Quantcast

» «
Photo

TLAD or TBOGT

202 replies to this topic

Poll: The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony (423 member(s) have cast votes)

The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony

1. The Lost and Damned (114 votes [32.20%])

Percentage of vote: 32.20%

2. The Ballad of Gay Tony (240 votes [67.80%])

Percentage of vote: 67.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GamesBoy316
  • GamesBoy316

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:45 PM Edited by GamesBoy316, 12 August 2016 - 08:54 PM.

That's what I like about both DLC's, you see Liberty City differently. TLaD makes it still look dark and gloomy like GTA IV, but TBoGT gives a different feeling, showing that it's not like that all the time.

• Uncle Vlad likes this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:02 PM

TBoGT. I don't like bikers which appears in TLaD. I like nightclubs and luxury cars like in The Ballad of Gay Tony, and Luis López is great character, one of my favorites.

Agreed. I hated the biker theme as well: "please get back on your bike!" Ohh piss off I ptefer to use cars. James has died, mission failed etc. Piss off again, I dont need any help from my biker buddies, I prefer flying solo. And dont even get me started on that badge that appears on roads, its got to be the most annoying/pointless thing out of any GTA to date!!!

So here's the question: WHY THE HECK YOU PLAY IT? 

if he didn't play it, you would be all: BUT YAH DIDNU PLAY IT, U DONT UNDERSTAND HOW DEEP SOTRY WAS AAUAHUHUGGUGH

I havent played GTA$5 and I know how sh*tty it is.

• B Dawg, Niobium and Payne Killer like this

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Brian Jeremy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:30 PM Edited by A.O.D.88, 12 August 2016 - 10:31 PM.

Yellow > Pink

Rock 'n Roll and Heavy Metal > Hip Hop and Dance Music

Bikers > Clubbers

Beer > Champagne

Choppers > Sports Cars

Johnny > Luis

Terry & Clay > Armando & Henrique

Tbh, that awful pink sky wouldn't look good in Vice City either.

THIS!!! A TRILLION TIMES THIS!!!!!! B Dawg you are my new favorite poster on this forum.

• B Dawg likes this

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Dagger

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

It was me who already created this

Lexyz.
  • Lexyz.

Vice City RAGE 1.0 Dev

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

Wrong,this was created in 2009 -.-

• TaylorTheCreator likes this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:16 PM

You made a post, but there was a post about Brucie already. The one you made was merged in the old one. Also you made like a million threads in 4 weeks, you should not make pointless threads.

• Payne Killer likes this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:20 PM

tlad for the win

Uncle Vlad
  • Uncle Vlad

annoying dick

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:22 AM Edited by Uncle Vlad, 16 August 2016 - 09:10 AM.

Funny thing, before playing them I thought that I´ll love TBoGT and was affraid if I´d be able to get into TLaD. But after playing both of them I was excited about TLaD and TBoGT was quite okay, but nothing more.

But since I started to do my playthroughs in chronological order (IV and both episodes) TBoGT really grew on me. I realised my problem with TBoGT was that it got annoying at some point when I played it from the beginning to the end. But switching to Niko´s and Johnny´s stories at certain points turns it into a refreshing experience.

So for me TBoGT is best enjoyed in small doses. :lol:

• HaythamKenway and The American Army 1775 like this

TaylorTheCreator
  • TaylorTheCreator

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:41 AM

TLAD was actually really sad for me, TBoGT was more enjoyable and exciting for me. 

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

I liked TLAD's story more, but TBOGT has more features, I think they even out. I don't really like the color on either DLC, TBOGT has a weird shade of pink on everything, TLAD made everything even more dark and brown/grey than IV did, which was already too much. Seriously, what's with games based in NY making everything look all dark and edgy? NYC doesn't look like this in real life, lol.

O.Z
  • O.Z

Crimson and Clover

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

I liked TLAD's story more, but TBOGT has more features, I think they even out. I don't really like the color on either DLC, TBOGT has a weird shade of pink on everything, TLAD made everything even more dark and brown/grey than IV did, which was already too much. Seriously, what's with games based in NY making everything look all dark and edgy? NYC doesn't look like this in real life, lol.

