Quantcast

» «
Photo

BOGT or TLAD

100 replies to this topic

Poll: Which DLC did you like best? (614 member(s) have cast votes)

Which DLC did you like best?

1. BOGT (373 votes [70.78%])

Percentage of vote: 70.78%

2. TLAD (86 votes [16.32%])

Percentage of vote: 16.32%

3. Same (68 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

The answers are biased since you posted it on the BOGT forums.

Anyway,TLAD for me,nothing beats going out with your crew and you all getting drunk and ramming people.

Lauslim12
  • Lauslim12

LC Cage Fighter

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

I love both of them. Both got their own advantage, like TLAD having cool bikes, and TBOGT in the nightclub system.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

I guess I can relate to the BoGT. Had so much fun playing it, it was well thought out. icon14.gif

I can't seem to get into TLAD at all.

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

BOGT is better than TLAD in almost everything:
-storyline
-charcter
-cars
-new features(parachute,nitro,attacking helicopter,golf...)
-nightlife(dancing,drinking game...)
-club management
-weapons
It's the best!! biggrin.gif

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:11 PM Edited by Majestic81, 17 April 2012 - 12:33 PM.

QUOTE (Wass @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 12:07)
BOGT is better than TLAD in almost everything:
-storyline
-charcter
-cars
-new features(parachute,nitro,attacking helicopter,golf...)
-nightlife(dancing,drinking game...)
-club management
-weapons
It's the best!! biggrin.gif

Are you seriously saying TBOGT story was better than TLAD? the whole story was fruity ...the characters were weird, the missions were unrealistic and didnt connect with each other, yes its a fun game but it never made sense , TLAD on the other hand was deep, i cared about each and everything that happened in the story, in TBOGT i didnt much care about what was gonna happen

the weapons were kinda cool, i still prefer the automatic pistol and the assault shootie from tlad

the vehicles didnt impress me either, it only add a couple of helicopters and a few sports cars while TLAD had an amazing bike collection.

batmankidal
  • batmankidal

Biker dude

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

TLaD for me.. cool.gif

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

I've only just finished TLAD and begun BOGT. The whole time I was looking forward the glitzy gameplay of the former, and just kinda played the first game in an expedited fashion. Only a few missions in, I am for more into the character and story of Luis Lopez and therefore I do prefer this one.

But looking back on TLAD it was a pretty solid game (for a DLC). The bike races were badass, and I miss being able to swing a bat in someone's face while racing in BoGT. It had some memorable missions as well, especially the last one. I was pretty excited looking at all the goodies in the van smile.gif

Anyways, BoGT gets my vote for now. It's already loads of fun and I hope it'll be merely a taste of what V has to offer us.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Both are fantastic. The TLAD is just more interesting to play. Maybe it's Johnny. Luis wasn't much of a protagonist. You feel more inclined to play when you like who you're playing as.

TBOGT does have a stellar list of characters; Yusuf, Tony, Mori (and Brucie, plus Roman in the club hahah), and Ray Bulgarin. The game's story was saved by their hilarity. But Luis himself was only interesting around his mother, or Evan.

TLAD had a great story of the inner conflicts and leadership battles of the Lost. Johnny was someone you could root for. It felt really tied into the overall story of Liberty City by having real links with the sh*t that went on with Niko and his associates. The only misstep of the story was the obvious difference between the Jim of IV and the one in TLAD, but I guess they couldn't do much about that.

But still, I play both of them equally. Fun as f*ck. IV is the greatest though.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:53 PM Edited by Majestic81, 17 April 2012 - 09:56 PM.

QUOTE (Linki @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 13:17)
Both are fantastic. The TLAD is just more interesting to play. Maybe it's Johnny. Luis wasn't much of a protagonist. You feel more inclined to play when you like who you're playing as.

TBOGT does have a stellar list of characters; Yusuf, Tony, Mori (and Brucie, plus Roman in the club hahah), and Ray Bulgarin. The game's story was saved by their hilarity. But Luis himself was only interesting around his mother, or Evan.

TLAD had a great story of the inner conflicts and leadership battles of the Lost. Johnny was someone you could root for. It felt really tied into the overall story of Liberty City by having real links with the sh*t that went on with Niko and his associates. The only misstep of the story was the obvious difference between the Jim of IV and the one in TLAD, but I guess they couldn't do much about that.

But still, I play both of them equally. Fun as f*ck. IV is the greatest though.

exactly Johnny and a few other characters were interesting, i think its safe to say that hes the best protogainst of all GTAs , TBOGT didnt had any cool characters except Gay Tony i might say ,Luis,Armando and the other douche were boring.

doublehelix
  • doublehelix

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

TBOGT for all the reasons most people have listed.

The finale for me is the most epic from the IV era, the nightclub attack - the funland shoot out with the weird music - then jumping from the exploding plane and parachuting down to the Globe

Also I've had the most replay value from TBOGT due to the multiplayer - which did have limited game modes but the best weapons, maps and vehicles to make up for it.

TLAD is great too, but when I'm done with the story I don't really go back to it

Metzger
  • Metzger

Robber

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

My vote goes for Same, because TLAD and BOGT have their advantages and disadvantages.

For example, TLAD is more concentrated on a team work (you not only have almost always someone to watch your back, but you can also harden your gang in a fight, which will make them more effective), but in TBOGT you have access to a serious firepower (including shotgun with explosive shells, advanced MG and sticky bombs).

Or.

