Quantcast

» «
Photo

TLAD or TBOGT

91 replies to this topic

Poll: The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony (375 member(s) have cast votes)

The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony

1. The Lost and Damned (95 votes [31.05%])

Percentage of vote: 31.05%

2. The Ballad of Gay Tony (211 votes [68.95%])

Percentage of vote: 68.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

I haven't seen anybody call TLAD sh*tty. It's an amazing game, but no doubt does it fall short in the gameplay area.

SCParry
  • SCParry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 14 2009, 01:05)
I'm from Manchester, we have Europe's largest Gay Pride festival here among other things, so it might be down to where you live, here, TBOGT IS Mainstream and I'm not changing my word on that, you can carry on pretending it isn't.

I also live in Manchester and TBOGT is far from mainstream, been reading a few posts and you seem to be trying to fight a very pointless, meaningful fight and losing. I'd stop where you are because it's just embarrassing.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:06 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 14 November 2009 - 05:15 AM.

What's the purpose behind this "Mainstream" debate? What's so bad about being mainstream?

Also apart form OutOfTimer I haven't seen anyone say TLAD is sh*tty, or even implying it. confused.gif

Some people just prefer the style of TBOGT. I love the gritty feeling TLAD has, but overall when playing TBOGT it gives me that Vice City vibe which is the GTA I love the most.

I think TLAD done a better job with the GTA IV crossover stuff, but TBOGT brings back some of that OTT fun of the old GTAs.

• GROVE_IS_FOR_GSF likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (SCParry @ Nov 14 2009, 04:29)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 14 2009, 01:05)
I'm from Manchester, we have Europe's largest Gay Pride festival here among other things, so it might be down to where you live, here, TBOGT IS Mainstream and I'm not changing my word on that, you can carry on pretending it isn't.

I also live in Manchester and TBOGT is far from mainstream, been reading a few posts and you seem to be trying to fight a very pointless, meaningful fight and losing. I'd stop where you are because it's just embarrassing.

Since you're from Manchester, Galaxy 102. smile.gif

Also I agree with Miamivicecity, why is it soo bad if TBOGT IS Mainstream? I'm rather confused why people think it's a bad thing, just because you play GTA doesn't mean you're anti-Mainstream and now in the cool kids club. tounge.gif

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

People who think that if something mainstream is it's sh*t, should get their f*cking brain checked.

Seriously, we have good games and bad games.

Popularity and mainstream are f*cking meaningless to making a good game and a bad game.

The GTA franchise is one of the most mainstream franchises in the gaming industry, are you gonna say that's bad?

Are you trying to be the "different" one to stand out from the crowd? I got news for you, everyone is the same because everyone is different.

SO f*ck YOU, YOU f*ckING f*ck.

TREYakaTYGA
  • TREYakaTYGA

GRAND THEFT AUTO BOYZ.

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

i don't like how you can't shop at presues, because i would like Luis to were a tie.

Strength.
  • Strength.

The Director.

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (TREYakaTYGA @ Feb 7 2010, 12:23)
i don't like how you can't shop at presues, because i would like Luis to were a tie.

Nice bump wink.gif
Anyway I prefer more man testosterone pumped hard core story and a theme in TLAD, than dancing in some clubs with all of the fancy stuff in TBOG. Anyway people always complained that with IV, GTA loosed all the fun and futures preferring highly on San Andreas! Now you have all the fun stuff to do in TBOG, excellent story in both GTA IV and TLAD, so stop complaining already and play what you prefer. Everyone have a choice for themselves!

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:34 PM

The Lost and Damned had a more solid story in my opinion, the gameplay wasn't nearly as good as The Ballad of Gay Tony though. Even though TBOGT had some mayor plotholes, the game still had more fun mission, better wapons, better cars, more colorful characters and atmosphere. The TLAD gameplay sometime felt a bit monotonous since it mostly focused on bikes.

So,
TLAD
+ More solid storyline what connected better with GTA IV
+ Very uniqe feeling that differed from both GTA IV and TBOGT
- Mission focus mostly on bikes and brotherhood, at least in the first half of the game
- Only a few new cars

TBOGT
+ Better gameplay
+ More cars and weapons
+ More colorful and hysterically funny characters (Gay Tony and Yusuf Amir for example)
+ More epic missions
- Storyline sometime felt changed and rewritten to fit a more happy ending which I don't think R* had in mind at first
- Don't connect with the other storylines as good as GTA IV and TLAD

Forum 1
  • Forum 1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:01 AM

I can't say the results are surprising, but I'm still dissapointed whatsthat.gif

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

This was me:

October 28: Holy sh*t! I CANT WAIT!!

October 29: HOLY SH*T!! BEST GAME EVAARR!!!

November 20: Meh, it's alright.

November 30: Core GTA IV and TLaD are better.