GTA IV - dark and gritty

TLAD - dark and gritty with added yellow (lots of it)

TBOGT - pink

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

GTA IV - dark and gritty
TBOGT - pink
The DLC's should've just kept IV's color palette IMO.
  • B Dawg and Uncle Vlad like this

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

I prefer TLAD more than TBoGT, it starts of fun with the war with the Angels of Death then it starts getting depressing when Billy gets arrested and The Lost split in half (Johnny vs Brian) then at the end where most of your brothers and people you knew are dead and burning down the clubhouse was just sad but signifies its over. TBoGT was fun had lots of cool things to do, the underground fight club was awesome something that would of suited Johnny Klebbits, both DLCs were great and added a different perspective to Liberty City other than Niko trying to start a new life with his cousin and ends up working for Mob bosses, crime familys, corrupt cops to find the man who betrayed and caused the deaths of most of his fellow soldiers in the ambush and to try and escape the way of life knows. 

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:51 PM Edited by Tomasak, 18 August 2016 - 09:51 PM.

GTA IV - dark and gritty
TBOGT - pink

I disagree with you. The DLCs are showing us LC from different perspectives. Not everyone got same view on world, not everyone is reliving the same story.
  • Jinx., HaythamKenway and Payne Killer like this

DoctorMike
  • DoctorMike

I hope Everyone's having a great Day/Night

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 August 2016 - 11:39 PM

TBOGT: weapons, more activities, nightclubs, modern feeling, sports car etc.

TLAD: Story, more dramatic moments and betrayal and such. Protagonist, antagonist, etc

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:15 AM

GTA IV - dark and gritty
TBOGT - pink
I disagree with you. The DLCs are showing us LC from different perspectives. Not everyone got same view on world, not everyone is reliving the same story.
Eh, the way I see it, it just makes LC seem inconsistent across the games, but alright.

Kane49
  • Kane49

You can pick the game, but you can't change the rules.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Kane49, 20 hours ago.

The Lost and Damned > The Ballad of Gay Tony

Storyline:

- Motorcycle club vice president (later president) > Nightclub manager.

- TLaD's story > TBoGT's story.

- Bikers and mobsters > Nightclub customers and gays.

- TLaD's introduction > TBoGT's introduction. (scenes of Johnny and his fellow brothers riding over Alderney with TLaD's main theme playing, showing the city and names of the MC's high-ranking members and their positions, till reaching Billy, is more interesting than escaping from a bank heist and walking in streets talking in the phone with TBoGT's main theme playing. Intro cutscenes were a lot better in TLaD too as well.)

- TLaD's first mission > TBoGT's first mission.

- TLaD's last mission > TBoGT's last mission.

- TLaD's ending > TBoGT's ending. (TLaD's ending is very cool and touching. Although you lose the clubhouse and the chapter is considered over, you get a really good feel, that you took Billy out, survived, live in peace. TBoGT's ending doesn't make sense; why did Rocco get out of town? What happened with the Ancelottis? Will they leave Luis and Tony alone after they threatened them when Grace got kidnapped and while Luis has killed Vince? What happened with Tony? Why did Luis remove him from his phone contacts and why did he leave town? Didn't he say 'You saved me, you saved the business, you f*cking did it.' and 'Tony Prince and Luis Lopez could not be stopped'? It's like a cartoon ending where everything be fine when sun rises. R* just threw a nonsense and non logical happy ending for people who kept whining about IV and TLaD not having happy endings. Happy ending would've been cool, especially for Niko, but if it doesn't make sense then it isn't a necessary.)

- Johnny's targets > Luis' targets. (Johnny is aiming to save The Lost MC and protect his brothers, then get rid of traitors and clean sh*t. In the other hand, what does Luis care about? Saving Tony's ass all time. Even GTA LCS' story, which many people disliked for some reason, is better than TBoGT's. Talking about protagonist's targets. Luis is stick by Tony most of the time, loyal to him for no good reason or benefit, even if he was a useless junkie gay, while Toni Cipriani's loyalty to Salvatore comes from paying him good and making him a made man, as well as having history in the mob with him, not with a nightclub owner.)

- TLaD's dialogues > TBoGT's dialogues.

- TLaD's setting main antagonist makes sense. (Bulgarin as the main antagonist of Luis and Rocco is the secondary one? Doesn't suit the story... Actually, Luis-Bulgarin relationship is pretty much like Niko-Pegorino, especially that Niko got introduced to Peg nearly the end of the game, turned into an enemy in the last mission. Bulgarin is kinda similar, turns into an enemy by the third last mission or something close. It doesn't really feel like 'End all this bullsh*t once and for all' for killing him by Luis, it's not like he's Rocco or some older enemy. I still feel like sh*t because he wasn't killed in Niko's story instead.)

- TLaD's story is more memorable than TBoGT's story.

