Quantcast

» «
Photo

TLAD or TBOGT

57 replies to this topic

Poll: The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony (332 member(s) have cast votes)

The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony

1. The Lost and Damned (81 votes [30.80%])

Percentage of vote: 30.80%

2. The Ballad of Gay Tony (182 votes [69.20%])

Percentage of vote: 69.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:58 AM Edited by Laufas, 31 October 2009 - 04:01 AM.

With both games out state which one you like more and why.

I prefer The Ballad of Gay Tony because too me it feels more like a new experience. There is lots of stuff too do and the new weapons are all amazing, and after using them you won't wanna go back to the weapons GTA4 had. That's something TLAD failed to do for me, I mean it had good weapons but none that made me feel like I couldn't go back to the old weapons that GTA4 had.

But also in terms of storyline, I like the characters more in TBOGT too, it's a funny story which is great. I'm not for a silly story and GTA IV is my favorite GTA Game in terms of story and characters. But they made it work in TBOGT. Gay Tony was a great character, so was Yusuf Amir he's also hilarious.

And another "also" because of the missions. TLAD was a great f*cking game and it had great missions, but they did feel repetitive and lacked Variety, and variety too me isn't that I want a mission where I get too do 50 things in one mission, that's great and all. But atleast some change in pacing. TBOGT offered many different mission types while most missions in TLAD where about shooting the f*ck out of people. While you do that too in TBOGT you still get to like parachute on top of the building, execute some guys, jump out the window using the chute for a clean escape. And that keeps the missions from feeling repetitive, atleast in my opinion

Still I love both but TBOGT wins for me.

p.s I thought the thread would fit in well here, after all this is in the IV world, so I put it here rather than in the neXt section

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

The Lost and Damned for Story, Characters and Music.

Most people will vote for The Ballad of Gay Tony though for its San Andreas like attitude and that overall Night Club vibe, Sports Cars and WOO Money and Sex attitude. It's a shame though, The Lost and Damned is great IMO TBOGT is actually quite overrated but it's something GTA Players want. sad.gif

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

The Lost and Damned it had the better feel as a whole and was upheld throughout the whole story unlike Ballad of Gay Tony's night life theme which I felt was gone after the first mission or so.

The Lost and Damned also to me had a better story and better characters, Ballad of Gay Tony only had one character I liked and that was Yusuf Amir the rest of the characters just seemed to be added for the sake of being added and to reuse the same jokes.

Missions may have been actiony and fun in BOGT but they seemed out of place and half the time they just shoved in an excuse to use the parachute which annoyed me. I do on the other hand like certain things BoGT brought to the table: Mission Replays, Fight Club, Drug Wars, Weapons, Music, Vehicles, and Activities. I did hate the Mission scoring though seems like if you don't do what is targeted your doing the mission wrong (to me anyways) and that takes away from the fun factor knowing you only got 75% or something.

Now let me move on to Luis as a character I feel he is hypocritical and the worst protagonist in the GTA IV era so far. For example "I don't wanna get sent back to prison." next/same mission "Alright guys I'll help you deal drugs/kill this person/beat up this person" Don't get me wrong Niko and Johnny were a little hypocritical but not enough that I'd notice or it came out more in flow with the story. In BOGT every mission Luis says something about it and it gets annoying fast.

So there's my little rant, it wasn't a bad DLC, but I was for sure disappointed in it.
  • hacel bellic likes this

gtaSA_free
  • gtaSA_free

Petre_papoose

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:45 AM

the ballad of gay tony is much better

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (FearTheLiving @ Oct 31 2009, 07:40)
The Lost and Damned it had the better feel as a whole and was upheld throughout the whole story unlike Ballad of Gay Tony's night life theme which I felt was gone after the first mission or so.

The Lost and Damned also to me had a better story and better characters, Ballad of Gay Tony only had one character I liked and that was Yusuf Amir the rest of the characters just seemed to be added for the sake of being added and to reuse the same jokes.

Missions may have been actiony and fun in BOGT but they seemed out of place and half the time they just shoved in an excuse to use the parachute which annoyed me. I do on the other hand like certain things BoGT brought to the table: Mission Replays, Fight Club, Drug Wars, Weapons, Music, Vehicles, and Activities. I did hate the Mission scoring though seems like if you don't do what is targeted your doing the mission wrong (to me anyways) and that takes away from the fun factor knowing you only got 75% or something.

