» «
Photo

The Firearm Topic

2,540 replies to this topic
NorthwestRastafarian
  • NorthwestRastafarian

Doughnuts are a 10-80 in your mouth.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:57 AM Edited by NorthwestRastafarian, 21 March 2012 - 04:54 PM.

QUOTE (post the first)
Here's a thread I've been in awe to have not seen yet. All around the world, people use firearms for sport, self defense, and recreation. Around 60-65 Million people in the United States alone own at least one firearm. There are around 200-240 Million legally registered guns owned in the united states. (The crimes commited by legal gun owners make up less than 3% of gun related crimes, for you antigun types  notify.gif )

So, statistically, there must be quite a few shooters on this forum.

Share what you have, how it shoots, and just basically discuss firearms!

Anyway, discuss guns!

The Firearms topic has had quite a run for a small niche topic, I dare say. Instead of doing some bullsh*t milestone topic for a lame 500 posts in too many f*cking years lurking here, I'm revamping this first post as in the hep style of some other long lasting topics, to the best of my abilities - but don't expect any useful features, since this is a discussion thread for the most part rather than some sort of information collective. Without further ado:

The Official Forum Firearms Topic
(That doesn't include airsoft, airguns, nerf, LTL, or Potato guns, kids.)

Topic Guidelines:

• This is a topic for the mature discussion of firearms; to include their application in work, hobby, sport, collection, personal interest, cultural and historical values and merits, and even the legality and ethics there of. It is not a topic to flame gun owners, or to flame anti gun owners. There are whole forums for that bullsh*t you can join, so leave it to the Brady campaign website and Barfcom, while we try to keep this casual.

• No advice given in this thread is to be regarded as serious legal or professional advice; if you go around listening to the advice of people on a damned GTA related forum about something as serious as potential firearms legalities, for example, seek therapy. The purpose of this topic is recreational and hypothetical only.

• Keep airsoft, airguns, and fake firearms of any kind off the agenda - this is a topic for firearms owners in particular and enthusiasts generally. We don't tend to care about your Japanese BB shooting wonder. In fact, they scare me - you'll take an eye out with that thing. If you were my kids, you wouldn't be getting near that thing for Christmas.

• Casual though this topic may be, it's probably not the smartest place to talk about your hypothetical firearms in combination with illegal activity, although there are some people who may find such credible information valuable. Save us the hassle, however, and please email any confessions of crime or whatever to your nearest district attorney, CC'd to the CLEO of your residency area. We don't give a f*ck here.

I'll leave you with some good gun related quotes and sh*t so we can get back to talking guns.

QUOTE (George Washington)
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good

QUOTE ( M. Gandhi)
Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.

QUOTE (Shogun Toyotomi Hideyoshic circa 1588)
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, short swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other types of arms. The possession of unnecessary implements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to foment uprisings.

QUOTE (The Continental Congress @ July 1775 Declaration)
Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.

QUOTE (Heinrich Himmler)
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State.

QUOTE (John Gotti Sr.)
Don't carry a gun. It's nice to have them close by, but don't carry them. You might get arrested.
  • Ramyhyday, Jornereanty and lancer_1515 like this

Rayo Puño
  • Rayo Puño

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:03 AM

I have an old glock 9mm. It was my dad's he gave to me. I don't think it works though, I've never shot it since he gave it to me.
  • Jornereanty likes this

NorthwestRastafarian
  • NorthwestRastafarian

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:10 AM

Chances are it still works. A gun doesn't usually just rot away and 'not work'. Learn how to clean it, or take it to someone else who can, and take it to the range. Glocks are ugly, but they are very dependable guns.
  • Jornereanty likes this

Pump Bumper
  • Pump Bumper

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

when i was pretty oung i had an uncle who'd take me to the range and i'd have a good time with rifles...and i got introduced to a henry lever action biggrin.gif when i became old enough i HAD to have one, so... i got one blink.gif too lazy to post pic, so here i got the top one i love it to no end inlove.gif its just. so. pretty. very fun to shoot (lever action is awesome). more acurate over long distances than i expected it to be. i dont really feel a need to get another firearm. i already got what i want wink.gif

BulletProofPatriot
  • BulletProofPatriot

Akunamatata

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:26 AM

Being from England, we aren't really "trigger happy" like the americans. However, I've shot an air rifle, and an air pistol. The air rifle shot a metal pellet through a chicken's eye. Was pretty fun for a 12 year olds day in the garden.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:30 AM

Goddamn you for being able to get a real M4A1 (even if it is an SBR). But yeah, swap the barrel on that thing. It looks like the DPMS Kitty Kat. tounge.gif

My guns:

- .22LR Savage Arms MKII-F <- Plinking rifle, but still hella fun. 10 rd magazine + bolt action.
- .30 M1 Carbine - Antique from my dad's Indian Air Force days. It hadn't been fired for nearly thirty years, and the extractor had basically rusted shut. I cleaned it up, fixed up the bolt, and finally fired it a few days ago. It was pretty good.