TLAD has a dark and heavy metal climate, and TBOGT has a party real hard climate.

Something for something.

Colonel Dre
  • Colonel Dre

Non Duxit Nos Inducas

• Members

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

TLAD had the better story and characters by far. It showed that life isn't that great to most people.

TBoGT had awesome little features, but the story was lacking and the only interesting character was Yusuf Amir. Over time in multiplayer the APC and Buzzard became annoying as hell and I found myself retreating to underground areas just to be spared by the rocket bombardments. TBoGT did have some pretty good weapons and the inclusion of the Yacht on multiplayer made a great setting for RPs. But the single player felt lacking. After the short and un-immersive campaign, you can hang out with friends you wanna punch, do drug wars which suck compared to gang wars, or just go on a killing spree.

Then I found myself comparing Luis and Johnny. And I decided that I liked Johnny much better. Maybe it was because he was older and understood the world better, or it was the fact that he wasn't nearly as much as a bitch as Luis or had the horrible friends.

That's my two-cents

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

BOGT its Kind of Fun actually. colgate.gif

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

Some people in this thread actually believe TBOGT has a better story? Now that is LOL-worthy. YO L LET'S GO DO SUMTHINK, OK MAMIE, I DO AS U SAY < Pretty much entire story structure of TBOGT.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

I love the same bu I love TLAD so much. Because TLAD has a better story in my opinion; especially Billy's arrest, Jim's tragedic death, burning off Lost Clubhouse make me love this story better. Yeah, TBOGT has a good story too but I think TLAD's is better. Also Night cowboy, big shot, ladies man typing does not fit me so much. Johnny is tough, harder and rebellious character and that's a bit of my style. Also I have so much fun while touring around the city with the brothers and beating deadbeats on their bikes. colgate.gif

thecommander
  • thecommander

You can forget about the miscarrige or keep drinking.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

To me TBoGT seemed childish and like it was made for everyone who whined about IV. Plus I hated Luis, he was just very douchey, and kind of a tool. TLAD to me, seems like a very underrated game, but I understand that not everyone is into the whole biker thing. (I'd rather drive then ride a bike in any GTA game)

Adrian J.
  • Adrian J.

Architecture Lover

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:41 AM

TLAD for me, the story is more gritty and had that something, felt more like something that is closer to real life (with bike gangs and all)
Also love the weapons, bikes and especially the cars like Regina, Slamvan or Rhapsody and just cruising in the rundown parts of Alderney almost feels like home hehe.
Plus Johnny was more relatable and more of a badass.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

The Ballad of Gay Tony is my choice, both were great though and I really enjoyed TLaD. I just bought the complete edition on PS3 so I plan on going through them both again starting tonight. It is kind of like asking which do you prefer, a Mercedes or Cadillac? There is no real wrong choice.

Colonel Dre
  • Colonel Dre

Non Duxit Nos Inducas

• Members

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

TBoGT is fun and all. But the story sucks and the only interesting characters are Gay Tony and that one Arab guy (I like him, but I don't know how to spell his name)

TLaD didn't have all the features but a much better story.

Zuu
  • Zuu

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

TLAD. TBOG look's like this game for gay's

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I liked them both the same but what put TBoGT ovet the top for me was the free mode, buzzard, better weapons and the fact you could replay missions and those missions had objectives.
TBoGT also reminded me of the PS2 era of GTA's with all the over the top stuff that made those games fun. Don't get me wrong I love TLaD and wish people played the online races more because they reminded me of the old Road Rash games.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

i agree. the first thing i thought about when i raced in tlad was road rash. not that i liked it then either. but i recognize that some people do.

gtaGiga
  • gtaGiga

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

Ballad has the buzzard....nuff said

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:00 PM Edited by Wass, 10 June 2012 - 09:38 PM.

TBoGT rules,it almost has everything:
-parachutes
-Automatic/Explosive shotgun that will make your oppennents fly in the air
-bustops(group dance)
-Military grade attacking helicopter
-Noose TANK
-an over the top action variable missions
-score system
-ability to replay mission whenever you want
-drinking game
-Nitrous
-a bunch of new powered sport cars
-Golfing
-And for the first time:EXPLOSIVE Sniper rifle!!

sammclean23
  • sammclean23

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Just finished TBOGT.

Never played it until now, I just got boxed away and never thought about.

Brilliant game, well done r*

noentiendero
  • noentiendero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

The story of TLAD is awesome, and the brotherhood etc, but TBOGT is much longer. I prefeer this last one by this.

abcd_
  • abcd_

King of Blaine County

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

I like them both for different reasons: TBOGT for more interesting characters and more fun, TLAD for the story.

RusiBoy
  • RusiBoy

King of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:18 AM

I love Tlad coz it have lots of bkes. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

TLAD was 0K. TBoGT was really fun. Kinda like San Andreas fun. So i'd have to go with TBoGT

Webbie
  • Webbie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

I started playing LATD first and though I expected not to like the biker theme it definitely grew on me fast. I did however stop playing it at about 80% through the story and have yet to go back, but I plan to very soon. I bought a newer game at the time and started playing that instead of finishing LATD first. A mistake for sure because I was enjoying it.

I just finished getting 100% on BOGT and am still having fun with it. It seems like every single mission is exciting and over the top except for maybe the first two or three.

So yeah, I'd have to say I enjoyed BOGT more so far, but LATD is by no means a bad game. I'm really looking forward to finishing it soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users