Now let me move on to Luis as a character I feel he is hypocritical and the worst protagonist in the GTA IV era so far. For example "I don't wanna get sent back to prison." next/same mission "Alright guys I'll help you deal drugs/kill this person/beat up this person" Don't get me wrong Niko and Johnny were a little hypocritical but not enough that I'd notice or it came out more in flow with the story. In BOGT every mission Luis says something about it and it gets annoying fast.

So there's my little rant, it wasn't a bad DLC, but I was for sure disappointed in it.

Yeah you are totally right. IV and TLaD's stories were just better. BoGT, I wasn't really taking it serious while playing, you know?

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Oct 31 2009, 06:41)

Most people will vote for The Ballad of Gay Tony though for its San Andreas like attitude and that overall Night Club vibe, Sports Cars and WOO Money and Sex attitude. It's a shame though, The Lost and Damned is great IMO TBOGT is actually quite overrated but it's something GTA Players want. sad.gif

emm how does bogt got the san andreas feel?

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:03 PM

I love TLAD, but TBoGT has so much more replayability and feels like much more like an independent game than just an add-on.

I think the SA comparison is being made simply because of parachutes. It's closer to Vice City, if anything. I love how there is more action, but it's still grounded.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

I like San Andreas the least out of every single game in the franchise. GTA IV is my favorite game in the franchise. But this game in terms of gameplay has now changed that, I prefer the little realism, which is still present in TBOGT, it's still set in the IV world, but it just has more stuff, and I f*cking love it. It has absolutely nothing to do with San Andreas since I liked that game the least in the franchise. But I just enjoy playing the game a lot more.

I thought TLAD had a pretty good story, but it wasn't anything amazing, it's better though at making connections with GTA4. TBOGT had some sweet ones like small stuff such as Gracie saying "I'm thinking of selling my car" but I think TLAD handled connecting to IV a little better.

But overall I enjoyed the story more in TBOGT, even though it's silly, it's nice to have something not so serious for a change and I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed TLAD.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:38 PM

Go ahead and use this topic in TBoGT; there's a poll too. icon14.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

After owning EFLC since Thursday I've been playing TBOGT more. I love the biker theme in TLAD, but just mucking around I would say TBOGT is better.

The thing I like about TBOGT is it still retains traces of realism while adding the fun, and over the top things.

Overall both are great in their own way, but I have to tip my hat off to TBOGT. If you ask me I think R* were a bit generous with these expansion packs. Seriously I would've paid the full retail price for them.

Usually content packs are pretty minor, but TLAD, and TBOGT are almost treated like stand alone games.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:46 AM Edited by OutOfTimer, 03 November 2009 - 12:05 PM.

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Oct 31 2009, 13:32)

Yeah you are totally right. IV and TLaD's stories were just better. BoGT, I wasn't really taking it serious while playing, you know?

And I'm disappointed with both of you, children, as it's so annoying to read your rainbow coloured posts.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (OutOfTimer @ Nov 3 2009, 11:46)
QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Oct 31 2009, 13:32)

And I'm disappointed with both of you, children, as it's so annoying to read your rainbow coloured posts.

Considering its off topic and can easily be fixed by highlighting go suicidal.gif ...

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

TBoGT takes the cake! Easily.
Even though I liked TLAD TBoGT gives you much more action and features.
I played TBoGT through two times in a few days.
It took at least two months before I even touched TLAD after its first playthrough.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:21 AM

I don't know if i can vote here. I'd like a "Tie" option. TLAD has a much more gripping story if you ask me. And the on-bike baseballbat racing is just brilliant. Then of course the missions in TBoGT is funnier and there's more to do outside of the story. So i'd like to vote tie. EFLC is a brilliant package i'd say.