I'm looking into buying a wheelgun for my 21st birthday, but I don't really know which way to go. I might go for a 1911, though. Or even a Springfield XD .45ACP.

God bless America. tounge.gif

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:56 AM

I have a bigger gun than you do and it can do more killing too! notify.gif

MAcSandNinEs
  • MAcSandNinEs

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:30 AM

Ah, are you sure that's not just an AR-15? The Beretta M92FS is what's appealing to me. I think that the tactical is ugly.-JD-

Hurricane5
  • Hurricane5

Abgoosht Forever

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:15 AM

I'm a very proud owner of several firearms.

I love going to the range, and just getting some shots off.

I've carried a Browning 22. recently on the job, but I'm looking for something with more punch.

My Remington 12g. is a little too long to carry around.

Been eyeing an AK, a guy I know has. Just need to xome up with some dough.

Currently looking for a set of Dual .45ACP's. Also.

I'll try and get some pics, info up about my other arms.

Cojawfee
  • Cojawfee

Super Awesome

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:19 AM

All I want is an MP40. If I can get an MP40 (among some other things not firearm related) my life will be complete.

Pump Bumper
  • Pump Bumper

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:23 AM

MP40's are ugly and just nothing special in any way. why not go for an MP44? much better colgate.gif

Rockford
  • Rockford

RadioMan

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:54 AM

I've got a Smith & Wesson 357 magnum, I've only fired it a handful of times but i clean it every so often. Currenly it sits in my night stand loaded with hollow points, Ya never know when you might need it.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:44 AM

If I can just get off my lazy ass to get my gun permit my cousin will give me a MAC-11 which is semi-auto which means in the state of Indiana...is a handgun! I'm serious it's conciared a handgun if not fully auto and I could carry it around.

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:19 AM

user posted image

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Hunter¥ @ Dec 17 2005, 08:19)
user posted image

Is this the end for Global Terrorism?

-maddog-
  • -maddog-

- SkyBum -

• The Connection
  • Norway

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:07 PM

Don't own any own firearms other than a bb rifle..

But i've fired a few others:
Mp5
Ag3
Hunting rifle
358. special
Glock
- xmas.gif

NorthwestRastafarian
  • NorthwestRastafarian

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:39 PM

Anuj: A good variety, that old m1 Carbine must be a whole lot of fun. Those old ones last a long time, very dependable. I like those bolt actions as well, even if they are just .22s, reminds me of the M40a's that I got to play with at sniper school. That bolt action is really satisfying.

As I've mentioned, I'm not a fan of the Springfields. Pretty spendy guns. If you're looking for a good 1911, you can't beat the prices and dependablity of Kimber, and they make some great concealable designs. On the other hand, Sig Sauer/Sig Arms has their SigPro line that has some really quality .45s.

DPMS kittycat sigh.gif Yeah, it does. That 'commando' style barrel has it's uses in close quarters, I suppose... I'll keep it around. I'm buying two sets of optics for it, a Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm Mid-Range/Tactical M2, which is what I will use most of the time, and an Aimpoint comp m2 - M68/CCO, which is quite obviously a close-range to point-0 scope that I hope I won't ever need, but it's good to have whatsthat.gif . With the Harris attached, I'll have a nice mid-range precision rifle platform for all my duty needs. Heading to my first day at the 2 week police training facility in colorado on monday, so I'll get to try it out pretty soon. They better have Match grade 5.56's, because I'm never putting an inferior round in my new baby inlove.gif

When I get more money to put into this, I want to put an Aimpoint LPI on her as well. Screw the harley, this is my new money hole tounge2.gif

And, MAcSandNinEs, I'm pretty darn sure it's a Colt M4, since I ordered it direct through an authorized Colt Law Enforcement dealer.. and because it has the Colt M4 LEO stamp xmas.gif

Hurricane: You definantly want something more than a 22 for Concealed Carry...

You and Anuj should both look into the Kimber line of 1911/.45acps. I'd recommend the Stainless Pro Carry series or the Tactical Pro II's, good size, good power... Their Website.

Rockford: Solid gun, dependable. How long have you had it?