- TLaD's story is way more realistic and makes sense. (I can understand how an MC's arms sergeant can get a weapon van, with grenades, launchers and even rockets, but a lowlife drug dealer like Armando does too? Gotta be kidding me. He even has C4 in his van. Luis can even upgrade his stats to make weapons such as automatic shotgun and advanced MG available in his van. Also, that sh*tload of sport cars everywhere and very easy ways to get them, even a lowlife drug dealer like Henrique has a couple of sport cars and can get ones to Luis whenever. Also, getting to use helicopters and parachute in every single type of missions or jobs? Come on... Beside the fact that flying helicopters in missions mostly suck, especially in the IV era, seems like R* just wanted to throw the over-top style in the game in anyhow, even where it doesn't fit. How could a nightclub manager manage to steal APC tanks, easily fly helicopters and use them to destroy some enemies, get heavily strong weapons like the advanced MG, automatic shotgun, C4, and even more... All of these things remind me of Toreno's missions in GTA SA, which were the worst part of that very perfect game. And still, you don't get weapons like minigun or rockets during Toreno's missions, unless you steal 'em from somewhere.)

Characters:

- Johnny Klebitz > Luis Lopez.

- Jim Fitzgerald > Tony Prince.

- Terry Thrope & Clay Simons > Armando Torres & Henrique Bardas.

- Thomas Stubbs > Yusuf Amir. (I don't disagree that Yusuf Amir is a great character. Loyal friend, fun guy, and even helpful, but I like Stubbs' seriousness and business more. More fitting for a GTA story, especially in Liberty City. He's still helpful for Johnny and the MC, and his missions were cool, even though they're only 2 missions. I also liked his jobs that're available for Johnny to do.)

- Ashley Butler > Grace Ancelotti.

- Angus Martin > Dessie.

- Jason Michaels > Troy.

- Elizabeta Torres > Adriana Lopez.

- Malcom & DeSean > Mori Kibbutz & Brucie Kibbutz.

- Billy Grey > Ray Bulgarin. (Bulgarin is my favorite GTA character in all time, but comparing his behavior towards Niko and his relationships and acts with Luis, Billy surely makes a better antagonist than Bulgarin does in TBoGT. Talking about personalities, same goes with Bulgarin's personality during Luis' story, no match for Billy.)

- Ray Boccino > Rocco Pelosi.

- Brian Jeremy > Timur.

Atmosphere:

- Outlaw biker theme > Nightclub guy theme.

- Title related to crimes and curses > Title related to one nightclub gay. (it sucks how a whole game's title is related to to a character than a main side like a gang or maybe criminal side or nightclub life in general, and what's worse is that this character whose name is the game's main title isn't even the protagonist, at least. It could've been named 'The Shine of Nightlife' or 'The Ballad of Lopez' instead, or any other fitting name.)

- Gangster rock > Club songs.

- TLaD's theme is more memorable than TBoGT's theme.

- TLaD's color filler > TBoGT's color filler. (I know that TLAD's brownish color filler was added to suit the outlaw biker theme, but both of TLaD's and TBoGT's color fillers suck to be honest. I got to replace them both with IV's normal timecyc file, CleanIV version. However, still, TLaD's brownish color filler rules over TBoGT's pink touches.)

- TLaD's HUD colors > TBoGT's HUD colors. (I can understand why TBoGT's HUD was too colorful, and I actually like it being colorful, especially the pause menu, but I didn't like to see pink and purple colors being overused, even more than GTA VC and VCS did. I know pink and purple colors fit the nightclub theme, but using them a little would be enough. I use a customize hudColor.dat file instead, changed many pink and purple colors to sky blue and kind of gold yellow. Modified IV's hudColor.dat a little, and TLaD's as well, just for my own taste. But in TBoGT, I found it way better to modify.)

- You feel like you rule the city when riding the Hexer (or any MC bike) as Johnny in TLaD.

- You feel like a real motorcycle club member in TLaD. Unlike in TBoGT, where you feel like a private driver of a nightclub owner.

Gameplay:

- The Lost's Alderney clubhouse > Luis' apartment.

- Gang wars > Drug wars.

- Bike thefts > Club management.

- Road Rash races > L.C. Cage fights. (this could've fit TLaD more than TBoGT anyways. Also, I really hate something named 'race' in GTA games, but TLaD's basketball bike races are a cool exception)

- Gambling & arm wrestling > Dancing & drinking. (drinking is still available with friends in TLAD)

- The ability to call for backup in TLaD. (it's even better than Dwayne's backup in vanilla IV)

- The ability to order a weapon delivery for free in TLaD. (till 'Was It Worth It?', as Jim dies then)

- Getting protected by The Lost fellow bikers when attacked, either by gangs, pedestrians, or cops, in TLaD.