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:05 AM

The Ballad of Gay Tony wins by a huge margin. I actually find the fact that it has "gay" in the title a little ironic, since the only thing gay here is the f*cking bikers, who think they're real cool and so on. The only instance where you see a f*cking penis on your screen is... yes, The Lost and Damned. It's such a boring, moronic piece-a-s*hit that no wonder it was released first. I'm sure R* didn't want people to remember GTA IV like this. LOL

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (OutOfTimer @ Nov 12 2009, 09:05)
The Ballad of Gay Tony wins by a huge margin. I actually find the fact that it has "gay" in the title a little ironic, since the only thing gay here is the f*cking bikers, who think they're real cool and so on. The only instance where you see a f*cking penis on your screen is... yes, The Lost and Damned. It's such a boring, moronic piece-a-s*hit that no wonder it was released first. I'm sure R* didn't want people to remember GTA IV like this. LOL

Everything in that post makes total sense. All of it. sarcasm.gif

skyline93
  • skyline93

Yeah boi.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

That reason is good enough to vote for TBOGT. Why do you say it like it's a bad thing?
  • nobum62 likes this

samuellau93
  • samuellau93

Its only business...

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (skyline93 @ Nov 13 2009, 21:07)

That reason is good enough to vote for TBOGT. Why do you say it like it's a bad thing?

Because it sounds cool to against something the majority of people like.

For me, TBOGT. It just owns. But Gang Life as Johnny is still awesome.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (samuellau93 @ Nov 13 2009, 15:03)

Believe it or not, people have different tastes, I can't stand the club night life, I find it annoying, the music is sh*t, the people are fake, etc. Gameplay is good but I'm fine with The Lost and Damned, Gang Wars and Biker races are enough to keep me enjoying the game and I prefer the TLAD Story, Characters, Events and Music much more than TBOGT.

But like I said in another post, the majority of people prefer TBOGT because they prefer that kind of mainstream style because, well, it's mainstream for a reason.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 13 2009, 19:04)
QUOTE (samuellau93 @ Nov 13 2009, 15:03)

Believe it or not, people have different tastes, I can't stand the club night life, I find it annoying, the music is sh*t, the people are fake, etc. Gameplay is good but I'm fine with The Lost and Damned, Gang Wars and Biker races are enough to keep me enjoying the game and I prefer the TLAD Story, Characters, Events and Music much more than TBOGT.

But like I said in another post, the majority of people prefer TBOGT because they prefer that kind of mainstream style because, well, it's mainstream for a reason.

You're such a little whore... I'm sorry but what's with the f*cking mainstream, since when did more gameplay features become more mainstream? Just because people prefer having parachute they're idiots? Is that basically what you're saying. Stop being such an emo wannabe, stop trying to be different. TBOGT isn't more mainstream than TLAD, from what I know TLAD has sold better, so if anything it's the other way around.

Just because people like all these gameplay features does not mean the game is made for a mainstream audience. I love TBOGT I didn't like San Andreas and GTA IV is my favorite GTA game without a doubt, doesn't that totally f*ck your little theory up into a million peaces.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Laufas @ Nov 13 2009, 22:10)
You're such a little whore... I'm sorry but what's with the f*cking mainstream, since when did more gameplay features become more mainstream? Just because people prefer having parachute they're idiots? Is that basically what you're saying. Stop being such an emo wannabe, stop trying to be different. TBOGT isn't more mainstream than TLAD, from what I know TLAD has sold better, so if anything it's the other way around.

Just because people like all these gameplay features does not mean the game is made for a mainstream audience. I love TBOGT I didn't like San Andreas and GTA IV is my favorite GTA game without a doubt, doesn't that totally f*ck your little theory up into a million peaces.

WHAT, Emo Wannabe? TBOGT IS more Mainstream, the dance music, club vibe, the characters, are way more marketable compared to TLAD, do me a favour and actually check what mainstream means, and what emo means, cause you appear to have no idea which means what.

f*ck this forum is full of idiots. Make a point and get attacked.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 13 2009, 23:28)

WHAT, Emo Wannabe? TBOGT IS more Mainstream, the dance music, club vibe, the characters, are way more marketable compared to TLAD, do me a favour and actually check what mainstream means, and what emo means, cause you appear to have no idea which means what.

Yeah Gay people is super mainstream for teens out there... They prefer Gay's over hardcore biker badass guys, right?

Get over yourself.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Laufas @ Nov 13 2009, 23:34)

Yeah Gay people is super mainstream for teens out there... They prefer Gay's over hardcore biker badass guys, right?

Get over yourself.

No but Drinking, Dancing, Night Clubs, UK Dance Music, Living the Celebrity lifestyle beats Gritty Bikers and Rock music. At least it does in the UK by tenfold, no idea where you are from. And what does being Gay have to do about it, you think people buy games based on their name? haha.

edit: Just the humour you, if we did base it on names, then:
http://www.googlefig...Lost and Damned

Punk-in-Drublic
  • Punk-in-Drublic

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 13 2009, 23:37)

Get over yourself.