All the new stuff gets old pretty fast, and I think TLaD overall is more memorable than TBoGT. But core GTA IV still owns them both, in my opinion wink.gif
  • GROVE_IS_FOR_GSF likes this

Vidike
  • Vidike

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

The ballad of Gay Tony. I just like Luis's character

MKLOWSK12
  • MKLOWSK12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:26 AM

GTA San Andreas

I think gta sanandreasd dominates all

DataMouse
  • DataMouse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

I liked both, but i have to go with TLAD. The story was amazing.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (MKLOWSK12 @ Thursday, Jun 3 2010, 01:26)
GTA San Andreas

I think gta sanandreasd dominates all

Did I bump this?
21 day is not that bad...

Anyways, seriously are you some kid, jealous sh*tty kid who just plays sa, and jealous because he doesn't have IV? what are you doing in IV forums?
this is about TBoGT and L&D, not SA...

Back-On-Topic: I love the story, of TLAD, and I think they made TBoGT just for some little kids! Because it has reflections "coolness" etc...
L&D kick ass!

GTALover97
  • GTALover97

Nothin

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

the ballad of gay tony game rocks to wink.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:06 AM

TLAD: Loved the vibe, theme, bikes, etc. kinda fitted into GTA4's grittiness rather than TBOGT.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

I voted for TBOGT for the fun missions, and new features. smile.gif

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

The Ballad of Gay Tony was the better one IMO. It brought back more of the fun from San Andreas that people wanted, its missions were epic, there was lost of variety, and it added lots of cool features (mission replays, golf from VCS, nightclubs from VC and SA, triathlons from SA, parachutes from SA, etc.). There were lots of funny characters too. (Gay Tony, Yusuf, etc.)
The Lost and Damned was a good game, and had a better storyline, but it felt quite short, and most of the missions focused on shooting people. They all seemed the same. Well of course, it also added fun things too. (bike races, air hockey, arm wrestling, etc.)

DemonBlitzKragor
  • DemonBlitzKragor

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

Both. Just voted on The Lost and Damned because its story is cool.

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

Software Engineer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

TBoGT

I really hate biker gangs.... they just really annoy the sh*t out of me

tim4ever20
  • tim4ever20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

I'm going with tbogt because there is a lot more to do. Tlad is a good game but tbogt deff wins my vote. Plus if you beat the game you get a helicopter that shoots rockets and a machine gun. It's just a lot more fun to play.

hacel bellic
  • hacel bellic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

gta the tlad is best.but i also like gta tbogt johnny klebitz vs luis lopez.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

As someone who was disappointed by the stripped down approach in GTA IV, I liked TBOGT better as it return a lot of needed content from previous games (not all of the content, so it still felt like a step down from previous games), but it felt like a modern day GTA Vice City, and that can only be a great thing.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

TBOGT would have been a lot better if it wasn't for such an awful atmosphere that ruined the city, and adding sh*tty music to Electro Choc.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

TBOGT wins in my book. Although I loved TLAD most characters in there are just idiots and/or assholes including Johnny. Elizabeta was the best character in it I think, I always liked her. Jim was cool but an idiot going along with Johnny trying to screw Ray over. Don't get me wrong I liked the story, it was funny and portrayed the life of bikers well but it never really made me care for the fate of the characters. TBOGT didn't really do this either now that I think about it but they were very funny and the vibe I got from the game was much better.

AmbZiee
  • AmbZiee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

Once again I enjoyed both, but being a vice city fan I instantly preferred TBOGT's flashy club atmosphere. I think all of the main games and spin offs of gta are brilliant in their own right.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:19 AM Edited by Gettin up, 22 December 2013 - 05:03 AM.

I prefer TBOGT much more. Missions and characters were better in my opinion. And im more into clubbing than biker gangs.
I didn't like the brotherhood or clubhouse or that sh*tty safehouse in TLAD at all so i only played the story and that was it.
I also enjoyed TBOGT missions more.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:44 AM Edited by BBQ RIBS, 22 December 2013 - 05:49 AM.

TBOGT pretty much introduced me to quality electronic music, especially house music. And that is something I will be forever grateful for.

DIze
  • DIze

MXF

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

I would prefer THE BALLAD OF GAY because it gives me a JAZZY feeling. the Lost and Damned gives me an OLD FASHIONED feeling.
And yes...
Johnny is Cruel and an Experienced Backstabber. He took away Ray Boccino's money, kidnapped Roman Bellic and did many this type of jobs. I was very happy by seeing that he is killed by Trevor I mission 'Mr Philips'.
Luis is Loyal. He remained loyal to everyone for whom he did jobs. Especially to Anthony Prince, I ean Gay Tony...

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

The 50ft Nuculear Eyesore

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

I swear i did a more recent thread of this but i can't find it.
  • Payne likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users