- No annoying percent completions for missions in TLaD. (it's very annoying in TBoGT. You often need to skip cutscenes or miss dialogues in order to get %100 in a mission, as well as you need to focus on headshots and finish the mission as fast as you can, which sucks and makes you rush - Otherwise, you won't really feel the completion of the mission.)

- Hanging out with friends is better in TLaD. (as you arrange for an activity, you just get to Jim, Terry or Clay, you'll find them all together as always, same as in TBoGT, except you don't need to drive them yourself, they'll follow you on their bikes, and as soon as you finish the activity they ride away themselves. You don't need to ride them back to their positions or houses like in IV or TBoGT.)

- The ability to hangout with the protagonist's side-kick in TLaD. (Tony isn't available to hang with in TBoGT.)

You might wonder why I mentioned some GTA 3D era games here in a GTA 4 trilogy topic; so, well, that's to show what things TBoGT fails in, things that even the 3D era games were better than TBoGT on, and in the other hand, TLaD has made it. However. Although TLaD has only 22 storyline missions (less than TBoGT's by 4), it makes player feel like it's a long story, which TBoGT fails in. Although TBoGT has 4 more missions over TLaD, it feels really short. Well written stories matters. If just Tony was a straight man rather than being a gay, then maybe TBoGT's story would be more acceptable (still less than TLaD), but playing the story while keeping in mind that the game's title is about 'Gay' and the fact that Luis' partner is a gay... makes me sick.

The only thing I really liked in TBoGT was killing Bulgarin. Not for Luis, but I consider it as a continue ending for Niko's story. Damn, R*, couldn't you have just made Niko kill him instead?

I find TBoGT as a little introduction to GTA V, or maybe even a prequel to GTA V, where realism is way low, and story is pretty weak. TBoGT surely has some add-ons such as the parachute, APC tank, and a few extra weapons, but TLaD is mainly more enjoyable and solid, at least for me. If I were playing for weapons and vehicles I might go with GTA V then (which I would never do). Story is what makes a game.

• Algonquin Assassin and B Dawg like this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I tried to replay TLAD again but when you know everyone in loading screen artwork ended up dead, you don't have any desire to continue the game.
  • The Dweeb likes this

The Dweeb
  • The Dweeb

Single player gamer

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think Tbogt is better but WAS way too short the graphics were shiny too go with the flamboyant cars and guns. Tlad was ok the graphics were gritty and satic too go with the gritty biker life.
But nothing beats the original. Gta 4.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Derphoe
  • Derphoe

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I played Tbogt before Tlad.. So when I finally played Tlad I liked it but felt like it was lacking as far as story, and replayability.

Marcos18
  • Marcos18

Let's do this!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago

I liked more the story and the atmosphere of The Lost. I really felt like a true motorcycle gang member.

• Kane49 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You got any Whiskey in there, hello?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 22 hours ago Edited by B Dawg, 19 hours ago.

- Basketball bike races

Basketball bike races? BASKETBALL? Lmao.

It's Baseball Bat. But a proper short term for it would be Road Rash :p

I can understand how an MC's arms sergeant can get a weapon van, with grenades, launchers and even rockets, but a lowlife drug dealer like Armando does too? Gotta be kidding me. He even has C4 in his van. Luis can even upgrade his stats to make weapons such as automatic shotgun and advanced MG available in his van. Also, that sh*tload of sport cars everywhere and very easy ways to get them, even a lowlife drug dealer like Henrique has a couple of sport cars and can get ones to Luis whenever.

Especially agree with this one. Henrique (and even Armando to an extent) were already established as no brains/dumb characters (one of the early story cutscenes has Luis notice A & H do a drug deal, where Luis has to lecture Armando that he's doing it wrong). A and H make no sense as weapon/car distributors. In this case, Yusuf would have made far more sense, as he's rich as hell, and he's the person who gave luis the crazy weaponry and had him steal the APC. Or maybe have Brucie/Mori for the cars.

• Kane49 likes this

Mangled Crow
  • Mangled Crow

An Ordinary Oddity

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 hours ago

I honestly prefer The Lost and Damned, i just absolutely love the gritty biker-themed atmosphere surrounding the game. Especially the characters, weapons and vehicles (especially the Tampa). Always has been enjoyable based on memories and experience.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and Kane49 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users