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

I have a Mauser 95 biggrin.gif

user posted image[/color][/font]

Logic3
  • Logic3

Icecream baron

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:03 PM

Nice, i've always wanted a K98, or Enfield sad.gif

Rockford
  • Rockford

RadioMan

• Members

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (NorthwestRastafarian @ Dec 17 2005, 12:39)
Rockford: Solid gun, dependable. How long have you had it?

I got it in mid 2000, its nice to have it around i figure someday i might need it.

NorthwestRastafarian
  • NorthwestRastafarian

• Members

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:39 AM

Smart thinking, really. Is it one of the older big .357s or one of the newer nice sized ones? It's hard to beleive how massive they used to be.

NorthwestRastafarian
  • NorthwestRastafarian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:38 AM

I took the m4 out to range yesterday and fired 20 match grade 5.56's down the range. It was only 110 meters, but it fired a good dime group with just the leupold I had on it, so I'm very happy.

More as it comes. cool.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:27 AM

Bump!

Was glad to see this topic made. Not as glad to see it die. I guess it's to be expected in this particular demographic.

Anyways, my babies

user posted image

Vin.
  • Vin.

RD loves me.

• The Connection

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jan 12 2006, 18:27)
Bump!

Was glad to see this topic made. Not as glad to see it die. I guess it's to be expected in this particular demographic.

Anyways, my babies

user posted image

Nice Dem!

I myself don't have any guns, as I got no idea where to buy any here I Australia tounge.gif . I heard they're very easy to get your hands on in America, is this true?

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Big Vinny @ Jan 12 2006, 18:14)
QUOTE (Demarest @ Jan 12 2006, 18:27)
Bump!

Anyways, my babies

user posted image

Nice Dem!

I myself don't have any guns, as I got no idea where to buy any here I Australia tounge.gif . I heard they're very easy to get your hands on in America, is this true?

If you're in the right hardware store, and you're 18 years old, you can pick up a surplus Mosin Nagant for $69.99 plus tax. All you need is a license/photo ID and a reasonably clean record.

The forms you have to fill out to purchase a firearm are ridiculous, though. When I bought my .22 and 12ga, some of the questions were downright retarded.

Things like:

-Do you have any mental illnesses?
-Have you ever been convicted of stalking?
-Have you ever been convicted of domestic abuse?

It's not the questions themselves, but the idea that somewhere, some yahoo might check "yes" to any of these questions.

Then, there's always my favorite:

-Are you a fugitive from justice?

I wanted to be a smartass and write "When justice and law turn corrupt, what patriot is NOT a fugitive?", but I'd probably get arrested, and not get my boomstick.

And since I last posted in this topic, I picked up a Mossberg Maverick Model 88. It's an entry level shotgun, but it's goddamn fun. I'm going to get the barrel shortened, though. This thing is way too long.

user posted image

Vin.
  • Vin.

RD loves me.

• The Connection

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:01 AM

Ahh, righto.

I just don't understand why It's so easy for someone to buy a weapon that can hurt people so badly. confused.gif

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Big Vinny @ Jan 12 2006, 19:01)
Ahh, righto.

I just don't understand why It's so easy for someone to buy a weapon that can hurt people so badly. confused.gif

Because 99% of the people who hurt other people don't get their weapons from Sports Authority? You don't get news headlines that say "Responsible gun owner shoots dime group at 25 yards". You get "Gangbanger kills four in horrific RPG accident".

I never really liked how gun owners said media targeted the smallest minority in their little group, but I understand it now. yawn.gif

NHL's mean
  • NHL's mean

AA

• Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:29 AM

I am thinking of buying This gun for my cottage in upstate new york.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (nhl is mean @ Jan 12 2006, 19:29)
I am thinking of buying This gun for my cottage in upstate new york.

Very sexy pistol. Have you shot one before? My dad owned a Tac Custom II, but sold it. mad.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Big Vinny @ Jan 13 2006, 11:01)
Ahh, righto.

When (not if) I snap and go on a rampage, and I have the choice between an automatic rifle and a truck, I'm taking the truck. Even less strict restrictions on use and far easier to kill people. At best I'd be able to carry 5~ mags for the rifle; with the truck I'd be able to run down people until I run out of fuel or the bodies of the innocent do enough damage to the engine to kill it.

With that psychotic derail out of the way, what I'm trying to say is: guns aren't anywhere near as dangerous as people believe. Just like with vehicles, 99% of gun owners are responsible and use them for their intended lawful purposes.

[EDIT]And we can't even get Airsoft guns here sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users