it that way... noone else can carry a gun...the only reason to have it is to shoot at a range or keep in ur house in case someone breaks in..

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:32 AM

Well, New Jersey is a MAY issue state as opposed to Ohio which is a SHALL issue state, which means that if you fit the criteria, they cannot bar you from a CHL. It just so happens that NJ historically only grants them to security-geared positions. So get a security job. Or move. Or join forces with others in your state that press for more 2A friendly laws/representatives. The trend is slow, but most states are realizing that fear isn't a good thing and that an armed public is a safe public.

OBrien97
  • OBrien97

$$H Biaaaaatch!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jan 19 2006, 00:32)
Well, New Jersey is a MAY issue state as opposed to Ohio which is a SHALL issue state, which means that if you fit the criteria, they cannot bar you from a CHL. It just so happens that NJ historically only grants them to security-geared positions. So get a security job. Or move. Or join forces with others in your state that press for more 2A friendly laws/representatives. The trend is slow, but most states are realizing that fear isn't a good thing and that an armed public is a safe public.

...i've wanted to move...Jersey is corrupt....but i love it here so ...o well i can't get a carry license... we just carry em n e way

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:02 AM

Not my best, but not bad considering it was off-handed. That means left-handed only when I'm right-handed. That's 29 shots at 21 feet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users