No but Drinking, Dancing, Night Clubs, UK Dance Music, Living the Celebrity lifestyle beats Gritty Bikers and Rock music. At least it does in the UK by tenfold, no idea where you are from. And what does being Gay have to do about it, you think people buy games based on their name? haha.

Shut the f*ck up.

--------------------------------------
I preferred TLAD (Although I havent played much TBOGT yet), I feel more for the characters, the storyline is deeper and I like the loyalty and brotherhood theme as a whole.

TBoGT is much more fun for messing around and sh*t and obviously better online, the free modes and brilliant.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Wreckless Jake @ Nov 13 2009, 23:41)
Shut the f*ck up.

What was that for? You're from the UK to you should know, go look at the music channels, how many of them play Rock music compared to how many are playing R&B and Dance music.

Jeez, why is calling TBOGT Mainstream upsetting people here? That's what it is and Rockstar are happy for it to be like that as it will get more sales and more attention for them.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (OutOfTimer @ Nov 12 2009, 20:05)

Wow you're quite the moron aren't you? I actually thought the dick gag was pretty funny, because it wasn't something that was expected.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 13 2009, 23:37)

Get over yourself.

You could drink in TLAD too.

Btw, that TLAD won that google fight, shouldn't that make it more mainstream? Lol.

And gay has something to do with it because you're around gay people in the game, isn't bikers more popular around the world than gay guys is, atleast for teens. I think they'd prefer to be a badass biker than someone who does the diry work for a gay man (that sounds odd, lol)

I don't have anything against gays or anything. But get that massive head out your asshole, if anything TLAD is the more mainstream title out there for the people.

Sure in terms of Gameplay more people would obviously pick TBOGT but that's just common f*cking sense, that doesn't make it a lame mainstream thing, it's just normal, who would prefer a bike over an APC? Sure some would, not many. So.. Again get that f*cking head out your ass and stop trying to be so different.

You love showing your love for TLAD on this forum because it gives you attention, we all get that.. But stop being a moron about it. It's OK for you too love TLAD, f*ck I love that game too. But you don't have to say that people that prefer TBOGT are mainstream people, and because it's "more mainstream" because that's just f*cking bullsh*t.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Laufas @ Nov 14 2009, 00:54)
Btw, that TLAD won that google fight, shouldn't that make it more mainstream? Lol.

user posted image

And I'm just going to stop arguing, if you really think TBOGT ISN'T Mainstream compared to TLAD then, it just isn't worth it but I really do think you're underestimating how mainstream it is in the UK at least, I'm from Manchester, we have Europe's largest Gay Pride festival here among other things, so it might be down to where you live, here, TBOGT IS Mainstream and I'm not changing my word on that, you can carry on pretending it isn't.

Laufas
  • Laufas

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Nov 14 2009, 01:05)
QUOTE (Laufas @ Nov 14 2009, 00:54)

user posted image

And I'm just going to stop arguing, if you really think TBOGT ISN'T Mainstream compared to TLAD then, it just isn't worth it but I really do think you're underestimating how mainstream it is in the UK at least, I'm from Manchester, we have Europe's largest Gay Pride festival here among other things, so it might be down to where you live, here, TBOGT IS Mainstream and I'm not changing my word on that, you can carry on pretending it isn't.

pretending? YOu think I actually care about this, if you were to somehow proove, go out in the public and proove to me that TBOGT was indeed more mainstream I wouldn't give a f*ck. You clearly have a strong obsession with being different from others, so go on. Btw this is what I get when I looked on the site

user posted image

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Laufas @ Nov 14 2009, 01:21)
You clearly have a strong obsession with being different from others, so go on. Btw this is what I get when I looked on the site

user posted image

I don't have an obsession with being different, I have an obsession with defending things I like when everyone else is calling it sh*t for no other reason. Besides I'm not the only one, there are a few of us who prefer TLAD but we appear to be on the small side. sad.gif TLAD deserves more recognition from GTA fans rather than being called the sh*tty DLC that isn't TBOGT.

Also wow, it must go by local searches, can other people in different countries do this to? I'd like to see how the results look elsewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users